Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to make a meta were Pokemon like Ledian, Sunflora, Farfetch'd, Kricketune, Wigglytuff, and Delcatty are good that is not too gimmicky.
If you're fine with their prevos being the ones that are good, I had a short-lived OM called Swapmons last gen that basically "inverted base" stats depending how high or low they were, using Arceus and Sunkern as the two extremes. I don't plan on resubmitting it, let alone hosting it, this gen though, so fair game if anyone wants to dig it up and try it. I just ask for credit for the original idea.

Edit: I dug for you.

I want to make a meta were Pokemon like Ledian, Sunflora, Farfetch'd, Kricketune, Wigglytuff, and Delcatty are good that is not too gimmicky.
the problem is, how do you make these mons work when they have both awful typings, crappy movepool, and no ability? stuff like ledian and sunflore dont even have anything unique about them. you would probably need to do too much with your meta or they would have to fall on the fringe of those metas that grant bonuses to bad pokemon, because they also have average bst. imo its more fun making metas that make mons like pangoro, dragalge, and crabominable work because they already have nice movepools and typing and at least one useful stat over 100.

the meta you are probably trying to make would be something like "only mons with under 450 BST allowed, banlist: pelipper, huge power, pure power, sablenite beedrillite

Original Universe OU (OU2?)
As you may know there is a split in the timeline with one universe where there is fairy type and mega evolution and one universe without. This meta takes place in a universe with Pokemon 7th gen in that alternate universe.
Changed 6th Gen+ Pokemon Types
Ninetales-Alola: Ice
Flabebe/Floette/Florges: Grass
Spritzee/Aromatisse: Poison/Flying
Swirlix/Slurpuff: Normal
Sylveon: Flying
Dedenne: Electric
Carbink/Diancie: Rock/Psychic
Klefki: Steel/Ghost
Xerneas: Grass/Psychic
Primarina: Water/Psychic
Cutiefly/Ribombee: Bug
Morelull/Shiinotic: Grass/Ghost
Comfey: Grass
Mimikyu: Ghost/Normal
Tapu Bulu: Grass/Rock
Tapu Fini: Water/Steel
Tapu Koko: Electric/Flying
Tapu Lele: Psychic/Ghost
Magearna: Steel
Changed Attacking Move Types
Fleur Cannon- Steel
Moonblast- Ghost
Play Rough- Ghost
Dazzling Gleam- Steel
Draining Kiss- Poison
Fairy Wind- Flying

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
As you may know there is a split in the timeline with one universe where there is fairy type and mega evolution and one universe without. This meta takes place in a universe with Pokemon 7th gen in that alternate universe.

Fleur Cannon- Steel
Moonblast- Ghost
Play Rough- Ghost
Dazzling Gleam- Steel
Draining Kiss- Poison
Fairy Wind- Flying
I suppose then that Sylveon gains Aerilate.
Also the hell happens to Fini? It has Misty Surge. (Also imo all tapus should have the same secondary type, if any)

Fleur Cannon- Steel
Moonblast- Ghost
Play Rough- Ghost
Dazzling Gleam- Steel
Draining Kiss- Poison
Fairy Wind- Flying

To be blunt, some of the type changes seem really arbitrary and not entirely well thought out. Like, what is Sylveon supposed to do with a Flying-typing? Only Flying move it learns is your altered Fairy Wind. Spritzee and Aromatisse are in the same boat, learning zero Flying and Poison moves outside of Toxic.

Also, I don't feel you should turn mono-Fairy types into a dual-whatever typing. Probably best to be consistent in handling it, like dropping the Fairy-type for dual-types or turning them to Normal-types. Most pre-Gen VI Fairies were either Normal-type or had Fairy added to their Normal-type. Gardevoir is the major exception off the top of my head.

Also also, shouldn't Z-moves also not exist in this meta for the same reasoning?

Fleur Cannon- Steel
Moonblast- Ghost
Play Rough- Ghost
Dazzling Gleam- Steel
Draining Kiss- Poison
Fairy Wind- Flying
This is a pet mod

some compiled modified base stats for some gen6 and 7 pokemon for Tapumons.
I really love the idea behind tapumons. Its a fun way to make a wide range of pokemon usable. The only gripe I can think of though is whether a 130 attack or special attack mon can break through a 115/130 hp/defensive stat pokemon. It seems like walls will be particularly challenging in the meta to deal with. The example Im thinking of is for instance a adamant Krookodile with 130 atk cant 2hko a cresselia with crunch using 115 hp 130 defense. Even with blackglasses + adamant, its like a 25% chance. I dunno what the solution to this will be though and I think the metagame is still pretty great either way. Im sure some bs offensive threats will surface either way

edit: do you think pure power etc should be banned? it will only reach 70atk, but even that is quite strong with no item. for mega evolution im assuming it doesnt grant stats but simply shifts the assignments to the new stat arrangement of the mega- in that case, mega medicham would definitely be banworthy with a potential 130 base atk and all-round great stats. personally that would be how i wold handle megas, because even without granting stats some of them will grant useful abilities, type changes, and stat rearrangements that may make them flexible picks (for instance lucario would switch between 130 spa/ 115 atk and 130 atk/115 spa when mega evolving)

Last edited:
I really love the idea behind tapumons. Its a fun way to make a wide range of pokemon usable. The only gripe I can think of though is whether a 130 attack or special attack mon can break through a 115/130 hp/defensive stat pokemon. It seems like walls will be particularly challenging in the meta to deal with. The example Im thinking of is for instance a adamant Krookodile with 130 atk cant 2hko a cresselia with crunch using 115 hp 130 defense. Even with blackglasses + adamant, its like a 25% chance. I dunno what the solution to this will be though and I think the metagame is still pretty great either way. Im sure some bs offensive threats will surface either way

edit: do you think pure power etc should be banned? it will only reach 70atk, but even that is quite strong with no item. for mega evolution im assuming it doesnt grant stats but simply shifts the assignments to the new stat arrangement of the mega- in that case, mega medicham would definitely be banworthy with a potential 130 base atk and all-round great stats. personally that would be how i wold handle megas, because even without granting stats some of them will grant useful abilities, type changes, and stat rearrangements that may make them flexible picks (for instance lucario would switch between 130 spa/ 115 atk and 130 atk/115 spa when mega evolving)
Base medicham gets 85 atk, but 130 spe; same with bunnelby. the only huge power wielders that do not easily seem blatantly op at the moment are the azumarill family.
Also there are these
pikachu: 75/115/70/95/85/130
marowak: 85/115/130/75/95/70
clamperl: 75/95/130/115/85/70

New idea:

Metagame name: Elemental Forces

Metagame premise
: Each typing gives a boost to a certain stat, following the list below. In case of secondary typings, you can choose by making the Pokemon shiny, if you prefer using the secondary typing. A Pokemon will only receive one stat boost.

Potential bans and threats: OU Banlist

How the metagame will work:

Boosts per typing:

Normal: HP +10
Fighting: Attack +15
Flying: Speed +10
Poison: Special Defense +5
Ground: Attack +5
Bug: Speed +5
Ghost: Defense +5
Steel: Defense +15
Fire: Special Attack +15
Water: HP +5
Grass: HP: +15
Electric: Special Attack +5
Psychic: Special Attack +10
Ice: Special Defense +15
Dragon: Speed +15
Dark: Attack +10
Fairy: Special Defense: +10

Questions for the community:
  • The only question i have is is this existing already?

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
New idea:

Metagame name: Elemental Forces
Metagame premise: Each typing gives a boost to a certain stat, following the list below. In case of secondary typings, you can choose by making the Pokemon shiny, if you prefer using the secondary typing. A Pokemon will only receive one stat boost.

Potential bans and threats: OU Banlist

How the metagame will work:

Boosts per typing:

Normal: HP +10
Fighting: Attack +15
Flying: Speed +10
Poison: Special Defense +5
Ground: Attack +5
Bug: Speed +5
Ghost: Defense +5
Steel: Defense +15
Fire: Special Attack +15
Water: HP +5
Grass: HP: +15
Electric: Special Attack +5
Psychic: Special Attack +10
Ice: Special Defense +15
Dragon: Speed +15
Dark: Attack +10
Fairy: Special Defense: +10

Questions for the community:
  • The only question i have is is this existing already?
I submited a fairly simillar meta some time ago (PokéreoTypes). It didn't get approved, so I don't think it's a good idea to try to submit it :/

Dynamic Duos

Metagame premise:
The mons in slot 1&2, 3&4 and 5&6 are able to borrow abilities and moves from each other. For example, if you have Zygarde and Pinsir in slot 1 and 2, Zygarde can borrow Moxie from Pinsir and Pinsir can borrow Extreme Speed from Zygarde's movepool. However because Pinsir is borrowing Extreme Speed, Zygarde can't run Extreme Speed because Pinsir borrowed it. The same goes for Pinsir, it can't run Moxie because Zygarde borrowed Moxie from Pinsir. Pinsir can then either use one of its other abilites or borrow Aura Break from Zygarde.
Bans:
OU Banlist
Kyurem-B
Slaking
Regigigas
ComatoseContrary
Fluffy
Fur Coat
Huge Power
Innards Out
Protean
Pure PowerSpeed Boost
Water Bubble
Wonder Guard

Potential Bans:
Volcarona
Greninja
Dugtrio

Questions for the community: I'm not sure about the name, so feel free to suggest a new one.

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Dynamic Duos

Metagame premise:
The mons in slot 1&2, 3&4 and 5&6 are able to borrow abilities and moves from each other. For example, if you have Zygarde and Pinsir in slot 1 and 2, Zygarde can borrow Moxie from Pinsir and Pinsir can borrow Extreme Speed from Zygarde's movepool. However because Pinsir is borrowing Extreme Speed, Zygarde can't run Extreme Speed because Pinsir borrowed it. The same goes for Pinsir, it can't run Moxie because Zygarde borrowed Moxie from Pinsir. Pinsir can then either use one of its other abilites or borrow Aura Break from Zygarde.
Bans:
OU Banlist
Kyurem-B
Slaking
Regigigas
Potential Bans:
Volcarona
Questions for the community: I'm not sure about the name, so feel free to suggest a new one.
Care to explain why Volcarona?

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
Dynamic Duos

Metagame premise:
Bans:
OU Banlist
Kyurem-B
Slaking
Regigigas
Potential Bans:
Volcarona
Greninja
Dugtrio

I'd ban other obvious things such as Huge/Pure Power and Water Bubble too. Nobody wants to deal with Huge Power Kartana or Water Bubble... Anything that isn't Araquanid.

O right I forgot to include broken abilities in the banlist. The reason why Volc would be a potential ban is because it would have access to abilities like Sheer Force or Beast Boost while also being the most viable mon to borrow QD from. There are a lot more mons that could potentially be banned tho, volc is just the first thing I thought of.

Wonder Guard is already on the banlist so Shedinja can't borrow Sturdy or lend Wonder Guard to other mons. I'll add Innards Out and Comatose tho

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
WIP because it's 1.35 AM

Hidden force
(can be changed)

Metagame premise: hidden power can be physical or special depending on the best offensive statistic.

OU banlist

Potential bans and threats: hidden power fire/ice will be spammed even more, since they're a good coverage move

Question for the community: should i use another method to decide how hidden power will be threated?

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
[Unnamed]

Pet Mod premise
: Most weak/outclassed existing moves will be boosted so they can have some utility.

Potential bans and threats: I don't think it can be foreseen, since this is a Pet Mod. OU Based banlist.

Questions for the community: Would this really work? We have a Mod for Ability edditing, but would Move-Editing work?

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
WIP because it's 1.35 AM
Hidden force (can be changed)

Metagame premise: hidden power can be physical or special depending on the best offensive statistic.

OU banlist

Potential bans and threats: hidden power fire/ice will be spammed even more, since they're a good coverage move

Question for the community: should i use another method to decide how hidden power will be threated?
Main problem with this is that Hidden Power is weak af, and is basically never used except to hit 4x weaknesses. Maybe if you gave it a power boost too, making it equal to Multi Attack or Judgment.

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
Main problem with this is that Hidden Power is weak af, and is basically never used except to hit 4x weaknesses. Maybe if you gave it a power boost too, making it equal to Multi Attack or Judgment.
The main purpose of this meta is not to change this move into a powerful one, but to make it aviable to physical attackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)