SM Ubers Blue Sun

Introduction

Sun is pretty obsolete this generation, as it was last generation due to the introduction of Primals on top of the Drought nerf. Reshiram is just as obsolete, as it's always been directly linked to that viability; without the sun, Reshiram is effectively an inferior Kyurem-W. So why am I doing this? To prove that it can still be done (and because Reshiram is one of my favorite Pokemon). This also happens to be the most successful team I've ever made from scratch (I got to Top 500 with it, take it as you will).

Teambuilding Process

Reshiram is why I'm making this team, so I may as well start with it. It needs a lot of support to be at its best, and that support often also needs additional support.

Drought users are inviable in Ubers, aside from maybe Groudon in some situations; I've actually tried to use Groudon in the past but, mainly due to the Drought nerf in XY and the complete momentum loss that can occur if the sun is replaced while Groudon is in play, the weather support it gives is inferior to what I could get from running Sunny Day and a Heat Rock on a different Pokemon. After some research, I found that Ho-Oh was the best candidate for this, as it [1] benefits from the sun, [2] has good synergy with Reshiram, and [3] can set up Sunny Day multiple times throughout a match due to great bulk coupled with Regenerator and reliable recovery in Recover and Roost.

Primal Groudon sets Stealth Rock, which is extremely useful in that it makes it easier for Reshiram to sweep later. In addition, it checks Primal Kyogre as well as other Primal Groudon, and it is always nice to have another offensive check to Xerneas. On top of all of that, it can KO opposing Rock-types with Precipice Blades.

If Primal Kyogre switches into Primal Groudon, I'd have to sack something important. In order to remedy this, I added Arceus-Dragon as a bulky pivot. It is used over Arceus-Water because otherwise my team would be vulnerable to Electric. It also alleviates my core's Stealth Rock weakness as it learns Defog.

As I have neither a Dark resist nor a Ghost resist yet, I can get two birds with one stone by adding Yveltal. It also has a good matchup against stall and can check Primal Groudon, which is always useful. Its high damage output also helps Reshiram break through the opposing team later.

As my team still had a glaring weakness to Extreme Killer Arceus, Xerneas, and Toxic users, Arii Stella pointed out Celesteela could solve all of these problems.

The Team

Reshiram @ [item=choice scarf, sm]Choice Scarf[/item]
Ability: [ability=Turboblaze, sm]Turboblaze[/ability]
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- [move=draco meteor, sm]Draco Meteor[/move]
- [move=blue flare, sm]Blue Flare[/move]
- [move=fusion flare, sm]Fusion Flare[/move]
- [move=rock slide, sm]Rock Slide[/move]
Reshiram is my sun abuser, revenge killer, and Mega Lucario check. Choice Scarf allows Reshiram to outspeed everything up to postive-natured Mega Mewtwo Y, which is important because Reshiram is much less threatening when it is easily outsped by much of the meta. Blue Flare OHKOs essentially everything in the sun given that [1] it doesn't miss, [2] the opposing Pokemon doesn't resist it (in this case Blue Flare is almost always a 2HKO), and [3] Stealth Rock is up (especially in the case of Arceus). When revenge killing, Reshiram should be using Fusion Flare when possible and Draco Meteor only when Fusion Flare won't do the job, as Draco Meteor tends to invite setup sweepers such as Xerneas and Primal Groudon eager to take advantage of that free turn gained by forcing Reshiram out. In not using Blue Flare, its PP is conserved, which is necessary given that Reshiram often consumes much of that PP when sweeping; of course, this isn't important if most of the opponent's team resists Fire or if Ho-Oh has fainted; in that case feel free to use Blue Flare to get as much use out of it as possible. Rock Slide is used as Reshiram's only coverage move, and it is used over Stone Edge because Rock Slide is more accurate and the damage decrease is not important, as Ho-Oh is still OHKOed after Stealth Rock or some chip.

Ho-Oh @ [item=heat rock, sm]Heat Rock[/item]
Ability: [ability=regenerator, sm]Regenerator[/ability]
EVs: 16 HP / 240 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- [move=sunny day, sm]Sunny Day[/move]
- [move=sacred fire, sm]Sacred Fire[/move]
- [move=brave bird, sm]Brave Bird[/move]
- [move=recover, sm]Recover[/move] / [move=roost, sm]Roost[/move]
While this is a weird set, Reshiram absolutely needs sun support, and as much of it as possible. Sacred Fire hits devastatingly hard in the sun, so Brave Bird is there simply for the coverage it provides when coupled with Sacred Fire and because it has so much more PP. Recover, or Roost, allows Ho-Oh to set up Sunny Day throughout the match, as the sun constantly gets interrupted by stuff like Desolate Land and Primordial Sea. Running a Heat Rock allows Reshiram to consistently get plenty of turns under sun to sweep even if Ho-Oh doesn't immediately switch out after using Sunny Day. 16 HP EVs enable Ho-Oh to get as much use out of Regenerator as possible without noticeably compromising its offensive presence. Maximum Speed investment makes Ho-Oh a much more reliable sun setter than it would be otherwise, as now it can revenge kill something like Primal Kyogre and use Sunny Day before the new foe even has a chance to attack in many situations, allowing Ho-Oh to immediately benefit from Thunder's accuracy reduction and the loss of its Water weakness; this can also make it a decent suicide sun setter if needed.

Groudon-Primal @ [item=red orb, sm]Red Orb[/item]
Ability: [ability=desolate land, sm]Desolate Land[/ability]
EVs: 152 HP / 236 Atk / 44 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- [move=stealth rock, sm]Stealth Rock[/move]
- [move=precipice blades, sm]Precipice Blades[/move]
- [move=roar, sm]Roar[/move]
- [move=smack down, sm]Smack Down[/move]
As usual, Primal Groudon does a bunch of things ranging from setting Stealth Rock to checking Primal Kyogre and Xerneas. Smack Down is used over Stone Edge because I find that being able to hit everything with Precipice Blades is extremely useful, especially against Giratina-O, Mega Salamence, Celesteela, and Lugia. It also still gets the OHKO on Ho-Oh albeit after Stealth Rock. Roar is used instead of Dragon Tail so Primal Groudon can phase Xerneas.

Arceus-Dragon @ [item=dragonium Z, sm]Dragonium Z[/item]
Ability: [ability=Multitype, sm]Multitype[/ability]
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- [move=Spacial Rend , sm]Spacial Rend[/move]
- [move=toxic, sm]Toxic[/move]
- [move=defog, sm]Defog[/move]
- [move=recover, sm]Recover[/move]
Arceus-Dragon is useful as a bulky pivot against Primal Kyogre while also checking Zygarde-C, Rayquaza, and Mega Salamence with Devestating Drake or Spacial Rend. With Defog, it can remove the plagues called 'entry hazards' from my side of the field, allowing me to use Ho-Oh and Reshiram without them being crippled as soon as they switch in. It can also Toxic stall threats such as Primal Groudon.

Yveltal @ [item=life orb, sm]Life Orb[/item]
Ability: [ability=dark aura, sm]Dark Aura[/ability]
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- [move=dark pulse, sm]Dark Pulse[/move]
- [move=oblivion wing, sm]Oblivion Wing[/move]
- [move=sucker punch, sm]Sucker Punch[/move]
- [move=taunt, sm]Taunt[/move]
My anti-lead and early-game damage dealer. Yveltal can keep opposing leads that are not faster than it from doing much of anything, much less setting hazards that I really don't want to be there. Dark Pulse has incredible damage output when boosted by Dark Aura, so that is the move I click the most. Oblivion Wing restores Yveltal's HP while still doing good damage, allowing me to use Yveltal aggressively. Sucker Punch is good against weakened threats and Deoxys-A, and makes Yveltal much harder to revenge kill even if it is paralyzed.

Celesteela @ [item=leftovers, sm]Leftovers[/item]
Ability: [ability=beast boost, sm]Beast Boost[/ability]
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- [move=leech seed, sm]Leech Seed[/move]
- [move=toxic, sm]Toxic[/move]
- [move=heavy slam, sm]Heavy Slam[/move]
- [move=protect, sm]Protect[/move]
Celesteela is my insurance against physical attackers, especially Extreme Killer Arceus, Swords Dance Arceus formes, Primal Groudon lacking a Fire STAB move, and Mega Salamence. It can also be used as an emergency switch-in to Xerneas, though it probably won't be useful as anything other than death fodder for the rest of the match. Leech Seed provides passive recovery at the expense of the foe's health, and combined with Toxic this wears down enemies really quickly. Protect allows Celesteela to scout for dangerous moves while stalling for time where Leech Seed and Toxic weaken the foe and give Celesteela valuable HP.

Threatlist

The main things that keep me from playing aggressively with my core. As long as the opponent has any of these left on their team they will just cancel my pathetic attempts to change the weather. On the bright side, I can use Sunny Day to lure them into battle where I can hopefully remove them for good and then go on the offensive.

The most important members of my team, being Reshiram and Ho-Oh, are weak to Stealth Rock, so if Arceus-Dragon is removed while Stealth Rock is still up on my side, I'm in a bad spot.

Aside from Celesteela, my team in general does not like going second, as it is not built to withstand many powerful attacks. Paralysis in particular hurts a lot, since if Ho-Oh gets paralyzed my team tends to lose momentum, while if Reshiram gets it, it becomes almost completely useless.

Conclusion

I really enjoyed making this and would love to hear any feedback that could possibly make this team better.

Importable
Reshiram @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Turboblaze
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Blue Flare
- Fusion Flare
- Rock Slide

Ho-Oh @ Heat Rock
Ability: Regenerator
Jolly Nature
- Sunny Day
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Recover

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 152 HP / 236 Atk / 44 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Roar
- Smack Down

Arceus-Dragon @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam
- Protect

Last edited:
Hey~
Very happy to see a creative a team around. I think the concept and the teambuilding process is quite unique and crazy because you are making an underrated Pokemon such as Reshiram shine, good job bud! now let me give you a rate.

Scarf Reshiram seems arguable, but I feel you could try to make it more effective by abusing the sun more and running an item that increases its Special Attack, so Choice Specs is a nice idea that you should try; a sun-boosted Blue Flare allows you to 2HKO defensive threats like Blissey and Chansey, and of course, it hits pretty hard in general.

Weakness.
  • Status spam. Pokemon like the aforementioned threats in Blissey, Chansey, and some others including Kyogre, Tyranitar, and Arceus support are very annoying to deal with, since they come in and can easily spam status, so yeah this means a toxic immunity is really needed.
  • SD Arceus. This is indeed the worst Pokemon that you can face and if your opponent manages to find a way to get Arceus in against a -2 Reshiram after Draco Meteor, Arceus can set up on it and sweep the rest of your team.
Suggestions.
  • Replace
    and use
    instead.
    Palkia doesn't seem to do much there other than being your Kyogre answer and your stallbreaker that relies on matchup; you seriously need a toxic immunity and a bulky Steel-type that also helps you against Xerneas, which is another threat that you have mentioned. Celesteela also fixes your SD Arceus weakness due its good defensive typing that even helps against Mega Salamence.
  • Use
    over
    With Palkia gone, Primal Kyogre becomes a nightmare if you lose the weather war, which is why Waterceus works as a nice pivot that would definitely help to play around it while having a solid Defogger. As the team looks a bit weak to Mega Lucario, I recommend you to run Fire Blast over Judgment or Ice Beam.
  • Optimize
    spread.
    The currently one looks weird, you can run Max Attack to make it more offensive and effective while keeping Jolly Nature.
Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam
- Protect

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog
That's all^^ hope I helped a bit and best of luck with the team!:heart:

Hey~
Very happy to see a creative a team around. I think the concept and the teambuilding process is quite unique and crazy because you are making an underrated Pokemon such as Reshiram shine, good job bud! now let me give you a rate.

Scarf Reshiram seems arguable, but I feel you could try to make it more effective by abusing the sun more and running an item that increases its Special Attack, so Choice Specs is a nice idea that you should try; a sun-boosted Blue Flare allows you to 2HKO defensive threats like Blissey and Chansey, and of course, it hits pretty hard in general.

Weakness.
  • Status spam. Pokemon like the aforementioned threats in Blissey, Chansey, and some others including Kyogre, Tyranitar, and Arceus support are very annoying to deal with, since they come in and can easily spam status, so yeah this means a toxic immunity is really needed.
  • SD Arceus. This is indeed the worst Pokemon that you can face and if your opponent manages to find a way to get Arceus in against a -2 Reshiram after Draco Meteor, Arceus can set up on it and sweep the rest of your team.
Suggestions.
  • Replace
    and use
    instead.
    Palkia doesn't seem to do much there other than being your Kyogre answer and your stallbreaker that relies on matchup; you seriously need a toxic immunity and a bulky Steel-type that also helps you against Xerneas, which is another threat that you have mentioned. Celesteela also fixes your SD Arceus weakness due its good defensive typing that even helps against Mega Salamence.
  • Use
    over
    With Palkia gone, Primal Kyogre becomes a nightmare if you lose the weather war, which is why Waterceus works as a nice pivot that would definitely help to play around it while having a solid Defogger. As the team looks a bit weak to Mega Lucario, I recommend you to run Fire Blast over Judgment or Ice Beam.
  • Optimize
    spread.
    The currently one looks weird, you can run Max Attack to make it more offensive and effective while keeping Jolly Nature.
Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog
That's all^^ hope I helped a bit and best of luck with the team!:heart:
I like it, but after testing, I found that I liked Scarf Reshiram more, as without the Choice Scarf it is too easily checked by faster Pokemon which would otherwise fall easily to Blue Flare, and with a Choice Scarf it reliably checks Mega Lucario as long as it doesn't switch into Close Combat. As such, while I'm going to change Arceus-Ground to Arceus-Water, I'm going to run Ice Beam over Fire Blast. I'm also changing Palkia to Celesteela as that has worked out well, with the only minor issue being the consistently disappointing damage output from Heavy Slam. I changed Ho-Oh's spread to be more offensive while still getting the most out of Regenerator. Thank you so much!!!! I should update the OP sometime today.

Edit: Done with update. RIP Palkia

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Fighting the hazard war with this team is bleak. This team has quad SR weak with mediocre opts for actually blocking / removing hazards. I'm not convinced Sunny Day Ho-Oh is the best way to support a Reshiram, or even if trying to offer sun support is a good idea to begin with. I also have to question the use of Scarf, especially when Z Solarbeam is arguably the best tech Reshiram got this gen. The purpose of the build after the inclusion of such a mon should be to eliminate / pressure the defensive mons that trump this set, but that doesn't seem to be the case with this team. How does this team punish blobs? No Spikes, no trappers, not even a physical setup sweeper. Where's the emphasis on pressuring P Ogre / Arc Water?

When it comes to the details, I have even more questions. Why exactly is Modest being used as the nature for a support Arceus-Water? Why is P Don being run with so much Atk invest when its move set doesn't really match? Why is Cele running physical defense EVs with a Careful nature, and no, "to make it more specially bulky" is not a reason. None of these choices are explained. As for general structure, the team has neither staying power or breaking power. The team does not have the tools required to weather against other good defensive teams, and also doesn't really have opts for breaking good stalls. As for the offense matchup, well, the hazard disadvantage is again gross.

I just don't find Ho-Oh necessary here at all. Reshiram is what should be used to punish Steels and Spikers. If you want Sun support that bad (in a tier where not only is it no longer perma, but invalidated every time a Primal comes in and out) regular Groudon is probably the best bet. From here there needs to be emphasis on removal / punish for blobs, bulky waters, and fastmons. You can check resources for opts on these I've complied such as this or this, or discuss with me directly. After this the team needs to ensure that the hazard war is manageable by minimizing the number of SR weaks, ensuring decent lead opts vs. suicide hazard setters, and having a remover that when in tandem with the rest of your squad does not end up being over pressured.

I didn't want to phone in this rate by just providing an importable of a good Reshiram team I've seen. It's your team, and it'll be up to you to understand these flaws and make selections based on the solution plan I've offered. Again, you can talk with me on Ubers discord or on PS if you want to discuss more. Good luck with the squad.

Hello, user Zrp200. Nice team. I agree with all the comments above. First of all, I have no idea why you are running a Modest Arceus-Water. If I were you, I will run Defensive Arceus-Water to check Primal Groudon. Change Celesteela to Magearna because you are very weak to Specs Yveltal and Life Orb Yveltal. Change your Yveltal to Scarf Set. Specs or Grassium-Z are the best items on Reshiram. Run Stealth Rock + Swords Dance set on Primal Groudon to Break Stalls. Here are my Changes of your team.

Sets :

Reshiram @ Grassium Z / Choice Specs
Modest Nature / Jolly Nature
- Blue Flare / Fusion Flare
- Draco Meteor
- Solar Beam / Fusion Flare
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide

Ho-Oh @ Heat Rock
Jolly Nature
- Sunny Day
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Recover

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 160 Atk / 152 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 32 HP / 4 Def / 232 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Foul Play
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn / Knock Off / Dark Pulse
- Heat Wave / Dark Pulse

EVs: 244 HP / 244 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam / Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heart Swap
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Pain Split

Description for the Sets :

First of all, I changed your Physically Defensive Celesteela to Specially Defensive Magearna because your team is Very weak to Specs / Life Orb Yveltal. Magearna can also check threats like Xerneas, Arceus-Dark, Arceus-Fairy. The Defensive EV Investment on Arceus-Water is to take hits from Primal Groudon and cripple it by Toxic. Arceus-Water can check Mega Salamence and Rayquaza by Ice Beam and can Remove Hazards by Defog which is very important to save both Ho-Oh and Reshiram. Yveltal with Scarf and EV Bulk 32 HP / 4 Defense is to take an Extreme Speed from Normal Arceus and hit them back by Foul Play. It also Kills Arceus-Ghost formes. Scarf Yveltal is a great Revenge killer in the Ubers MetaGame. Primal Groudon has Jolly nature with SpD and HP invested bulk which helps it to kill Primal Kyogre. Stealth Rock + Swords Dance is a nice combo because you can be a Wallbreaker by Swords Dance and can Set up Stealth Rock at the Same time. No changes in your Ho-Oh set. And Finally, I got something for your Reshiram Set. Use Specs or Grassium-Z on Reshiram. Nature is your option and then it Hits like a truck and also acts as your Second Wallbreaker after Primal Groudon.

So yeah That's better now I think. Hope I Helped.

Hello, user Zrp200. Nice team. I agree with all the comments above. First of all, I have no idea why you are running a Modest Arceus-Water. If I were you, I will run Defensive Arceus-Water to check Primal Groudon. Change Celesteela to Magearna because you are very weak to Specs Yveltal and Life Orb Yveltal. Change your Yveltal to Scarf Set. Specs or Grassium-Z are the best items on Reshiram. Run Stealth Rock + Swords Dance set on Primal Groudon to Break Stalls. Here are my Changes of your team.

Sets :

- Draco Meteor

Ho-Oh @ Heat Rock
Jolly Nature
- Sunny Day
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Recover

Groudon @ Red Orb
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Foul Play
- Oblivion Wing
- Heat Wave / Dark Pulse

Bold Nature
- Ice Beam / Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog

Magearna @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Heart Swap
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Pain Split

First of all, I changed your Physically Defensive Celesteela to Specially Defensive Magearna because your team is Very weak to Specs / Life Orb Yveltal. Magearna can also check threats like Xerneas, Arceus-Dark, Arceus-Fairy. The Defensive EV Investment on Arceus-Water is to take hits from Primal Groudon and cripple it by Toxic. Arceus-Water can check Mega Salamence and Rayquaza by Ice Beam and can Remove Hazards by Defog which is very important to save both Ho-Oh and Reshiram. Yveltal with Scarf and EV Bulk 32 HP / 4 Defense is to take an Extreme Speed from Normal Arceus and hit them back by Foul Play. It also Kills Arceus-Ghost formes. Scarf Yveltal is a great Revenge killer in the Ubers MetaGame. Primal Groudon has Jolly nature with SpD and HP invested bulk which helps it to kill Primal Kyogre. Stealth Rock + Swords Dance is a nice combo because you can be a Wallbreaker by Swords Dance and can Set up Stealth Rock at the Same time. No changes in your Ho-Oh set. And Finally, I got something for your Reshiram Set. Use Specs or Grassium-Z on Reshiram. Nature is your option and then it Hits like a truck and also acts as your Second Wallbreaker after Primal Groudon.

Thanks for the rate! I've partially adapted the Arceus-Water set to my team (meaning the nature). I'm not changing Celesteela because without it I am easy prey to Ekiller. I also don't understand why I'm so weak to Yveltel, as I have no Dark-weak Pokemon. Yveltal is staying with Life Orb because I need it to be able to switch moves so it's less of Xerneas bait and so I can use it as an anti-lead. I may change the Primal Groudon set; I'm testing it now.

As for Reshiram:

I like it, but after testing, I found that I liked Scarf Reshiram more, as without the Choice Scarf it is too easily checked by faster Pokemon which would otherwise fall easily to Blue Flare, and with a Choice Scarf it reliably checks Mega Lucario as long as it doesn't switch into Close Combat.
Seeing as the Grassium-Z set would be played similarly, it can also be explained by this quote.

Last edited:
Thanks for the rate! I've partially adapted the Arceus-Water set to my team (meaning the nature). I'm not changing Celesteela because without it I am easy prey to Ekiller. I also don't understand why I'm so weak to Yveltel, as I have no Dark-weak Pokemon. Yveltal is staying with Life Orb because I need it to be able to switch moves so it's less of Xerneas bait and so I can use it as an anti-lead. I may change the Primal Groudon set; I'm testing it now.

As for Reshiram:

Seeing as the Grassium-Z set would be played similarly, it can also be explained by this quote.
Hey, user Zrp200. You're not weak to Ekiller because I Suggested you Scarf Yveltal with Foul Play. But If you need a Solid for Extreme Killer then try a Defensive Yveltal with Charti Berry, Then you can check Both Ekiller and Lunala as well as a Surprise check for Double Dance Pdons. But then you'll lack a Revenge killer but it is up to you. Good luck with the team!

Sets :

- Draco Meteor

Ho-Oh @ Heat Rock
Jolly Nature
- Sunny Day
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Recover

Groudon @ Red Orb
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Foul Play
- Oblivion Wing
- Heat Wave / Dark Pulse

Bold Nature
- Ice Beam / Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog

Magearna @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Heart Swap
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Pain Split

As for Reshiram:

I like it, but after testing, I found that I liked Scarf Reshiram more, as without the Choice Scarf it is too easily checked by faster Pokemon which would otherwise fall easily to Blue Flare, and with a Choice Scarf it reliably checks Mega Lucario as long as it doesn't switch into Close Combat.
Hey, user Zrp200. You're not weak to Ekiller because I Suggested you Scarf Yveltal with Foul Play. But If you need a Solid for Extreme Killer then try a Defensive Yveltal with Charti Berry, Then you can check Both Ekiller and Lunala as well as a Surprise check for Double Dance Pdons. But then you'll lack a Revenge killer but it is up to you. Good luck with the team!
So... I tested it out.

Pros:
  • Xerneas is not even close to a problem
    • I don't have to run Roar on Primal Groudon, freeing up a slot for Swords Dance or Hone Claws
  • Yveltal is slightly less of a problem (it wasn't that bad in the first place)
Cons:
  • HUGE Ground weakness, as in more than half of my team is weak to it
    • Primal Groudon is way more threatening, and it is way more common than Xerneas will ever be
  • Less momentum (something I'd really like to have)
To me, it really isn't worth it. The team worked fine before, so I'm leaving the original intact. If I'm missing anything regarding this change, please enlighten me.
I'm grateful you took the time to suggest improvements to my team.

Last edited:
Bumping. At this point, I've addressed as many of Minority's concerns regarding my team as I can. If I haven't fixed something, it is probably because I don't know what to do about it.

• Overview
    • Clarified purpose of team
    • Gave an indication of how high I've laddered with the team
  • Teambuilding
    • Gave reasons why I didn't use Groudon over Ho-Oh
  • Team
    • Reshiram
      • Stated that it is my Mega Lucario check
      • Added what Choice Scarf does for Reshiram and why that is important
      • Gave a little more detail on Blue Flare
      • Gave Draco Meteor more than a passing mention
    • Ho-Oh
      • Added what Heat Rock does for Reshiram
      • Added what 252 Speed EVs do for Ho-Oh and Reshiram
      • Elaborated a little more on how the sun helps Ho-Oh defensively
    • Primal Groudon
      • Added why Roar is being run over Dragon Tail
    • Arceus
      • Changed Arceus-Water to Arceus-Dragon

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)