Playoffs Smogon Tour 24 Play-offs - Finals [Won by Hiye]

Status
Not open for further replies.

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
1. Tricking vs 16. Empo - Tricking being the world's least relaxed tournament player will benefit him here as his preparation and attention to detail will, most likely, null out Empo's odd tricks.
2. Posho vs 15. teal6 - Realistically speaking Posho is better at these three generations than I am, but I'd love to spoil it for him.
3. Ojama vs 14. ZoroDark - ZoroDark becomes melancholy whenever he is in a Round 1 anyway, immediaitely committing seppuku for some reason. Ojama is my favorite to win the whole thing.
4. ABR vs. 13. Updated Kanto - I think this will go down to the wire and be much closer than people would think, but Kanto's strength lies in SM/ORAS where unfortunately for him I'd consider ABR the best active player of both gens.
5. blunder vs 12. Pohjis - Blunder's on a tear, he just straight wins games. A break from tryharding in Snake means this is a good chance for him to let loose.
6. FLCL vs. 11. Teclis - FLCL has been pretty dominant these last few months, and unfortunately I don't know too much about Teclis. Hope the newcomer gives us a good performance.
7. reyscarface vs. 10. Kory2600 - Rey seems fairly confident and I think will have a point to prove by putting Snake behind him.
8. Hiye vs. 9. Mounts - As someone who played Hiye like four times in the livetours this season I think he's absolutely incredible. Very cool under pressure, pulls the trigger when necessary but doesn't choke. I would not be surprised to see him go quite far in this tournament off the back of repeated SM and ORAS wins.

Real gutsy of me to predict the higher seed in literally every matchup.

1. Tricking vs. 16. Empo
2. Posho vs. 15. teal6
3. Ojama vs 14. ZoroDark
4. ABR vs. 13. Updated Kanto
5. blunder vs. 12. Pohjis
6. FLCL vs. 11. Teclis
7. reyscarface vs. 10. Kory2600
8. Hiye vs. 9. Mounts

1. Tricking vs 16. Empo
2. Posho vs 15. teal6
3. Ojama vs 14. ZoroDark
5. blunder vs 12. Pohjis
6. FLCL vs. 11. Teclis
8. Hiye vs. 9. Mounts

Predicting Blunder to win it all.

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
1. Tricking (SM,BW) vs 16. Empo (ORAS) - DARK POLLO GANG
2. Posho (SM,BW,ORAS) vs 15. teal6
3. Ojama (SM,ORAS) vs 14. ZoroDark (BW)
4. ABR (ORAS) vs. 13. Updated Kanto (SM,BW)
5. blunder (SM,ORAS,BW) vs 12. Pohjis
6. FLCL (SM) vs. 11. Teclis (ORAS,BW)
7. reyscarface (SM,BW) vs. 10. Kory2600 (ORAS)
8. Hiye (SM,BW) vs. 9. Mounts (ORAS)

1. Tricking vs 16. Empo
2. Posho vs 15. teal6
3. Ojama vs 14. ZoroDark
5. blunder vs 12. Pohjis
6. FLCL vs. 11. Teclis
8. Hiye vs. 9. Mounts

Tricking or Updated Kanto winning it all.

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
Well, I'll be taking over the Smogon Tour Records spreadsheet from now on.

These are some of the records featured during this season:
  • This is the first Smogon Tour play-offs for: Tricking, teal6, Updated Kanto, Pohjis, Teclis, Kory2600 and Hiye.
  • Second play-offs for: Empo(ST 23), ZoroDark(ST 19), ABR(ST 23), Mounts(ST 21); third for FLCL(ST 17 and ST 22); third in a row for Posho(ST 22 and ST 23); fourth in a row for blunder(ST 21, ST 22 and ST 23); fifth for reyscarface(ST 12, ST 13, ST 15 and ST 18); sixth for Ojama(ST 11, ST 14, ST 15, ST 17 and ST 19)
  • Ojama reached xtrashine in the record of player with the longest time span between first and last playoffs in which they took part (ST 11-24 and ST 9-22 respectively)
  • Posho is the only player that always reached at least finals in the play-offs he reached, while Empo, ABR and ZoroDark are the ones who never went past r1 in the play-offs they were in.
  • Blunder has to go past round 1 to break his downward trend (he reached round 2 in season 21 and just round 1 in season 22 and season 23), while FLCL has to get past r2 to keep his forward trend(he reached r1 in season 17 and then r2 in season 22) and Posho has to win the whole tour to also keep his forward trend (he reached finals in season 22 and and won season 23)
  • None of the current pairings happened in the past, and none of the possible pairings in these play-offs happened either.
And here is the full Smogon Tour Play-offs statistics spreadsheet. Feel free to pm me either here or on Discord (Posho#9193) if you find any error or record you feel should be added.

Last edited:
Glad Posho took over my job :) thank you friend!

1. Tricking vs 16. Empo (SM, BW)
2. Posho vs 15. teal6 (SM, ORAS)
3. Ojama vs 14. ZoroDark (idk what tiers that would be closer than expected)
4. ABR vs. 13. Updated Kanto (SM, BW)
5. blunder vs 12. Pohjis (SM, ORAS)
6. FLCL vs. 11. Teclis (ORAS, BW)
7. reyscarface vs. 10. Kory2600 (ORAS, BW)
8. Hiye vs. 9. Mounts (SM, ORAS)

1. Tricking vs 16. Empo // Empo is a good friend of mine and he's been playing really well lately but I cant go against the man that obliterated everybody in SM and is really solid at the other tiers as well. I do think that Empo can definitely win but it would be an upset.
2. Posho vs 15. teal6 // Posho aka the sweetest user on this site is a god of pokemon. Teal is probably evenly matched or slightly better in SM but Posho is one of the greatest BW players and outmatches teal in ORAS as well.
3. Ojama vs 14. ZoroDark // Ojama is the goat
4. ABR vs. 13. Updated Kanto // ABR has crazy teambuilding skills mixing defensive utility with the weirdest win conditions ever like Quag on offense or Sableye balance but I believe my boy Kekto is gonna take it if he gets solid matchups due to his extraordinary SM and ORAS play.
5. blunder vs 12. Pohjis // blundino is too powerful cant bet against him
6. FLCL vs. 11. Teclis // who?
7. reyscarface vs. 10. Kory2600 // rey been on a massive losing streak while Kory is in great form, I'll bet on his momentum.
8. Hiye vs. 9. Mounts // Close one but I believe mounts' experience gonna give him the W

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)