Pokémon GO

oh they still haven't fixed the game giving out the correct number of balls, I didn't get gym ownership balls despite owning the gym nearly 2 days.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
wow, almost 20 people in our private group for 2 raids today. No luck on catching though I appreciate the badly needed TMs while I usually have to toss revives since I have way too many of them.

and now the pathetic spoofer that vanished for months is back.. seemingly gone form 28 to 34 in the time it has taken me to get from 33 to 35.. honestly do Niantic actually do nothing?

breh

強いだね
Failed to catch a Lugia, but still managed to beat it. It's... kind of annoying to hit, but not as bad as ttar so w/e.

It was surprisingly easy to take down; even with lag kicking people out left and right (me included, literally got kicked out with half the time left and could not rejoin through crashes lol), it still went down with few issues with only 12 people.

The lack of raid eggs is really fucking annoying; although every raid lasts for 2 hours, nobody has the patience to wait there that whole time and so you can't really know when people will get there.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
The official site says that Articuno will be disappearing from gyms in a bit, while Zapdos and Moltres will make an appearance soon. No word on Lugia.

Maybe this is a rotational thing?

and now the pathetic spoofer that vanished for months is back.. seemingly gone form 28 to 34 in the time it has taken me to get from 33 to 35.. honestly do Niantic actually do nothing?
Spoofers have never been banned. This has been stated many times.
Failed to catch a Lugia, but still managed to beat it. It's... kind of annoying to hit, but not as bad as ttar so w/e.

It was surprisingly easy to take down; even with lag kicking people out left and right (me included, literally got kicked out with half the time left and could not rejoin through crashes lol), it still went down with few issues with only 12 people.

The lack of raid eggs is really fucking annoying; although every raid lasts for 2 hours, nobody has the patience to wait there that whole time and so you can't really know when people will get there.
Thankfully that extra time really helps with legendaries, as they would otherwise be literally impossible without 20 people. I think raid eggs and timers need to be revamped in general tbh, since the system subsists on hype and hype alone.

it doesn't because there are so many of these legendary raids, organising a group is near impossible due to everyone being at different ones.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
That's in part due to the event. Tier 5s ARE confirmed start occuring with less frequency, thus allowing people to coordinate a potential legendary better.

well they were spawning more then 1's.. now they just need to get reduce the raid times back to 1h, I couldn't get in a gym today I wanted for badges, because of the 4 star raid sat on it (no chance of getting anyone).. Niantic seriously need to overhaul this system.

Apparently the bonus time is extended by 72 hours. This is good news to those who still couldn't get them.

Today I felt so accomplished. Caught CP 2047 Lugia, which means it's likely having 43/45 IV. Very nice!

True enough though, the lack of eggs made many of players scramble around in gyms unorganised....
Also, yesterday I learnt something the hard way. When one's 6-mon party is wiped out in raids (probably legendary only, haven't tried normal raids) now, they're kicked out from the raid session. This happened to me in one organised Lugia raid yesterday, making me the only one who failed the raid (not even getting the rewards). We can however run away to lobby and switch to new party, so it's recommended to bring a bulky Pokemon (Vaporeon, Lapras) in the last slot to give time to run away and switch team. Thanks to this happening, in another time we managed to avert this from happening to someone by quitting the raid altogether and restart new raid session.

Soon, when this is all over, I'll just quietly spend my time in peace soloing Vaporeon and building my dream brigade....

breh

強いだね
When one's 6-mon party is wiped out in raids (probably legendary only, haven't tried normal raids) now, they're kicked out from the raid session.
As I posted on the previous page, this wasn't the case for me. I got all mons KOed, app hangs on gym screen, restart app, app crashes the second I click the gym, restart app again, Lugia defeated by this point but yet, oddly, when I click the gym, it sits for a while on Lugia's model, then (all by itself) backs out of the gym entirely and goes back to the main game screen, but with all of the grass texture now white (with only the gym and (idr) maybe the roads)) and then begins to give me the raid rewards in this state, rolls the "you get this many balls" screen, and gives me the option to continue to attempt to catch it.

It's not the first time I've had an incredibly glitchy experience with getting the raid rewards / bonus challenge, but at least it, well, functioned for me. It sucks that this was not the case for you.

fwiw other people in my group were able to rejoin as well.

I lost all 6 of my Pokémon, but it let me back in...
Are the 100% catch rates extended as well?
I don't know either. I wasn't really awake to read what it said in the "white out" screen, but when clicking OK it returned into outside of raid and entering it will put me alone on lobby, not on the ongoing raid.

I read on the people's news, nah it's not. Welcome to the the rest of the world. At least the bonus extension is good.

Anyways, happy to catch enough Pokémon to make the $ worth it. Makes me think it's never worth spending a raid pass on Tyranitar. Or Lapras. Snorlax can have a decent chance of getting captured, and seems to be the only level 4 Raid worth using your daily raid pass on.
And nah, many of us think it's worth using even paid pass on T'tars, seeing its wide usage. At least I won't anymore as I have decent team and just do T'tar raids with daily free pass (even sacked middling IV ones to professor), but it has good usage and thus enough value to justify using a pass while we have no enough of the spawns and not spoofing to get them. At least if everyone has legendaries now I'll go for T'tars again and make better teams against Mewtwo and others.

Pokemon now change IVs if you have full bag and then come back, but its kinda useless, as you still have no control on which will you catch (you either have full bag and you miss the first one, or you have space in there and miss chance to see the second)

Lugia has about 1990CP, it kicks me out due to full bag, I make space and come back, and its suddenly 2006CP

Also, by 72 hours do you mean it ends in 24 hours (72 hours. of the bonus) or in additional 72 hours (giving us three more days)

Golem will work on all of them except Articuno (one Ice Beam and he's dead, so you will need a lot of Golems) and maybe Lugia if it has Hydro Pump
Omastar, unlike Golem, resist fire and ice with his second typing and tanks HPs better

Well, I have few S-grade Gravellers and Golems, I just need the stardusts and I'm already ready for the other birds.

Some people however still like to collect as many strong things like Ttar as possible so I'd say nah to that. I also don't have perfect one yet, although I've raised 3 S-grade Stone Edge ones (one is older than raid, Gojira eats Blissey walls greatly)
Of course if there are golem raid people will flock to it like Machamp to get Ttar counters.
Pokemon now change IVs if you have full bag and then come back, but its kinda useless, as you still have no control on which will you catch (you either have full bag and you miss the first one, or you have space in there and miss chance to see the second)

Lugia has about 1990CP, it kicks me out due to full bag, I make space and come back, and its suddenly 2006CP

Also, by 72 hours do you mean it ends in 24 hours (72 hours. of the bonus) or in additional 72 hours (giving us three more days)
i haven't tested it but I'm not sure about it. When others errored out and returned, they encounter different CP, but CP returned to first value once it is caught. So I'm not sure about that working.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Yeah OM!, 2 miles where every spoofer on the planet went so they can now have 500+ Articuno and Lugia candy lmao

Regarding the IV of legends... That doesn't work. The first CP you see for a legendary is what you are getting. Resetting or doing anything to alter it is pointless.

To be fair, now that we know how legendary raids work, longevity might be better than straight up counters. Golem is still a grade A Pokemon for Pokemon like Zapdos, Moltres, and Ho-oh, but using tanks that can live hits might be optimal as well. Tyranitar resists a lot of common stuff so it'll be good against even the likes of Moltres w/o a Rock-move. Lapras or Cloyster can be used against Lugia and Articuno due to their bulk and resists. Stuff like that.

has anyone thought of using Jynx against Lugia?

and what I mean by not giving balls properly, is I was in a gym, therefore should have gym ownership, yet got zero, instead of 2 extra.

got double candy from feeding stuff in gyms.. problem is it was a tentacruel :(

breh

強いだね
has anyone thought of using Jynx against Lugia?
It will pretty much die in one hit lol

The only thing I could get to not die in like one or two hits from sky attack was my ttar; I imagine jynx won't fare much better, even against neutral / resist charge moves

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Imo I see Blissey as poor form of a legendary raid (you can just back out if you're just not gonna do anything in the end and your mons are alive/fainted, though that can cost you Premier Balls). You can also mostly do Articuno with like 8~ high level people and Lugia with 10~ high level people. The time they give you to beat them is very generous.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
  • Articuno (Team Mystic) released on Saturday, July 22 and available through Monday, July 31.
  • Moltres (Team Valor) to be released on Monday, July 31 and available through Monday, August 7.
  • Zapdos (Team Instinct) to be released on Monday, August 7 and available through Monday, August 14.
Source: https://www.nianticlabs.com/blog/

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
While the comment was mostly for Lugia (esp Hydro Lugia, which shits on its conventional answers like Tyranitar and the hyped Golem), both of the Water/Ice s are noteworthy against Articuno for their massive resist, so their DPS will actually not be terrible. Kinda makes it moot vs it tho since Blissey can also do some DPS herself fairly well given her longevity.

I've seen people use Blissey mostly to sponge hits and for them to not attack (emphasis last), which is why I have a disliking to it. At least those with bulkier tanks like Lax dish out damage.

if staying in at the end matters, slap in the Blissey in slot 6, mine has HB anyway so can actually scratch something.

I will hear no bad words about Lanturn either, I have used that in raids before, against Blastoise :D need to power it up.. that and a Sudowoodo as backup to my Golem army

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Lanturn is really solid actually. I wouldn't power it up or anything but it's usable vs the raid bosses.

Lugia's Future Sight is definitely not the second strongest move in the game; the thing has the Attack stat of like, Xatu... iirc.

breh

強いだね
A pointless theoretical - which among Lapras, Cloyster, and Blissey is best to stick into the last slot against Articuno if you only care about time it takes to faint?

Also fuk articuno but now my dex at least has both legend shadows. Waited for people for about 30 minutes from the start of the raid and about 30ish people came, kinda crazy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)