Data ASB Gym League Signup Thread MARK 2 [OP is finally up to date lol jk]

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

"BRING YOUR NORMAL-TYPES."

Gym Leader Birkal vs. Challenger Maxim
Format:
5 vs. 5 Series (B8P5)
DQ Time: 72 Hours
Chills: ∞
Recoveries: ∞
Substitutions: 2
Switch: N/A
Items: On
Abilities: All
MEvos: ∞
Arena: Nowhere in Particular

The hot stench of the metropolis suffocates all newcomers. The streets bustle with activity: businessmen scurry, children yell, and the homeless beg. The hustle-and-bustle city is tireless; it is clockwork. Everyone lives within their own microcosm, content to keep their head down and live another day.

Rather, most are content. There are those who know how to escape. They yearn for something greater, something primal. They gather at a pub down by Main Street and 10th called The Antidote. No, they're not there for the tempting booze or the allure of getting laid. They come to fight. A man with a missing eye and ripping biceps guards the back doorway which presumably leads to the basement. He spits on the ground and address you firmly.

"Oi, where you off to?" he grumbles.

"Nowhere in Particular," you reply candidly.

The man gives a knowing nod and steps out of the way. It worked!

Down and down the concrete stairs go. They lead you into a cavernous underground room. The basement: Nowhere in Particular. Its floor is cold pavement and its brick walls are unforgiving. Metal folding chairs, wobbly card tables, and other materials litter the room. But none of that matters; what catches your eye is the middle of the room. Underneath the flickering fluorescent lights is a battle. A formidable Fighting-type Pokemon slams an unsuspecting foe into the floor with a deafening thud. Its trainer sticks a fist pump of pride into the cool air, as the basement reverberates back to silence.

"Nice fight," calls a blond-haired figure with green pants, sitting backwards in a chair. "But I believe our training is over... We have a visitor."

They both turn towards you. A lithe young woman with short pink hair grunts and stamps her foot into the ground. "LET'S DO THIS."

The blond makes a motion to stop her. "Easy there, Maylene." He approaches you and offers a firm handshake. "Hi there, I'm Birkal!" he says, brimming with enthusiasm. "Welcome to Nowhere in Particular. Or more formally, welcome to Fight Gym. Let me give you a quick rundown on the rules here."

"Number One: The entire gym fight is played as a series of one versus one matches. It is a best of series, meaning that whoever wins the majority of the rounds wins the match. One a Pokemon has fought its round, it remains benched for the rest of the series. The arena is cleared anew after every match; hazards and field effects disappear."

"Number Two: Coin flip determines which battler will choose who sends out the first Pokemon of the match (Right of Way). From there, the loser of each round chooses who sends out first in the following matches."

"Number Three: Both Challenger and Gym Leader may only bring one of each typing, including Mega Evolutions and formes. For example, Avalugg would take up the Challenger's Ice-type slot. Similarly, Noivern would take up the Challenger's Flying-type and Dragon-type slots for the series. Fighting-type is exempt from this rule for the Gym Leader alone. However, the Gym Leader cannot bring two of the same typed Pokemon outside of Fighting-types (e.g. Gallade and Medicham cannot both be brought). Official formes are considered the typing they are upon send-out; should they ever change typing due to forme change, they automatically lose that round. An example would be Rotom leaving its appliance and the challenger has already brought a Dusknoir."

"Number Four: The Gym Leader may bring Lopunny on her roster; it is forced to Mega Evolve upon send-out."

"Number Five: Ties are allowed in individual match-ups. If both Pokemon are KO'd, the score becomes X - X - 1. In the event of a tie series, the Gym Leader will send out a most powerful Pokemon, one that is banned from competing in normal rounds. This most powerful Pokemon does not take up one of the leader's team slots. In this final match, the challenger may send out any Pokemon they possess, whether they have previously fought in this gym or not. Their selection may break Rule Number Three, meaning they can bring any Pokemon to the tiebreaker, no limits. Finally, the challenger receives the Right of Way in the final round against this most powerful Pokemon."

"Number Six: Referee payout is modified in this gym. In order to cycle through match-ups quickly, pay is determined by the number of match-ups refereed. Payout is earned based on the number of matches refereed in singles, plus a bonus of Pokemon sent out divided in half. In other words, reffing one grants 3 UC + (2 x 0.5) Bonus, two grants 8 UC, three grants 13 UC, four grants 19 UC, five grants 26 UC, and completing the entire series with a tiebreaker grants 34 UC. Referees that pass DQ once (even when on Leave of Absence) are susceptible to being replaced."

"Think you can handle all that?" Birkal asks with a smile. "Let me know if you have any questions."

"UGH, SHUT UP," Maylene shouts angrily. A small crowd emerges from the shadows, their interest is piqued. "ENOUGH CHAT. LET'S GET THIS FIGHT STARTED."

Summarized:
1) Best of Series (1 vs. 1).
2) Battler with Right of Way (granted by coin flip or a loss) will determine who sends out first.
3) Can only bring one of any single type to the fight.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
taking Toon vs S0L1D G0LD

also I am accepting 1 challenge for Ice Gym, should there be any interest. Preferance goes to people who weren't DQ'd from it previously. Although if nobody signs up for it in a week or so, I might open it up for everybody.

Only one challenge tho. First come first serve. Chalk it up to good mood and rehauls taking longer than I've anticipated.

No Ongoing Challenge
Leader Birkal vs Challenger Maxim

Ongoing Challenge

Bug
- N/A
Dark
- Leader JJayyFeather vs zarator (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
Dragon
- Quals Upcoming
Electric (Hiatus till 21st of June)
- N/A
Fairy
- Closed
Fighting
- None
Fire
- N/A
Flying
- N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- Leader Elevator Music vs Birkal (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
Ground
- None
Ice
-
None
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Closed
Psychic
- N/A
Rock
- N/A
Steel
- Leader smashlloyd20 vs. Gale Wing Srock (Unaccepted)
- Leader smashlloyd20 vs. PTPlatinum (Unaccepted)
- Leader smashlloyd20 vs. Complications (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
- Leader smashlloyd20 vs. epicdrill (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
Water
- Closed

taking Toon vs S0L1D G0LD

also I am accepting 1 challenge for Ice Gym, should there be any interest. Preferance goes to people who weren't DQ'd from it previously. Although if nobody signs up for it in a week or so, I might open it up for everybody.

Only one challenge tho. First come first serve. Chalk it up to good mood and rehauls taking longer than I've anticipated.

No Ongoing Challenge

Ongoing Challenge

Bug
- N/A
Dark
Dragon
- Quals Upcoming
- N/A
Fairy
- Closed
Fighting
- None
Fire
- N/A
Flying
- N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
Ground
- None
Ice
-
None
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Closed
Psychic
- N/A
Rock
- N/A
Steel
- Leader smashlloyd20 vs. epicdrill (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
Water
- Closed
I'll take that.

Dropping my challenge to smashlloyd20 and his stupidly long queue that isn't shrinking in favour of challenging Frosty of the Ice gym.

No Ongoing Challenge

Ongoing Challenge

Bug
- N/A
Dark
Dragon
- Quals Upcoming
- N/A
Fairy
- Closed
Fighting
- None
Fire
- N/A
Flying
- N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
Ground
- None
Ice
-
Leader Frosty vs epicdrill (unaccepted)
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Closed
Psychic
- N/A
Rock
- N/A
Steel
Water
- Closed

Frosty

=_=
accepting epicdrill

Battle Settings:
3 v 3 Gym Singles
4 Day DQ
0 Chill/Recovery
0 Mega Evolution
Arena = Snowpeak Ruins
Items = On
Abilities = One
Switch = OK
Subs: 3
Free-Edit Period: 1 hour
Challenger sends out first.
Blanket Ban on any ref with 400UC or more

No Ongoing Challenge

Ongoing Challenge
Leader Frosty vs epicdrill

Bug
- N/A
Dark
Dragon
- Quals Upcoming
- N/A
Fairy
- Closed
Fighting
- None
Fire
- N/A
Flying
- N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
Ground
- None
Ice
-
None
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Closed
Psychic
- N/A
Rock
- N/A
Steel
Water
- Closed

Challenging S0L1D G0LD for 2 APR Doubles.
Also taking Frosty and epicdrill

No Ongoing Challenge

Ongoing Challenge
Leader Solid Gold vs Ooraloo (Unaccepted)

Bug
- N/A
Dark
Dragon
- Quals Upcoming
- N/A
Fairy
- Closed
Fighting
- None
Fire
- N/A
Flying
- N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
Ground
- None
Ice
-
None
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Closed
Psychic
- N/A
Rock
- N/A
Steel
Water
- Closed

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

"YOU ONLY CHALLENGE ONCE... OH WAIT."

Gym Leader Birkal vs. Challenger Matezoide
Format:
5 vs. 5 Series (B8P5)
DQ Time: 72 Hours
Chills: ∞
Recoveries: ∞
Substitutions: 2
Switch: N/A
MEvos: 0

The hot stench of the metropolis suffocates all newcomers. The streets bustle with activity: businessmen scurry, children yell, and the homeless beg. The hustle-and-bustle city is tireless; it is clockwork. Everyone lives within their own microcosm, content to keep their head down and live another day.

Rather, most are content. There are those who know how to escape. They yearn for something greater, something primal. They gather at a pub down by Main Street and 10th called The Antidote. No, they're not there for the tempting booze or the allure of getting laid. They come to fight. A man with a missing eye and ripping biceps guards the back doorway which presumably leads to the basement. He spits on the ground and address you firmly.

"Oi, where you off to?" he grumbles.

"Nowhere in Particular," you reply candidly.

The man gives a knowing nod and steps out of the way. It worked!

Down and down the concrete stairs go. They lead you into a cavernous underground room. The basement: Nowhere in Particular. Its floor is cold pavement and its brick walls are unforgiving. Metal folding chairs, wobbly card tables, and other materials litter the room. But none of that matters; what catches your eye is the middle of the room. Underneath the flickering fluorescent lights is a battle. A formidable Fighting-type Pokemon slams an unsuspecting foe into the floor with a deafening thud. Its trainer sticks a fist pump of pride into the cool air, as the basement reverberates back to silence.

"Nice fight," calls a blond-haired figure with green pants, sitting backwards in a chair. "But I believe our training is over... We have a visitor."

They both turn towards you. A lithe young woman with short pink hair grunts and stamps her foot into the ground. "LET'S DO THIS."

The blond makes a motion to stop her. "Easy there, Maylene." He approaches you and offers a firm handshake. "Hi there, I'm Birkal!" he says, brimming with enthusiasm. "Welcome to Nowhere in Particular. Or more formally, welcome to Fight Gym. Let me give you a quick rundown on the rules here."

"Number One: The entire gym fight is played as a series of one versus one matches. It is a best of series, meaning that whoever wins the majority of the rounds wins the match. One a Pokemon has fought its round, it remains benched for the rest of the series. The arena is cleared anew after every match; hazards and field effects disappear."

"Number Two: Coin flip determines which battler will choose who sends out the first Pokemon of the match (Right of Way). From there, the loser of each round chooses who sends out first in the following matches."

"Number Three: Both Challenger and Gym Leader may only bring one of each typing, including Mega Evolutions and formes. For example, Avalugg would take up the Challenger's Ice-type slot. Similarly, Noivern would take up the Challenger's Flying-type and Dragon-type slots for the series. Fighting-type is exempt from this rule for the Gym Leader alone. However, the Gym Leader cannot bring two of the same typed Pokemon outside of Fighting-types (e.g. Gallade and Medicham cannot both be brought). Official formes are considered the typing they are upon send-out; should they ever change typing due to forme change, they automatically lose that round. An example would be Rotom leaving its appliance and the challenger has already brought a Dusknoir."

"Number Four: The Gym Leader may bring Lopunny on her roster; it is forced to Mega Evolve upon send-out."

"Number Five: Ties are allowed in individual match-ups. If both Pokemon are KO'd, the score becomes X - X - 1. In the event of a tie series, the Gym Leader will send out a most powerful Pokemon, one that is banned from competing in normal rounds. This most powerful Pokemon does not take up one of the leader's team slots. In this final match, the challenger may send out any Pokemon they possess, whether they have previously fought in this gym or not. Their selection may break Rule Number Three, meaning they can bring any Pokemon to the tiebreaker, no limits. Finally, the challenger receives the Right of Way in the final round against this most powerful Pokemon."

"Number Six: Referee payout is modified in this gym. In order to cycle through match-ups quickly, pay is determined by the number of match-ups refereed. Payout is earned based on the number of matches refereed in singles, plus a bonus of Pokemon sent out divided in half. In other words, reffing one grants 3 UC + (2 x 0.5) Bonus, two grants 8 UC, three grants 13 UC, four grants 19 UC, five grants 26 UC, and completing the entire series with a tiebreaker grants 34 UC. Referees that pass DQ once (even when on Leave of Absence) are susceptible to being replaced."

"Think you can handle all that?" Birkal asks with a smile. "Let me know if you have any questions."

"UGH, SHUT UP," Maylene shouts angrily. A small crowd emerges from the shadows, their interest is piqued. "ENOUGH CHAT. LET'S GET THIS FIGHT STARTED."

Summarized:
1) Best of Series (1 vs. 1).
2) Battler with Right of Way (granted by coin flip or a loss) will determine who sends out first.
3) Can only bring one of any single type to the fight.

Last edited:

Frosty

=_=
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ice-leader-frosty-vs-challenger-p2x7.3607559/#post-7450063

Requesting subref please

Subrefs
Leader Frosty vs P2X7 (here)

No Ongoing Challenge
Leader Birkal vs Matezoide

Ongoing Challenge

Bug
- N/A
Dark
Dragon
- Quals Upcoming
- N/A
Fairy
- Closed
Fighting
- None
Fire
- N/A
Flying
- N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
Ground
- None
Ice
-
None
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Closed
Psychic
- N/A
Rock
- N/A
Steel
Water
- Closed

Challenging S0L1D G0LD for 2 APR Doubles.
Also taking Frosty and epicdrill

No Ongoing Challenge

Ongoing Challenge

Bug
- N/A
Dark
Dragon
- Quals Upcoming
- N/A
Fairy
- Closed
Fighting
- None
Fire
- N/A
Flying
- N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
Ground
- None
Ice
-
None
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Closed
Psychic
- N/A
Rock
- N/A
Steel
Water
- Closed
Unless there's a ruling somewhere that I missed when writing my arena, or I'm overruled after posting this, a variable gym format does not allow the challenger to pick said part of the rule set. I commend you for trying, but I am currently accepting battles as 3v3 Singles matches; if you would still like to fight under these conditions, I will supply the rest of the rules.

Unless there's a ruling somewhere that I missed when writing my arena, or I'm overruled after posting this, a variable gym format does not allow the challenger to pick said part of the rule set. I commend you for trying, but I am currently accepting battles as 3v3 Singles matches; if you would still like to fight under these conditions, I will supply the rest of the rules.
I'll accept a singles match, though I have to question why you have multiple formats if you're only prepared to and willing to fight in singles.

I'll accept a singles match, though I have to question why you have multiple formats if you're only prepared to and willing to fight in singles.
I'll keep this short: I am more comfortable playing in singles matches, so while I am testing my arena I will be fighting under the format that allows me to pose the greatest challenge as leader. In the near future, I will be utilizing both styles of matches, but each choice will remain decided at my discretion.

Now, let's get down to business:

3v3 Gym Singles
DQ
: 3 Days, 1 Warning. Post within an hour of disqualification to rescind it.
1 Mega
Chills/Recoveries
: 5/2
Substitutions: 3
Items: ON
Switch = OK
Z-Moves: 0
Arena: Chemical Swamp

Arena: Chemical Swamp
Field Type: Ground/Poison
Complexity: Moderate
Format: 3v3 Singles / 4v4 2APR Doubles

Restrictions:

No Grass Sources

Flavor (Disclaimer: I am not a writer):

The smell of dirt and fresh air permeates your surroundings, but by now you have grown used to the aroma. After three days of hiking, you are beginning to run low on patience, and question why you wanted to challenge this gym in the first place. After all, the leader definitely seems to be a kook of some sort, given his sporadic and random activity and peculiar taste in location. You open your map once again, a well-used and mostly-faded piece of parchment, and deduce that you mustn't be far from your destination. The guide who bestowed the chart upon you had mentioned that the gym was about four-and-a-half miles off the grid through rough terrain, and by your calculations, you wager that you'll be there by sundown. Thus, with a renewed sense of vigor, you push onward toward the fabled site.

After another hour or two or travel, you begin to notice a difference in the atmosphere. No longer do the Bug- and Flying-type Pokemon emit their cries; the familiar sounds of fauna are now replaced by an eerie silence. You also detect a peculiar odor, but it is faint enough to be unrecognizable. Several dozen meters ahead, you notice a battered sign which marks what appears to be the entrance to a camp or other private property.

As you draw close to the entryway, you are stopped dead in your tracks by the sudden intensification of the scent surrounding the area. The acrid smell is now clearly that of many harsh chemicals, a choking fog which the land before you seems to be emitting. You are now close enough to read the beat-up wooden sign, which simply states "Ground Gym. Property of Solid Gold." Covering your face with whatever rag you can find on your person, you trudge forward, determined to find the leader of this establishment and compete for your reward.

A simple dirt path leads up a shallow incline, and you follow it. The toxins in the air sti your eyes, but you are able to make out the features of the land around you. The leaves of the trees and blades of grass appear to be unusually bright, almost blinding in intensity, and stand resilient to the subtle breeze blowing through the air. In the distance you can see a good-sized lake and a small cabin, with a man standing outside and staring absentmindedly out over the water. You make your way up to the building, and the man turns in response to your approach. Your exposure to the chemicals of the land have now left you feeling faint, but you are still able to notice that the man is wearing a complex respirator, which ever-so-slightly muffles his speech as he addresses you.

"May I help you?"

In response to the man's question, you explain to him that you have traveled to challenge the gym, and that you wish to see the leader.

"That would be me," the man replies. "I am the leader of this gym. Judging by your appearance, you seem to have been worn out by the journey here, and thus would not to want any more time to be squandered. That's fine, because neither do I. Before we begin, though, we should go over the rules of the arena."

The man pauses momentarily, and walks to the edge of the water. He then turns to face you and continues his explanation.

"I'm sure that you've noticed the chemicals by now. This site was subject to devastating government tests a few decades back."

The man pauses once again, laughing dryly as he utters his next sentence.

"That's part of how I got the place for so cheap. It was bad enough before the Muk moved in, but the stuff they put in the water drew the damn things like catnip."

The man gestures to the lake behind him, and you notice that several large Muk and Grimer appear to be lurking underneath the surface of the water.

"At any rate, the lake gives off a sickening effect to those who are unable to neutralize its toxins. As a result, you'll find that most Pokemon have a harder time evading while in this environment. What's more, it seems to act as a painkiller for others, rendering them unaware of the damage they inflict upon themselves themselves when they attack. Finally, we rarely experience precipitation in these parts, and the sun seems more than willing to shine relentlessly in its place, rendering the arena in harsh sunlight."

As the man finishes his description, you begin to feel quite ill, and teeter back and forth. Noticing your condition, the leader speaks once more.

"Oh, and one last thing," he says. "If you want to last much longer here, you'll need one of these."

Reaching into his coat, the leader produces a second mask, identical to the one which he is wearing. Upon fitting it to your skull, you begin to feel better, and can clearly hear the leader's final words.

"Now, then, let us begin."

Description:

A once-verdant clearing in the thick of the White Forest, modern radioactive testing and chemical dumping has turned what was formerly a paradise for many Pokemon into a festering toxic wasteland. The arena measures approximately 25x28 square feet, and the barren landscape is pocked with dead trees and murky pools. Disguised to appear healthy, the heavily-polluted lake, located in the northwest quadrant of the arena, has been dyed an unnaturally bright shade of blue, and all forms of indigenous vegetation have been replaced by synthetic rubber alternatives.

Effects:

• Pokemon which are not Ground-types, Poison-types, or Steel-types or do not possess at least one (1) of the abilities Poison Heal, Magic Guard, or Immunity have their natural evasion stage lowered by one (1).
  • Ground-Type Pokemon do not receive recoil damage from recoil attacks. Ground-Type Pokemon in possession of the ability Rock Head reduce the energy cost of recoil attacks by two (2).
  • The default weather in the arena is Sun. In order to change the weather, a Pokemon must hold the appropriate weather stone.
  • Damaging-Evasive moves may be used to attack without entering the evasive stage. Attacks performed in this fashion are designated with the (Strike) command, and are executed at a reduced energy cost which is equal to two-thirds of the move's original value.

Codifications:

Nature Power calls Venom Drench.
Camouflage changes the user's type to Ground.
Secret Power has a 30% chance to lower Speed by one (1) stages.
Weather Ball is a Fire-Type attack.

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
each choice will remain decided at my discretion.
Alright, not one to stick my nose where it doesn't belong but this is absolute horseshit.

You're basically saying that to challenge your gym a challenger needs to have both a singles and a doubles team ready, just to be safe against whatever the wind has for your format.

deadfox081 smashlloyd20 Elevator Music
For the love of God have this righted, whether that be giving the choice to the challenger or having it be one specific format i don't really care, but this is bullshit as is.

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
Challenging Toon and his Pepper Fire Gym!

Subrefs

No Ongoing Challenge

Ongoing Challenge
Leader Solid Gold vs Ooraloo
Leader Toon vs JJayyFeather (Unaccepted)

Bug
- N/A
Dark
Dragon
- Quals Upcoming
- N/A
Fairy
- Closed
Fighting
- None
Fire
- N/A
Flying
- N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
Ground
- None
Ice
-
None
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Closed
Psychic
- N/A
Rock
- N/A
Steel
Water
- Closed

Toon

NOT A BUNNY!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Challenging Toon and his Pepper Fire Gym!

Subrefs

No Ongoing Challenge

Ongoing Challenge

Bug
- N/A
Dark
Dragon
- Quals Upcoming
- N/A
Fairy
- Closed
Fighting
- None
Fire
- N/A
Flying
- N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
Ground
- None
Ice
-
None
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Closed
Psychic
- N/A
Rock
- N/A
Steel
Water
- Closed
Uhh try again in 3 days i will most likely still be free lol

also woooaaah the OP is updated

JJayyFeather

Drifting~

"Welcome to the playroom! Things only will get more cruel as time goes on..."

Accepting zarator!

Format
3v3 Gym Singles
DQ: 72h, 2 Warnings
3 Substitutions per Pokemon
Switch: OK
Z-Moves: 1
Megas: 0
2 Recoveries / Infinite Chills per Pokemon
Gym Leader sends out first
Arena: Demon Child's Playroom
Format: Singles
Complexity: Moderate
Type: Dark

Having heard that the Dark Gym finally reopened, you hurriedly submitted a request to face him (not really), and you were quite overjoyed when your match was accepted. However, when you arrive to the gym, you quickly find that it is nothing like you have (seen before/had it described to you as), given that the opening room is no longer where the arena appears to be. While you are pondering this, a voice comes over the loudspeaker, deep and partially menacing:

"Looking for the Gym Leader are we?"

Startled, your response takes a little while, but nonetheless is a simple "Yes." The voice responds:

"He awaits you in the playroom. Just a bit forward and to the right."

You take the directions and walk into the playroom, and you are immediately startled with how large this room is, and it seems to be littered with toys everywhere. Like, everywhere. So much even people who keep dirty houses would be a little annoyed with this. You motion to move the toys around, but you stop at the sound of a voice...

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. The Demon Child who lives here would much rather you not touch its toys."

Alarmed by those words of warning, you stand back up, and are immediately confused as to why Ghetsis stands before you.

"Simple, I'm the new Dark Gym Leader. After Team Plasma fell, I needed something to do to keep me busy. Allow me to go over the rules. 3v3 singles, no megas, all that standard stuff. Additionally, the demonic aura in the room suppresses attempts to inflict pain and heal self, and also allows all things to feel the attachment to possessions that the Demon Child feels. Now, I've been waiting so long for this! Let's begin!"

Effects
- Draining Moves no longer heal the user. The EN cost of these moves has been halved to compensate. (Affected moves: Absorb, Leech Life, Mega Drain, Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Drain Punch, Dream Eater, Horn Leech, Draining Kiss, Oblivion Wing, and Parabolic Charge)
- All Pokemon have the ability Sticky Hold

Codifications
- Nature Power: Dark Pulse
- Secret Power: Flinch
- Camouflage: Dark

Subrefs

No Ongoing Challenge
Leader JJayyFeather vs zarator

Ongoing Challenge

Bug
- N/A
Dark
- N/A
Dragon
- Quals Upcoming
- N/A
Fairy
- Closed
Fighting
- None
Fire
- N/A
Flying
- N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
Ground
- None
Ice
-
None
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Closed
Psychic
- N/A
Rock
- N/A
Steel
Water
- Closed

Toon

NOT A BUNNY!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Accepting JJayyFeather

"Fear my Peppers. They’re too spicy for you to handle."
Format: 3 v 3 Gym Singles (leader b6p3)
DQ: 3 Days, 1 Warnings
Substitutions: 3 per Pokemon
Mega Evolutions: 1
Z-Moves: None
Recoveries / Chills: 2 / Infinite per Pokemon
Arena: Sacred Grove
Turn Order: Coin Flip

"You finally got accepted to challenge the Fire Gym! Hope you don't get lost!" One of the members of the Gym Committee smirks as he says this to you as they hand you the coordinates of the gym. Who even gets lost going to the a gym?

Following the instructions of the Gym League people, you rent a Gogoat, mount it and enter a strange forest. "Search for the Sound of Music", the instructions said.

"What a lousy advice. How can I find Music in these Woods?" - You say to yourself.

Still, you heard that the Fire Gym was an easy target, so you move on. Somewhere in the trail, you feel...weird, as if you were not there anymore...or as if "there" wasn't there anymore.

You and your rented Gogoat continue to move forward, following the trail. You can find footprints of many species...and yet you don't recognize any of them. Also, the woods seem to...shine? Despite being really late, there are enough sources of light around, allowing you to see your way quite clearly.

After a good hour, the trail divides into two. Before falling to despair, you manage to hear a faint sound. A song of sorts. Well...strap me a bow and call me Snubbull, music in the woods. You decide to follow it and in no time you find...

GAAAAHHH!!!

You yell, after seeing the such an odd kid. Needless to say, your Gogoat fled before you could say "what the fuck".

"Heheh, Are you looking for someone, big guy?" - The kid asks.

You look at the instructions and respond "I'm looking for a place called 'Sacred Gr-'"

The kid interrupts you, "Oh! You're here to fight the fire guy? This will be fun to watch, Tee Hee! Follow the music and look for a ruins, that'll lead you right to him!"

Before you could even thank him, he disappears in a blink of an eye. No point in wondering where the kid went, you're just ready to get your badge and never come back here again.

The music grow louder and louder and you finally spot hopefully the ruins that kid was talking about! You find the energy of excitement once again and run into the place. You shout desperately for the Gym Leader hoping you didn't waste many hours coming here with no battle.

"I'm coming, I'm coming! Jeez. Welcome to the Sacred Grove my friend! After traveling this far into the woods, you would think this was the Grass Gym huh? Well the first Fire Gym Leader tried to find this place to use it as his own arena, but unfortunately after about 14 battles he got tired of being lost in the woods and decided to go be the Ice Gym Leader. I decided to search for the temple he's been talking about since no one was too excited to help him out and what do you know! Sadly it is in ruins, but hey it's still a pretty place eh?"

You agree this place is pretty with all its shimmering greenery as well as the pixies and fairies adventuring through the woods, but at this point you don't care about his backstory and is ready to fight.

"Alright, I won't bore you any longer. Let's get this party started."

Immediately as those words leave his mouth, the fairies stopped what they were doing and became attracted to the temple.

"Looks like you got an audience to please. Don't fail to entertain them!"

Format: 3 v 3 Gym Singles (leader b6p3)
DQ: 3 Days, 1 Warnings
Substitutions: 3 per Pokemon
Mega Evolutions: 1
Z-Moves: None
Recoveries / Chills: 2 / Infinite per Pokemon
Turn Order: Coin Flip

Effects:

-All resources are available here; Water, Grass, Rock, with the exception of Fissure, Hail, and Sand(unless they have their respective stones). Don't want to damage these ruins even more by leaving a gaping crack in the middle of it.
-Grassy Terrain is always up, if another terrain is summoned, they stack together....The temple is covered in greenery grass and flowery flowers. 'nuff said.
-Hazards may not be placed and Sport moves have their duration lowered by 3 actions The Gym Leader and the Fairy audience prefer you not to place down any hazardous objects like Rocks or dangerous spikes as a fairy may accidentally trigger them and get hurt in the process...You don't want to see a group of fairies be mad at you, you've seen what a Mega Gardevoir can do.
-No flinches with the exception for Fake Out The fairies fill the temple with energy, making your Pokemon more courageous and filled with high spirits. Not a lot of things can make them shudder.
-Every Pokemon can use Dazzling Gleam The fairies have seen some of the interesting battles the old Fire Leaders in the past have had and they want to be involved as well!
-Air Lock and Cloud Nine have no effect/disabledThe constant pressure in the air of these abilities make the fairies feel restricted and uncomfortable. They'll use their own magic to counter them to be free if they need to.
-Pokemon forced out by a Switch-Forcing Move or Red Card, the Pokemon's trainer can choose which Pokemon replaces it spot The fairies' last act of kindness for the Gym Leader and Challenger is using their powers to change the effects of certain moves and item to allow the trainers to be more free and choose their own path

Codifications:

-Camouflage makes the user Grass Type
-Nature Power calls Energy Ball

-Secret Power has a 30% chance to Burn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)