Other (Done) Starship Battles Tournament - JJayFeather wins by default

Approved by Da Letter El

Tournament format: 8 or 16 players, single elimination

Starship design rules are here, starship combat rules are here

Overview: Build starships according to some restrictions, then fight an enemy from 20 hexes away (facing each other).

Rules:
  • Starships must be Starfinder RPG ships, built according to host specification (Tier, Frames, available Crew)
  • With each battle, the tier and available frames will increase.
  • Don't watch other players' battles, though logs will be made available after the tournament (those eliminated entirely may ask the host for access).
  • Battles must be completed within one week of the matches being posted (I will randomly choose who faces who within each bracket and not post the brackets themselves). I will understand if there are some scheduling conflicts, but this must be reported to the host (Aura Guardian) as quickly as possible. I will adjudicate who wins in that case, based on who tried the most to arrange the battle.
  • Ships must be sent to the host (with build points and power core usage accounting) for approval
  • These battles do not permit any ship with Expansion Bays to have any fighters or shuttles or the like docked in them. Frankly, I advise for min-max purposes just selecting all cargo holds or the like.
  • Players may select any of the crew from the listing below. They can change their role, but have a bonus 6 less than someone chosen for the role. LIMITS: Max one gunner per weapon, max one Engineer plus one per four Tiers (1 in tier 1/2 and 1, but you really want pilot or pilot/gunner; 2 in tier 4; 3 in tier 8; 4 in tier 12; 5 in tier 16). There will also be nameless crew assigned to the various roles, but this is for flavor only.
  • Maps will be on Google Drawings; I'll be the only one to edit, with players telling me what they attempt and where to move to.
Tier 1/2 crew have +6 to Piloting/Gunnery
Tier 1 crew have +9 to Piloting/Gunnery
Tier 4 crew are categorized as:
--> Pilot (+14 Piloting/Gunnery)
--> Engineer (+14 Engineering)
--> Gunners (+14 Piloting/Gunnery)
--> Science Officer (+14 Computers)
--> Captain (+13 Diplomacy/Intimidate/Piloting/Gunnery)
At Tier 8, crew get +18 to their checks, including the captain
At Tier 12, this increases to +23, except the Captain who only has +22

Round 1: Tier 1/2 Tiny Frames only (40 build points)
Round 2: Tier 1, Small Frames only (55 build points)
Round 3: Tier 4, Small or Medium Frames only (115 build points)
Round 4 (16 players only): Tier 8, Medium or Large Frames only (205 build points)

Signups (will close on September 15, 11:59 pm EDT / GMT-4):
1) ItsYaBoi1337
2) Ullar
3) shubaka17
4) Former Hope (by Discord)
5) P2X7
6) Fort Colorcastle
7) S0L1D G0LD
8) LightWolf (?) (I'm taking that part about "paddle boats" as a joke)
9) Pyra

LOG
Signups
Round 1 up

Last edited:
Closing signups. Random.org has named players as:

1) ItsYaBoi1337 DROPPED, replace with Jayy
2) shubaka17
3) Former Hope (by Discord, something about 1k post)
4) P2X7
5) Fort Colorcastle
6) S0L1D G0LD
7) LightWolf (I'm taking that part about "paddle boats" as a joke)
8) Pyra

SUBS (accepting early requests to be added to the subs list) (Round 1 no-show or double no-show)
1) Ullar
2) Jayy (by Discord)

Round 1 matchups:
LightWolf vs Former Hope
Fort Colorcastle vs Pyra
S0L1D G0LD vs P2X7
ItsYaBoi1337 JJayyFeather vs shubaka17

You have until 11:59 GMT-4 / EDT on September 24 to get your ship approved AND face off against each other. (Deadlines are only slightly negotiable.)

Make sure to PM me with your ship, and start a conversation with your opponent to do said scheduling.

Player Ships Approved:
Pyra
shubaka17
Fort Colorcastle

Sub Ships Approved:
Jayy (MOVED TO MAIN PLAYER)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)