Playoffs Smogon Tour 24 Play-offs - Finals [Won by Hiye]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Lost to flcl in two, he definitly was more solid during the whole bo3 and got rewarded.

I know some people are disappointed by the plays I made during the series, and I won't blame them for that since it is something that you have hardly seen in any official tournament playoffs. Personally I'm fine with it. I have never been a very solid player, and those high pressure games were probably a bit too much for me. I won't apologize for those poor plays I can not undo, the better player won, and that's reassuring to see that notwithstanding the rest.

That being said, it was also my first Smogon Tour season. I played it for fun, having abandoned all pretense of reaching a good level months ago, and I perchance made it to the playoffs. But more than the ending, what I will recall is the overall experience of facing all those quality players in a good ambience (not sure it is the right word in English, but you should understand the idea), tapping on my phone while thinking to my plays, reading the chat animated by the french crew...That’s the best part in playing competitive mons I guess. No matter how good you are, you will always be able to really enjoy those live tournaments because of all those little elements.

As a french room moderator and someone who is quite involved in the french community in general, I am always speaking to beginners/newcomers to the competitive game, who see Smogon more like a huge abstract entity which sometimes ban they favorite Pokémons, or just the thing which created the rules they are following. I often read their thoughts, their doubts about the website. I remember how perplexed they were in front of all those cheating cases which occurred during the past few years.

I just don’t want them to only see that. Because Smogon is not that hostile and full-of-cheaters environnement they think they see during precise problems. Nothing is perfect and I’m pretty sure this community does not pretend to be. What I want them to see is also what I saw during those live tours, what I see in Discord servers, in Showdown chat rooms: all those good moments you are living with your pokepartners, all those epic matches, all those discussions about how to make the competitive game even more interesting, how to make the community even better.

There is a bunch of cool people here on Smogon, more than I could name in this post. So please just keep it up. Just keep working on this site, playing, having fun to make this university better, day by day.

I guess I should make s/o since I just lost in playoffs of an official tournament etc etc but there are so many persons I would like to thanks that I’m simply not brave enough to. Donc oui les gars, en lisant ça vous devriez vous reconnaître et savoir que je pense à vous :D Mounts, Kory, Ojama, je vous laisse la suite. Même si je suis tombé - un peu comme prévu - j'espère que vous ne serez pas trop déçus.

tldr: thanks to all the ST participants for making the regular season such a great experience, long live Smogon, et bonne chances les mecs !

Thunderbolt is the new Twinkle Tackle I guess...

Although I'm disappointed to lose, I need to become better at SM to grab those 16x16 pixels one day. I'm happy that I could improve so much in BW since the last time I reached playoffs. Also, I really enjoyed this series, especially the BW & ORAS games that were both incredibly close. I'm playing Pokemon for the emotions it gives, and boy was this series intense. Gl for the rest hiye, I was happy to face you. Thanks to the people who cheered for me. I hope to see my french fellas Ojama & kory go far (on se retrouve en finale une autre fois bast) as well as my dudes blunder and Empo. s/o team france, franais, rasp, skyrio, dann3 & kby, see you later smogon tour :D

Last edited:

Ojama

Banned deucer.
lost in 3 vs zorodark, ggs. not your fault but this was probably the most frustrating series ive ever played

still amazed by the stupidity of the smogtours chat. some of you cant even win more than 4 points in a whole season and you're making comments like u know what ure talking about. you make this community so toxic and ruin every god damn series, not even games like the ones i just played piss me off as much as your insufferable attitude. the worst part about pkmn isnt the rng, it's definitely retards like you

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
ggs posho, glad to have made ST playoffs for the first time even if i really didn't deserve to be there considering 3 people had to be banned haha. thanks to BTB, ABR and BKC for the squads, will definitely try and make POs again next time! this tour is a blast

lost in 3 vs zorodark, ggs. not your fault but this was probably the most frustrating series ive ever played

still amazed by the stupidity of the smogtours chat. some of you cant even win more than 4 points in a whole season and you're making comments like u know what ure talking about. you make this community so toxic and ruin every god damn series, not even games like the ones i just played piss me off as much as your insufferable attitude. the worst part about pkmn isnt the rng, it's definitely retards like you
Imagine being someone who people look for reasons to provoke. Stupid series though, sorry man.

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
16. Empo(SM) vs 8. Hiye(ORAS, BW)
2. Posho(ORAS, BW) vs. 10. Kory2600(SM)
14. ZoroDark(BW) vs 6. FLCL(SM, ORAS)
4. ABR(SM) vs 5. blunder(ORAS, BW)

16. Empo(SM) vs 8. Hiye(ORAS, BW) - empo's managed to topple some big dudes so this could obviously go either way. hiye had a decent showing in bw though so i'll give it to him
2. Posho(ORAS, BW) vs. 10. Kory2600(SM) - this prediction physically hurts me to make
14. ZoroDark(BW) vs 6. FLCL(SM, ORAS) - should be a nice and somewhat evenly matched series, i think zoro looked shakier so i'll give it to fooly
4. ABR(SM) vs 5. blunder(ORAS, BW) - maybe this is the tour?

i just copied a prediction from a few posts ago but realized i agreed with all the predictions o_o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)