[WIN] Assault on Mt. Coronet, Gunship Battle (Hard) - Dogfish44 and Maxim

Round 8

Before J's artillery can fire a single shot, the team's cannoneers deliver the decisive blow, causing critical damage to the hull of the vessel and causing the latter to lose height at an alarming pace! Despite being visibly angered about it, J has no choice but to back off with her own ship. Lt. Surge dismisses her and her allies with a parting shot:

Lt. Surge: Don't say I didn't warn ya, scoundrels! Onwards, brothers and sisters!

[
CONSUMED] |Spe 114| HP 48/Energy 29 [ALLY] (
13a, Rend for 3 more actions)
HP 110 / Atk 6 (16) / Def 3 / SpA 2 / SpD 5 / Spe 114 | SC 3 / WC 2
Abilities: Regerator, Mold Breaker, Liquid Ooze, Magic Guard | Glyph of Skill Swap

[
1] |Spe 110| HP 100/Energy 53 [ALLY] (
13a)
HP 100 / Atk 2 / Def 3 / SpA 4 / SpD 3 / Spe 110 | SC 3 / WC 3
Abilities: Snow Cloak, Cursed Body | Glyph of Icy Wind

[
CONSUMED] |Spe 121| HP 35/Energy 11 [ALLY, GUNNER SEAT] (
13a)
HP 100 / Atk 5 (7) / Def 2 / SpA 5 / SpD 3 / Spe 121 | SC 3 / WC 4
Abilities: Compoundeyes, Mountaineer, Technician | Glyph of Ice Shard

[
CONSUMED] |Spe 130| HP 93/Energy 50 [ALLY] (
13a)
HP 100 / Atk 1 / Def 3 / SpA 6 / SpD 3 / Spe 130 | SC 2 / WC 3
Abilities: Levitate, Technician, Mold Breaker | Glyph of Ancient Power

[
CONSUMED] |Spe 58| HP 97/Energy 25 [ALLY, GUNNER SEAT] (
13a, Burned)
HP 120 / Atk 2 / Def 3 / SpA 5 / SpD 3 / Spe 58 | SC 5 / WC 6
Abilities: Refrigerate, Snow Warning | Glyph of Reflect

[
CONSUMED] |Spe 150| HP 31/Energy 58 [ALLY] (
13a, Magnetic Field [30 HP] for 2 more actions)
HP 100 / Atk 6 (16) / Def 3 / SpA 2 / SpD 3 / Spe 150 | SC 4 / WC 4
Abilities: Rock Head, Pressure, Unnerve, Tough Claws | Glyph of Rock Slide

HP 86/100 [86% HP]
HP 626/1500 [42% HP]
HP 0/1500 [0% HP]
Gravity: expired

(1) HP 72/120 [0% HP]
(2) HP 87/120 [73% HP]
(3) HP 72/120 [0% HP]
(4) HP 105/120 [88% HP]
(1) HP 220/220 [100% HP]
(2) HP 220/220 [100% HP]
HP 1500/1500
Gravity: 1 round left

Chill: Restores 12 energy
Raichu chilled out!
Artillery Blast (Forretress1): (30 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 3 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] - 1 [Overcoat]) * 2.25 = 74 damage, 20 energy
Artillery Blast (Forretress2): (30 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 3 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] - 1 [Overcoat]) * 2.25 = 74 damage
Artillery Blast (Enemy Gunship): (30 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 6 [Stat Dif]) * 1.5 * 3 = 176 damage
Rock Slide (Flarelm1): (8*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 13 [Stat Dif]) * 1.5 = 33 damage, 5 energy
Rock Slide (Flarelm2): (8*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 13 [Stat Dif]) * 1.5 = 33 damage
Rock Slide (Flarelm3): (8*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 13 [Stat Dif]) * 1.5 = 33 damage
Icy Wind (Flarelm1): 6*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 7 [Ephemeral Snowflake] = 15 damage, 4 energy
Icy Wind (Flarelm3): 6*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 7 [Ephemeral Snowflake] = 15 damage
Icy Wind (Flarelm4): 6*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 7 [Ephemeral Snowflake] = 15 damage
Artillery Blast (Forretress1): (30 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 3 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] - 1 [Overcoat]) * 2.25 = 74 damage, 20 energy
Artillery Blast (Forretress2): (30 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 3 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] - 1 [Overcoat]) * 2.25 = 74 damage
Artillery Blast (Enemy Gunship): (30 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 6 [Stat Dif]) * 1.5 * 3 = 176 damage
The enemy ship was destroyed!

Congratulations, Dogfish44 and Maxim, on your success!

Each trainer: 2 CC, 8 KOC (to be spent only on the Pokemon involved in the raid or as CC)
Each Pokemon: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 AC or 3 MC or (moves/15) CC
Glyph of Trump Card: If the user is not a Normal-type, causes Trump Card to turn into the user's type (if the user has more than a type, the user can choose which type everytime it uses the move).
Glyph of Work Up: Causes Work Up to also grant the user Adrenaline, increasing a random stat (excluding Evasion) by 2 stages at the end of each action for 6 actions
Ephemeral Snowflake: Raises the power of Ice-type moves by 7, and causes the holder to restore 2 energy at the end of every action. The holder can use Aurora Veil outside Hail, and increases the duration of Aurora Veil by 3 actions. Causes Aurora Veil to instantly heal 5 HP to its targets in addition to its other effects.
Badge of Light x2

Each of you also obtains 200 reputation points with Custodians of Time... or you would if you weren't Exalted already. You will be able to claim your rewards once the raid is over.

Last edited:
As the crew works hard to fix the ship's damage in short order, Lt. Surge draws a breath of relief and calls back his Raichu, inviting you to go back in the hold along with him. As soon as they see you, Latias and Latios hurry to heal up your own Pokemon with their magic.
"I could see what was going on from the portholes", Cynthia says, without hiding her own concern. "I am sorry I couldn't help"
"Hah, I'll be damned if me and these kids can't take care alone of a bunch of ruffians", the Vermillion City gym leader replies, while cleaning his blackglasses. "But this ought to have..."
A powerful thunder echoes in the distance, leaving everyone breathless.
"... What's it, now? A thunderstorm?"
"No". Latias shakes her head and looks towards the porthole. "I don't know what it is but... I sense an incredible power approaching. Something far more terrifying than..."
Before the Eon Pokemon could finish, a deep voice, like a thousand knives grinding over steel, rises above the thunders.

"Humans! Come out, and face your fate!"

At the same time, another deafening thunder booms in the air, followed by the ship violently shaking.
"We've been hit by a lightning!" A crew member just rushed down. "We're under attack!"
"Tsk". Lt. Surge puts back his glasses on. "Looks like we still gotta do some business out there. I'll hurry to the engines and try to intercept the lightnings, ya deal with whoever's messing with us!"
As you nod and run out, you realize the whole ship is now surrounded by black clouds, even if the sky was clear until a few minutes ago. You can barely see ahead, and even Mt. Coronet is merely a faint shadow beyond the clouds. You wonder where the voice came from... when suddenly, several lightning bolts crackle at once, bathing the whole area in a livid white light and revealing a figure amidst the storm.

"Looks like it was my own mistake, to go easy on you back on that island", the genie comments, as he stares in contempt on you and the rest of the ship. "But it's a mistake I won't make twice."
Several crew members hurry to help you, but a violent gust of wind suddenly surrounds the two of you, cutting you from the rest of the ship and leaving you alone near the edge, facing directly the powerful god.
"This time I won't leave you to be dealt with by Darkrai or some other miserable deity," the beast continues as it raises its hand, crackling with electricity. "I will wipe you off the face of this planet myself!"

Soundtrack
Thundurus: You face Thundurus, god of storms! You have sealed your doom!

HP 4000
Atk 8
Def 5
SpA 9
SpD 5
Spe 128 (+19% Acc)
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 4

Abilities: Prankster, Defiant

Heavy Rain: All Ground-type Pokemon are affected by Soak for the duration of the encounter

Weather: Rain
Restrictions: No external grass/water/rock, no seismic moves allowed, no Dig, no Dive
Affected moves: Low sunlight, Nature Power (Hurricane)

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Crucibelle: [Mega Evolve] Gravity ~ Head Smash (Thundurus)
Frosslass: Aurora Veil (Golem, Aerodactyl, Froslass) ~ Blizzard
Golem-A: Rock Tomb (Thundurus) ~ Stone Edge (Thundurus)
Greninja: Mud Sport ~ Scald (Thundurus)

(Sorry for the massive delay. Was finals week for me a while ago, and now it's Dogfish's turn to be put through the exam grinder. In apology, please have this flavor)

After one final barrage, our forces were finally able to force a retreat from the marauding gunship. We had a brief celebration, before the crew got to working on the repairs on the ship. As the crew worked hard to fix the ship's damage in short order, Lt. Surge made a sigh of relief and called back his Raichu, and invited us to go back in the hold along with him. Waiting for us there was Latios and Latias, who quickly got to work healing our own Pokemon.
Then the door opened. "I could see what was going on from the portholes", Cynthia said, her voice still imbued with concern. "I am sorry I couldn't help."
"Hah, I'll be damned if me and these kids can't take care alone of a bunch of ruffians", the Vermillion City gym leader replied, while cleaning his pair of blackglasses. "But this ought to have..."
Just then, a powerful thunder echoed in the distance. Most of us were left breathless, though I laughed and said "Come on, it's only a thunderstorm."
A second powerful strike quickly caught my attention however.
"No". Latias shook her head and looked towards the porthole. "I don't know what it is but... I sense an incredible power approaching. Something far more terrifying than..."
Before the Eon Pokemon could finish, a deep voice, like a thousand knives grinding over steel, rises above the thunders.

"Humans! Come out, and face your fate!"

At that point, yet another deafening thunder boomed in the air, followed by the ship violently shaking.
"We've been hit by a lightning!" A crew member just rushed down. "We're under attack!"
"Of course, because it can never just be natural phenomenon for once in my life." I grumbled.
"Tsk". Lt. Surge said, putting his glasses back on. "Looks like we still gotta do some business out there. I'll hurry to the engines and try to intercept the lightnings, ya deal with whoever's messing with us!"

We gave a quick nod, and ran outside. Despite the sky being clear only moments before, a monstrous mass of black clouds had now enveloped us. It was so thick that we could barely see ahead, it was hard to even see Mount Coronet, which left me concerned. Those concerns were soon overshadowed when suddenly, several lightning bolts crackled at once, bathing the whole area in a livid white light and revealing a figure amidst the storm.

Thundurus.

"Looks like it was my own mistake, to go easy on you back on that island", the genie commented, as he stared in contempt on us and the ship. "But it's a mistake I won't make twice."
Several crew members tried to rush in and help us, but a violent gust of wind suddenly surrounded the two of us, swiftly cutting us off from the rest of the ship. It seemed we were going to have to face down the genie alone.
"This time I won't leave you to be dealt with by Darkrai or some other miserable deity," the beast continued as it raised its hand, crackling with electricity. "I will wipe you off the face of this planet myself!"

Suddenly, a crack of lightning blasted towards me. Fortunately, Athena intercepted, but Thundurus sent another and another, making her flinch from the genie's brutality. A timely set of rocks from Jonah knocked the genie off balance, and we were able to get into battle positions.

"Gah, this guy means business! Everyone let's take him out!"

"Ugh...don't worry about me, I'll be fine."

"I believe this will be among the greatest challenges we have ever faced."

"Doesn't matter to me, we'll freeze him just the same!"

"Well look at the bright side, if they're putting this much effort into killing us, we must be on the right track."

Syclant: Focus Energy~Ice Punch (Thundurus)
Stratagem: Calm Mind~Paleo Wave (Thundurus)
Aurorus: Light Screen (Golem, Aerodactyl, Froslass)~Reflect [Glyph]
Aerodactyl: [Mega Evolve] Double-Edge (Thundurus)~Rock Slide (Thundurus)

Round 1

Korangir dives right into the foe, to buy his allies some time to set up. Thundurus pushes him back with extreme force, causing significant damage which is partially remedied by Nana's magic arts. The thunder god then turns its attention towards Einstein, who is safely shielded by several barriers. Thundurus slams the Golem with a powerful punch, before striking it with the might of thunders!

Thundurus: DIE!

Fortunately, Golem endures the blow surprisingly well, thanks both to the barriers and to the mud covering him and his allies. However, the relentless storm is still taking a toll on the raid, and Thundurus decides to make things harder by cursing the Crucibelle, the Froslass, and the Aurorus with unstable magic!

Thundurus: Your fragile bodies cannot weather the storm!

[
1] |Spe 114| HP 54/Energy 81 (Reflect for 5 more actions, Wild Force [Magic] for 3 more actions)
Abilities: Regerator, Mold Breaker, Liquid Ooze, Magic Guard | Glyph of Skill Swap

[
1] |Spe 110| HP 49/Energy 88 (Reflect for 5 more actions, Aurora Veil for 7 more actions, Light Screen for 4 more actions, Wild Force [Magic] for 3 more actions)
HP 100 / Atk 2 / Def 3 / SpA 4 / SpD 5 / Spe 110 | SC 3 / WC 3

[
1] |Spe 45| HP 42/Energy 91 (Reflect for 5 more actions, Aurora Veil for 7 more actions, Light Screen for 4 more actions, Thunderstruck for 3 more actions)
HP 100 / Atk 5 / Def 5 / SpA 1 / SpD 4 (7) / Spe 45 | SC 3 / WC 7
Abilities: Magnet Pull, Sturdy, Galvanize | Glyph of Extremespeed (Yellow)

[
1] |Spe 141| HP 49/Energy 90 (Reflect for 5 more actions, Protean [Water])
HP 100 / Atk 3 / Def 2 / SpA 4 (9) / SpD 3 / Spe 141 (+23% Acc) | SC 3 / WC 3
Abilities: Torrent, Protean | Glyph of Scald

[
1] |Spe 121| HP 49/Energy 83 (Reflect for 5 more actions, Focus Energy for 4 more actions)

[
1] |Spe 130| HP 49/Energy 87 (Reflect for 5 more actions, +1 Sp. Attack, +1 Sp. Defense)

[
1] |Spe 58| HP 59/Energy 80 (Reflect for 5 more actions, Wild Force [Magic] for 3 more actions)

[
1] |Spe 150| HP 43/Energy 87 (Reflect for 5 more actions, Aurora Veil for 7 more actions, Light Screen for 4 more actions)

HP 3677/4000 [92% HP | Spe 128], Burned (5a), Curse of Gygax (2a)
Gravity: 3 rounds left
Mud Sport: 4 actions left

Aerodactyl evolved into Mega Aerodactyl
Crucibelle evolved into Mega Crucibelle!
Syclant has Mountaineer!

Crit (1-1250): 8591/10000
Double-edge (Thundurus): 13 [BP] + 11.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Tough Claws] = 28 damage, 8 energy
Curse of Gygax: Increases the power of Ice-, Normal-, Rock-, and Steel-type attacks against Thundurus by 3 for 3 actions
Mud Sport: Mud Sport for 6 actions, 5 energy
Calm Mind: +1 Sp. Attack, +1 Sp. Defense, 7 energy

Crit (1-625): 7868/10000
Superpower (Aerodactyl): 12 [BP] + 6.5 [Stat Dif] = 19 damage
Focus Energy: Focus Energy for 6 actions, 12 energy
Gravity: Gravity for 4 rounds, 10 energy
Aurora Veil: Froslass, Golem, and Aerodactyl are protected against physical and special attacks for 9 actions, 9 energy
Aurora Veil: Aerodactyl restores 5 HP
Light Screen: Froslass, Golem, and Aerodactyl are protected against special attacks for 6 actions, 10 energy

Crit (1-625): 2465/10000
Rock Tomb (Thundurus): (6 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 7 [Granite Defender] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 = 29 damage, 3 energy

Mud Sport for 5 more actions
Ephemeral Snowflake: Froslass restored 2 energy
Storm Nova: Reduces the current HP of all enemies by 30% (rounded up)
--------------------------------------------------------------
Crit (1-1250): 8013/10000
Rock Slide (Thundurus): (8+1 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 11.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 = 40 damage, 5 energy
Protean: Greninja turned into the Water-type!

Crit (1-625): 6986/10000
Scald (Thundurus): 8 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 4.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Rain] = 19 damage, Thundurus is burned, 5 energy

Crit (1-625): 6578/10000
Clearcasting (1-2000): 6815/10000

Paleo Wave (Thundurus): (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 8 [Titanforged Signet] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 + 2 [Stage Dif] = 39 damage, 6 energy

Crit (1-625): 3929/10000
Hammer Arm (Golem): (10*0.67 [BP] + 3.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] - 2 [Solid Rock] - 3 [Burn]) * 1.5 = 6 damage, the barriers are shattered

Crit (1-625): 1707/10000
Storm Strike (Golem): (12*0.67 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 3.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] - 3 [Burn]) * 0.67 * 0.75 = 5 damage, Golem is affected with Thunderstruck for 4 actions
Thunderstruck: Increases damage taken from Electric-type attacks by +100%, and healing taken by +200%
Ice Punch (Thundurus, Critical Hit): (8 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 2.5 [Stat Dif] + 7 [Icicle Edge] + 1 [Threshold] + 3 [Curse of Gygax] + 3 [Crit]) * 1.5 = 41 damage, 5 energy

Crit (1-1250): 20/10000
Head Smash (Thundurus, Critical Hit): (14 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 11.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Curse of Gygax] + 3 [Crit]) * 1.5 = 52 damage, 9 energy
Curse of Gygax: Increases the power of Ice-, Normal-, Rock-, and Steel-type attacks against Thundurus by 3 for 3 actions

Crit (1-625): 41/10000
Blizzard (Thundurus, Critical Hit): (11 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 7 [Ephemeral Snowflake] + 3 [Curse of Gygax] + 3 [Crit]) * 1.5 = 38 damage, 7 energy
Reflect: The entire team is protected against physical attacks for 9 actions, 10 energy

Crit (1-1250): 5362/10000
Stone Edge (Thundurus): (10 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 7 [Granite Defender] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 = 35 damage, 6 energy

Mud Sport for 4 more actions
Gravity for 3 more rounds
Thundurus suffers 2 damage from the burn

Targets: 2/7, 1/6, 4/5
Wild Force [Magic] (Crucibelle, Froslass, Aurorus): The affected Pokemon suffer 25% recoil with any attacking move they use (this is in addition to any recoil such moves may already have). Rock Head and Magic Guard Pokemon do not take recoil damage from this special. Pokemon with Reckless get the boost from this ability while under the effects of this special. This effect lasts for 3 actions.
Aggro threshold: 121

Dogfish44 Maxim

Last edited:

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
"Just keep swimming..."

Cruciblle: Stone Edge (Thundurus) ~ Head Smash (Thundurus)
Froslass: Dispel (Aurorus) ~ Blizzard
Greninja: Shadow Mend (Golem-A) ~ Blizzard (Thundurus)

Thundurus quickly proved what an adversary he was! A strange sort of...static electricity for lack of a better word filled the air, draining us of our stamina quite quickly, and even I was starting to get quite close to fainting. Despite our best efforts at defense and offense, he was able damage our Pokemon for half their life totals. I heard what sounded like some attempts by Latias and Latios to come to our aid, but even they were powerless to penetrate the powerful winds Thundurus had summoned. I was already starting to lose hope, but then Athena got up and stood defiantly.

"This is the end for you!"

Syclant: Bloodlust~Icicle Spear (Thundurus)
Stratagem: Comet (Thundurus)~Paleo Wave (Thundurus)
Aurorus: Dispel (Froslass)~Hyper Voice (Thundurus)
Aerodactyl: Stone Edge (Thundurus)~Rock Slide (Thundurus)

Round 2

Shielded by several barriers, Einstein takes a pittance from Thundurus's strikes. However, not even these barriers can stop the thunder god's crackling aura from quickly wearing down the whole team. Still, this does not stop the squad from going to the offense relatively unscathed, until...

Stratagem is overloaded with electricity!

[
1] |Spe 114| HP 27/Energy 66 (
2a,
18a, Reflect for 3 more actions)

[
1] |Spe 110| HP 25/Energy 78 (
2a,
18a, Reflect for 3 more actions, Aurora Veil for 5 more actions, Light Screen for 2 more actions)

[
1] |Spe 45| HP 42/Energy 82 (
2a,
18a, Reflect for 3 more actions, Aurora Veil for 5 more actions, Light Screen for 2 more actions, -1 Sp. Defense, Thunderstruck for 2 more actions)

[
1] |Spe 141| HP 25/Energy 69 (
2a,
18a, Reflect for 3 more actions, Protean [Ice])

[
1] |Spe 121| HP 25/Energy 60 (
2a,
18a, Reflect for 3 more actions, Focus Energy for 2 more actions)

[
1] |Spe 130| HP 25/Energy 74 (
2a,
18a, Reflect for 3 more actions, Overload for 2 more actions)

[
1] |Spe 58| HP 30/Energy 67 (
2a,
18a, Reflect for 3 more actions)

[
1] |Spe 150| HP 22/Energy 74 (
2a,
18a, Reflect for 3 more actions, Aurora Veil for 5 more actions, Light Screen for 2 more actions)

HP 2995/4000 [75% HP | Spe 128], Burned (3a), Curse of Gygax (2a)
Gravity: 2 rounds left
Mud Sport: 2 actions left

Crit (1-5000): 804/10000
Stone Edge (Thundurus, Critical Hit): (10 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 11.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Curse of Gygax] + 3 [Crit]) * 1.5 = 46 damage, 6 energy
Shadow Mend (Golem): 58 HP restored, 14 energy

Crit (1-625): 9755/10000
SpA boost (1-2000): 3223/10000

Comet (Thundurus): (11 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 8 [Titanforged Signet] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 + 2 [Stage Dif] = 42 damage, 7 energy

Crit (1-625): 2800/10000
SpD drop (1-1000): 5698/10000

Psychic (Golem): 13*0.67*0.67 [BP] + 2 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] = 7 damage
Bloodlust: The damage of raid members is increased by 50% for 4 actions and raid members are Sated for 20 actions, 15 energy

Crit (1-5000): 1070/10000
Stone Edge (Thundurus, Critical Hit): (10 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 11.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Curse of Gygax] + 3 [Crit]) * 1.5 * 1.5 = 69 damage, 6 energy
Dispel (Aurorus): Aurorus is dispelled, 7 energy
Dispel (Froslass): Froslass is dispelled, 7 energy

Crit (1-625): 4420/10000
Rock Tomb (Thundurus): (6 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 7 [Granite Defender] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 * 1.5 = 43 damage, 3 energy

Mud Sport for 3 more actions
Crit (1-1250): 5925/10000
Rock Slide (Thundurus): (8+1 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 11.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 * 1.5 = 60 damage, 5 energy
Protean: Greninja turned into the Ice-type!

Crit (1-625): 6986/10000
Blizzard (Thundurus): (11 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 4.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 * 1.5 = 48 damage, 7 energy

Crit (1-625): 9205/10000
Clearcasting (1-2000): 2510/10000

Paleo Wave (Thundurus): ((9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 8 [Titanforged Signet] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 + 2 [Stage Dif]) * 1.5 = 58 damage, 6 energy

Crit (1-625): 8299/10000
SpD drop (1-1000): 6/10000

Focus Blast (Golem): (12*0.67*0.67 [BP] + 2 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] - 2 [Solid Rock]) * 1.5 = 6 damage, -1 Sp. Defense

Number of hits (1-3334, 3335-6667, 6668-10000): 5555/10000
Icicle Spear (Thundurus, 4 Critical Hits): (4*4 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 2.5 [Stat Dif] + 7 [Icicle Edge] + 2 [Threshold] + 3 [Curse of Gygax] + 4 [Crit]) * 1.5 * 1.5 = 84 damage, 8 energy

Crit (1-1250): 2308/10000
Head Smash (Thundurus): (14 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 11.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 * 1.5 = 71 damage, 9 energy

Crit (1-625): 8530/10000
Blizzard (Thundurus): (11 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 7 [Ephemeral Snowflake] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 * 1.5 = 51 damage, 7 energy

Crit (1-625): 8147/10000
Hyper Voice (Thundurus): (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 2 [Refrigerate] + 7 [Scythe of Northern Storms] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 * 1.5 = 54 damage, 6 energy

Crit (1-1250): 4038/10000
Stone Edge (Thundurus): (10 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 7 [Granite Defender] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 * 1.5 = 52 damage, 6 energy

Mud Sport for 2 more actions
Gravity for 2 more rounds

Targets: 5/7
Overload (Stratagem): The affected Pokemon causes +300% damage and cause no threat, but also suffers 18 damage at the end of every action. Lasts for 2 actions
Aggro threshold: 301

Dogfish44 Maxim

Last edited:
Athena's war cry whipped our Pokemon into a frenzy, dealing visible damage to Thundurus. Despite this though, our team was taking even more damage from the static aura, and some of our Pokemon were on their last legs. Suddenly, out of the storm came a huge lightning bolt that struck Origin. I figured that he was a goner, but then...

"You shall fall, just like all the rest!"

Syclant:
Freeze Shock [Icicle Edge] (Thundurus)~ Icicle Spear (Thundurus)
Stratagem: Comet (Thundurus) ~ Comet (Thundurus)
Aurorus: Blizzard (Thundurus) ~ Hyper Voice (Thundurus)
Aerodactyl: Stone Edge (Thundurus) ~ Rock Slide (Thundurus)

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
"Owww.... I despise static shocks. Wait, is that why..."
~Electric Gym Leader, 2017

Cruciblle: Stone Edge (Thundurus) ~ Head Smash (Thundurus)
Froslass: Shadow Mend (Golem-A) ~ Blizzard
Greninja: Ice Beam (Thundurus) ~ Shadow Mend (Stratagem)

Round 3

While Nana tends to Einstein's wounds, the rest of the team keeps blasting away, with Origin delivering the biggest blow. Thundurus however takes the beating in stride and pays back with an orb of pure force, before closing in and striking the Golem with thunderous vigor!

Thundurus: KNEEL!

Einstein however barely shakes, and retaliates with sharpened stone. The previously confident thunder god now begins to look a bit more agitated, but he looks far from willing to concede!

Thundurus: Hah! Miserable gnats... let us see how you fare, against lightning!

Suddenly, his magic sweeps the shipdeck, electrifying the wooden floor! Then, the god turns his attention towards some of the Golem's allies and cripples them with crackling electricity!

[
1] |Spe 114| HP 14/Energy 51 (
16a, Reflect for 1 more action, Wild Force [Magic] for 3 more actions)

[
1] |Spe 110| HP 13/Energy 62 (
16a, Reflect for 1 more action, Aurora Veil for 3 more actions, Wild Force [Magic] for 3 more actions)

[
1] |Spe 45| HP 38/Energy 73 (
16a, Reflect for 1 more action, Aurora Veil for 3 more actions, Thunderstruck for 3 more actions)

[
1] |Spe 141| HP 13/Energy 49 (
16a, Reflect for 1 more action, Protean [Ice])

[
1] |Spe 121| HP 13/Energy 52 (
16a, Reflect for 1 more action, Wild Force [Magic] for 3 more actions)

[
1] |Spe 130| HP 5/Energy 56 (
16a, Reflect for 1 more action, +1 Sp. Attack)

[
1] |Spe 58| HP 15/Energy 54 (
16a, Reflect for 1 more action)

[
1] |Spe 150| HP 12/Energy 63 (
16a, Reflect for 1 more action, Aurora Veil for 3 more actions)

HP 1783/4000 [45% HP | Spe 128], Burned (1a), Curse of Gygax (2a)
Magnetic Terrain (infinite)
Gravity: 1 round left
Mud Sport: expired

Syclant is cloaked in a freezing light!

Crit (1-5000): 181/10000
Stone Edge (Thundurus, Critical Hit): (10 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 11.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Curse of Gygax] + 3 [Crit]) * 1.5 * 1.5 = 69 damage, 6 energy

Crit (1-625): 5318/10000
Ice Beam (Thundurus): (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 4.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 * 1.5 = 44 damage, 6 energy

Crit (1-625): 2598/10000
SpA boost (1-2000): 309/10000

Comet (Thundurus): (11 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 8 [Titanforged Signet] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 * 1.5 * 4 = 239 damage, +1 Sp. Attack, 7 energy

Crit (1-625): 9440/10000
SpD drop (1-1000): 4818/10000

Psychic (Golem): 13*0.67*0.67 [BP] + 2 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 2 [Stage Dif] = 9 damage

Crit (1-5000): 9195/10000
Stone Edge (Thundurus, Critical Hit): (10 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 11.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 * 1.5 = 62 damage, 6 energy
Shadow Mend (Golem): 60 HP restored, 13 energy

Crit (1-625): 5959/10000
Blizzard (Thundurus): (11 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 7 [Scythe of Northern Storms] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 * 1.5 = 54 damage, 7 energy

Crit (1-625): 2291/10000
Rock Tomb (Thundurus): (6 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 7 [Granite Defender] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 * 1.5 = 43 damage, 3 energy
Freeze Shock (Thundurus, Critical Hit): (14 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 2.5 [Stat Dif] + 7 [Icicle Edge] + 2 [Threshold] + 3 [Curse of Gygax] + 3 [Crit]) * 1.5 * 1.5 = 73 damage, 0 energy

Mud Sport for 1 more action
Overload: Stratagem suffers 18 damage
Crit (1-1250): 8269/10000
Rock Slide (Thundurus): (8+1 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 11.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 * 1.5 = 60 damage, 5 energy
Shadow Mend (Stratagem): 20 HP restored, 14 energy

Crit (1-625): 6792/10000
SpA boost (1-2000): 6939/10000

Comet (Thundurus): ((11 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 8 [Titanforged Signet] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 + 2 [Stage Dif]) * 1.5 * 4 = 245 damage, 7+4 energy

Crit (1-625): 6160/10000
SpD drop (1-1000): 8163/10000

Focus Blast (Golem): (12*0.67*0.67 [BP] + 2 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] - 2 [Solid Rock]) * 1.5 + 2 [Stage Dif] = 8 damage

Crit (1-625): 1265/10000
Storm Strike (Golem): (12*0.67 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 3.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] - 3 [Burn]) * 0.67 * 0.75 = 5 damage, Golem is affected with Thunderstruck for 4 actions
Thunderstruck: Increases damage taken from Electric-type attacks by +100%, and healing taken by +200%

Number of hits (1-3334, 3335-6667, 6668-10000): 6119/10000
Icicle Spear (Thundurus, 4 Critical Hits): (4*4 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 2.5 [Stat Dif] + 7 [Icicle Edge] + 2 [Threshold] + 3 [Curse of Gygax] + 4 [Crit]) * 1.5 * 1.5 = 84 damage, 8 energy

Crit (1-1250): 784/10000
Head Smash (Thundurus, Critical Hit): (14 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 11.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Curse of Gygax] + 3 [Crit]) * 1.5 * 1.5 = 78 damage, 9 energy

Crit (1-625): 9084/10000
Blizzard (Thundurus): (11 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 7 [Ephemeral Snowflake] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 * 1.5 = 51 damage, 7 energy

Crit (1-625): 5352/10000
Hyper Voice (Thundurus): (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 2 [Refrigerate] + 7 [Scythe of Northern Storms] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 * 1.5 = 54 damage, 6 energy

Crit (1-1250): 5562/10000
Stone Edge (Thundurus): (10 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 7 [Granite Defender] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 * 1.5 = 52 damage, 6 energy

Mud Sport expired
Gravity for 1 more rounds
Overload: Stratagem suffers 18 damage

Thundurus summons Magnetic Terrain (same effects as Electric Terrain and Gravity)! Lasts until the end of the battle

Targets: 1/7, 3/6, 1/5
Wild Force [Magic] (Crucibelle, Froslass, Syclant): The affected Pokemon suffer 25% recoil with any attacking move they use (this is in addition to any recoil such moves may already have). Rock Head and Magic Guard Pokemon do not take recoil damage from this special. Pokemon with Reckless get the boost from this ability while under the effects of this special. This effect lasts for 3 actions.
Aggro threshold: 480

Dogfish44 Maxim

Last edited:
Suddenly, Origin summoned a host of huge Comets that threw Thundurus for a loop. The rest of the team contributed too, and in a flash, the genie looked weakened. Still, he was far from down for the count, and started using even more magic to throw us off. Worse, our defensive maneuvers were starting to wear off.

"All right, on the defensive guys!"

"You...You pests! Your end is inevitable!"

Syclant: Ice Punch (Thundurus) ~ Icicle Spear (Thundurus)
Stratagem: Dispel (Syclant)~Paleo Wave (Thundurus)
Aurorus: Blizzard (Thundurus)~Hyper Voice (Thundurus)
Aerodactyl: Stone Edge (Thundurus)~ Rock Slide (Thundurus)

Last edited:

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
"Let's hope this works..."

Crucibelle: Stone Edge (Thundurus) ~ Head Smash (Thundurus)
Froslass: Shadow Mend (Golem-A) ~ Light Screen (Golem-A/Froslass/Greninja)
Greninja: Mud Sport ~ Scald (Thundurus)

Last edited:
Round 4

Nana, D3S Frog, and Elise break from the offense to renew the team's defenses, while Origin cleanses Athena to allow her to keep up the other team mates in the assault. Thundurus summons a powerful thunderbolt that reacts with the charged floor to damage Einstein more than expected, then sweeps in and smashes the Golem upside down. Seeing that his effort are being in vain and feeling the pain of the wounds catching up to him, however, Thundurus suddenly loses all his remaining cool:

Thundurus: You... are... NOTHING! I will NEVER lose to the likes of you!

In response to his raging boast, the floor all around you start crackling and sparking like a cloud before a thunderstorm! Even so, you can't help but notice that...

Aerodactyl is overloaded with electricity!

[
1] |Spe 114| HP 7/Energy 36 (
14a, Wild Force [Magic] for 1 more action)

[
1] |Spe 110| HP 11/Energy 44 (
14a, Aurora Veil for 1 more action, Light Screen for 4 more actions, Wild Force [Magic] for 1 more action)

[
1] |Spe 45| HP 56/Energy 64 (
14a, Aurora Veil for 1 more action, Light Screen for 4 more actions, Thunderstruck for 1 more action)

[
1] |Spe 141| HP 7/Energy 39 (
14a, Protean [Water])

[
1] |Spe 121| HP 7/Energy 39 (
14a)

[
1] |Spe 130| HP 7/Energy 43 (
14a, Aurora Veil for 7 more actions, Light Screen for 4 more actions)

[
1] |Spe 58| HP 8/Energy 38 (
14a)

[
1] |Spe 150| HP 7/Energy 52 (
14a, Aurora Veil for 1 more action, Overload for 2 more actions)

HP 1358/4000 [34% HP | Spe 128], Burned (5a), Curse of Gygax (2a)
Improved Magnetic Terrain (infinite)
Gravity: expired
Mud Sport: 4 actions left

Crit (1-5000): 6278/10000
Stone Edge (Thundurus, Critical Hit): (10 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 11.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 = 41 damage, 6 energy
Dispel (Syclant): Syclant is dispelled, 7 energy

Crit (1-625): 3973/10000
Thunder (Golem): (11*0.67 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 2 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 3 [Magnetic Terrain]) * 0.67 * 0.5 * 2 = 10 damage

Crit (1-625): 6610/10000
Ice Punch (Thundurus): (8 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 2.5 [Stat Dif] + 7 [Icicle Edge] + 2 [Threshold] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 = 38 damage, 5 energy

Crit (1-5000): 6466/10000
Stone Edge (Thundurus): (10 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 11.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 = 41 damage, 6 energy
Aurora Veil: Stratagem is protected against physical and special attacks for 9 actions, 9 energy
Aurora Veil: Froslass restores 8 HP
Aurora Veil: Golem restores 8 HP
Aurora Veil: Stratagem restores 8 HP
Light Screen: Froslass, Golem, and Stratagem are protected against special attacks for 6 actions, 10 energy

Crit (1-625): 7108/10000
Rock Tomb (Thundurus): (6 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 7 [Granite Defender] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 = 29 damage, 3 energy

Mud Sport for 5 more actions
Thundurus healed from burn

Crit (1-1250): 6069/10000
Rock Slide (Thundurus): (8+1 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 11.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 = 40 damage, 5 energy
Protean: Greninja turned into the Water-type!

Crit (1-625): 408/10000
Scald (Thundurus, Critical Hit): 8 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 4.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Torrent] + 3 [Rain] + 3 [Crit] = 25 damage, Thundurus is burned for 6 actions, 5 energy

Crit (1-625): 6128/10000
Clearcasting (1-2000): 8330/10000

Paleo Wave (Thundurus): (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 8 [Titanforged Signet] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 + 2 [Stage Dif] = 39 damage, 6 energy

Crit (1-625): 5093/10000
Hammer Arm (Golem): (10*0.67 [BP] + 3.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] - 2 [Solid Rock] - 3 [Burn]) * 1.5 = 6 damage

Number of hits (1-3334, 3335-6667, 6668-10000): 4985/10000
Crit 1 (1-625): 1495/10000
Crit 2 (1-625): 7572/10000
Crit 3 (1-625): 6609/10000
Crit 4 (1-625): 7184/10000

Icicle Spear (Thundurus): (4*4 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 2.5 [Stat Dif] + 7 [Icicle Edge] + 2 [Threshold] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 = 50 damage, 8 energy

Crit (1-1250): 9727/10000
Head Smash (Thundurus): (14 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 11.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 = 47 damage, 9 energy

Crit (1-625): 4835/10000
Hyper Voice (Thundurus): (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 2 [Refrigerate] + 7 [Scythe of Northern Storms] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 = 36 damage, 6 energy

Crit (1-1250): 3410/10000
Stone Edge (Thundurus): (10 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 7 [Granite Defender] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 = 35 damage, 6 energy

Mud Sport for 4 more actions
Gravity expired

Thundurus summons Improved Magnetic Terrain (same effects as Magnetic Terrain, and increases the BP of moves containing the word Thunder by +6; also, the chance of all moves capable of inflicting paralysis is doubled, and these moves can inflict Paralysis even through Safeguard and all abilities. Electric-types are still immune to paralysis)! Lasts until the end of the battle

Targets: 7/7
Overload (Aerodactyl): The affected Pokemon causes +300% damage and cause no threat, but also suffers 18 damage at the end of every action. Lasts for 2 actions
Aggro threshold: 601

Dogfish44 Maxim

Last edited:
Even on the defensive, we were beginning to crack Thundurus's defenses. "You... are... NOTHING! I will NEVER lose to the likes of you!" Thundurus bellowed, before summoning, you guessed it, even more lightning. The floor all around us started cracking like a storm, making me really nervous that I would be struck. However, the one who got struck was Korangir, but he glowed with energy. It seemed that somehow he had gained the same power as Origin, and was ready to take out his frustrations.

"Eh, too bad, we are something, and you will lose. Game over, sucks to be you."

Stratagem: Comet (Thundurus) ~ Paleo Wave (Thundurus)
Aerodactyl: Stone Edge (Thundurus) ~ Stone Edge (Thundurus)

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Burn should be for 5a

"Beginning stabilisation process..."

Crucibelle: Skill Swap (Aurorus' Snow Warning <--> Crucibelle's Mold Breaker | Crucibelle's Snow Warning <-> Stratagem's Levitate | Crucibelle's Liquid Ooze <-> Syclant's Mountaineer) ~ Head Smash (Thundurus)
Froslass: Shadow Mend (Golem-A) ~ Aurora Veil (Froslass / Greninja / Golem-A)
Golem-A: Rock Slide (Thundurus) ~ Stone Edge (Thundurus)
Greninja: Shadow Mend (Aerodactyl) ~ Shadow Mend (Aerodactyl)

Round 5

Powered by massive electricity, Korangir plows into Thundurus's defenses fearlessly, while D3S Frog does his best to keep the Aerodactyl ally alive. Meanwhile, the team keeps pushing without holding back - but with less barriers to hide behind, the Golem takes more punishment than expected from the godly foe. And as expected, Thundurus follows up with yet another thundering strike!

Thundurus: SUBMIT!

Einstein however does not yield, so the thunder god decides to cripple his team mates instead.

[
CONSUMED] |Spe 114| HP 7/Energy 32 (
12a, Body and Mind for 1 more action, Wild Force [Magic] for 3 more actions)
Abilities: Regerator, Mold Breaker Levitate, Liquid Ooze Mountaineer, Magic Guard | Glyph of Skill Swap

[
CONSUMED] |Spe 110| HP 12/Energy 46 (
12a, Aurora Veil for 8 more actions, Light Screen for 2 more actions, Wild Force [Magic] for 3 more actions)

[
1] |Spe 45| HP 35/Energy 53 (
12a, Aurora Veil for 8 more actions, Light Screen for 2 more actions, -1 Sp. Defense, Thunderstruck for 3 more actions)

[
CONSUMED] |Spe 141| HP 10/Energy 27 (
12a, Protean [Water], Aurora Veil for 8 more actions)

[
1] |Spe 121| HP 7/Energy 26 (
12a, Body and Mind for 1 more action)
Abilities: Compoundeyes, Mountaineer Liquid Ooze, Technician | Glyph of Ice Shard

[
1] |Spe 130| HP 7/Energy 30 (
12a, Aurora Veil for 5 more actions, Light Screen for 2 more actions, Body and Mind for 1 more action)
Abilities: Levitate Snow Warning, Technician, Mold Breaker | Glyph of Ancient Power

[
CONSUMED] |Spe 58| HP 8/Energy 45 (
12a, Body and Mind for 1 more action, Wild Force [Magic] for 3 more actions)
Abilities: Refrigerate, Snow Warning Mold Breaker | Glyph of Reflect

[
1] |Spe 150| HP 7/Energy 36 (
12a)

HP 673/4000 [17% HP | Spe 128], Burned (3a), Curse of Gygax (2a)
Mud Sport: 2 actions left

Crit (1-5000): 6036/10000
Stone Edge (Thundurus): (10 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 11.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 * 4 = 165 damage, 6 energy
Shadow Mend (Aerodactyl): 20 HP restored, 14 energy
Pumkin Berry: 20 energy restored. Consumed.

Crit (1-625): 9992/10000
SpA boost (1-2000): 3873/10000

Comet (Thundurus): (11 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 8 [Titanforged Signet] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 = 40 damage, 7 energy

Crit (1-625): 2541/10000
Thunder Shock (Golem): (4*0.67*0.67 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 2 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 3 [Magnetic Terrain] + 6 [Improved Magnetic Terrain]) * 0.67 * 0.5 * 2 = 10 damage

Crit (1-625): 773/10000
Ice Punch (Thundurus): (8 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 2.5 [Stat Dif] + 7 [Icicle Edge] + 2 [Threshold] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 = 38 damage, 5 energy
Skill Swap: Crucibelle's Mold Breaker was switched with Aurorus's Snow Warning, Crucibelle's Snow Warning was switched with Stratagem's Levitate, Crucibelle's Liquid Ooze was switched with Syclant's Mountaineer, 15 energy
Glyph of Skill Swap: Crucibelle, Aurorus, Stratagem, and Syclant gain Body and Mind, restoring 9 HP over 3 actions
Shadow Mend (Golem): 54 HP restored, 13 energy

Crit (1-625): 1278/10000
Blizzard (Thundurus): (11 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 7 [Scythe of Northern Storms] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 = 36 damage, 7 energy

Crit (1-625): 4474/10000
Rock Slide (Thundurus): (8 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 7 [Granite Defender] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 = 32 damage, 5 energy

Mud Sport for 3 more actions
Body and Mind: +3 HP
Overload: Aerodactyl suffers 18 damage
Crit (1-5000): 7065/10000
Stone Edge (Thundurus): (10 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 11.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 * 4 = 165 damage, 6+4 energy
Shadow Mend (Aerodactyl): 20 HP restored, 14+4 energy

Crit (1-625): 6601/10000
Clearcasting (1-2000): 8459/10000

Paleo Wave (Thundurus): (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 8 [Titanforged Signet] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 = 37 damage, 6 energy

Crit (1-625): 3225/10000
SpD drop (1-1000): 771/10000

Focus Blast (Golem): (12*0.67 [BP] + 2 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] - 2 [Solid Rock]) * 1.5 = 11 damage, -1 Sp. Defense

Crit (1-625): 3989/10000
Storm Strike (Golem): (12 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 3.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] - 3 [Burn] + 3 [Magnetic Terrain]) * 0.67 * 0.75 = 9 damage, Golem is affected with Thunderstruck for 4 actions

Number of hits (1-3334, 3335-6667, 6668-10000): 5157/10000
Crit 1 (1-625): 8294/10000
Crit 2 (1-625): 6997/10000
Crit 3 (1-625): 1506/10000
Crit 4 (1-625): 6450/10000

Icicle Spear (Thundurus): (4*4 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 2.5 [Stat Dif] + 7 [Icicle Edge] + 2 [Threshold] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 = 50 damage, 8 energy

Crit (1-1250): 7199/10000
Head Smash (Thundurus): (14 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 11.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 = 47 damage, 9 energy
Aurora Veil: Froslass, Golem, and Greninja is protected against physical and special attacks for 9 actions, 9 energy
Aurora Veil: Froslass restores 8 HP
Aurora Veil: Golem restores 8 HP
Aurora Veil: Greninja restores 8 HP

Crit (1-625): 2145/10000
Hyper Voice (Thundurus): (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 2 [Refrigerate] + 7 [Scythe of Northern Storms] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 = 36 damage, 6 energy

Crit (1-1250): 6448/10000

Mud Sport for 2 more actions
Overload: Aerodactyl suffers 18 damage

Targets: 2/7, 5/6, 1/5
Wild Force [Magic] (Crucibelle, Froslass, Aurorus): The affected Pokemon suffer 25% recoil with any attacking move they use (this is in addition to any recoil such moves may already have). Rock Head and Magic Guard Pokemon do not take recoil damage from this special. Pokemon with Reckless get the boost from this ability while under the effects of this special. This effect lasts for 3 actions.
Aggro threshold: 688

Dogfish44 Maxim

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
"It's breaking down, full throttle!"

Froslass: Shadow Mend (Golem-A) ~ Dispel (Froslass)
Golem-A: Rock Slide ~ Stone Edge (Thundurus)
Greninja: Chill ~ Shadow Mend (Golem-A)

Dispel Aurorus with either Aurorus or Strata, then keep throwing things at Thundy ^_^

Korangir's sudden assault threw the Thundurus back. Clearly he was surprised that we were putting up a fight, much less defeating him. Our Pokemon, sensing Thundurus's weakness, wasted no time in pummeling him some more.

"You will leave in pieces!"

Stratagem: Comet (Thundurus)~Paleo Wave (Thundurus)
Aurorus: Dispel (Aurorus) ~ Hyper Voice (Thundurus)
Aerodactyl: Rock Slide (Thundurus) ~ Stone Edge (Thundurus)

Round 6

Thundurus's electric attacks are more powerful than ever, but constant healing manages to keep Einstein from succumbing. Meanwhile, the assault on the thunder god continues relentlessly, leaving the latter critically wounded, and furious at the raid team's insolence. Right when the squad prepares for the final onslaught, though...

Stratagem is overloaded with electricity!

[
CONSUMED] |Spe 114| HP 5/Energy 17 (
10a, Wild Force [Magic] for 1 more action)
Abilities: Regerator, Mold Breaker Levitate, Liquid Ooze Mountaineer, Magic Guard | Glyph of Skill Swap

[
CONSUMED] |Spe 110| HP 7/Energy 30 (
10a, Aurora Veil for 6 more actions)

[
1] |Spe 45| HP 63/Energy 42 (
10a, Aurora Veil for 6 more actions, Thunderstruck for 1 more action)

[
CONSUMED] |Spe 141| HP 5/Energy 25 (
10a, Protean [Water], Aurora Veil for 6 more actions)

[
CONSUMED] |Spe 121| HP 5/Energy 33 (
10a)
Abilities: Compoundeyes, Mountaineer Liquid Ooze, Technician | Glyph of Ice Shard

[
CONSUMED] |Spe 130| HP 5/Energy 37 (
10a, Aurora Veil for 3 more actions, Overload for 2 more actions)
Abilities: Levitate Snow Warning, Technician, Mold Breaker | Glyph of Ancient Power

[
CONSUMED] |Spe 58| HP 6/Energy 32 (
10a)

[
CONSUMED] |Spe 150| HP 4/Energy 45 (
10a)

HP 228/4000 [6% HP | Spe 128], Burned (1a), Curse of Gygax (2a)
Mud Sport: expired

Crit (1-1250): 1136/10000
Rock Slide (Thundurus, Critical Hit): (8+1 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 11.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Curse of Gygax] + 3 [Crit]) * 1.5 = 44 damage, 5 energy

Crit (1-625): 5283/10000
SpA boost (1-2000): 9825/10000

Comet (Thundurus): (11 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 8 [Titanforged Signet] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 = 40 damage, 7 energy

Crit (1-625): 4390/10000
Thunder Punch (Golem): (8*0.67 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 3.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] - 3 [Burn] + 3 [Magnetic Terrain] + 6 [Improved Magnetic Terrain]) * 0.67 * 0.5 * 2 = 11 damage

Crit (1-625): 5933/10000

Crit (1-5000): 5447/10000
Stone Edge (Thundurus): (10 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 11.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 = 41 damage, 6 energy
Dispel (Aurorus): Aurorus is dispelled, 7 energy

Crit (1-625): 6915/10000
Rock Slide (Thundurus): (8 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 7 [Granite Defender] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 = 32 damage, 5 energy

Mud Sport for 1 more action
Crit (1-5000): 9607/10000
Shadow Mend (Golem): 41 HP restored, 14 energy

Crit (1-625): 7638/10000
Clearcasting (1-2000): 238/10000

Paleo Wave (Thundurus): (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 8 [Titanforged Signet] + 3 [Curse of Gygax]) * 1.5 = 37 damage, 6 energy
Clearcasting: Stratagem's next special attack will have its energy cost reduced by 100% and its critical hit chance increased by 100%

Crit (1-625): 6298/10000
Thunder Punch (Golem): (8*0.67 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 3.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] - 3 [Burn] + 3 [Magnetic Terrain] + 6 [Improved Magnetic Terrain]) * 0.67 * 0.5 * 2 = 11 damage

Number of hits (1-3334, 3335-6667, 6668-10000): 3745/10000
Crit 1 (1-625): 2734/10000
Crit 2 (1-625): 6778/10000
Crit 3 (1-625): 4816/10000
Crit 4 (1-625): 6021/10000

Crit (1-1250): 4099/10000
Dispel (Froslass): Froslass is dispelled, 7 energy

Crit (1-625): 6810/10000

Crit (1-1250): 6410/10000

Mud Sport expired

Targets: 5/7
Overload (Stratagem): The affected Pokemon causes +300% damage and cause no threat, but also suffers 18 damage at the end of every action. Lasts for 2 actions
Aggro threshold: 777

Dogfish44 Maxim

Last edited:

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Put a couple of comets into Thundurus, we're done here.

Froslass: Shadow Mend (Stratagem) ~ Aurora Veil (Crucibelle / Aerodactyl / Aurorus)
Golem-A: Rock Slide ~ Stone Edge (Thundurus)
Greninja: Mud Sport ~ Shadow Mend (Greninja)

Stratagem: Comet (Thundurus)~Comet (Thundurus)
Aerodactyl: Rock Slide (Thundurus) ~ Stone Edge (Thundurus)

Round 7

Thundurus strikes Einstein with a powerful thunderbolt, but is eventually forced to subdue by the team's might - much to his disbelief:

Thundurus: I... I refuse to admit defeat! I am the great Thundurus! I... am...!

[
CONSUMED] |Spe 114| HP 5/Energy 17 (
9a)

[
CONSUMED] |Spe 110| HP 7/Energy 30 (
9a, Aurora Veil for 5 more actions)

[
1] |Spe 45| HP 52/Energy 42 (
9a, Aurora Veil for 5 more actions)

[
CONSUMED] |Spe 141| HP 5/Energy 20 (
9a, Protean [Water], Aurora Veil for 5 more actions)

[
CONSUMED] |Spe 121| HP 5/Energy 28 (
9a)

[
CONSUMED] |Spe 130| HP 5/Energy 37 (
9a, +1 Sp. Attack, Aurora Veil for 3 more actions, Overload for 1 more action)

[
CONSUMED] |Spe 58| HP 6/Energy 32 (
9a)

[
CONSUMED] |Spe 150| HP 4/Energy 40 (
9a)

HP 0/4000 [0% HP | Spe 128]
Mud Sport: 5 actions left

Crit (1-1250): 9247/10000

SpA boost (1-2000): 1952/10000
Comet (Thundurus, Critical Hit): (11 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 8 [Titanforged Signet] + 3 [Curse of Gygax] + 3 [Crit]) * 1.5 * 4 = 177 damage, +1 Sp. Attack, 0 energy

Crit (1-625): 3561/10000
Thunder (Golem): (11*0.67 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 2 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 3 [Magnetic Terrain] + 6 [Improved Magnetic Terrain]) * 0.67 * 0.5 * 2 = 14 damage

Crit (1-625): 6240/10000
Thundurus fainted!

Congratulations, Dogfish44 and Maxim, on conquering Assault on Mt. Coronet, Gunship Battle (Hard)!

Each trainer: 2 CC, 8 KOC (to be spent only on the Pokemon involved in the raid or as CC)
Glyph of Astonish: Causes Astonish to raise the user's Speed by 1 stage.
Glyph of Charge: Causes Charge to also restore 8 HP and heal all status afflictions from the user.
Links of the Storm Herald: Raises the power of Electric-type moves by 7 and the holder's Sp. Attack by 2. Increases the accuracy of Electric-type moves against paralyzed targets by a flat 20%. Reduces the energy cost of Electric-type moves by 3 if the holder has 50% or less HP. Increases the holder's threshold by 1.
Badge of Light x3

Each trainer: 4 CC, 16 KOC (to be spent only on the Pokemon involved in the raid or as CC)
Glyph of Trump Card: If the user is not a Normal-type, causes Trump Card to turn into the user's type (if the user has more than a type, the user can choose which type everytime it uses the move).
Glyph of Astonish: Causes Astonish to raise the user's Speed by 1 stage.
Glyph of Work Up: Causes Work Up to also grant the user Adrenaline, increasing a random stat (excluding Evasion) by 2 stages at the end of each action for 6 actions
Glyph of Charge: Causes Charge to also restore 8 HP and heal all status afflictions from the user.
Ephemeral Snowflake: Raises the power of Ice-type moves by 7, and causes the holder to restore 2 energy at the end of every action. The holder can use Aurora Veil outside Hail, and increases the duration of Aurora Veil by 3 actions. Causes Aurora Veil to instantly heal 5 HP to its targets in addition to its other effects.
Links of the Storm Herald: Raises the power of Electric-type moves by 7 and the holder's Sp. Attack by 2. Increases the accuracy of Electric-type moves against paralyzed targets by a flat 20%. Reduces the energy cost of Electric-type moves by 3 if the holder has 50% or less HP. Increases the holder's threshold by 1.
Badge of Light x5

Each of you also obtains 300 reputation points with Custodians of Time... or you would if you weren't Exalted already. You also get 30 CC for the "Assault on Mt. Coronet - Gunship Battle (Hard)" achievement

Conclusion

Screaming and brimming with rage at the unexpected defeat, Thundurus falls to his demise, while the electric cloud which was snaring the ship disappears. As the horizon clears again, your eyes suddenly find themselves beholding a massive peak of ice, standing defiantly against the boundless sky. As Lt. Surge hurries to reach you from the other side of the deck, while Cynthia and the others come out of hiding, Skyla's vibrant voice echoes in the terse air.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are about to land on the Spear Pillar! Please fasten your belts, because the landing will not be the most comfortable!"

"Ya blasted ...", mutters Lt. Surge, as the soft chuckling of the other gym leader is carried away by the cold winds. Though, after a few seconds, even the former can't hold a faint grin as the ship begins descending on the barren peak.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)