BH Balanced Hackmons

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Here's a fun little set to wall and OHKO most pdon sets.

Leavanny @ Waterium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spore
- U-turn
- Steam Eruption
- Thousand Waves / Milk Drink / Stealth Rock

Leavanny outspeeds all non-boosted pdons and can eat its stabs.
252 Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Leavanny: 57-67 (16.1 - 18.9%) -- possible 6HKO

It can fire off a hydro vortex for an ohko:
252 SpA Leavanny Hydro Vortex (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Groudon-Primal: 416-492 (102.9 - 121.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

This set loses to mold breaker sets of course, and only really exists to neuter pdons.
(this is my first write-up on here, lmk what you think)
Primordial Sea Swadloon was a meme Pdon counter last gen (Swadloon cuz Eviolite). It was bad then and is bad now.

Phat Albert is right there are better pdon checks.

Just spam imposters

I've been using two contrary pokemon, two imposters, a prankster haze zygarde, and a magic bouncing hazard setter.
It's gotten me to the high 1200s, which is probably not great.

Do any of you have advice?

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just spam imposters

I've been using two contrary pokemon, two imposters, a prankster haze zygarde, and a magic bouncing hazard setter.

first off welcome to smogon!

contrary is a useful ability but it's pretty susceptible to imposter. if your check to that is prankster haze zyg, then you'll have some trouble breaking opposing zyg. there are some anti-imposter contrary sets made by my boi fsk: v create / fleur cannon / judgment / shore up or sunsteel strike primal groudon with earth plate and v create / leaf storm / judgment / shore up draco plate mega rayquaza are two examples; imposter doesn't copy the plate so you can outdamage them and win the 1v1.

a magic bounce hazard setter sounds extremely susceptible to imposter switching in, core enforcer can help you catch it on the switch so you can set up hazards while they can't do the same. if you use iron ball, you can prevent them from removing your ability as well (core enforcer only removes abilities if the user goes second)

if you want a more in-depth rate, i'd recommend posting the importable of the team (click the "import/export" button in the teambuilder, copy and paste the team here).

i hope that was useful

Just spam imposters

Make a team with a check for physical pdon, special pdon, and sheer force life orb pdon and realize that you just made a stall team.

But jokes aside you want to not run hyper offense, 2 imposter mons is usually excessive. Contrary needs time to snowball while other sets are strong from the get-go. Take a visit the BH Central and pick some mons and make a balance team to get you started.

EDIT: Wow, got sniped by Silver_Lucario42 I see
But what he said was true, although I would try not to use Primal Groudon as your contrary mon as that can be a little obvious since people at least expect it's going to be imposter. I would suggest Mega Rayquaza instead since people tend to expect it to be Aerilate or similar most of the time.

Last edited:
This is a really cool MMX set that I think is very interesting:
Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Mewtwonite Y
Ability: Queenly Majesty/Dazzling/Psychic Surge
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Close Combat
- Moongeist Beam

Mewtwonite Y allows you to Mega Evolve into MMY, gaining a speed boost and a power boost on Stored Power and Moongeist Beam. This allows you to OHKO the imposter assuming you Smashed and used Close Combat before.
+2 252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Stored Power (140 BP) vs. -2 252 HP / 252- SpD Assault Vest Mewtwo-Mega-X: 727-856 (103.2 - 121.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
AV to simulate Eviolite.
Advantages over Focus Sash include not affected by chip damage, also can switch into certain moves meant to target MMX and tank it (ex. Opposing Stored Powers)

Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Close Combat
- Moongeist Beam

Mewtwonite Y allows you to Mega Evolve into MMY, gaining a speed boost and a power boost on Stored Power and Moongeist Beam. This allows you to OHKO the imposter assuming you Smashed and used Close Combat before.
+2 252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Stored Power (140 BP) vs. -2 252 HP / 252- SpD Assault Vest Mewtwo-Mega-X: 727-856 (103.2 - 121.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
AV to simulate Eviolite.
Advantages over Focus Sash include not affected by chip damage, also can switch into certain moves meant to target MMX and tank it (ex. Opposing Stored Powers)
all of that is technically true but that set does have some serious drawbacks, like not having specsurge mmy's immediate power, how post-mega it is screwed over both by haze and imposter switching out and back in, and how it relies on imp not coming in the turn after you smash.
still though, it's an interesting idea.

SomeIrish Silver_Lucario42
Thanks! The draco plate + judgement seems like a pretty good method of winning, but I think I'd still have trouble with scarfers.
I carry two imposters for a simple reason: one has scarf and one has eviolite. This means that if there's a pokemon who relies on healing along with other moves (e.g. A shore up zygarde) I can use the eviolite imposter, but I can use the scarf imposter if I'm getting swept by a dangerous statbooster.
Neither of my contraries is primal groudon, one is a mrayquaza and one is an arceus.
I don't have the arceus for any reason in particular, but it has good all-around stats, and is immune to spectral thief. I also give both arceii (my other being the hazard setter) arceus-ghost, which gives the illusion of immunity to fighting and weakness to ghost. It's certainly cheap, but it works.(sometimes if the opponent is a noob)

EDIT:

Would it work to use two voltturners+regenerator+haze+another move? I like novelty teams a lot.

Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Close Combat
- Moongeist Beam

AV to simulate Eviolite.
I've also seen versions of this set that have Spore, as MMY's base ability is Insomnia so they can put the opponent to sleep but not be put to sleep themselves. However, this set's anti imposter mechanism relies on being faster than the Imposter always, but the speed boost of mega evolving doesn't beat Scarf Chansey (unlike Quick Feet, for example, which ties with Scarf Chans, or Unburden, which beats it), so Scarf Chans is a really good answer to that sort of thing. Also, as jrm said, there are some pretty common hard counters to this sort of set.

SomeIrish Silver_Lucario42
Thanks! The draco plate + judgement seems like a pretty good method of winning, but I think I'd still have trouble with scarfers.
I carry two imposters for a simple reason: one has scarf and one has eviolite. This means that if there's a pokemon who relies on healing along with other moves (e.g. A shore up zygarde) I can use the eviolite imposter, but I can use the scarf imposter if I'm getting swept by a dangerous statbooster.
Neither of my contraries is primal groudon, one is a mrayquaza and one is an arceus.
I don't have the arceus for any reason in particular, but it has good all-around stats, and is immune to spectral thief. I also give both arceii (my other being the hazard setter) arceus-ghost, which gives the illusion of immunity to fighting and weakness to ghost. It's certainly cheap, but it works.(sometimes if the opponent is a noob)

EDIT:

Would it work to use two voltturners+regenerator+haze+another move? I like novelty teams a lot.
The problem with running two imposters is that it leaves very little room for a defensive core if you plan on having more than one offensive pokemon. Speaking of offense, Arceus is almost always a mediocre choice compared to most other popular pokes, the decent all around stats don't really compare to pokemon like mewtwos, pdon, and mega rayquaza which can deal some damage from neutral.

As for your voltturn idea, it's actually fairly common to have voltturn and a regenvest although if you want your regenerator mon to stop setup you should use topsy turvy or spectral thief instead. And if you want a novelty mon then try giving something soundproof and anchor shot to pp stall imposters if you trap them and surprise mega Diancie

The problem with running two imposters is that it leaves very little room for a defensive core if you plan on having more than one offensive pokemon. Speaking of offense, Arceus is almost always a mediocre choice compared to most other popular pokes, the decent all around stats don't really compare to pokemon like mewtwos, pdon, and mega rayquaza which can deal some damage from neutral.

As for your voltturn idea, it's actually fairly common to have voltturn and a regenvest although if you want your regenerator mon to stop setup you should use topsy turvy or spectral thief instead. And if you want a novelty mon then try giving something soundproof and anchor shot to pp stall imposters if you trap them and surprise mega Diancie
Are defensive cores necessary for a good team? Just wondering.

Are defensive cores necessary for a good team? Just wondering.
For defensive and balanced teams, pretty much yes. And probably bulky offense too in a sense. Hyper offense... its my worst play style, so grain of salt here, but your offensive core is more important.

Getting a defensive core isn't too difficult, however. For example, Solgaleo and Yveltal make for a good core since they share no weaknesses and can switch in on threats to each other. Solgaleo blocks Rock, Ice, and Fairy moves aimed at Yveltal while Yveltal can take Dark, Ghost, and most Ground moves aimed at Solgaleo. That's just a basic two-mon core, and not a perfect one since Yveltal's Electric weakness and Solgaleo's Fire weakness are unaddressed (but most cores aren't perfect anyway, especially with just two). You can spread it out to three or more Pokemon, you can have separate, synergized cores in the team, or even have Pokemon that double as both part of an offensive and a defensive core (Primaldon is particularly good at this.)

Learning how to build cores is an important team building skill and applies pretty much to every meta whether it, VGC, official Smogon, Smogon OM, or other, off-site metas you might participate in. But the basics aren't too hard to understand. Unless you're a complete and total noob at all things Pokemon, you've probably attempted to make them, even if it was as simple as "I should get a Water-type to cover for my starter's weaknesses."

For defensive and balanced teams, pretty much yes. And probably bulky offense too in a sense. Hyper offense... its my worst play style, so grain of salt here, but your offensive core is more important.

Getting a defensive core isn't too difficult, however. For example, Solgaleo and Yveltal make for a good core since they share no weaknesses and can switch in on threats to each other. Solgaleo blocks Rock, Ice, and Fairy moves aimed at Yveltal while Yveltal can take Dark, Ghost, and most Ground moves aimed at Solgaleo. That's just a basic two-mon core, and not a perfect one since Yveltal's Electric weakness and Solgaleo's Fire weakness are unaddressed (but most cores aren't perfect anyway, especially with just two). You can spread it out to three or more Pokemon, you can have separate, synergized cores in the team, or even have Pokemon that double as both part of an offensive and a defensive core (Primaldon is particularly good at this.)

Learning how to build cores is an important team building skill and applies pretty much to every meta whether it, VGC, official Smogon, Smogon OM, or other, off-site metas you might participate in. But the basics aren't too hard to understand. Unless you're a complete and total noob at all things Pokemon, you've probably attempted to make them, even if it was as simple as "I should get a Water-type to cover for my starter's weaknesses."
And SomeIrish:

Thanks for your advice!

Anyone want to play a game of bh on showdown? PM me(on the forum) if so.

Balanced Hackmons is one of my favourite MetaGames, these are the Pokemon i use to defeat people easily. Just saying, i got some of these pokemon ideas from others. So not all of these ideas were mine.

#1 Pokemon (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Roseli Berry
Ability: Contrary
Shiny: Yes
Hasty Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Draco Meteor

This Pokemon can destroy others easily with it's ability Contrary. So it can set up while using really powerful moves. Dragon Ascent for boosting up your defences, otherwise you can switch it to a more powerful move. This Pokemon is powerful with intense moves that can cripple teams easily. Although this pokemon is powerful, it can easily get destroyed by Ice types.

Set Up (Deoxys-Speed) @ Focus Sash/Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Spore
- Spikes

This Prankster Deoxys-S can set up easily with non-dark or non-dazzling pokemon. You have a chance of successfully setting up with Spore, plus Toxic Spikes that gives Toxic to the opponent, Stealth Rock for those Flying threats, and Spikes just for extra damage. Deoxys-S is essential if you want to cripple the opponent team easier.

Slaking @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Illusion
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Gunk Shot
- Play Rough

This guy is my favourite member of the team. With Illusion, it can trick any team to use other not effective moves. With belly drum and Extreme Speed, Slaking can pretty much sweep any pokemon which is not Ghost type. And ghost types are pretty uncommon in BH. Play Rough is for those other dangerous dragon sweepers like Mega Rayquaza. And finally gunk shot for killing those Fairy types that prevent Dragon sweepers. Slaking is boss if you ask me.

The Boss (Celesteela) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spectral Thief
- Core Enforcer
- Beak Blast
- U-turn

Celesteela is literally the defence boss. With Core Enforcer to deal with those Dragon Sweepers and disable those useful abilities that help them set up, Spectral Thief for stealing boosts, Beak Blast for dealing massive damage to the opponent and burning those Physical Attackers which are really common in BH, and U-Turn if it ever needs to recover some HP and deal damage to the opponent at the same time.

Killer (Yveltal) @ White Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 248 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stored Power
- Shell Smash
- Sunsteel Strike
- Power Trip

This Yveltal is fully offensive it's Shell Smash plus White Herb. And the Unburden ability for when the white herb is gone. This guy has some pretty good stats after that. Then it can Sweep opponents with Power Trip and Stored Power, and Sunsteel Strike for those annoying fairy types.

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Psystrike
- Moongeist Beam
- Quiver Dance

This Mewtwo is literally a good Special Attacker, and a good defender at the same time. With Psychic Surge to protect itself from massive damage, Psystrike for those poor physical defenders, Moongeist Beam for other Psychic threats, Oblivion Wing for if this Pokemon is low on HP, and finally Quiver Dance for setting up a sweep. I do not think anyone can even escape this boss!

Finally, i am going to explain this team's weaknesses. I have experimented with this team, and it can get badly rejected by Heart Swap if Celesteela is dead, and it is vulnerable to Transform users. Slaking can get badly damaged by those strong moves like Double Edge, Close Combat, V-Create, and those moves prevents Slaking from setting up Belly Drum. This team is also very weak to Dazzling, since Belly Drum Slaking requires speed, and it's only powerful move that often goes first is Extreme Speed. Magic Bounce is a really big problem for Deoxys-S as well, so i am thinking about switching Deoxys-S for something else.

Last edited:
Balanced Hackmons is one of my favourite MetaGames, these are the Pokemon i use to defeat people easily. Just saying, i got some of these pokemon ideas from others. So not all of these ideas were mine.
#1 Pokemon (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Roseli Berry
Ability: Contrary
Hasty Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Draco Meteor

This Pokemon can destroy others easily with it's ability Contrary. So it can set up while using really powerful moves. Dragon Ascent for boosting up your defences, otherwise you can switch it to a more powerful move. This Pokemon is powerful with intense moves that can cripple teams easily. Although this pokemon is powerful, it can easily get destroyed by Ice types.

Set Up (Deoxys-Speed) @ Focus Sash/Sitrus Berry
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Spore
- Spikes

This Prankster Deoxys-S can set up easily with non-dark or non-dazzling pokemon. You have a chance of successfully setting up with Spore, plus Toxic Spikes that gives Toxic to the opponent, Stealth Rock for those Flying threats, and Spikes just for extra damage. Deoxys-S is essential if you want to cripple the opponent team easier.

Slaking @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Illusion
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Gunk Shot
- Play Rough

This guy is my favourite member of the team. With Illusion, it can trick any team to use other not effective moves. With belly drum and Extreme Speed, Slaking can pretty much sweep any pokemon which is not Ghost type. And ghost types are pretty uncommon in BH. Play Rough is for those other dangerous dragon sweepers like Mega Rayquaza. And finally gunk shot for killing those Fairy types that prevent Dragon sweepers. Slaking is boss if you ask me.

The Boss (Celesteela) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spectral Thief
- Core Enforcer
- Beak Blast
- U-turn

Celesteela is literally the defence boss. With Core Enforcer to deal with those Dragon Sweepers and disable those useful abilities that help them set up, Spectral Thief for stealing boosts, Beak Blast for dealing massive damage to the opponent and burning those Physical Attackers which are really common in BH, and U-Turn if it ever needs to recover some HP and deal damage to the opponent at the same time.

Killer (Yveltal) @ White Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 248 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stored Power
- Shell Smash
- Sunsteel Strike
- Power Trip

This Yveltal is fully offensive it's Shell Smash plus White Herb. And the Unburden ability for when the white herb is gone. This guy has some pretty good stats after that. Then it can Sweep opponents with Power Trip and Stored Power, and Sunsteel Strike for those annoying fairy types.

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Terrain Extender
Modest Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Psystrike
- Moongeist Beam
- Quiver Dance

This Mewtwo is literally a good Special Attacker, and a good defender at the same time. With Psychic Surge to protect itself from massive damage, Psystrike for those poor physical defenders, Moongeist Beam for other Psychic threats, Oblivion Wing for if this Pokemon is low on HP, and finally Quiver Dance for setting up a sweep. I do not think anyone can even escape this boss!

Finally, i am going to explain this team's weaknesses. I have experimented with this team, and it can get badly rejected by Heart Swap if Celesteela is dead, and it is vulnerable to Transform users. Slaking can get badly damaged by those strong moves like Double Edge, Close Combat, V-Create, and those moves prevents Slaking from setting up Belly Drum. This team is also very weak to Dazzling, since Belly Drum Slaking requires speed, and it's only powerful move that often goes first is Extreme Speed. Magic Bounce is a really big problem for Deoxys-S as well, so i am thinking about switching Deoxys-S for something else.
Glad to hear you enjoy BH and it's great to see new people posting here!

It seems like you have a pretty good idea of what are some strong sets and you clearly know your weaknesses but there's a few things that your team doesn't seem to handle so I'll try to explain as best I can.

Firstly, and this is probably the most important point anyone can make about BH, Imposter Chansey. I'm sure you've probably seen it a couple of times on the ladder and it can complete take apart. Basically something that has 700+ HP and just copies your Pokemon but with more health (and sometimes even eviolite). If this thing copies your Mega Rayquaza or Slaking (only if the illusion is broken though) you might struggle to deal with it and if you're not careful it can sweep you with your own Pokemon so you need to make sure you have a hard counter to any Pokemon you use or you can make use of an item which the imposter probably won't have - for example a Plate for Judgment so you have your choice of type but imposter only has normal type Judgment.

I'll go through mon by mon with some suggestions, some are widely accepted sets and some are just my preference so don't take anything I say as gospel:

#1 Pokemon: Contrary Mega Ray is a really good sweeper and it's amazing to be able to boost power and kill things at the same time. I'd probably suggest not using both Dragon Ascent and Oblivion wing since doubling up on Flying moves is a bit redundant. The most important thing is make sure you have something you can switch in if they imposter you (Mega Diancie could work at a pinch or non mega diancie). Super power is another option but depending on how you deal with imposter (commonly called imposter proofing or improofing). I'd probably run Naïve rather than Hasty nature so you take less damage from physical priority.

Set Up: As you mention Magic Bounce is a problem since most people expect a Deoxys-S to set hazards so they switch to Magic Bounce. A solution to this would be Mold Breaker but then you lose priority and for me having a pokemon that can only set hazards is a bit of a waste.
These are two things I would suggest if you want to set hazards but there are loads of other options:
Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Ice Hammer
- Stealth Rock / whatever
- Spore

Giratina @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Core Enforcer
- Stealth Rock / whatever
- Destiny Bond
- Recover

One is more offensive the other is a good wall and destiny bond can get a nice kill against a boosted opponent.

Slaking: Illusion Belly drum is really cool on offensive teams but your damaging moves need some adjustment. The biggest problem I can see is you can't OHKO Mega Gengar at +6 (the only common ghost except Giratina). I would replace Gunk Shot with Sunsteel Strike which is more accurate, also hits fairies, kills Sturdy Shedinja and isn't resisted by Gengar so can kill it at +6. Maybe consider an ice move instead of Play Rough but it depends what you struggle with.

The Boss: looks about perfect tbh, there are some other options like sunsteel strike, nuzzle or rapid spin but the set you have is probably the best it can be.

Killer: This is another deadly set but I think Stored Power is probably unnecessary. I would replace it with Imprison. The idea is you outspeed imposter (because of unburden) and then stop them using your moves so they can only use struggle. The problem I have with this set is it's often hard to set up without dying but it makes up for it with raw power.

Mewtwo-mega-y: I would change the item to Life Orb or Choice Specs since when your Slaking relies heavily on priority so you don't want to be blocking priority for too long.
Something like this works well but can be changed to suit your team:
Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Psycho Boost
- Moongeist Beam
- Volt Switch

If you have any trouble making a team you can always use a sample team here for inspiration or gradually edit to make your own, or are just useful to practice with.

Just going to reiterate because it's the most important thing: Remember to wall your own mons! Getting swept by a set you made is highly embarrassing...

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
MMX
Fleur Cannon, Moonblast, Pixiate.
A good Illusion core is not allowed to share weaknesses.
But i agree Illusion is really good atm.
I use Gyarados with Mega Stone + P-Don @ Choice Band and it works really well.

Once i faced a double Illusion team and it was really confusing.
He used M-Ray + M-Audino illusion combo.

The classic Gen6 combo M-Diancle + P-Don still works.
Another one i can think of is P-Kyogre and Zygarde-C.
Trapping was yesterday, today we disguise ourselves.
Did you say a good core is not allowed to share weaknesses, all while posting M-Diance + P-Don? Both share not only a Ground weakness but also a Water weakness...

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Did you say a good core is not allowed to share weaknesses, all while posting M-Diance + P-Don? Both share not only a Ground weakness but also a Water weakness...
He said a good illusion core.

something something ban pdon wooo

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
He said a good illusion core.
something something ban pdon wooo
Yes, and was listing them as an illusion core, hence where he ends the post saying:
The classic Gen6 combo M-Diancle + P-Don still works.
Another one i can think of is P-Kyogre and Zygarde-C.
Trapping was yesterday, today we disguise ourselves
Which proves the entire post was regarding Illusion cores.

Yes, and was listing them as an illusion core, hence where he ends the post saying:

Which proves the entire post was regarding Illusion cores.
i mean, uh
that was the most interesting, original part of the post, which was why he ended talking about it as a sort of tl;dr
but mdiancie+pdon is a notable core bc of how they cover each other offensively and how pdon takes out mdiancies counters to sweep, not bc illusion on either is especially amazing
and pogre+zygc is a defensive core, running offensive versions of either is a deathwish

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
i mean, uh
that was the most interesting, original part of the post, which was why he ended talking about it as a sort of tl;dr
but mdiancie+pdon is a notable core bc of how they cover each other offensively and how pdon takes out mdiancies counters to sweep, not bc illusion on either is especially amazing
and pogre+zygc is a defensive core, running offensive versions of either is a deathwish
I don't think They nor I was suggesting P-Kyogre + Zygc was intended to be an offensive core. It's clear they cover each other defensively via typing, albeit it Kyogre can go either route.

Afterall, can't Illusion work with a Primal reversion just like with Mega Evolution? So it suits them in the same vein.

Regardless, everything else listed before that, and the final part after it was listed as an illusion core, not just a general core.
Plus I assumed that since Diance is 4x weak to Steel, and Kartana is one of the few Grass STABs in the game, drawing in non shared weaknesses like Grass and Steel aimed at Diance was part of the motive to combo them through Illusion.
I.e. Magearna, Kartana, Solgaleo using Sunsteel Strike but it is resisted by the surprise P-Don who KOs with Fire or Ground STAB.

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure, because I saw a Shedinja Mega-Evolving (manually, obviously) with Gyaradosite, when I was spectating this match.

For some reason, I seem to be unable to do it. I tried first, with another pokemon, but it did not show the option to Mega-Evolve, nor did it work with Red Orb or Blue Orb. I then tried recreating what I assume to be what TheSweepKing (from the replay) did to make Shedinja Mega-Evolve, but I was not presented with the option even then.

If this is something to be used, then is it different from how one would do it in Mix and Mega?

I'm not entirely sure, because I saw a Shedinja Mega-Evolving (manually, obviously) with Gyaradosite, when I was spectating this match.

For some reason, I seem to be unable to do it. I tried first, with another pokemon, but it did not show the option to Mega-Evolve, nor did it work with Red Orb or Blue Orb. I then tried recreating what I assume to be what TheSweepKing (from the replay) did to make Shedinja Mega-Evolve, but I was not presented with the option even then.

If this is something to be used, then is it different from how one would do it in Mix and Mega?
his regular gyarados had illusion, disguising it as Shedinja holding gyaradosite

his regular gyarados had illusion, disguising it as Shedinja holding gyaradosite
Just to add what I can: if you mega evolve while having an illusion then the illusion is unbreakable meaning you can't be copied by imposter (until you switch out thereby losing the illusion).
Something I'm unsure on: do illusions (on non mega Pokémon) break if you hit a substitute?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)