SM OU Standard Cool Bulky Offense

Ok so my brother asked me to make the best team I could make. After thinking about it for a while, this came to be what I think is the best team I can make. It might show that I am an actually amazing teambuilder or that I'm horribly trash at teambuilding. Either way, it would be nice for feedback. Here is the team:

View attachment 82660 View attachment 82661 View attachment 82662 View attachment 82663 View attachment 82664 View attachment 82724
Teambuilding
So when I started off the team, I knew right away I wanted landorus. This thing is just so good blah blah blah I don't need to explain it. After lando, I decided I wanted to use zygarde. Zygarde is amazing this gen and I don't use it a lot so being an amazing pokemon I wanted to try it. I decided to use choice band zygarde because later on in the building process I realized I needed some wallbreaking. Also I find dd coil zygarde very hard to set up most games so I just like choice band more. So afterwards, I decided to put jirachi. I LOVE jirachi. I went with jirachi because my team so far had two four times weaknesses to ice, and jirachi of course resists ice. Jirachi is my favorite thing on bulky offense besides landorus, because it is just so helpful. This is a scarf set, but even offensive it is still good defensively. It also can always steal you the game because of serene grace. I wanted to use tapu koko after that because I felt like tapu koko or greninja would work really well with the team and greninja is most likely getting banned soon so i wanted to use this so that i can use it after greninjas ban. It is also a good check to greninja too and can clean up late game. It also has the ability to shut down stall with taunt so it was really nice for this team. It also provides momentum with volt switch. Afterwards I decided to go with rotom. This is not used very much this gen, unlike ORAS where it was everywhere, and I don't really know why. It was really good for this team because it is another ice resist, a landorus counter if it isn't rockium z, and it gets momentum with volt switch. I really like using this mon even this generation and it can be such a pain in the ass for other teams to deal with. And finally I went with tangrowth. Even though this gives me another weakness to ice, this thing is SO GODDAMN TANKY. It really just eats up every hit. It is also very good for switching into zygarde which my team is weak to. Originally this slot was a magearna as it was an ice resist and could provide a wincon but I decided that tangrowth works better.

Sets
View attachment 82660
Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

This is the lando set that I always use. 252 hp 196 def impish with intimidate and helmet allows me to completely wall most physical attackers. The moves are pretty standard. Special defense just for extra bulk. Nothing special about this at all.

View attachment 82661
Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Stone Edge

Zygarde here is the star of the team. Thousand arrows is the most broken move in all of pokemon ever. I am running speed and hp so I can get some nice outspeeds as well as being bulky. Extreme speed is really nice for priority in the late game to pick things off. Stone edge is to ohko charizard Ys that can be pretty problematic for this team. Again, like the rest of this team, this is a decently standard set.

View attachment 82662

Perfect (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- Fire Punch

My favorite thing to use on bulky offense, jirachi. Fire punch is here to help against mega scizor which would otherwise pretty much wall this entire team. The rest is standard and really this jirachi is great for the team offensively and defensively.

View attachment 82663

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tapu koko here is so good. Unless the other team has a chansey, switching into this mon is realllllllly hard. I love the electric coverage along with the hidden power ice for zygarde and landorus. This is just a great pokemon that doesn't need explanation.

View attachment 82664

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

This is just good defensively bla bla bla will o wisp checks lando bla bla bla.

View attachment 82724
Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

THIS BITCH EATS EVERY SINGLE HIT EVER. It really is so good and can be trusted to switch in to every single move ever. Assault vest tangrowth is my favorite because it has insanely good special defense with the assault vest+base 110 hp. It is still incredibly physically bulky too with the great base phys def and hp. I think tangrowth is honestly one of the absolute best pokemon right now.

Here is the pastebin: https://pastebin.com/DMzt5RAS

Improvements for the team would be appreciated.

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hi, cool team. I wish the formatting of the RMT was a little cleaner, but that doesn't matter much.

Moveset changes --

- The only special defense investment that Landorus needs is 28 to live a Latios Draco Meteor. Just try out this spread to also outspeed Adamant Tyranitar and below (248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe).

- Your team lacks a clear win condition, so I believe that running Dragon Dance Zygarde would benefit you a lot more. The VoltTurn core on your team helps Zygarde safely switch in and begin setting up.

- You're always going to be running Healing Wish on Choice Scarf Jirachi. You should replace Heart Stamp, as from what I can see, Mega Scizor is slightly more threatening than some fighting types. Healing Wish also brings Zygarde back for another set up opportunity.

- If you're going to be using Taunt, consider U-Turn > Volt Switch. You'll still gain momentum over electric immune Pokemon like Hippowdon and Alolan Marowak.

- Because you're Assault Vest Tangrowth, running a full on Special Defensive set isn't needed. You didn't explain what a specially defensive spread accomplished at all, but we need stuff like that to properly rate teams. Try an EV spread of 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD instead to better check Landorus, while still living a Latios Draco Meteor from full.

- You have two checks to Landorus, Garchomp, etc., so Hidden Power Fire will be a lot better in weakening Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn for your Zygarde.

___

Team changes --

Your team is extremely weak to Volcarona. I would try Choice Scarf Keldeo over Jirachi to revenge kill with Stone Edge. This makes your Latios match-up slightly more difficult, so I would now consider Stealth Rock Jirachi > Tangrowth. You can use Healing Wish to heal Zygarde back, and your matchup against the likes of Tapu Lele, Latios and psychic types in general becomes a lot better. Now, consider Physically Defensive Tangrowth over Landorus-Therian, losing one ground immune but heavily easing the Tapu Bulu matchup.

___

[Team after changes]

Tell me what you think of the rate, hope I helped!

Hi, cool team. I wish the formatting of the RMT was a little cleaner, but that doesn't matter much.

Moveset changes --

- The only special defense investment that Landorus needs is 28 to live a Latios Draco Meteor. Just try out this spread to also outspeed Adamant Tyranitar and below (248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe).

- Your team lacks a clear win condition, so I believe that running Dragon Dance Zygarde would benefit you a lot more. The VoltTurn core on your team helps Zygarde safely switch in and begin setting up.

- You're always going to be running Healing Wish on Choice Scarf Jirachi. You should replace Heart Stamp, as from what I can see, Mega Scizor is slightly more threatening than some fighting types. Healing Wish also brings Zygarde back for another set up opportunity.

- If you're going to be using Taunt, consider U-Turn > Volt Switch. You'll still gain momentum over electric immune Pokemon like Hippowdon and Alolan Marowak.

- Because you're Assault Vest Tangrowth, running a full on Special Defensive set isn't needed. You didn't explain what a specially defensive spread accomplished at all, but we need stuff like that to properly rate teams. Try an EV spread of 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD instead to better check Landorus, while still living a Latios Draco Meteor from full.

- You have two checks to Landorus, Garchomp, etc., so Hidden Power Fire will be a lot better in weakening Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn for your Zygarde.

___

Team changes --

Your team is extremely weak to Volcarona. I would try Choice Scarf Keldeo over Jirachi to revenge kill with Stone Edge. This makes your Latios match-up slightly more difficult, so I would now consider Stealth Rock Jirachi > Tangrowth. You can use Healing Wish to heal Zygarde back, and your matchup against the likes of Tapu Lele, Latios and psychic types in general becomes a lot better. Now, consider Physically Defensive Tangrowth over Landorus-Therian, losing one ground immune but heavily easing the Tapu Bulu matchup.

___

[Team after changes]

Tell me what you think of the rate, hope I helped!
thanks for the help. ill try the suggestions and see if i like them. also spdf rotom is goo dto help against greninja

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)