SM OU I really need suggestions to fix this team (thx in advance)

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite

Ability: Adaptability

Shiny: Yes

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- U-turn

- Knock Off

- Poison Jab

- Fell Stinger

I really wanted a physical mon that was really strong and could pick off threats, and possibly snowball into a sweep which is why I chose fell stinger over some extra coverage, like drill run or brick break.

Jolteon @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Volt Absorb

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Volt Switch

- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Shadow Ball

- Thunderbolt

I needed a really fast scarfer, and I've used multiple scarfers before, but I didn't like them after a while because I could get read pretty easily with them, and it was a lot easier for my opponents to figure out if said mon was a scarfer. First one that comes to mind is landorus T.

Greninja @ Waterium Z

Ability: Battle Bond

Timid Nature

- U-turn

- Hydro Pump

- Dark Pulse

- Ice Beam

Greninja is always a mon that I've liked, and it can be quite versatile. In some games I can bluff the scarf and when they go into something like a volcarona thinking they're safe because I beamed, they got bopped with a z hydro to the face.

Celesteela @ Leftovers

Ability: Beast Boost

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD

Sassy Nature

- Heavy Slam

- Flamethrower

- Leech Seed

- Protect

Celesteela is one of my biggest special walls, and without it the Lati's would have an absolute field day with my team. It's also pretty annoying to things like scarf lele, and really anything that doesn't have super affectinve attacks.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers

Ability: Intimidate

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Impish Nature

- Earthquake

- Stealth Rock

- U-turn

- Rock Slide

Lando is just one of those mons I feel that will always remain king. It's a great rocker and sometimes can snipe a volcorona or zard when people think that they can just switch in on an earthquake.

Mew @ Leftovers

Ability: Synchronize

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def

Bold Nature

- Ice Beam

- Defog

- Soft-Boiled

- Will-O-Wisp

Mew is very versatile and can take care of most physical mons because of wisp and it's also my only hazard control. If I didn't have a reliable hazard remover, beedrill would be get broken down really easily.

Beedrill isn't great in the current meta. Too many easy switchins, an inability to break lando, and not able to take any of the meta's priority. If you want a fast bug-type, Pinsir makes a good setup sweeper, and your team looks like it can handle rocks. Otherwise, mega-lopunny or mega-diancie, can function as good fast breakers. They also give you a KO switchin, something that your team struggles with at the moment.

Jolteon is bad. 100% of the time, Tapu Koko is better. Scarf Koko isn't the standard set, so you shouldn't get predicted as often as with others.

I feel like this team would be happier with an offensive lando. With minimal hazards and status you'll struggle to play as a balance team. You'll have some difficulty with AV Tangrowth if you cut the beedrill, and Z-Fly Lando can cover that while also dealing with mons beedrill might struggle with, like Venusaur and Medicham.

Finally, Celesteela and Mew's EVs aren't optimal. Mew should take 248/252/8, and Celesteela should be on 252/252/4. Small change but it still helps a bit.

Beedrill isn't great in the current meta. Too many easy switchins, an inability to break lando, and not able to take any of the meta's priority. If you want a fast bug-type, Pinsir makes a good setup sweeper, and your team looks like it can handle rocks. Otherwise, mega-lopunny or mega-diancie, can function as good fast breakers. They also give you a KO switchin, something that your team struggles with at the moment.

Jolteon is bad. 100% of the time, Tapu Koko is better. Scarf Koko isn't the standard set, so you shouldn't get predicted as often as with others.

I feel like this team would be happier with an offensive lando. With minimal hazards and status you'll struggle to play as a balance team. You'll have some difficulty with AV Tangrowth if you cut the beedrill, and Z-Fly Lando can cover that while also dealing with mons beedrill might struggle with, like Venusaur and Medicham.

Finally, Celesteela and Mew's EVs aren't optimal. Mew should take 248/252/8, and Celesteela should be on 252/252/4. Small change but it still helps a bit.

So what should my gren use instead? Sash, specs, scarf?

Specs is generally best. You're probably not panicking to defog single layer spikes off, so sash isn't valuable.
But, you should also replace U-turn with Water Shuriken in that case.
Okay I made some changes, but I didn't use em all. I still would like to think this is an improvement none the less.

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Greninja @ Waterium Z
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Defog
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp

Sooooo ur team rly isnt that good lol i feel like theres a lot of changes to be done.

I think u should change koko from scarf to spex because spex is broken when paired with Pinsir lol, Pinsir beats most of spex koko's checks such as Tangrowth and Mega Venu. I changed ur Ash Gren to have Water Shuriken as well as taunt, Water Shuriken is a must on ash gren bc u will get outsped by scarfers otherwise while taunt allows u to annoy bulkier builds. i changed ur steela spread around a bit to fit ur team better as a 2ndary check to M-Pinsir if Lando-T gets low. also changed ur lando-t spread bc that is no spread, defensive lando doesnt need speed at all. Lastly changed ur mew to a faster spread bcs it can then outspeed Jolly Lando-T which ur team rly struggles against otherwise.

http://pokepast.es/a3814485575c8f78

Last edited:
Sooooo ur team rly isnt that good lol i feel like theres a lot of changes to be done.

I think u should change koko from scarf to spex because spex is broken when paired with Pinsir lol, Pinsir beats most of spex koko's checks such as Tangrowth and Mega Venu. I changed ur Ash Gren to have Water Shuriken as well as taunt, Water Shuriken is a must on ash gren bc u will get outsped by scarfers otherwise while taunt allows u to annoy bulkier builds. i changed ur steela spread around a bit to fit ur team better as a 2ndary check to M-Pinsir if Lando-T gets low. also changed ur lando-t spread bc that is no spread, defensive lando doesnt need speed at all. Lastly changed ur mew to a faster spread bcs it can then outspeed Jolly Lando-T which ur team rly struggles against otherwise.

http://pokepast.es/a3814485575c8f78
Yea I realized in the middle of a battle that I had defense and speed maxed on my lando and changed it to attack. So my team just doesn't have scarfers then? or should a mon be changed to a scarfer? Really appreciate you tho.

Yea I realized in the middle of a battle that I had defense and speed maxed on my lando and changed it to attack. So my team just doesn't have scarfers then? or should a mon be changed to a scarfer? Really appreciate you tho.
np but lando shouldnt be max atk max defense, it should be smthn like what i posted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)