The Everything NFL Thread - 2017-18 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just saw that hit by Alonso. I really don't understand why these guys feel the need to come in like that. Unless it's Russell Wilson or cam Newton you know damn well they're going to slide, you just have to make them know you're coming and then see them down. Guys these days are entirely too focused on delivering hits than actual tackling technique. It's rough, and I think they should be fining and suspending people to discourage it.

The NFL supposedly approved a rule regarding ejecting players due to "egregious hits to the head". It hasn't been put into practice yet. Hope it does next year. It's the third of such hit this year. Burfict, Trevathan, and now Alonso. Here's hoping Alonso gets at least the same two games Trevathan got (although I really thought Trevathan should've gotten at least 4 or 5).

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
The only thing I take offense to is his shitty technique because trying to ram your shoulder into someone isn't how you fucking tackle anyway. The way it played out wasn't dirty, it was simply unfortunate.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
The only thing I take offense to is his shitty technique because trying to ram your shoulder into someone isn't how you fucking tackle anyway. The way it played out wasn't dirty, it was simply unfortunate.
Yeah ramming your shoulder is bad tackling technique but it’s good technique to cause damage to someone. That’s kinda the whole point. That’s why it was dirty.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Yeah ramming your shoulder is bad tackling technique but it’s good technique to cause damage to someone. That’s kinda the whole point. That’s why it was dirty.
People are only calling it "dirty" because Flacco slid late and happened to get blasted in the head, but the result of the action taken is separate from the "dirtiness" of the action taken.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
People are only calling it "dirty" because Flacco slid late and happened to get blasted in the head, but the result of the action taken is separate from the "dirtiness" of the action taken.
If Kiko truly thought Flacco slid late, his original target zone would have been crushing his shoulder into Flaccos knee, which is just as dirty. Have you played organised football before? Because if you have, I'm a little dumbfounded how you can't see that as dirty no matter what way you look at it.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
re: juju housing it for 97 yards

meanwhile the lions hand the game to the stoolers by refusing to kick field goals

Prater had like 18 fantasy points (shit ton of FGs).

Lions tho..how the fuck do you toss up almost 500 yards and can’t push it the extra yard in the end zone.

Lions just want to be shit. They want to put up stats and have players around that do well..but still not take advantage of a Packers team giving away the division. Damn shame for them.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lions tho..how the fuck do you toss up almost 500 yards and can’t push it the extra yard in the end zone.
Have you seen their running backs? Inside the 5 is a tough place to play even against weaker defenses. Not surprising at all they struggled. Also the score should have been much higher, as two Pittsburgh wrs dropped wide open touchdowns.

I required an entire bottle of wine in order to sleep after that fiasco last night. Lions giving games away in the red zone again.

Also can we please trade Ebron? That dude makes me more anxious than the rest of the team combined. Fucking waste of a 1st rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)