The NFL Fantasy Football Thread, 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
cant we have an autopicked team or something? when would the draft be on tuesday if we pushed it back

if it's 9pm still or later i can def make it no problem anyway

why does a league with a $5000 pot have two autodrafted teams in the first place, let alone they drafted all non-waiver-worthy TEs
funny story, they somehow missed the live draft (saying ahead of time they were going to draft online) plus forgot to log in, yet are playing the victim card after already paying in $300. Rest of the pot is determined by real $ for waiver wire moves.

CBS Sports is a terrible fantasy football website and for some reason ranks TEs absurdly high. So autodrafting by best player available literally means picking a TE or QB every other pick :p

I'd take team 1 personally, Ryan and Cam are strong starter combos, can maybe package one with grink for a top tier WR, your RBs are risky but solid and Olsen+Rudolph is locked in value at TE or a mid range WR if you want to go that route. Definitely playable.

The quest is if you think you can get odds enough to win above the league value, if it's a 50 or 100 dollar buy in the risk-reward matrix is skewed heavily to the reward.
This is basically what I'm thinking, both teams have salvageable parts and the opportunity cost isn't that high. Plus it'd be an interesting challenge. I'd like to see the league's response if both teams end up not dropping any TEs week 1 lol

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm sorry what?

I'd literally shifted my meetings so that I could make this draft. Fucking hell.

Like 25 minutes before the draft too. That's an absolute joke.
I was waiting til the last possible minute for someone to pm me so I could get them in and still draft. Blame the 5 newcomers who I've been tagging all weekend and haven't responded. It's not like I'm doing it this way because I want to

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I was waiting til the last possible minute for someone to pm me so I could get them in and still draft. Blame the 5 newcomers who I've been tagging all weekend and haven't responded. It's not like I'm doing it this way because I want to
Shaft the guy who's been playing fantasy sports for almost a decade with smogon to appease some people who'll probably be inactive by week 3.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Shaft the guy who's been playing fantasy sports for almost a decade with smogon to appease some people who'll probably be inactive by week 3.
I'm not trying to appease anyone, I was trying my best to keep the same draft time we'd had since the beginning. I'm sorry it screwed you, it screwed everyone who planned their days around it. I paid a baby sitter to be here for my two kids so I could draft properly, so I'm out money. I've given us two more days, we should get a response by then.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I could've been finishing this eroge while my mom was out to dinner instead of hastily setting my predraft rankings. *ahem* I'd have been okay with an autodraft team I guess, assuming someone else was willing to hop into it before season start, but I dunno how that works as a commish. Sucks but mostly not WB's fault. :/

Start back working finally Wednesday but I should be on day shift until next week, so I guess I'm available through Monday (cuz that's Labor Day). You know, in case somehow we have to push it back further. Season starts next Thursday so yeah.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
I mean at this point there's not much we can do. This is part of the reason I'm finding a replacement to run this for me after this year, because I just don't have the time anymore. If I'd had more time I could have set earlier deadlines for returners so we'd have gotten replacements in by now. Again, sorry for anyone who got screwed. There will not be any more changes, if the spot isn't filled by Tuesday 45 minutes before draft time I will make an autodrafted team myself and pass it off to whoever wants it afterward. If I'd gotten back home a little earlier tonight I would have done that but I didn't so *shrug*

Stallion dropped out of the dynasty league because he couldn't make the time work but figured he'd have the other league. Guy can't catch a break ffs

Not blaming WB btw

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Stallion dropped out of the dynasty league because he couldn't make the time work but figured he'd have the other league. Guy can't catch a break ffs

Not blaming WB btw
I'm sharing a team with Del Rio in dynasty (it's being comanaged if you click on it), but yeah I couldn't own my own team because of draft times being incompatible with my schedule.

Holy shit how quick was that draft? Somethin turned up for me so wasn't able to make it, dammit, hahahahaha.

*Edit*

Holy fuck, I won DJ, but it drafted me Ware, of course.

Stallion

Tree Young
If anyone in league A wants to make a deal, I'm beyond stacked at WR but incredibly thin at RB. Joe Vincent Flacco is the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)