NOC THERE ARE VAMPS ITG (Game Over: Village Wins!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
walrein,hawkie,asek probably town, sam might be town but I dislike the call for power roles to claim and his stance on giving vampires the win so they give people a "win", zorbees I have no idea rn but he did call out something BT had said about using vampire hunter as cop and that's protown

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Lol I called that out

Jesus the players itg are not thinking through things properly at all

We should lynch between people who oppose the best strategic policies for non-philosophical reasons which are out of character and simultaneously bullshit

Aka between zorbees and moody

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
also if you really want to bring that up as being out of character, consider the fact that i joined a noc in the first place, when i havent done a noc in a long while. consider the fact that i can read your posts in the game approval subforum where you lay out your strategy for the game before the game has even started. why would i join this game if we were just going to collude to have everyone win and nobody have fun

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
acidphoenix Thunder~BALLZ Champ1604 The Mawile Ace

need you to comment on
1. where have you played mafia before?
2. Unclesams big post
3. any players stick out to you so far
4. list in order of towniest to scummiest: asek, unclesam, walrein, moodycloud, zorbees, hawkie.
1. smogon, mafia universe, bulbagarden, pokemon showdown, serene's forest, epicmafia, mafiascum, town of salem, #fluodome, good ol' Real Life (and i keep ALMOST joining games on dailymafia)
just for the ego stroke B)

2. sigh

i don't really wanna break this game. i'd honestly much rather play it as closely to a traditional NOC as possible, just because i think it would be more fun that way.

i DO think there's some merit to saccing the backup, if we want to go that way. the ideal strategy would be to off the backup and snipe the vampire and just win the game instantly. odds aren't in our favor of that happening, but if we can be MLG enough it's an option

a question we have to consider is: does the logic in sam's post seem like it comes from a vampire PoV? my gut says no but i'm open to reevaluation

3. the only player with a major in-thread presence that's not also mentioned in #4 is earlio, and honestly i'm not sure how to read him at this point. need to see more

4. hawkie>asek>>zorbees=sam>>>moody

UncleSam

Leading this village
K whatever people are missing the point of playing a non-traditional game if they just wanna do the same bs they always do

Obviously the only reason I would break the game is because I'm town, nothing I've said makes any sense from a vampire perspective and Walrein in particular should know that quite obviously

zorbees is purposefully being dense as is MoodyCloud, and I think both are likely to be some combination of Vampire or Backup, which are the two most desirable lynches today even for those who want to play the 'old-fashioned way', which is not how this game is meant to be played. Hell, the whole point of a game like this is to think outside the box and get outside your comfort zone, not just go through the motions claiming you have a philosophical difference with playing new and unique games.

Lynch zorbees

Open to being convinced otherwise but I have never seen zorbees to think that you don't play a game to win it. He has demonstrated this pattern over a decade and, while I agree with it, he is not demonstrating it this game. I don't buy his explanation of 'obviously I'm not following trends because I signed up for an NOC' - that's not a reason to think he would suddenly change his whole philosophy on how to play mafia.

I read the most fear of my obvious strategy to ensure vanillas win en masse into zorbees and then MoodyCloud, go back and read their posts and note the difference between their reactions and most others', particularly Asek's. The reasonable vanilla response, if you want to play things traditionally, is to say 'I don't think that's how we should play a game like this / how the game is meant to be played', which I can 100% promise you is not the case, this game was meant to be played with vanillas keeping their options open and thinking on their feet instead of being sheep.

In other news the backup claiming is the most obvious of all obvious strategies and anyone who does not acknowledge this is either the Vampire or someone who wants to win with the Vampire.

UncleSam

First thing, Texas Cloverleaf didn't confirm this yet but I'm pretty sure the vampires win when they have majority. So if we side with the vampires as a bloc we leave it up to the vampires to decide the winners. Can't win as a bloc when it's just half the bloc that's winning

So we side with the vampire hunter

I don't see the point in lynching the witch doctor, they can be converted like anyone else. The backup is absolutely the right play though, as far as winning the game is concerned we should lynch the backup today

Reasons why this may not happen despite being the optimal play:
  • Pretty sure nobody signed up for the funky vampire noc game just so they can cheese it and forget it happened. Maybe just you did. The thing is though, backup is in the game to prolong it, and the players want it prolonged so this stupid game can continue and shenanigans happen and all the jazz
  • The backup has to volunteer to leave the game on D1 lol

need you to comment on
2. Unclesams big post
4. list in order of towniest to scummiest: asek, unclesam, walrein, moodycloud, zorbees, hawkie.
1. Maf room/real life counterparts(yea I'm more than a computer program)

2. I also agree with Walrein I didn't want to break the game down atleast not this early in the game. I'm usually the type of player that stays quiet collecting info here and there, making snarky comments at other people's deaths and say my 2 cents when something big hits me.

But I'll do what I have to do.

Asek seems like a town member to me. His desire to have everyone put in there makes me believe that he's trying to get more info so that he knows who to trust and who not to trust and I can respect that.

Walrein seems like someone who plays with a similar playstyle as me and nothing he says is sticking out.

Hawkie seems innocent for now .

I find it weird that zorbees is changing out his playstyle but I'm not gonna point fingers at him yet.

Unclesam seems likes he's stalling so that vampires can get more conversions or just a player who hates rand lynches. (Which is understandable) But you gotta do what you gotta do somethings. Overall hes on my list but I'm gonna wait.

Moodycloud kinda put himsef in a bad decision by deciding he wanted to not break the game and try to play against the odds. Like he can believe that but it kinda seems like hes a vampire who couldn't think of what to say. Idk how experienced he is in mafia but an experienced evil role would know not to attract too much attention to himsef by doing that. So he's either a vamp trying to bluff an inexperienced townie or he just honestly believes that.

3. Lynch Thunder_ballz (he's a all cap users clearly he must be lynched)

4.) Asek, walrein, zorbees, hawkie, unclesam and moodycloud

P.S sorry for the late response, we had a freak power outage last night and so I crashed pretty early.

For Texas's sake I'll say that lynching the backup isn't a black and white thing

After all it's supposed to be a backup for the witch doctor or vampire hunter if they die before any of the vampires

The problem is that the odds of that are low. They're gonna get lynched (lower probability than lynching a nervous vampire, plus they can always pubclaim and ward off the lynch), or they're gonna get vampire hunted after they've been converted anyway. You could run the numbers, but they should show that the backup will convert to vampire way more often than witch doctor or vampire hunter

Is it time to noc? It's time to noc

Mawile if you're gonna lay down your lazy meta now as an excuse to stall later then. Uh. Don't. When someone tells me oh they're just the quiet type with no prompting it doesn't bode well

Here's a question. What separates moody to you from anyone else who just wants to win against the odds (he's def not the only one who swings that way). He made some points here:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/there-are-vamps-itg-day-1.3606237/page-5#post-7387444
Is he the worst because there's something unique about him or are you just parroting

it is important to note that this d1 is extremely huge for town. today there is only 1 scum polluting opinions and the rest of us have the same win condition. if everybody here thinks for themselves and comes to their own conclusions about the other players, the one who ISNT emulating the same thoughts as the others and sticks out as an odd one is highly likely to be scum. we hold a lot of power today and I think this is extremely powerful. If we lynch a vamp today it may be a 'back at square 1' deal but still I think we go for gold and each come to who we think is the vampire. the odds are in our favour
asek bro just wanted to point this out. Us having a big townie bloc today by virtue of their being only 1 vamp doesn't actually help us that much. Like. The thing that usually trips up scum is that they have to either go with the town bloc against one of their buddies or find contrived reasons NOT to do that. And the 1 vamp doesn't have any buddies to protect so he just goes with the flow

also if you really want to bring that up as being out of character, consider the fact that i joined a noc in the first place, when i havent done a noc in a long while. consider the fact that i can read your posts in the game approval subforum where you lay out your strategy for the game before the game has even started. why would i join this game if we were just going to collude to have everyone win and nobody have fun
lol

ooh ooh

regileague forums

In regards to Earlio, I initially read him as noob town, but that last post has me easing off of that read. I feel like the *sweats profusely* is a joke that is more likely to be made by a scum who knows that being lynched is a disaster rather than a town who knows that being lynched isn't the end of the world. Additionally, he pretty much admits he is just going along with what other people are saying, although I think having the audacity to admit it is somewhat towny. I think he'd be a decent lynch but its still so early, we can find a better one, be it more evidence on Earlio or by putting pressure on someone else

I'm liking Hawkie's posts on Earlio but I'd wish he didn't tunnelvision it so much.
Man dude why make a thesis on earlio's posting style and end up so wishy washy about it. Actually. ELI5 what made you change your mind on earlio. Was it "that last post" or Hawkie? Because if you liked hawkie's posts doesn't that mean you agree with him

1. Maf room/real life counterparts(yea I'm more than a computer program)

2. I also agree with Walrein I didn't want to break the game down atleast not this early in the game. I'm usually the type of player that stays quiet collecting info here and there, making snarky comments at other people's deaths and say my 2 cents when something big hits me.

But I'll do what I have to do.

Asek seems like a town member to me. His desire to have everyone put in there makes me believe that he's trying to get more info so that he knows who to trust and who not to trust and I can respect that.

Walrein seems like someone who plays with a similar playstyle as me and nothing he says is sticking out.

Hawkie seems innocent for now .

I find it weird that zorbees is changing out his playstyle but I'm not gonna point fingers at him yet.

Unclesam seems likes he's stalling so that vampires can get more conversions or just a player who hates rand lynches. (Which is understandable) But you gotta do what you gotta do somethings. Overall hes on my list but I'm gonna wait.

Moodycloud kinda put himsef in a bad decision by deciding he wanted to not break the game and try to play against the odds. Like he can believe that but it kinda seems like hes a vampire who couldn't think of what to say. Idk how experienced he is in mafia but an experienced evil role would know not to attract too much attention to himsef by doing that. So he's either a vamp trying to bluff an inexperienced townie or he just honestly believes that.

3. Lynch Thunder_ballz (he's a all cap users clearly he must be lynched)

4.) Asek, walrein, zorbees, hawkie, unclesam and moodycloud

P.S sorry for the late response, we had a freak power outage last night and so I crashed pretty early.
the read on Asek is Not Good
the read on Walrein is Baseless
the read on me is Non Existent
the read on Sam is Bad i don't think you get the thought "this player is trying to stall out the game for vampires to win" when Sam's wallpost was very much in favour in of lynching and I feel like he's only "putting him on his list" because other people are
the read on Moody is ??? he says Moody put himself in a bad position for not wanting to break the game but neither did two of his townreads me/asek and hasn't mentioned this in regards to us at all?

Like he can believe that but it kinda seems like hes a vampire who couldn't think of what to say. Idk how experienced he is in mafia but an experienced evil role would know not to attract too much attention to himsef by doing that. So he's either a vamp trying to bluff an inexperienced townie or he just honestly believes that.
and this is plain weird for town to post imo

i think sam's reasoning on zorbees comes from a good place but it's possible he just had a similar reaction to me the first scenario in Sam's wallpost was to to treat the vampire as Not Scum which i just didn't agree with because in this scenario the vampire is the scum and if we just ignore it what scum are we trying to find? The backup lol? That just doesn't sound fun to me
i want to say zorbees reaction to the strategy is town since the vampire openly opposing it so quickly doesn't make sense to me, and reconsidering his Earlio read nets him another few points

i want to play a more straightforward recruiter noc than do some bullshit collusion
this post says it better than i ever would but that was my reaction to reading Sam's first strategy

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
gut reaction is that mawile ace is trying too hard. we'll see if this trend holds

i can kinda see where sam's zorbees read is coming from, i suppose. he's reading as genuine from a tonal standpoint but that isn't the end-all be-all (and i know you in particular despise tonal reads, sam)

i think everyone except the vampire and potentially the backup himself will probably agree that the optimal d1 play is to lynch the backup; however, this pretty much relies on the backup agreeing to suicide. it's going to be nigh impossible to weed them out with reads on d1

i'll go ahead and hardclaim not-the-backup to make this read at least a little easier

tiered readslist (may not be ordered within tiers):

hawkie
blue_tornado

unclesam
asek
thunder-ballz

sandshrewz
zorbees

the mawile ace
earlio

moodycloud

excluding champ and acidphoenix because the latter hasn't posted at all (i think?) and the former only once

who's my vote on? i'd like for it to be on moody

unvote
vote moodycloud

a question for the peanut gallery: does anyone have any objections to the lynch-the-backup plan? obviously it's not super fun for the backup himself, but i'm talking objections other than that one

i'd also like the peanut gallery's thoughts on mawile ace, especially from those who have played with him before (i assume he's a PS guy?)

goodnight

the read on Asek is Not Good
the read on Walrein is Baseless
the read on me is Non Existent
the read on Sam is Bad i don't think you get the thought "this player is trying to stall out the game for vampires to win" when Sam's wallpost was very much in favour in of lynching and I feel like he's only "putting him on his list" because other people are
the read on Moody is ??? he says Moody put himself in a bad position for not wanting to break the game but neither did two of his townreads me/asek and hasn't mentioned this in regards to us at all?

and this is plain weird for town to post imo
i mean its d1 you cant really have a basis when nothing has really happened yet

I can't find the post so I either misread something which is totally possible since I just woke up when I read the posts or just dreamed about it which also is possible

Last edited:

need you to comment on
2. Unclesams big post
1. I play mafia on Pokemon Showdown (Hawkie directed me here)
2. UncleSam is town enough, I usually don't like big town posts like that but he did point out obvious ways we could win, not something scum usually does
3. Players that stick out to me?... anyone who is scummy :^)
4. I don't list scumreads, mainly for the reasoning that A) If i die people might look back at my scum reads and they're wrong or B) My reads are always changing, and I don't want to update my reads every 2 minutes. There's also the fact that listing reads is irrelevant when you can just be pushing them tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)