Smogon Snake Draft I - Phase 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumiko

formerly TDK
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Can I get an explanation as to why this resulted not only in Coconut being banned from Snake, but also a tour ban + we don't get a new player?

I'm not gonna bother explaining the situation again when you already know but Dundies literally had to have seen there was a second challenge window, so it's very evident this very well could have easily been a stupid attempt at a joke. I can't speak as if I know for sure, but this punishment is far harsher than past incidents such as this and this, both of which are obviously entirely malicious and far worse consequences of their actions, but get much softer punishments. One leaked teams prior to the game with intentions of giving them a flawless matchup and the other leaked a team midgame, while the only advantage Coconut could have possibly gained from this was having Dundies reveal a team he intended to use, which is far less severe than the aforementioned punishments. I'm not going to act like I'm not aware of the fact bans and cheating in general were much lighter back then, but does this really warrant such a drastic jump for something that obviously wasn't coordinated in the slightest? I think the punishment is far too harsh, not sure why it's anything more than an infraction + potentially banned from the remainder of the tournament, but banning Coconut for the next edition of Snake is absurd to me.

I also fail to see why my team is getting punished for something that only one player took apart in. It is entirely evident Kingler had no idea what was happening or ill intentions with the situation, as he challenged him to a random battle first prior to the fake battle. If any TD or host would like to see the discussion in our chat prior and after this went down I'll gladly share (+ share Audit Log if you think I'm deleting messages), but no one had any idea what happened until people spoke of it in random Discord servers and it trickled into ours. Why are we forced to play at a major disadvantage compared to the rest of the field when our team hasn't attempted to cheat?

I'd also like to point out the only time I received any notification of this announcement was when Coconut PM'd me on Monday saying they approached her about the situation, to which didn't include anything about the fact we wouldn't get a new player. I think it's pretty much common sense that the team that is to get punished for such a decision should receive prior notice and a chance to argue for his team rather than find out it's happening at the same time as the rest of the community. Also the fact it took a week for Coconut to receive any contact about this situation is honestly silly but whatever.

I'm open to Discord conversations as well but I expect a response from the TD team :pirate:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)