Online Competition October Friendly Competition/Discord Party!

>>SIGN UP HERE<<
(make sure to log in to to the PGL)
October 14 8PM - October 15 7:59PM (EDT)

Join the Battle Spot Discord!
It's time for another friendly competition! This competition will follow Battle Spot Singles rules, with a twist, Z-Moves and Megas are banned! The winner will receive a special role on our discord. Not much besides pride is on the line here, so we encourage you to join if you're looking for an avenue to practice or just to have some fun.

We'll also be having a discord party during the competition! There'll be a friendly competition channel in the Battle Spot discord to chat with other players. We encourage you to come hang out, chat with us while you play and have a good time. Hope to see you there!

All participants will also be eligible to receive a free Shiny Mimikyu courtesy of our good friend LegoFigure11!

The competition will start Saturday, October 14th at 8PM EDT(GMT-4) and ends on Sunday the 15th at 7:59PM EDT. Sign-ups for the competition are already up at the link above. Read below if you have any questions about the rules of the format, signing up, or competing.

Rules
  • Matches will be played in the Singles format
  • Pokemon above level 50 will be brought down to level 50. Pokemon below level 50 stay as is.
  • Players pick 3 of their 6 Pokemon at team preview.
  • Symbol Clause: A Pokemon cannot have a set that can only be obtained from Generation 5 games and before (i.e. no <6th gen exclusive tutor/event moves or abilities).
  • Species Clause: No two Pokemon in the same team can have the same National Pokedex number.
  • Item Clause: No two Pokemon in the same team can hold the same item.
  • Z-Moves are banned
  • Megas are banned
The following Pokémon are banned (all forms):
  • Mewtwo
  • Mew
  • Lugia
  • Ho-oh
  • Celebi
  • Kyogre
  • Groudon
  • Rayquaza
  • Jirachi
  • Deoxys
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Giratina
  • Phione
  • Manaphy
  • Darkrai
  • Shaymin
  • Arceus
  • Victini
  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom
  • Kyurem
  • Keldeo
  • Meloetta
  • Genesect
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
  • Zygarde
  • Diancie
  • Hoopa
  • Volcanion
  • Cosmog
  • Cosmoem
  • Solgaleo
  • Lunala
  • Necrozma
  • Magearna
  • Marshadow
  • Greninja (Battle Bond form only)

How to sign up for a Friendly Competition:

Step 1: Sign in to your PGL account, go to the >PGL page of the competition< and click 'Confirm' at the bottom of the page.

Step 2: Once the competition starts, go to Festival Plaza in Sun/Moon and click 'Battle', then 'Visit the Battle Spot', then 'Friendly Competition'.

Step 3: Go back to the >PGL page of the competition< and scan the QR code with your 3DS camera. Then pick your team and you're ready to play! NOTE: Your team will be locked in once you start playing so make sure you have all the right moves and items.

Last edited:
why ban the 2 most interesting bits of the game
We had a poll to let the community decide what to play and this is what was chosen! People just want to play something refreshing i'm assuming, and not everyone is exactly a fan of z-moves and megas.

Distribution for the Mimikyus has begun! To get one upload a Wingull to the GTS asking for a Level 91-100 Male Mimikyu. You can catch some Wingulls on Route 1 if you don't have any on you. If you get sniped somehow just upload another Wingull.

Thanks to everyone who came around so far! Hope you all have been enjoying the competition!

Last edited:

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol I ended up waking up with less than an hour before the competition ended.

Went 5-1 (lost to chemcoop ), and got 1555. Alright for pulling an Ash Ketchum I guess!

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor

gonna kick off the team-posting

Articuno was a really Really REALLY effective meme. Hitmonlee, less so, but still funny. I shoulda used Koko over xurk, and Garchomp was as reliable as it can be. Gigalith was because I got too impatient to wait for the distributed Landorus (>_>), and Manidbuzz walls. She walls a LOT. Like holy heck

I had a lot of fun seeing the various memes abounding! Shoutout to Zenith013 for the Killer Comfey that wrecked quite a bit of shit.

gg all, can't wait for the next one after US/UM!

e: also fband didnt work ONCE like wtf

e2: also i cane in like 61st out of 68. wheeeeeeee......

Last edited:
This was a pretty fun competition and I managed to do much better than I expected!

5th place is pretty good :pimp:

My team itself was a tad generic, but that's what happens when you don't start team building until the day before the comp starts.

Kingdra and Mamoswine were the MVPs of my team, but every member put in good work. Hawlucha saw the least action, which is disappointing since I thought it would be a good meme mon.

This was lots of fun! I'm looking forward to the next comp (whenever that is)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)