Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Parting Shot
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Taunt

Persian-Alola is an amazing Pokemon in this tier due to it's ability to soft check a lot of physical threats and having one the best ways to pivot around in the game in Parting Shot. I personally love this Pokemon due to how much work and support this puts in against offensive teams. An Extremely fast Taunt at 155 Speed is always appreciable due to it's utility and with so many stalls and semi-stall mons lurking in the tier. Its blazing speed also allow it to function as an amazing pivot with Parting Shot and Z-Parting Shot allows a sweeper in your team a second chance to go for the home run. Foul Play takes advantage of setup mons and deals great damage to the likes of Stoutland and Ursaring. Toxic puts everything on a timer and can actually 1v1 some mons which rely on healers and roost so mitigate status effects. Pairing it with a powerful breaker is extremely nice since it has multiple ways to come in and take reduced damage while allowing risky plays due to coming in late-game in full health again due to Z Move.

125 / 145/ 125 / 80 / 90 / 80
Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

This thing is a monstrosity and an exceptional cleaner. 125 / 125 / 90 bulk coupled with Eviolite make it withstand a lot of damage and with Bulk-Up in it's arsenal nothing really takes it on the physical side unless its an extremely powerful Super Effective Stab coming off from a Pokemon with equal power. Even Braviary's Brave Bird does not 2hko it without Bulk Up boosts (not counting choice band). The ev's give it maximum bulk to abuse along with offensive presence. Drain Punch allows Gurdurr to literally setup and not look like a duck in front of half of the metagame since it can mostly restore whatever chip it took in a matter of turn or 2. Mach Punch hits hard after some boosts and is a great priority to have. Knock Off is a necessary evil since Jellicent and other ghosts would wall otherwise, also getting rid of random eviolites helps soften up games since the likes of Clefairy might switch-in comfortably but hate loosing it's eviolite in the long run. Bulk Up is the win-con and all that Gurdurr needs and also makes it a great mid-late game cleaner. Guts furthur boosts this mon's offensive prowess since you cant really burn or status it to mitigate it since that will only bring additional pain.

115 / 155 / 105 / 95 / 105 / 152
Lycanroc @ Rockium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance
- Accelerock

At first, i thought Lycanroc only shines in Sand teams but after playing with it and incorporating it on normal teams its just as good outside of weather as it is inside it. 155 ATK is very respectable and coupling it with a blazing fast 152 Speed is amazing. It has mediocre bulk by Tier Shift standard but still enough to help setup on neutral or passive Pokemons. After an SD this thing hits ridiculously hard and can 2hko vast majority of the metagame and Rockium-Z Stone Edge at +2 straight up kills something. Fire Fang is my choice of coverage as it helps deals with pesky steels like Ferrothorn which spoil its day however, Ice Fang to deal with grounds like Hippopotas or Hippowdon is equally valid. Accelerock can either be used to pick off weakened threats or outright sweep late game if manage to setup an SD. Susceptibility to status and lack of strong coverage options really hold it back.

TL;DR Have fun sweeping and supporting

I'm new to this tier so can someone clear something out for me. The purpose of tier shift is to boost the stats of lower tier pokemon progressively in order to make more viable options. But to me, 30+ or 40+ boosts to NU or PU pokemon just seems absurd and they reach stats that put even Box legends to shame. So it just creates a meta where OU or UU mons are nearly unviable and there is NU and RU mons roaming around with ridiculous stats. So why was the +10 boost to every stat for every tier below OU selected instead of something more balanced like +5 each tier drop?
I think the first sentence on the opening page summarizes that since those boosts i think 5+ tier drop from OU before made the meta more like OU and made the scene stagnant and semi-dead since a mere 10-15 to any stat is not that noteworthy nor impacting. +30/40 to PU/NU mons might sound absurd but that is the whole premise of Tier Shift since it makes trash that is bad to use at upper tiers become the Pokemon that end up competing with Upper tier mons and performing better than them. Also, if you are gonna run a full OU team in tier shift and expect it to perform at the same level in an official tier in tier shift, then your perspective is dead wrong (its your personal choice to run whatever you want, that can't be changed but what's the point of those boosts when the teams and the games are just a repetition of OU and a mix of UU again ?) Since that is what made the meta less active i think ? Running an OU team in Tier Shift and complaining about PU teams being broken is a bad practice since you question the whole premise of the meta itself and this time we want to take a new direction instead of other gens so why not give it a try ? Also i understand your concerns with stuff like box cover legend stats and Eviolite legality since when i heard about this meta, i was constantly arguing about it too but now that i play it extensively i find the tier like a normal one, extremely powerful breakers but equally dominant defensive Pokemon and the stuff that is broken like Weather and my boy Clamperl will be kicked out if deemed broken. Last and not least OU Pokemon are still viable to the point where running them does not come with an attached opportunity cost like Mega Scizor is still a good defensive mon and even a cleaner and all the Tapu's provide terrain support which is amazing. Tapu Koko not only performs well notably against frail and passive builds but also forms a mighty core with Alolan-Raichu which is pretty good.

Again, i might not be the perfect guy to clear your doubts since i have only started playing extensive this 15-20 days and i did not exist in the Tier Shift community of past gens but i do see your perspective and where you are coming from and you might get accurate replies from more experienced users.

Last edited:
Time for another Friendly Neighborhood Dump

105 / 100 / 100 / 115 / 105 / 155
Persian-Alola @ Darkinium Z / Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Parting Shot
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Taunt

Persian-Alola is an amazing Pokemon in this tier due to it's ability to soft check a lot of physical threats and having one the best ways to pivot around in the game in Parting Shot. I personally love this Pokemon due to how much work and support this puts in against offensive teams. An Extremely fast Taunt at 155 Speed is always appreciable due to it's utility and with so many stalls and semi-stall mons lurking in the tier. Its blazing speed also allow it to function as an amazing pivot with Parting Shot and Z-Parting Shot allows a sweeper in your team a second chance to go for the home run. Foul Play takes advantage of setup mons and deals great damage to the likes of Stoutland and Ursaring. Toxic puts everything on a timer and can actually 1v1 some mons which rely on healers and roost so mitigate status effects. Pairing it with a powerful breaker is extremely nice since it has multiple ways to come in and take reduced damage while allowing risky plays due to coming in late-game in full health again due to Z Move.

125 / 145/ 125 / 80 / 90 / 80
Gurdurr @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

This thing is a monstrosity and an exceptional cleaner. 125 / 125 / 90 bulk coupled with Eviolite make it withstand a lot of damage and with Bulk-Up in it's arsenal nothing really takes it on the physical side unless its an extremely powerful Super Effective Stab coming off from a Pokemon with equal power. Even Braviary's Brave Bird does not 2hko it without Bulk Up boosts (not counting choice band). The ev's give it maximum bulk to abuse along with offensive presence. Drain Punch allows Gurdurr to literally setup and not look like a duck in front of half of the metagame since it can mostly restore whatever chip it took in a matter of turn or 2. Mach Punch hits hard after some boosts and is a great priority to have. Knock Off is a necessary evil since Jellicent and other ghosts would wall otherwise, also getting rid of random eviolites helps soften up games since the likes of Clefairy might switch-in comfortably but hate loosing it's eviolite in the long run. Bulk Up is the win-con and all that Gurdurr needs and also makes it a great mid-late game cleaner. Guts furthur boosts this mon's offensive prowess since you cant really burn or status it to mitigate it since that will only bring additional pain.

115 / 155 / 105 / 95 / 105 / 152
Lycanroc @ Rockium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance
- Accelerock

At first, i thought Lycanroc only shines in Sand teams but after playing with it and incorporating it on normal teams its just as good outside of weather as it is inside it. 155 ATK is very respectable and coupling it with a blazing fast 152 Speed is amazing. It has mediocre bulk by Tier Shift standard but still enough to help setup on neutral or passive Pokemons. After an SD this thing hits ridiculously hard and can 2hko vast majority of the metagame and Rockium-Z Stone Edge at +2 straight up kills something. Fire Fang is my choice of coverage as it helps deals with pesky steels like Ferrothorn which spoil its day however, Ice Fang to deal with grounds like Hippopotas or Hippowdon is equally valid. Accelerock can either be used to pick off weakened threats or outright sweep late game if manage to setup an SD. Susceptibility to status and lack of strong coverage options really hold it back.

TL;DR Have fun sweeping and supporting

I think the first sentence on the opening page summarizes that since those boosts i think 5+ tier drop from OU before made the meta more like OU and made the scene stagnant and semi-dead since a mere 10-15 to any stat is not that noteworthy nor impacting. +30/40 to PU/NU mons might sound absurd but that is the whole premise of Tier Shift since it makes trash that is bad to use at upper tiers become the Pokemon that end up competing with Upper tier mons and performing better than them. Also, if you are gonna run a full OU team in tier shift and expect it to perform at the same level in an official tier in tier shift, then your perspective is dead wrong (its your personal choice to run whatever you want, that can't be changed but what's the point of those boosts when the teams and the games are just a repetition of OU and a mix of UU again ?) Since that is what made the meta less active i think ? Running an OU team in Tier Shift and complaining about PU teams being broken is a bad practice since you question the whole premise of the meta itself and this time we want to take a new direction instead of other gens so why not give it a try ? Also i understand your concerns with stuff like box cover legend stats and Eviolite legality since when i heard about this meta, i was constantly arguing about it too but now that i play it extensively i find the tier like a normal one, extremely powerful breakers but equally dominant defensive Pokemon and the stuff that is broken like Weather and my boy Clamperl will be kicked out if deemed broken. Last and not least OU Pokemon are still viable to the point where running them does not come with an attached opportunity cost like Mega Scizor is still a good defensive mon and even a cleaner and all the Tapu's provide terrain support which is amazing. Tapu Koko not only performs well notably against frail and passive builds but also forms a mighty core with Alolan-Raichu which is pretty good.

Again, i might not be the perfect guy to clear your doubts since i have only started playing extensive this 15-20 days and i did not exist in the Tier Shift community of past gens but i do see your perspective and where you are coming from and you might get accurate replies from more experienced users.
What? Lycanroc doesn't get Ice Fang.

You know, I've heard a lot about Unaware being tough to get around, so may I introduce a great all-around breaker with the bulk to back it up.

Throh (M) @ Flame Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Storm Throw
- Bulk Up
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

Or if you prefer, Mold Breaker is also an option, but this set should do quite well against Quagsire and Clef, especially with poison jab. Plus, it carries a 125 in both defenses for some nice bulk. Might need work, but this mon seems good on paper.

How about absol?

105/170/100/115/100/115

-Knock off
-taunt
-wish
-toxic

Or

-Swords dance
-knock off
-superpower
-sucker punch

A few ideas I've messed around with:

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Transform

This guy doesn't change much between metagames, and it still does what it does better: revenge killing set-up sweepers and in general discouraging set-up. Has some neat, less obvious uses, such as having endless PP if you manage to get its Scarf Knocked Off (as otherwise Ditto isn't very useful vs. stall teams) and making life difficult for Sticky Web teams by allowing you to set your own. Spread is max HP and the rest oriented to a Ditto war, being as slow as possible to move last and having Defense and Attack EVs to dish out Struggles. Such a scenario is so rare that you can comfortably toy around with the IVs to get different Hidden Powers (don't really know how Hyper Training and Hidden Power interact with Ditto on Showdown since it can't naturally learn Hidden Power). Given IVs gives it Hidden Power Ice.

Virizion @ Rockium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge

Virizion can run Swords Dance or Calm Mind sets, but not many people seem to expect Rockium Z. I see the point of running Grassium / Fightinium, but Rockium Z does a good job at surprising and smashing would-be counters such as Togetic. Worth a try.

+

Veils is a bit of a high-risk high-reward playstyle, but when done right it can demolish teams. The team structure I use is Ninetales-A + 2 different set-up sweepers that complement each other and then glues to stabilize the team and provide hazard support and control.

Speaking about Aurora Veil, you can use a more hail oriented team (with Icy Rock > Light Clay) and it works surprisingly well. It's not as good as other weathers (let alone rain) but still puts into work. Aurora Veil + SD Beartic is mandatory imo, and then you can have a Blizzard abuser such as Rotom-Frost (which is already very dangerous due to its threatening STAB combo). Unlike other weathers though, you can't dedicate your entire team to the hail strategy, and your last slots should be oriented to stabilize the team and make up for the weaknesses stacked with so many Ice-types.

75/105/75/105/75/45 +40 = 115/145/115/145/115/85.

Know who Im talking about? Thats right, the sea-floor cannon, Octilery!

I was going to drop here a set, but I couldnt decide if I should post only one or all of they, so ill just post his coverage.

Physical: Bullet Seed, Double-Edge, Facade, Gunk Shot, Return, Rock Blast, Seed Bomb, Waterfall.

Special: Acid Spray, Blizzard, Energy Ball, Fire Blast, Flametrower, Flash Cannon, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump, Psychic, Scald, Signal Beam, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Surf and Water Spout.

Status: Haze, Rest, Sleep Talk, Substitute, Thunder Wave, Toxic.

The amouth of sets he can have is great: Phsical, Special, Rest Talk, Support, anything realy.

75/105/75/105/75/45 +40 = 115/145/115/145/115/85.

Know who Im talking about? Thats right, the sea-floor cannon, Octilery!

I was going to drop here a set, but I couldnt decide if I should post only one or all of they, so ill just post his coverage.

Physical: Bullet Seed, Double-Edge, Facade, Gunk Shot, Return, Rock Blast, Seed Bomb, Waterfall.

Special: Acid Spray, Blizzard, Energy Ball, Fire Blast, Flametrower, Flash Cannon, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump, Psychic, Scald, Signal Beam, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Surf and Water Spout.

Status: Haze, Rest, Sleep Talk, Substitute, Thunder Wave, Toxic.

The amouth of sets he can have is great: Phsical, Special, Rest Talk, Support, anything realy.
other than the fact that every rain sweeper outclasses it? oms aren't a place to use bad mons you like, not sorry

other than the fact that every rain sweeper outclasses it? oms aren't a place to use bad mons you like, not sorry
Are you physically capable of posting something that isn't as equally mean as it is completely vacuous? If you disagree with Octillery being viable at least give some justification instead of dropping some retarded 1-liner shitpost and insulting somebody for contributing.

Last edited:
In seriousness, Octillery looks fun. Abusing that amazing mixed movepool sounds fun, but I'm only concerned if it'd suffer in the wake of stronger, more specialized offensive mons like Virizion, Meloetta, and, hell, other Water types.

Speaking of other Water Types!

140/130/170/85/105/95 (Rock Head, Swift Swim, Sturdy)

Looks appealing immediately from that bulk, fairly unique typing that has a far few weaknesses, resistances, and a bit of offensive prowess, and those abilities. Relicanth can situate itself onto a series of roles, from a suicide Head Smash/Stealth Rock with Sturdy lead, designed to Head Smash itself to death before an opponent is capable of getting in a defogger able to take on Relicanth (A rarity, but Lurantis and Skuntank can take a single hit at least.); a Swift Swim abuser that relies on clicking Waterfall and Head Smash until it dies to smash holes into anything that doesn't naturally resist its STABs, or just a straight-up Choice Banded Head Smasher with Rock Head. Notice one similarity? Head Smash. This god-blessed move is awesome, meaning that you have a stronger move than Stone Edge onto something that really likes having said move. Relicanth struggles against things that can resist Head Smash, such as notably any fighting type in existence, although Steels have to watch out for an Earthquake if they want to switch in. Virizion is a direct counter except to extremely gimmicky Z-Psychium Zen Headbutt sets, but if you are willing to do that, I honestly have all of respect for you (Best use Swift Swim to outspeed Virizion in that case.)

252+ Atk Relicanth Shattered Psyche (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Virizion: 376-444 (98.1 - 115.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Relicanth Shattered Psyche (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Virizion: 344-406 (89.8 - 106%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (37.5% without)

im sorry this picture was too great to NOT include

114/148/173/123/105/72 (Sturdy, Solid Rock, Swift Swim)

Look at that, another Water/Rock type with Sturdy, Swift Swim, a somewhat low base speed for the tier, and a Mon that I really like! Carracosta just clicks Shell Smash for its gimmick and tries to click Stone Edge and Waterfall to break through things. What it has over the two other Water-Type Shell Smashers, Clamperl and Huntail, is that Clamperl is a special attacker, while Carracosta is a Physical breaker, and Huntail lacks a Rock typing and has far worse bulk to set up than Carracosta. While pretty much a worse Relicanth besides hitting ever so slightly harder, Swift Swim is possible to meme with alongside Shell Smash in order to become practically unoutspeedable, making even things such as Scarf Electrode cry. Too bad you really won't see anything bar Sturdy, since a Fighting and Grass weakness here really hurts. cough virizion cough.

EDIT: Changed bc head smash has 80% accuracy, I'm a fraud

Last edited:
In seriousness, Octillery looks fun. Abusing that amazing mixed movepool sounds fun, but I'm only concerned if it'd suffer in the wake of stronger, more specialized offensive mons like Virizion, Meloetta, and, hell, other Water types.

Speaking of other Water Types!

140/130/170/85/105/95 (Rock Head, Swift Swim, Sturdy)

Looks appealing immediately from that bulk, fairly unique typing that has a far few weaknesses, resistances, and a bit of offensive prowess, and those abilities. Relicanth can situate itself onto a series of roles, from a suicide Head Smash/Stealth Rock with Sturdy lead, designed to Head Smash itself to death before an opponent is capable of getting in a defogger able to take on Relicanth (A rarity, but Lurantis and Skuntank can take a single hit at least.); a Swift Swim abuser that relies on clicking Waterfall and Head Smash until it dies to smash holes into anything that doesn't naturally resist its STABs, or just a straight-up Choice Banded Head Smasher with Rock Head. Notice one similarity? Head Smash. This god-blessed move is awesome, meaning that you have a stronger move than Stone Edge onto something that really likes having said move. Relicanth struggles against things that can resist Head Smash, such as notably any fighting type in existence, although Steels have to watch out for an Earthquake if they want to switch in. Virizion is a direct counter except to extremely gimmicky Z-Psychium Zen Headbutt sets, but if you are willing to do that, I honestly have all of respect for you (Best use Swift Swim to outspeed Virizion in that case.)

252+ Atk Relicanth Shattered Psyche (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Virizion: 376-444 (98.1 - 115.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Relicanth Shattered Psyche (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Virizion: 344-406 (89.8 - 106%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (37.5% without)

im sorry this picture was too great to NOT include

114/148/173/123/105/72 (Sturdy, Solid Rock, Swift Swim)

Look at that, another Water/Rock type with Sturdy, Swift Swim, a somewhat low base speed for the tier, and a Mon that I really like! Carracosta just clicks Shell Smash for its gimmick and tries to click Stone Edge and Waterfall to break through things. What it has over the two other Water-Type Shell Smashers, Clamperl and Huntail, is that Clamperl is a special attacker, while Carracosta is a Physical breaker, and Huntail lacks a Rock typing and has far worse bulk to set up than Carracosta. While pretty much a worse Relicanth besides hitting ever so slightly harder, Swift Swim is possible to meme with alongside Shell Smash in order to become practically unoutspeedable, making even things such as Scarf Electrode cry. Too bad you really won't see anything bar Sturdy, since a Fighting and Grass weakness here really hurts. cough virizion cough.

EDIT: Changed bc head smash has 80% accuracy, I'm a fraud
Carracosta have some legendary stats, realy. 114/173/105 at the defenses?
Lugia, one of the bulkiest pokémons out there, have 106/130/154. It has more HP and Defense than lugia!

Carracosta have some legendary stats, realy. 114/173/105 at the defenses?
Lugia, one of the bulkiest pokémons out there, have 106/130/154. It has more HP and Defense than lugia!
well lugia is a specially oriented tank, and it has multiscale and reliable recovery
and this in an OM
i mean, even in normal pokemon Rhyperior is more physically bulky than Lugia
but yeah that's pretty good

I would advice everyone to back off and hide, we bringing in pure unadulterated heat now

+

75 / 104 / 125 / 114 / 95 / 72

Clamperl @ Deep Sea Tooth
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

This thing is one the hardest hitters and sweepers currently and is one of the most devastating threats despite not having some box cover stats and bulk with respect to Tier Shift for the sole reason that it's item "Deep Sea Tooth" is legal and this makes the mon bonkers. Even unboosted this beast has 654 Sp. Atk with is more than capable to grab some Ko'es but once this thing sets up a shell smash its almost gg if you are not packing Pyukumuku or a hard special wall. After a shell smash, it hits 1308 special attack and 534 speed enabling to outspeed most of the metagame and also a good chance of ko'ing all of them after hazards. Shell Smash is sweep city, Surf is destructive unboosted and your kill button after smash boosts also burn is sweet if something just survives somehow, Ice Beam hits grounds and bulky grass types that think they can come in and hidden power grass helps deal with quagsire, lanturn and pyukumuku which would wall otherwise. This coverage means little to nothing switches in on this monster and even if something does, it barely lives the next move. Again this is indeed frail but works and can sweep anytime in the game if played properly and if used with support like screens or veil......GG. One of the most borderline pokes currently and i hope it or it's item gets banned early after release.

Little Monster is action:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7tiershift-127032

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7tiershift-128041

TL;DR Beware and have fun until it lasts.

IMG_0020.PNG

Dont yall sleep on this bird looka these stats

90/140/100/90/90/140

140 atk and speed.

This thing also gets access to sd and one of the best physical flying stabs in brave bird. And if you think your petty steels wall it , think again , this things gets jump kick. Also with z moves in gen 7 this things muscles pass anything that may try and stop its rain off terror (except maybe pyukumuku or quag , they thicc )

Eviolite Walls Quiver

Dodrio @ Flyinium Z/Fightinium z
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Swords Dance
- Jump Kick

After a swords dance z bb takes a huge chunk out of anything that doesnt resist or that isnt named pyukumuku. I may not have the calcs but it is tested and proven to deal at least 70% dmg to premier eviolite walls such as ferroseed and clefairy. Back when tangela was still alllow d it even nuked that out of existence. After its done dealing with your walls it can proceed to rekt anything your team that isnt over base 140 speed. Dont sleep on this monster , it will turn your walls to dust.

I would consider Mirror Move over SD, not only because it creates the funnest Z-move in the game, but 140 Speed makes Dodrio one of the best users of the move given the revenge-killing potential against offensive teams. It's also a good counter-measure against types that would give it trouble as it unlocks some coverage Dodrio normally lacks, boosted by +2 Attack and turned into a Z-move.

I would consider Mirror Move over SD, not only because it creates the funnest Z-move in the game, but 140 Speed makes Dodrio one of the best users of the move given the revenge-killing potential against offensive teams. It's also a good counter-measure against types that would give it trouble as it unlocks some coverage Dodrio normally lacks, boosted by +2 Attack and turned into a Z-move.
Even if you say that in any case possible , i still see mirror move as a meme on par with z splash. And beaides to bust a strong z move with z mirror move it still depends on what the opponent has used prior, so if the opponent may have just used a status move, a weak move, or a zmove that the mon already exists then it becomes situational at best (in my opinion). Also i prefer a mon I can swap out freely if the opponent sends in something that can counter it.

I would advice everyone to back off and hide, we bringing in pure unadulterated heat now

+

75 / 104 / 125 / 114 / 95 / 72

Clamperl @ Deep Sea Tooth
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

This thing is one the hardest hitters and sweepers currently and is one of the most devastating threats despite not having some box cover stats and bulk with respect to Tier Shift for the sole reason that it's item "Deep Sea Tooth" is legal and this makes the mon bonkers. Even unboosted this beast has 654 Sp. Atk with is more than capable to grab some Ko'es but once this thing sets up a shell smash its almost gg if you are not packing Pyukumuku or a hard special wall. After a shell smash, it hits 1308 special attack and 534 speed enabling to outspeed most of the metagame and also a good chance of ko'ing all of them after hazards. Shell Smash is sweep city, Surf is destructive unboosted and your kill button after smash boosts also burn is sweet if something just survives somehow, Ice Beam hits grounds and bulky grass types that think they can come in and hidden power grass helps deal with quagsire, lanturn and pyukumuku which would wall otherwise. This coverage means little to nothing switches in on this monster and even if something does, it barely lives the next move. Again this is indeed frail but works and can sweep anytime in the game if played properly and if used with support like screens or veil......GG. One of the most borderline pokes currently and i hope it or it's item gets banned early after release.

Little Monster is action:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7tiershift-127032

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7tiershift-128041

TL;DR Beware and have fun until it lasts.
Ok, ok..... this shell is way too unmanageable right now. It doesn't even require buffs to absolutely annihilate would-be counters. Yes, it's walled by Pyukumuku, but Pyuk is way too passive for offense archetypes. In offense, you have Jynx and Ludicolo, and both of which pretty much die after a little prior damage.

• +2 252 SpA Deep Sea Tooth Clamperl Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Ludicolo: 266-313 (76 - 89.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock better add some HP EVs to your offensive ludis, people!
  • +2 252 SpA Deep Sea Tooth Clamperl Hidden Power Grass vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Jynx: 184-217 (52.4 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Ludicolo is not a very good check outside of rain, as you can see. Meanwhile, Jynx often has to rely on Lovely Kiss's terrible accuracy to counter it. Z Lovely Kiss does allow Jynx to to outspeed Clamperl, however. This gives Jynx a decent chance of countering it, as an unboosted Psychic has a 43.8 % chance of OHKOing it as well. So Jynx will only lose if it fails to put it to sleep and fails to OHKO Clamperl with Psychic. Even Gogoat, who boasts 163 base HP and 121 SpD (which is even higher special bulk than Lugia) fails to survive a +2 Ice Beam from Clamperl. Offense basically has nothing for Clamperl. It's an extremely oppressive force in the current metagame. Offense needs a passive check or the aforementioned Pokemon listed above. Stall needs Pyukumuku, Ferroseed or Slowking in every single team. And if you're relying on a choice scarfer to deal with it, get ready to lose to the potential defensive backbone behind Clamperl. That, or it'll just OHKO your switch-in after Stealth Rock instead of using Shell Smash.

• 252 SpA Deep Sea Tooth Clamperl Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Oricorio-Electric: 247-292 (66.5 - 78.7%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252 SpA Deep Sea Tooth Clamperl Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Fan: 256-302 (79.7 - 94%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Let's not forget it actually has 125 BASE DEFENSE. Good luck OHKOing it with a scarfer. Rattle is also very annoying. If Clamperl gets hit by a random U-turn, its speed will get boosted to a respectable 400. If its speed reaches +3, good luck outspeeding it with anything other than Swift Swim Pokemon. Its only issue is that it relies on Hidden Power Grass or Electric to deal with its passive counters. However, even Pyukumuku loses over 40% of its HP from Hidden Power.

Clearly, Deep Sea Tooth breaks it. Never before have we seen a sweeper that can outspeed the vast majority of the metagame after one boost, OHKO almost everything, and OHKO would-be checks. It's way too good at what it does.

I don't want Tier Shift to be overrun with threats such as Clamperl this OMoTM, so now is the time to take action. I am in full support of quick banning Clamperl or Deep Sea Tooth. I implore everyone to discuss whether Clamperl should be banned or not, and if you agree, give this post a like to help us quantify how much support this decision would garner.

Just b/c I like tropius:
HP139Atk 108Def 123SpA 112SpD 127Spe 91
BST700

Tropius @ Lum Berry
Ability: Harvest
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Roost
- Natural Gift

With this set you are basically immune to status. Natural Gift allows you to have a base 80 flying stab with lum berry.

Ok, ok..... this shell is way too unmanageable right now. It doesn't even require buffs to absolutely annihilate would-be counters. Yes, it's walled by Pyukumuku, but Pyuk is way too passive for offense archetypes. In offense, you have Jynx and Ludicolo, and both of which pretty much die after a little prior damage.

• +2 252 SpA Deep Sea Tooth Clamperl Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Ludicolo: 266-313 (76 - 89.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock better add some HP EVs to your offensive ludis, people!
  • +2 252 SpA Deep Sea Tooth Clamperl Hidden Power Grass vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Jynx: 184-217 (52.4 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Ludicolo is not a very good check outside of rain, as you can see. Meanwhile, Jynx often has to rely on Lovely Kiss's terrible accuracy to counter it. Z Lovely Kiss does allow Jynx to to outspeed Clamperl, however. This gives Jynx a decent chance of countering it, as an unboosted Psychic has a 43.8 % chance of OHKOing it as well. So Jynx will only lose if it fails to put it to sleep and fails to OHKO Clamperl with Psychic. Even Gogoat, who boasts 163 base HP and 121 SpD (which is even higher special bulk than Lugia) fails to survive a +2 Ice Beam from Clamperl. Offense basically has nothing for Clamperl. It's an extremely oppressive force in the current metagame. Offense needs a passive check or the aforementioned Pokemon listed above. Stall needs Pyukumuku, Ferroseed or Slowking in every single team. And if you're relying on a choice scarfer to deal with it, get ready to lose to the potential defensive backbone behind Clamperl. That, or it'll just OHKO your switch-in after Stealth Rock instead of using Shell Smash.

• 252 SpA Deep Sea Tooth Clamperl Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Oricorio-Electric: 247-292 (66.5 - 78.7%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252 SpA Deep Sea Tooth Clamperl Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Fan: 256-302 (79.7 - 94%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Let's not forget it actually has 125 BASE DEFENSE. Good luck OHKOing it with a scarfer. Rattle is also very annoying. If Clamperl gets hit by a random U-turn, its speed will get boosted to a respectable 400. If its speed reaches +3, good luck outspeeding it with anything other than Swift Swim Pokemon. Its only issue is that it relies on Hidden Power Grass or Electric to deal with its passive counters. However, even Pyukumuku loses over 40% of its HP from Hidden Power.

Clearly, Deep Sea Tooth breaks it. Never before have we seen a sweeper that can outspeed the vast majority of the metagame after one boost, OHKO almost everything, and OHKO would-be checks. It's way too good at what it does.

I don't want Tier Shift to be overrun with threats such as Clamperl this OMoTM, so now is the time to take action. I am in full support of quick banning Clamperl or Deep Sea Tooth. I implore everyone to discuss whether Clamperl should be banned or not, and if you agree, give this post a like to help us quantify how much support this decision would garner.
Most offensive ways of checking Clamperl can also fail if Clamperl is behind Aurora Veil, being a set-up sweeper with Shell Smash Clamperl is definitely not a misfit in that kind of teams.

Deleted User 350996

Banned deucer.
To begin with, hello everyone !
I've played Tier Shift some months ago and this meta was very interesting, allowing to use some lower-tier mons better. I'm almost sure that the boost were +5/+10/+15/+20 in ORAS but ok ! I'd like to give my modest contribution.

It seems to me that the PU's Pokémon are really dangerous for 2 main reasons:
- +40 in each stats is really huge, it's basically better than (mega)evolving !
- EVIOLITE.

Here some examples of 'mega-babies' :

1. Clefairy
: 110/85/88/100/105/75 - (BST=563) + Eviolite
>> Just remember that Clefable is 95/73/90. Both CM Set or utility with Rocks and Knock Off are more than good.

2. Ferroseed:
84/90/131/64/126/50 - (BST=545) + Eviolite
>> It's very nice for hazard stacking.

3. Quagsire:
135/125/125/105/105/75 - (BST=670)
>> Being in PU right now is a blessing for Quag'.

4. Sableye:
90/
115/115/105/105/90 - (BST=620)
>>M-Sableye is 50/85/125/85/115/20 BST=480; it has better defenses by only 10 while regular Sableye has more HP by +40 and keeps Prankster and Lefties).

5. Gurdurr:
125/145/125
/80/90/80 - BST=645 + Eviolite
>> Just a godlike Conkeldurr, which became excellent with the nerf of burn. Now, it's even more bulky and can use Bulk Up. What else ?

And remember you can even use Aurora Veil. So my conclusion is that Eviolite should be definitely banned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)