Pokémon GO

Speaking of possible themes of exclusitivity, maybe it is just me, but I think we kinda need more expansions on the benefits that your team of allegiance holds from what I can kinda understand from Matthew Patrick's perspective on the three teams with this app being an MMO kind of game (just play the video at 1:48):

A. Team Instinct - I find this team to be more structured on the concept of hatching the eggs they get. Game mechanics wise, perhaps the most physically active with valor close behind mostly for exercising and health benefits or simply loving to window shop and wander around their neighborhood. Oftentimes the underdog. Perhaps Team Instinct could have the benefit of doubling the hatching speed while possibly getting 2 or 3 infinite use Incubator while getting more eggs in Pokestops knowing they get duplicates.

B. Team Mystic - the most introverted with Instinct close behind for getting bonuses of discovering new pokemon. But often the most internally strategic like valor due to their technical nature. However, often some of the more lonesome and quiet. Like the Han Solo or the lone hunter that dominates gyms that knows the technical elements of the games. In this team's case, they think and plan long term for once they do conquer gym, it will take a long time to go down. Perhaps Team Mystic could get the bonus of getting Pokeballs moreso (let's say the stop they got originally gave them only 1 pokeball. They get 2) than the other 2. Perhaps in the case of gyms, they would get the most experience the longer their gym stays not removed every 2 or more days. Simply, the longer their defensive mons keeps their gym intact, the more experience they earn.

C. Team Valor - Like Instinct, they go out and Conquer lots of Gyms and rend to hold it through constant commitment more seriously. Long story short, whereas Instinct is exercising casually, Valor is like the Exercise to Fit a certain body figure while getting benefits from Pokemon Go being stronger in CP numbers. Hence, tends to be more short termed on constant dominance. Perhaps in Pokestops, they get double the amount of Revives and Potions since they value dominating gyms and training with other Team Valor Members in gyms. Perhaps they get double the experience if they get to conquer multiple gyms in an area or a certain radius.

breh

強いだね
I don't think we'll see Flareon since I didn't see Vaporeon during the water event, but who knows?

Personally I'm most excited to get my ice badge over 50... fire types are practically useless though, especially since all but 2 are 50 candy. Jynx / Swinub line will both be kind of useful to get for dnite, but I already have a blissey for that.

I have yet to get Charmander: the only starter I had yet to obtain. Maybe this fire event can help. Maybe Lapras? Some of these would be nice.

You see, here in The Philippines, water types are EVERYWHERE! God don't me count count how many Staryu's ans Goldeens had I caught. Though I got around 4 squirtles and more than 5 Chikoritas and a Bayleef, I got a bit more totodiles in my place. Charmander seems inexistent whereas I can get Cyndaquil and Bulbasaur every now and then. Though I expected Pidgeys to be most commons, Natus and Sentrets swarm my country for some reason. Hence, Pidgey and Ratata are bordering uncommon around my place. But I still find it strange that I caught around 5 magikarps in my entire Pokemon Go play, in the tropics around Metro Manila and Makati (think of those two Cities he equivalent of New York for Americans here) mind you.

Also, if any of you want to visit my country for some reason, if you want a BUTT LOAD of Voltorbs and Magnemites, go to SM Mall of Asia. Last time I went there, it is a hive of those two.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Vaporeon WAS more common during the Water event... you probably just didn't see it out of sheer chance. I assume Flareon will get the same treatment.

I have yet to get Charmander: the only starter I had yet to obtain. Maybe this fire event can help. Maybe Lapras? Some of these would be nice.

You see, here in The Philippines, water types are EVERYWHERE! God don't me count count how many Staryu's ans Goldeens had I caught. Though I got around 4 squirtles and more than 5 Chikoritas and a Bayleef, I got a bit more totodiles in my place. Charmander seems inexistent whereas I can get Cyndaquil and Bulbasaur every now and then. Though I expected Pidgeys to be most commons, Natus and Sentrets swarm my country for some reason. Hence, Pidgey and Ratata are bordering uncommon around my place. But I still find it strange that I caught around 5 magikarps in my entire Pokemon Go play, in the tropics around Metro Manila and Makati (think of those two Cities he equivalent of New York for Americans here) mind you.

Also, if any of you want to visit my country for some reason, if you want a BUTT LOAD of Voltorbs and Magnemites, go to SM Mall of Asia. Last time I went there, it is a hive of those two.
Yeah man, I've heard of those islands. You really rely on nests to get anywhere outside of the River biome, which really stinks. The Mall of Asia biome is pretty common near beaches and is absolutely pivotal in the Steel / Electric medals, as well as obtaining Electrode and Magneton since they are very non-existent outside of that biome.

Whew. Just after watching the latest trailer, I'm glad that I can now focus on sharing my recent diary with Pokemon Go (click here to see my story top to bottom). You see, this day has been the first day that I ever got to join a fellow Team Instinct Gym and increase its privilege. Before that, I visited a mall called Robinsons just to window shop while my companion had a long massage to attend to and with me in need of picturing. So, in the hours of waiting, I wandered around the mall collecting some mons hatching an egg or two. Then I came along two Team Valor gyms next to each other. One of the had a Dragonite, a Snorlax, and a Gyarados: all three past 2700 CP.

However, the other had a Stanler around 700 CP, a 2700 Tyranitar, and a 3075 Blissey. When I tried it, I thought that I could only beat the stanler. However, thanks to my Steel Wing Pidgeot, my 875-ish electrode, and my other mons, I actually get to defeat a 2700 plus tyranitar. The only thing that I lose to is to Blissey via timeout 7 times out of 10. Using that opportunity, I did my darndest to bring this gym down without any nearby competition. It was on the verge of being destroyed too. But in the end, eve if I knocked that one gym to just rank 1, Mama Blissey knows best to hold it. Gaaahhh she's too fat and chewy to just fall. Not enough worthy fighting types.

So after window shopping, unaware that something went wrong with the massaging schedule, I toured around the modern streets up until I cone across a Team Instinct Gym located at The Pan Pacific Manila Hotel just a block or two away from the mall where I was at. Upon arriving at the statue, I just use my remaiing time to train at the gym and increase its prestige to 14 000 for me to place my own Pidgeot, then continued the training even more until I reached it to 17000+. That is definitely something that I have been very happy about. As I end this message, my Pidgeot got whooped. But oh well. I get to beat a bunch of mons three times the CP higher than mine with my current roster: Mostly Gyarados and Tyranitar. However, gosh, I'm staying away from Mama blissey.

Funny bit though.

The church around my area is currently Guarded by 5 blisseys in the first 5 battles followed by 5 males (2 Dagonites, a Golem, a Vaporeon, and a Gyarados) doing dirty things with those thick pinkies behind the scenes just to humor myself of the hilarious context. Very funny on a gym that I won't be able to even tough. I guess that ends my fun for this day.Gotta walk some more tomorrow.

I'm gonna assume the only ones that are worth raising are Phanphy and Eevee. Just check my links.

No one will like facing Blissey. I have had a lot of runs against it. Someone there said Blissey's existence made gyms have worse stagnation than the stagnation era we had before the attacking prestige loss buff.

Still, I have had the experience of defeating those walls in a row, so that makes me able to break anything in a gym. It forced me to get better in battles and I did.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Blissey is necessary for the metagame - it is an actually good defender. Stagnation is the fault of players and Niantic's lack of direction to give these players incentive to go take gyms.

Ninatic just need to change the CP formula for defenders given they double HP for gym defenders, they should bin that and double the stamina stat in the CP formula for defenders, rather fed up of things like slowking and poliwrath on the bottom being stupidly hard to prestige against, when junk sits higher because of attack stat.

honestly i think their best bet is to just get rid of CP entirely and have pokemon in gyms placed by their level. if they add species clause that'd fix both gym stagnation and would mean pokemon like steelix/poliwrath/lapras etc can actually sit as high as anything else in gyms, and thus be the defenders they have the potential to be

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
I disagree with species clause even if they do remove CP (my dream). A lot of players are this stage in the game have powered up numerous species of the top 7. By introducing species clause, those slots suddenly become more valuable - "Who's slotting their Dragonite, who's slotting their Gyarados", etc.

While it'll increase diversity in the long run (very long run), at the moment it seems futile when most people's best defenders are numerous Dragonite / Gyarados / Rhydon / etc. and shaving will be even more rampant than it already is.

Solstice event announced. Gyms will be temporarily disabled to prepare for new features.

Niantic said:
To kick things off, we will be hosting the Solstice Event starting on June 13, 2017. This in-game event will feature Fire-type and Ice-type Pokémon, huge XP bonuses for throwing Poké Balls accurately, and discounted Lucky Eggs in the in-game shop. Soon thereafter, you can look forward to a new update focused on collaborative group gameplay features that will get you playing Pokémon GO in fun new ways. In preparation for these exciting features, we’ll be temporarily disabling Gyms for a short period of time.

Solstice event announced. Gyms will be temporarily disabled to prepare for new features.
So, when exactly is the disabling of Gyms? Gotta know the given time.

You see, the only way that I know that you get to earn coins without using real money is by defending a gym. This complicates my play of this app for how rare it is for me to find a fellow Instinct Gym. The only reason I'm getting cash is for Incubators. Just look at the amount of Eggs I will have been hatching in the upcoming future.

I'm not sure what the rewards are. But from what I read in the past posts, besides evolving every pokemon that I have with a Lucky Egg on, are all of the eggs currently stored will instantly hatch?

Last edited:
removing everything I heard... which is just a TERRIBLE IDEA, some gyms here are in places that are a pain to get to, (unlit park) and now those gyms are open to spoofers and gym bots once again.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Rework is a cool thing, shame I'll lose all my gyms but I really wanted this to happen and hope it's actually decent. I don't have that much high hopes but we'll see.

Disabling date of gyms has 2 sources... June 16th (3 days after the event) cited by Italian and French announcements iirc, while June 20th is slated as the date in the Japanese and Chinese announcements. In any case, it's happening either on the event or at the very end. After that, expect any defenders in gyms to come back with full health and gyms to be closed for a little bit (so, no battles) until they get everything in order.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)