UU UnderUsed Majors II - Finals (WON BY BUSHTUSH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Hogg and Hikari
Artwork by Bummer

Hello and welcome to UnderUsed Majors playoffs! Last year's edition saw Lycans walk away as the first ever UU Majors champion, but we're getting a new winner for this one! If you're wondering how the standings ended up looking after five weeks of hard fought live tournaments, feel free to take a look at our spreadsheet below.

Tournament Rules
- General tournament rules and clauses apply (details below!)
- Smogon-wide clauses and Baton Pass clause apply
- The format will be 'best of three', single elimination
- SM cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties
- Please play publicly! We've reached the playoffs stage and we wanna watch the games!

• Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play.

UU Majors also grants points for UnderUsed Championships. If you're unsure what UnderUsed Championships is, or how exactly points are rewarded, then make sure to read through this post. The image directly below shows exactly how many points are rewarded for both the live tournaments and playoffs of UU Majors.

Before I introduce the mighty warriors that made it to this stage, I want to take a quick moment to thank the users that offered to host the live tournaments for Majors this year. dingbat, DrReuniclus, MiyoKa, Jqded, HotFuzzBall, Stan Soojung and Klefkwi. More like goats. Now then, without further ado...

#1 Cynde vs. #8 CBU

#2 Pearl vs. #7 Bushtush

#3 Christo vs. #6 Pohjis

#4 PokeTCG gamer1288 vs. #5 Star

#7 Bushtush vs. #6 Pohjis

The final!
#1 Cynde vs. #7 Bushtush

Last edited by a moderator:

Lycans

Bebe's my bae
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I hope to have a better internet connection next year and don't lose half of weeks by disconnection :(, anyway this seems like a cool Playoff phase gz everyone i hope see some good games
predicting Pearl to win it all!

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion

Aliss

is a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
:heart: Thanks Tony, hosting this was super fun and if this happens again next year I'll definitely attempt to host again and such.
As for playoffs, stuff's looking hella stacked. Can't believe Pearl lost already though. This post will be about 20 lines shorter now there's no reason to gas him up anymore Kappa
Rooting for Cynde, Pohjis and both Rob and Star. Have fun all ^_^
Also hey 99th post now I can finally get that name change and not be discout Jayde, ABR are you proud?

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
mfw my appointed Iron Chefs are pitting against each other and I find it difficult who to root with

i definitely didn't expect the series to be three 6-0s but those were fun to play despite me losing twice. ggs man and good luck in finals!

thanks to everyone who helped me getting deeper into this tier. i had a lot of fun learning and playing UU and i hope to get more involved in the future.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)