SM OU Flying Fury Anti-Stall

Introduction
Heya. Lydo360 here coming at you with my first RMT team. I've been playing Pokemon Showdown for 3 years now and have been a fan of Pokemon for even longer. I've made over a hundred teams at this point and have gained some decent experience along the way. I've seen plenty of RMTs get posted before so I figured why not post one of my own? So here we are, I hope you enjoy it. Today I'm going to share with you one of my favorite teams that I've made to this date. It's a hyper offense anti-stall team centered around a Choice Scarf Greninja and Mega-Pinsir/Magnezone core. I've had pretty good results with the team, as it's brought me to 1825 on the ladder so far and climbing. On my other account, L. Ron Hoyabembe which I use to test new teams, it got me to around 1725 if I remember correctly. It's a bit lower than most on the forums I'm guessing but I really just wanted to get this out. Ignore the GXE for now. Anyways, let's get into it, shall we?
upload_2017-10-28_12-48-30.png

Proof of lydo360 ladder rating

EDIT: As of now it has peaked at 17 on the OU ladder at 1943

Teambuilding Process

Not gonna lie I just love that theme

I chose to start off and build my team around Choice Scarf Greninja. As a powerful and unpredictable offensive threat boosted by a Choice Scarf, it serves as a potent revenge killer, pivot, and offensive wallbreaker that can surprise many of its usual checks.

Next off, I decided to add Flynium Z Landorus-T to handle many of the bulky threats that can shrug off Greninja's attacks, while additionally providing Stealth Rock support for the team. Also electric immunity :)

I then decided to bring in Mega-Pinsir as my mega, to be a powerful setup sweeper that can wallbreak many threats to this team and potentially sweep.

Next, I added Tapu Fini as the team's bulky support and hazard remover, as well as to annoy setup sweepers with taunt.

Assault vest Magnezone was the team's consistent answer to annoyingly bulky steel types such as Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and Celesteela, as well as offensive special tank.

Finally, Choice Scarf Keldeo rounds off the coverage by being an answer and revenge killer to Mega-Swampert on rain teams, as well as providing sorely needed fighting and water type coverage.

The Team

Greninja (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot

Greninja has always been one of my favorite pokemon. Aside from its blistering speed and decent offensive stats, its Protean ability allows it to become a complete offensive powerhouse and amazing wallberaker, as well as one of the most versatile pokemon in the entire game. Its ability and expansive movepool allow it to check and beat many notable threats in the ou tier, such as Mega Charizard Y, the Tapus, Zygarde, and Landorus-T to name a few. As a result, it's no surprise I decided to build my team around this terrific wallbreaker. I chose to use scarfed Greninja due to its unpredictable nature and power allowing it to surprise and beat many of its standard checks such as the Tapus, Mega Alakazam, and Tangrowth by doing massive damage or outright KOing them with the appropriate move. Choice Scarf additionally allows it to be a potent revenge killer to many common setup sweepers and Choice Scarf users such as Garchomp, Zygarde, Volarona, and Kartana, all of whom are cleanly KOed with Ice Beam or Rock Slide. U-turn allows Greninja to be a hard hitting offensive pivot, as well as doing massive damage to bug-weak foes such as Mega-Gyarados, Mega-Alakazam, and Hoopa-U. Hydro pump can be run to beat Heatran and Mega Diancie, Dark Pulse is great neutral coverage and hits Gengar, Low Kick destroys Tyranitar and Extrasensory maims Toxapex and Keldeo, but for the most part it really can't afford to lose any of its current moves. Protean is the key ability and is what allows Greninja to hit so hard by giving it STAB on every move. Maximum attack and speed investment enable it to hit as hard and fast as possible, while a Naive nature is given to avoid decreasing Ice Beam's power. He can be used as an anti-lead to the likes of common Tapu Koko, Spikes Greninja, and Landorus-T leads, as well as possibly bluffing Spikes Greninja. From then on he can be used at any time throughout the game to fulfill his role as a wallbreaker, cleaner, revenge killer, and pivot. Make sure to keep him healthy as his frailty makes him susceptible to priority attacks from the likes of Mega-Pinsir and Zygarde.

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fly
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

Landorus plays a pivotal role in this team. He pairs beautifully with Greninja, being able to take on so many bulkier threats that cause it trouble with its ridiculously high attack, strong STAB earthquake, and a 175 base power Supersonic Skystrike. Flynium Z give it access to Supersonic Skystrike, serving as a one time attack that demolishes the likes of Tangrowth, Hawlucha, Tapu Fini, Tapu Bulu, and so many others that would either wall it or give it trouble. It's also amazing for hitting bulkier threats on the likes of stall teams such as Chansey, Clefable, Ferrothorn, and Mega Sableye, all of whom would otherwise give this team some degree of trouble. Be careful when using it though, as if anhy one of them scouts with Protect, it will severely decrease the damage of the attack. Earthquake is mandatory STAB on any Landorus-T set, and aside from giving it a hard hitting consistent STAB move, hits the likes of Toxapex and Magearna, both of whom give this team loads of trouble. Smack Down enables it to hit Skarmory, Zapdos, and Charizard Y and Mega-Pinsir on the switch, which otherwise wall it cold, so they can be hit with Earthquake. Gravity can be run instead to avoid giving them the free switch, but I generally find Smack Down's immediate damage on the whole more useful, especially against the likes of the latter two Stealth Rock is always appreciated, and Landorus-T can generally find plenty of opportunities to set it up. Maximum attack and speed enable it to hit hard and fast while an Adamant nature enables it to hit harder than with a Jolly nature. He is gest used early-to-mid-game to set up Stealth Rock and to punch holes in the opposing team with its powerful attacks.

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Mega Pinsir fits beautifully within the team and is its resident late game setup sweeper and one of its main offensive wallbreakers, breaking past so many threats such as Tangrowth and Chansey that give this team trouble otherwise. Return is mandatory STAB and gets a nice boost from Aerialate. Swords Dance allows it to set up and potentially sweep late game, as not many can take a +2 Aerialate-boosted Return. Earthquake is mandatory coveage and used over Close Combat, as it hits Magearna and Toxapex far harder, both boosted or unboosted. Quick Attack is mandatory priority, boosted by Aerialate, and can pick off many weakened foes at +2, notably having a decent chance to OHKO Greninja after Stealth Rock. Maximum attack and speed with a Jolly Nature enable it to outspeed the likes of Garchomp and base 100s.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Moonblast
- Defog
Tapu Fini is the team's bulkiest member and support, being its resident terrain setter and hazard remover and the team's resident answer to rain teams. Physically defensive Tapu Fini is one of the best defoggers in the game. Defog is crucial as it allows it to remove entry hazards such as Stealth Rock and Sticky Web. Tapu Fini's staying power allows it to play this role consistently throughout the match, and be a consistent switch in to the likes of Keldeo and Ash-Greninja, as well as walls and clerics like Chansey. Misty Surge immediately sets Misty Terrain, halving the power of Dragon-Type moves as well as preventing status on grounded allies. Taunt is crucial as it prevents Tapu Fini from being taunted itself, allowing it to Defog consistently, as well as stopping many setup sweepers such as Magearna and Zygarde from setting up the likes of Shift Gear and Dragon Dance or Coil, respectively. It additionally allows it to take on support mons such as Chansey and Mew and prevent them from recovering or setting up rocks. Nature's Madness is a wonderful move, allowing Tapu Fini too take on the likes of Chansey and Mew by cutting their health in half and preventing them from healing by taunting them. Finally, Moonblast is a consistent Fairy-type STAB that allows it to hit Dragon and Dark types such as Kingdra and Mega Sableye for massive damage, which is especially important considering Tapu Fini's importance against rain teams, especially considering the former. Maximum speed and HP investment with a Timid nature enable it to Taunt fast before it can be taunted itself while being as bulky as possible. Tapu Fini should be kept as healthy as possible throughout the match so it can consistently fulfill it's hazard removing role. This is especially true with rain teams as it can only take so many rain boosted Hydro Pumps from a specs Kingdra and Earthquakes from Mega Swampert.

Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 140 HP / 192 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
Magnezone beautifully holds the team together. It is the team's resident special tank, as well as it's main answer to bulky steel-types that would otherwise be a complete pain in the ass to deal with, such as Skarmory, Celesteel, and Ferrothorn. By trapping and eliminating these threats, Magnezone clears the way for the likes of Greninja and Mega Pinsir to do their job, allowing the latter to potentially pull off a sweep. Addditionally, it is the team's best answer and switch-in to special attackers such as Tapu Lele and Tapu Koko. Assault Vest allows it to do it's job of being a Special Tank, and can often be used to bluff a choice item. It's STAB moves are mandatory, allowing it to maim the likes of Skarmory and Celesteela and mucle it's way through Clefable. Hidden Power Fire destroys the likes of Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor, and can be used to hit Excadrill on the switch. Magnet Pull is what allows it to do it's job, trapping the aforementioned bulky Steel=Types as well as Magearna that lack Focus Blast and Fightinium Z.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge
- Scald
To round it all off, we have Scarfed Keldeo. Aside from providing crucial Water-Type STAB coverage for the team, it is one of the team's main revenge killers along with Greninja. Hydro Pump and Secret Sword are obligatory STABs, letting it beat the likes of specially physically and specially defensive foes alike. Secret Sword has the benefit of 2HKOing Chansey most of the time after Stealth Rock, as well as annihilating the likes of Bisharp and Tyranitar. Scald offers a consistently accurate Water-Type move alongside Hydro Pump when a miss cannot be afforded, and also has a nice 30% chance of burning the opponent, useful against physical attackers like Mega Swampert. Stone Edge allows it to revenge kill +1 Volcarona and Mega Charizard Y. Choice Scarf with a Hasty nature allows it to revengge kill the likes of Ash-Greninja as well as outspeed Mega Swampert in the rain and do heavy damage with a rain-boosted Hydro Pump. Hasty is used over Timid or Naive to avoid decreasing Stone Edge's power, while also allowing it to check Ash-Greninja better.

Threatlist

Zapdos Zapdos is a major annoyance for this team, particularly Hidden Power Ice variants. It can wall the majority of the team except Greninja and Landorus-T when it's smacked down, and can hit back hard with STAB Electric-type moves on the majority of the team while stalling everything else out with Roost. Hp Ice variants are especially annoying as they can usually OHKO Landorus-T and even without it Heat Wave still has a nasty 30% burn chance. Greninja and Magnezone can usually have a somewhat decent chance of beating it 1v1, but Greninja still needs to watch out for Discharge or Thunderbolt and Magnezone can usually take 3 Heat Waves before going down.

Mega Pinsir Mega Pinsir at +2 is a complete disaster to face should it get a Swords Dance up as it essentially comes down to a speed tie between this Mega Pinsir and the oppposing one. Greninja is usually OHKOed by a +2 Quick Attack after Stealth Rock, while everything else barely stands a chance against it or one of its coverage moves. While it rarely finds opportunities to set up thanks to the offensive nature of this team pressuring it, should it set up on Keldeo locked into Secret Sword then it pretty much turns into a luck game. The best way to beat it at +2 is to sacrifice Landorus-T to get the intimidate off on MEGA Pinsir only, as most Pinsir before Mega Evolving carry Hyper Cutter as an ability, preventing it's attack from being lowered, then revenge killing with Greninja as Quick Attack cannot OHKO at +1. However, this always leaves the team short at least one pokemon and one crippled. Also, should this be the scenario, do not try to switch out Lando for whatever reason to predict, as he could set up another Swords dance. Instead, go for Supersonic Skystrike if you haven't used it, or even click Fly to pressure it out.

Extremely Bulky Walls Early game walls such as Chansey, Clefable, and Mega Sableye can be a nuisance due to their natural bulk allowing them to tank hits and hit back with a status moves. Clefable deserves a special mention due to having the Unaware ability to stop Mega Pinsir from sweeping. However, these are not as significant as checks as they can generally be muscled through one way or another . Chansey goes down to a +2 Return from Mega Pinsir and Clefable is maimed by Gunk Shot from Greninja and Flash Cannon from Magnezone and is able to do very little in return in the latter's case. Mega Sableye can do absolutely nothing to Tapu Fini while it hammers it with Moonblast, and none of them appreciate a Supersonic Skystrike from Landorus-T. For the most part, with proper prediction these checks are completely manageable and can be cleared out fairly easily one way or another.

Conclusion

So that's the team. Overall, I'm fairly happy with how it turned out in the end. It's been a reliable team and for the most part is one of the better ones I've made. Feel free to leave any potential ideas for improvements or ask questions in the comments and list any additional threats I may have missed. I'd love to hear what you guys have to say. Anyways, I'd say that's everything. Thanks for checking this team out. Have fun using it if you want. Cya.

Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot

Adamant Nature
- Fly
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Defog

Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge
- Scald

Last edited:

Introduction
Heya. Lydo360 here coming at you with my first RMT team. I've been playing pokemon Showdown for 3 yeares now and have been a fan of Pokemon for even longer. I've made over a hundred teams at this point and have gained some decent experience along the way. I've seen plenty of RMTs get posted before so I figured why not post one of my own? So here we are, I hope you enjoy it. Today I'm going to share with you one of my favorite teams that I've made to this date. It's a hyper offense anti-stall team centered around a Choice Scarf Greninja and Mega Pinsir/Magnezone core. I've had pretty good results with the team, as it's brought me to 1825 on the ladder so far and climbing. On my other account, L. Ron Hoyabembe which I use to test new teams, it got me to around 1725 if I remember correctly. I used to test this team before using it on my main, it got me to an ou rating of It's a bit lower thaan most on the forums I'm guessing but I really just wanted to get this out. Ignore the gxe for now Anyways, let's get into it, shall we?

Proof of lydo360 ladder rating

Teambuilding Process

Not gonna lie I just love that song

I chose to start off and build my team around choice scarf Greninja. As a powerful and unpredictable offensive threat boosted by a choice scarf, it serves as a potent revenge killer, pivot, and offensive wallbreaker that can surprise many of its usual checks.

Next off, I decided to add flynium z landorus-t to handle many of the bulky threats hat could shrug off Greninja's attacks, while additionally providing stealth rock support for the team. Also electric immunity :)

I then decided to bring in Mega-Pinsir as my mega, to be a powerful setup sweeper that can wallbreak many threats to this team and potentially sweep.

Next, I added Tapu Fini as the team's bulky support and hazard remover, as well as to annoy to setup sweepers with taunt.

Assault vest Magnezone was the team's consistent answer to annoyingly bulky steel types such as Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and Celesteela, as well as offensive special tank.

Finally, choice scarf Keldeo rounds off the coverage by being an answer and revenge killer to Mega Swampert on rain teams, as well as providing sorely needed fighting and water type coverage.

The Team

Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
Greninja has always been one of my favorite pokemon. Aside from its blistering speed and decent offensive stats, its Protean ability allows it to become a complete offensive powerhouse and amazing wallberaker, as well as one of the most versatile pokemon in the entire game. Its ability and expansive movepool allow it to check and beat many notable threats in the ou tier, such as Mega Charizard Y, the Tapus, Zygarde, and Landorus-T to name a few. As a result, it's no surprise I decided to build my team around this terrific wallbreaker. I chose to use scarfed Greninja due to its unpredictable nature and power allowing it to surprise and beat many of its standard checks such as the Tapus, Mega Alakazam, and Tangrowth by doing massive damage or outright KOing them with the appropriate move. Choice scarf additionally allows it to be a potent revenge killer to many common setup sweepers and choice scarf users such as Garchomp, Zygarde, Volarona, and Kartana, all of whom are cleanly KOed with Ice Beam or Rock Slide. U-turn allows Greninja to be a hard hitting offensive pivot, as well as doing massive damage to bug-weak foes such as Mega Gyarados, Mega Alakazam, and Hoopa-U. Hydro pump can be run to beat Heatran and Mega Diancie, dark pulse is great neutral coverage and hits Gengar, Low Kick destroys Tyranitar and Extrasensory maims Toxapex and Keldeo, but for the most part it really can't afford to lose any of its current moves. Protean is the key ability and is what allows Greninja to hit so hard by giving it STAB on every move. Maximum attack and speed investment enable it to hit as hard and fast as possible, while a Naive nature is given to avoid decreasing Ice Beam's power. He can be used as an anti-lead to the likes of common Tapu Koko, Spikes Greninja, and Landorus-T leads. From then on he can be used at any time throughout the game to fulfill his role as a wallbreaker, cleaner, revenge killer, and pivot. Make sure to keep him healthy as his frailty makes him susceptible to priority attacks from the likes of Mega Pinsir and Zygarde.

Adamant Nature
- Fly
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock
Landorus plays a pivotal role in this team. He pairs beautifully with Greninja, being able to take on so many bulkier threats that cause it trouble with its ridiculously high attack, strong STAB earthquake, and a 175 base power Supersonic Skystrike. Flynium Z give it access to Supersonic Skystrike, serving as a one time attack that demolishes the likes of Tangrowth, Hawlucha, Tapu Fini, Tapu Bulu, and so many others that would either wall it or give it trouble. It's also amazing for hitting bulkier threats on the likes of stall teams such as Chansey, Clefable, Ferrothorn, and Mega Sableye, all of whom would otherwise give this team so degree of trouble. Be careful when using it though, as if anhy one of them scouts with Protect, it will severely decrease the damage of the attack. Earthquake is mandatory STAB on any Landorus-T set, and aside from giving it a hard hitting consistent STAB move, hits the likes of Toxapex and Magearna, both of whom give this team loads oftrouble. Smack Down enables it to hit Skarmory, Charizard Y on the switch, and Zapdos, which otherwise wall it cold, so they can be hit with earthquake, but gravity can be run instead to avoid giving them the free switch. However, I generally find smack down's immediate damage on the whole more useful, especially against the likes of Mega Pinsir and Mega Charizard Y. Stealth Rock is always appreciated, and Landorus-T can generally find plenty of opportunities to set it up. Maximum attack and speed enable it to hit hard and fast while an Adamant nature enables it to hit harder than with a Jolly nature. He is gest used early-to-mid-game to set up Stealth Rock and to punch holes in the opposing team with its powerful attacks.

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
Mega Pinsir fits beautifully within the team and is its resident late game setup sweeper and one of its main offensive wallbreakers, breaking past so many threats such as Tangrowth and Chansey that give this team trouble otherwise. Return is mandatory STAB and gets a nice boost from Aerialate. Swords Dance allows it to set up and potentially sweep late game, as not many can take a +2 Aerialate-boosted Return. Earthquake is mandatory coveage and used over Close Combat, as it hits Magearna and Toxapex far harder, both boosted or unboosted. Quick Attack is mandatory priority, boosted by Aerialate, and can pick off many weakened foes at +2, notably having a decent chance to OHKO Greninja after Stealth Rock. Maximum attack and speed with a Jolly Nature enable it to outspeed the likes of Garchomp and base 100s.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
-Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Moonblast
- Defog
Tapu Fini is the team's bulkiest member and support, being its resident terrain setter and hazard remover and the team's resident answer to rain teams. Physically defensive Tapu Fini is one of the best defoggers in the game. Defog is crucial as it allows it to remove entry hazards such as Stealth Rock and Sticky Web. Tapu Fini's staying power allows it to play this role consistently throughout the match, and be a consistent switch in to the likes of Keldeo and Ash-Greninja, as well as walls and clerics like Chansey. Misty Surge immediately sets Misty Terrain, halving the power of Dragon-Type moves as well as preventing status on grounded allies. Taunt is crucial as it prevents Tapu Fini from being taunted itself, allowing it to Defog consistently, as well as stopping many setup sweepers such as Magearna and Zygarde from setting up the likes of Shift Gear and Dragon Dance or Coil, respectively. It additionally allows it to take on support mons such as Chansey and Mew and prevent them from recovering or setting up rocks. Nature's Madness is a wonderful move, allowing Tapu Fini too take on the likes of Chansey and Mew by cutting their health in half and preventing them from healing by taunting them. Finally, Moonblast is a consistent Fairy-type STAB that allows it to hit Dragon and DArk types such as Kingdra and Mega Sableye for massive damage, which is especially important considering Tapu Fini's importance against rain teams, especially considering the former. Maximum speed and HP investment with a Timid nature enable it to Taunt fast before it can be taunted itself while being as bulky as possible. Tapu Fini should be kept as healthy as possible throughout the match so it can consistently fulfill it's hazard removing role. This is especially true with rain teams as it can only take so many rain boosted Hydro Pumps from a specs Kingdra and Earthquakes from Mega Swampert.

Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
Magnezone beautifully holds the team together. It is the team's resident special tank, as well as it's main answer to bulky steel-types that would otherwise be a complete pain in the ass to deal with, such as Skarmory, Celesteel, and Ferrothorn. By trapping and eliminating these threats, Magnezone clears the way for the likes of Greninja and Mega Pinsir to do their job, allowing the latter to potentially pull off a sweep. Addditionally, it is the team's best answer and switch-in to special attackers such as Tapu Lele and Tapu Koko. Assault Vest allows it to do it's job of being a Special Tank, and can often be used to bluff a choice item. It's STAB moves are mandatory, allowing it to maim the likes of Skarmory and Celesteela and mucle it's way through Clefable. Hidden Power Fire destroys the likes of Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor, and can be used to hit Excadrill on the switch. Magnet Pull is what allows it to do it's job, trapping the aforementioned bulky Steel=Types as well as Magearna that lack Focus Blast and Fightinium Z.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge
- Scald
To round it all off, we have Scarfed Keldeo. Aside from providing crucial Water0Type STAB coverage for the team, it is one of the team's main revenge killers along with Greninja. Hydro Pump and Secret Sword are obligatory STABs, letting it beat the likes of specially physically and specially defensive foes alike. Secret Sword has the benefit of 2HKOing Chansey most of the time after Stealth Rock, as well as annihilating the likes of Bisharp and Tyranitar. Scald offers a consistently accurate Water-Type move alongside Hydro Pump when a miss cannot be afforded, and also has a nice 30% chance of burning the opponent, useful against physical attackers like Mega Swampert. Stone Edge allows it to revenge kill +1 Volcarona and Mega Charizard Y. Choice Scarf with a Hasty nature allows it to revengge kill the likes of Ash-Greninja as well as outspeed Mega Swampert in the rain and do heavy damage with a rain-boosted Hydro Pump. Hasty is used over Timid or Naive to avoid decreasing Stone Edge's power, while also allowing it to check Ash-Greninja better.

Threatlist
Zapdos
Zapdos is a major annoyance for this team, particularly hidden powerce variants It absolutely walls the majority of the team except Greninja and Landorus-T when it's smacked down, and can hit back hard with STAB electric type moves on the majority of the team while stalling everything else out with Roost. Hp Ice variants are especially annoying as they can usually OHKO Landorus-T and even without it Heat Wave still has a nasty 30% burn chance. Greninja and Magnezone can usually have a somewhat decent chance of beating it 1v1, but Greninja still needs to watch out for Discharge or Thunderbolt and Magnezone can take 3 Heat Waves before going down.

Mega Pinsir Mega Pinsir at +2 is a complete disaster to face should it get a Swords Dancee up as it essentially comes down to a speed tie between this Mega Pinsir and the oppposing one. Greninja is usually OHKOed by a 2 Quick Attack after Stealth Rock, while everything else barely stands a chance against it or one of its coverage moves. While it rarely finds opportunities to set up thanks to the offensive nature of this team pressuring it, should it set up on Keldeo locked into Secret Sword then it pretty much turns into a luck game. The best way to beat it at +2 is to sacrifice Landorus-T to get the intimidate off on MEGA Pinsir only as most Pinsir before Mega Evolving carry Hyper Cutter as an ability, preventing it's attack from being lowered, then revenge killing with Greninja as Quick Attack cannot OHKO at +1.

Extremely Bulky Walls Early game walls such as Chansey, Clefable, and Mega Sableye can be a nuisance due to their natural bulk allowing them to tank hits and hit back with a status moves. Clefable deserves a special mention due to having the Unaware ability to stop Mega Pinsir from sweeping. However, these are not as significant as checks as they can generally be muscled through one way or another . Chansey goes down to a +2 Return from Mega Pinsir and Clefable is maimed by Gunk Shot from Greninja and Flash Cannon from Magnezone and is able to do very little in return in the latter's case. Mega Sableye can do absolutely nothing to Tapu Fini while it hammers it with Moonblast, and none of them appreciate a Supersonic Skystrike from Landorus-T. For the most part, with proper prediction these checks are completely manageable and can be cleared out fairly easily one way or another.

Conclusion

So that's the team. Overall, I'm fairly happy with how it turned out in the end. It's been a reliable team and for the most part is one of the better ones I've made. Feel free to leave any potential ideas for improvementss or ask questions in the comments and list any additional threats I may have missed. I'd love to hear what you guys have to say. Anyways, I'd say that's everything. Thanks for checking this team out. Have fun using it if you want. Cya.

Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot

Adamant Nature
- Fly
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Defog

Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge
- Scald
U mentioned how the team has a bad matchup v zap, so why not use i beam mew over fini? Fini is not really getting any vetter and mew walls any physicla threat p well

U mentioned how the team has a bad matchup v zap, so why not use i beam mew over fini? Fini is not really getting any vetter and mew walls any physicla threat p well
Yeah I thought about that for a while, but I found the taunt+nature's madness utility really helpful against the likes of Chansey which mew really can't handle. Also, misty terrain weakening dragon types from latios and zygarde and protecting team from status was a plus. Also mew dies against Mega Sableye. On the other hand it does have reliable covery soz each has their own benefits, Ig i just chose fini

I gotta say, your team is one of the best i've ever seen. The RMT had a lot of effort in it as i can see. I'm just here to make some minor changes to your team.

First off, Magnezone.
Magnezone is really great with HP Fire and Magnet Pull, but a SpD Ferro or Celesteela can just come in and kill Magnezone using Protect and Leech Seed. To kill those threats faster, Choice Specs would do greatly on Magnezone. Plus, Magnezone's job is to get rid of those steel-type threats faster, so Choice Specs would certainly do that job.

2nd, Keldeo
I know you like Scald and Hydro Pump on its set, but one of those moves has to be deleted and replaced with something like Icy Wind to revenge kill dragons. Having two of the same type moves on a set is not really good and therefore makes you lose coverage you might have. So i think you should replace Hydro Pump for Icy Wind, since Hydro has less accuracy and accuracy is actually more important than power.

Thanks for reading, i hope you like these suggestions.
Brilliant team btw.

I gotta say, your team is one of the best i've ever seen. The RMT had a lot of effort in it as i can see. I'm just here to make some minor changes to your team.

First off, Magnezone.
Magnezone is really great with HP Fire and Magnet Pull, but a SpD Ferro or Celesteela can just come in and kill Magnezone using Protect and Leech Seed. To kill those threats faster, Choice Specs would do greatly on Magnezone. Plus, Magnezone's job is to get rid of those steel-type threats faster, so Choice Specs would certainly do that job.

2nd, Keldeo
I know you like Scald and Hydro Pump on its set, but one of those moves has to be deleted and replaced with something like Icy Wind to revenge kill dragons. Having two of the same type moves on a set is not really good and therefore makes you lose coverage you might have. So i think you should replace Hydro Pump for Icy Wind, since Hydro has less accuracy and accuracy is actually more important than power.

Brilliant team btw.
1. No. Choice specs on Magnezone doesnt get it any notable kills. Choice specs also hinder some Magnezone ability to pivot on mons like Tapu Koko and Tapu Lele. Choice specs can also make zone into a liability, as every team can take advantage of choice locked electric and steel moves. Stick with assault vest. Magnezone is your only switchin to Tapu Koko and lele, and others.
2. Dragon types are uncommon atm, meaning hydro pump and scald is fine. The point of hydro pump is when you need the extra power, while scald is for reliability. If dragon types get popular, he could always run surf, a nice middle ground between hydro pump and scald. Hydro pumps extra power can help with a lot of situations. Don’t replace it. Also you should really know secret sword hits dragons neutrally, and stone edge hits the uncommon dragon flying types.

First off, Magnezone.

2nd, Keldeo

Brilliant team btw.
First off, thanks so much mate, really glad you like it and I appreciate the feedback :)
Second off, I did soncider the choiced magnezone before, but as mentioned by Shadowtex1, it really didn't achieve many notable KOs thaat Assault Vest did not for all intents and purposes on this team. I liked having it as a consistent switch-in to Tapu Koko, Lele, and Fini, aswell as other heay hitting special attackers, so I chose to run Assault Vest for that reason. Additionally, Hidden Power Fire does around 60%-70% to standard Ferrothorn, so it's usually not an issue, and Thunderbolt absolutely demolishes Skarmory and Celesteela regardless, and Assault Vest renders most of what they both hit back with absolutely useless. Given the threats it needs to check, I think it does its job alright with Assault Vest, but you're free to make that change should you ever want to use it :)

1. No. Choice specs on Magnezone doesnt get it any notable kills. Choice specs also hinder some Magnezone ability to pivot on mons like Tapu Koko and Tapu Lele. Choice specs can also make zone into a liability, as every team can take advantage of choice locked electric and steel moves. Stick with assault vest. Magnezone is your only switchin to Tapu Koko and lele, and others.
2. Dragon types are uncommon atm, meaning hydro pump and scald is fine. The point of hydro pump is when you need the extra power, while scald is for reliability. If dragon types get popular, he could always run surf, a nice middle ground between hydro pump and scald. Hydro pumps extra power can help with a lot of situations. Don’t replace it. Also you should really know secret sword hits dragons neutrally, and stone edge hits the uncommon dragon flying types.
Yeah, I was thinking of Icy Wind but Scald has had just so much more utility and I have plenty of things that can hit the relevant Dragon-types hard enough already (Kyu-B, Salamence, Zygarde, Latios). Latios is really the only notable target that's irritated this Keldeo, but the other members of my team generally take care of it just find (Greninja's U-turn and Ice Beam both cleanly 2HKO, +2 Mega Pinsir's Quick Attack does around 70%, and Tapu Fini walls it like nothing else). Also I cannot count how many times having Scald has saved my ass when I needed a 100% accurate water move, so I'd rather keep it.

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.

First off, Magnezone.

2nd, Keldeo

Brilliant team btw.
what
Dude, Specs Zone is a dead set. The only two viable sets rn are AV and Sub + Elec Z. Shadowtex1 already pointed out why specs sucks. At least AV lets it be a bulky pivot and Sub + Elec Z has a way around grounds.
Revenge dragons? lmao. The only relevant ones are either scarfed or easily revenged anyways. Scarf Latios is too fast and Zone takes care of it anyways, Kyurem-Black is killed anyways and the other dragons aren't really good rn, tho latias-mega can be beaten anyways.
>Hydro has less accuracy and accuracy is actually more important than power.

No. If you've seen any competitive at all lol, you'll see people using stone edge over rock slide, you'll see draco over pulse, you'll see fire blast over flamethrower, etc.. Why? Because power oftentimes matters more. Especially for a scarfed mon that doesn't have a power boosting item but wants to revenge a lot of threats, you'll definitely want Pump on it. This one line makes me think you haven't used Scarf Keldeo at all lmao.

Anyways, the team itself looks solid. However, do you really need 2 scarf users? I'd honestly get rid of it but I have to go rn so I'll rate later.

what
Dude, Specs Zone is a dead set. The only two viable sets rn are AV and Sub + Elec Z. Shadowtex1 already pointed out why specs sucks. At least AV lets it be a bulky pivot and Sub + Elec Z has a way around grounds.
Revenge dragons? lmao. The only relevant ones are either scarfed or easily revenged anyways. Scarf Latios is too fast and Zone takes care of it anyways, Kyurem-Black is killed anyways and the other dragons aren't really good rn, tho latias-mega can be beaten anyways.

No. If you've seen any competitive at all lol, you'll see people using stone edge over rock slide, you'll see draco over pulse, you'll see fire blast over flamethrower, etc.. Why? Because power oftentimes matters more. Especially for a scarfed mon that doesn't have a power boosting item but wants to revenge a lot of threats, you'll definitely want Pump on it. This one line makes me think you haven't used Scarf Keldeo at all lmao.

Anyways, the team itself looks solid. However, do you really need 2 scarf users? I'd honestly get rid of it but I have to go rn so I'll rate later.
Yeah, I thought about the Scarf users as well, but I found that Keldeo's Scarfed Hydro Pump comes in really handy against Mega Swampert on Rain Teams, and the extra speed really helps because it really helps in matchups against different threats that are often times faster (Greninja vs Latios (Scarfed or Otherwise), Keldeo vs Non-Scarftana, Greninja vs Scarftana (Ice Beam OhOKOs after Rocks)). They both have the scarf so they can revenge kill different threats, so I've found that helpful, but I can see where the Scarf might not be necessary. At any rate, thanks for the feedback :)

Yeah, I thought about the Scarf users as well, but I found that Keldeo's Scarfed Hydro Pump comes in really handy against Mega Swampert on Rain Teams, and the extra speed really helps because it really helps in matchups against different threats that are often times faster (Greninja vs Latios (Scarfed or Otherwise), Keldeo vs Non-Scarftana, Greninja vs Scarftana (Ice Beam OhOKOs after Rocks)). They both have the scarf so they can revenge kill different threats, so I've found that helpful, but I can see where the Scarf might not be necessary. At any rate, thanks for the feedback :)
I wasn’t trying to say don’t use scald. I was saying that if you actually feel you need icy wind, then run surf instead of hydro or scald. Since you don’t need icy wing, use scald.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)