Test your vocabulary; Donate rice

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was at 34-36 for a while but jumped up to 37-38 for a short stint.

Considering the English language has 990,000 words, the most of any language on earth, potentially you could take this test for an entire year and still not run into all of them.

I stopped once I got to 1000 and ended with a level of 35.

I've donated upwards of 8 000 grains over the course of the past 6 or 7 hours! I think I'm calling it quits for tonight, but this is pretty cool. My vocab level hovers around 46-48 for the most part. I've gone as high as 53, though.

I donated 1000 grains, and my vocab level was usually around 31, topping out at 34 and going as low as 28.
Interesting. Is there anything stopping people from just going to dictionary.com though and looking up the words?
Since their main goal is to increase peoples' vocabularies and donate food, if you look up the words in the dictionary, that will accomplish both goals

As of now, 1260 grains.
After dropping for a while I'm usually in the 30-40 range, though it dropped to 29 once.

Not bad for a non native speaker of 15years of age.

Just wanted to know what happened there.

Anyway, I'm working on it now, hovering around level 38-39.
im guessing basics is gonna attempt to cover up a lie with mention of how he was too wicked-ass blazed to remember, yeah dude!!!!

i went between 40 and 45, and when it got higher than 40 it usually came down to educated guesses. i have a knack for etymology, so even though my vocabulary isnt the best i can sometimes associate the given word with one of the four possibilities due to said knack.

Just wanted to know what happened there.

Anyway, I'm working on it now, hovering around level 38-39.
Yeah, I just inserted random numbers into my post following the template of what everyone else said :P. I thought it would be more obvious, but it didn't really come out that way. I'll actually try this at some point, but it honestly doesn't seem like that much fun.

Edit: Glen, blazing is no excuse!

I got up to level 32 so far, and have donated 610 grains. I'm going to keep going, also.

edit: I got all the way up to level 35 then dropped a little and stayed around 32-34. I ended up donating almost 2000 rice, as well.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
the free rice campaign is also a small part of the organization that runs the poverty.com website so its not like it is some freelance help organization that only donates rice for correct answers on a vocab test. i find it kind of weird that they are donating a food with no nutritional value though.
They don't care about that in third world countries. They struggle just to put food on their plates, if they're even fortunate to /have/ plates, and what better than one of the staple foods of the world? In think wheat and corn are the other two... =/ But the purpose is that the people they're donating it to couldn't care less if it came from Bristol Farms and Whole Foods, or just a random bag of generic, good ol' rice.

Good find, donated 2000 before I was kicked off the computer. >_>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)