Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Roost
- Scald
- Toxic

I built my team around these first two mons, and I really like Mantine as a Sp Def wall. It deals well with threats like Lando and Volcanrona (assuming it isn't Smack Down or Stone Edge Lando). The first two moves are fairly standard as removal is always good, and reliable recovery is needed for a wall. Scald is good for fishing for burns and dealing some damage, and toxic is good for dealing with other walls and spreading chip.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Ferrothorn is the second mon that I built around, and I think it is a brilliant spreader of hazards. Spikes and rocks are the hazards that it spreads, and t-wave is great for stopping fast mons. Gyro ball is good for dealing with some fast mons, but is mainly there so that Ferro isn't completely passive.

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Extreme Speed

This may be an odd set, but it is one of my best win cons. If I can get a sub set up against a passive mon such as Toxapex or Skarmory, then it is fairly easy for me to sweep with one or two d-dances. Thousand Arrows is arguably the best move in the game, and is great to spam with d-dances. E-speed is on in order to deal with fast mons or the rare TR team.

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

M-Medicham is on here in order to deal w/ Toxapex, Ferrothorn, T-tar, Lando-T, and Heatran which all walled me to a certain extent before. The last three moves are fairly standard on M-Medicham and deal with lots of threats. Bullet punch is run in order to get some priority for longer then the first turn (ie. Fake Out).

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shift Gear
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Fleur Cannon

Magearna is a solid mon who really fits on most teams, and is a brilliant z-crystal user. For the first draft of this team I ran Z-hypnosis Xurkitree and ran into issues with that, and so I figured having fairy nukes did well. My team is very fast and as such I thought that shift gear would be nice to put tremendous pressure. Volt switch is always nice to have for momentum.

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Incinerate
- Psychic

Thundy-T is the mon I am least certain of, and the main reason I am making this thread. In the first incarnation of my team I had a serious issue w/ Celesteela and Skarmory so I looked for a fire or electric type. I briefly ran Z-Hypnosis Xurkitree (as mentioned above), but figured I needed more inherent speed as none of my team was naturally very fast. To help with this I looked at potential electric or fire type scarfers and chose Thundy-T. U-turn is always good for momentum, and T-bolt is for dealing with the pesky steel/flying types. Incinerate is run for Ferrothorn and can deal over 75%, and psychic is for M-Lopunny and Hawlucha (although the last two moves are iffy in my thought).

Hey i decided to click on ur thread and when i went over all the Pokemon i saw a lot of problems, here are my changes.

Firstly i changed the Mantine spread to a more mixed spread, this is better fit to take on Pokemon such as Ash-Gren and Keldeo while still remaining an okay wall to things such as Mega Scizor. I also changed ur Ferrothorn spread to a more Specially Defensive spread, once again to take on Ash-Gren and Tapu Lele better. I also changed its set a bit, I feel like with my following changes dual hazards wasnt really needed thus i changed it to Spikes and Leech Seed, this gives it more over all utility while still setting up hazards for ur team. I also gave it Knock Off to cripple things such as Chansey and Power Whip for Water-types such as Ash-Gren. Then i felt like Mega Medicham was a really big problem for ur team so i added Reuniclus; not affected by any entry hazards and it can effectively wall Mega Medicham, it also gives u a slower win con against VenuSteela and such, the speed EVs let it ouspeed Toxapex. Now since ur team was still looking pretty weak to Stall i decided to add Mega Mawile, with Stealth Rock this can effectively get up Stealth Rock by forcing switches against things such as Mega Sableye. I then decided to add Keldeo as ur scarfer because i felt like this was pretty usefull against Volcarona which would still be really annoying despite having Mantine, it also helps against Tyranitar. Lastly i decided to put Landorus-T over Magearna as ur Z-move user because it can effecitvely break lots of Grass-types for u while also giving u another Ground-type immunity.

Your walls seem a little odd. If you're using Mantine as a pure special sponge to core with Ferrothorn, why is it defensively invested? I also question its ability to deal with Z-Fly Landorus.

252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252 Def Mantine: 336-396 (90 - 106.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
And that's with full defense investment, in the absence of a Swords Dance boost.

Also, a Ferrothorn without Leech Seed isn't a wall, it's a tank. It really can't act as part of the defensive core as a team in the same way. If you're intending on playing hyper-offensively, Skarmory works better as a suicide lead due to Sturdy.

Really not sure what's odd about your Zygarde. I think it's probably a better Z-move user than Magearna, though.

Bullet Punch on Medicham may seem nicer than Fake Out, but it misses a crucial advantage of Fake Out - the ability to come in multiple times on a setup sweeper and guarantee a revenge kill. This guy will just get killed after his Bullet Punch against things like DD Zygarde, Volcarona, etc.

Shift Gear Volt Switch is weird. If you're looking for a pivot, go Assault Vest. If you're looking for a sweeper, go Double Dance or Shift Gear Boltbeam STAB.

In current meta, there are no viable offensive electric types not named Tapu Koko. Replace Thundurus with a scarf Koko with T-Bolt, U-turn, Dazzling Gleam and Nature's Madness. Madness lets it land hits on defensive ground types, u-turn allows for unblockable momentum, and STAB attacks speak for themselves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)