Playoffs Smogon Tour 24 Play-offs - Finals [Won by Hiye]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Go Posho and Blunder

Blunder vs ABR gonna be sooo fire

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
16. Empo (ORAS, BW) vs 8. (SM) Hiye - These two are not as well known as the rest of the field, but still really solid. I'm actually excited to see both of them in the top 8 and I think they will have a quality series. Empo will likely just use some HOs, but he plays them well. I want to see what Hiye brings, specifically in SM, and if he can manage to put the match-up in his favor by being ready for the likely style Empo uses. I think a lot will come to that overall, with me favoring him in SM due to it being his best tier and him looking impressive recently, demonstrating the ability to prepare and execute. I favor Empo in BW and ORAS as I feel Hiye is simply not as well versed in these tiers and Empo will be able to play "his" game here. I can see ORAS being very close, so hopefully this'll be a good one like some of the r1 games!

2. Posho (SM, ORAS, BW) vs. 10. Kory2600 - I mean you have to favor Posho against pretty much everyone at this point, but Kory has been impressive enough to make this series close and interesting. I almost would go as far as favoring Kory in SM, but at the end of the day Posho's a bit too solid for me to pick against him. I think BW is the widest gap of the 3 and Posho could take that handily unless he faces like Leftiez Sun and isn't prepared. At the end of the day, we'll wait and see what happens, but Posho has momentum and is playing as good as ever whereas Kory isn't too shabby himself, so hopefully we will have some close games with Posho coming out on top.

14. ZoroDark (ORAS, BW) vs 6. (SM) FLCL - One of the closer series here and hopefully a good one. People will probably try to take away from Zoro's advancing because he got lucky, but he def won the SM game regardless and ORAS he had a good shot at anyway. FLCL had a pretty easy opponent who handed him g2, but he still looked strong nevertheless. I think FLCL is probably the favorite in most people's eyes, but I think Zoro is underrated in ORAS and this will probably be the decider as Zoro is stronger in BW while FLCL is stronger in SM. A lot will likely come down to prep and building, which I think Zoro will put more time into, so favoring him given that and how I feel about him in ORAS as of late.

4. ABR (SM, BW) vs 5. blunder (ORAS) - I think most people would probably swap BW and ORAS, but I know ABR has been in the lab for BW for a while and I feel he is really solid there whereas blunder has always taken a liking to ORAS and played really well there whenever I watch (also wasn't too fond of ABR's team last round, even if it did get the job done in ORAS). I think this will be a great series to watch between two top current gen/ORAS OU players who everyone knows and these kinda sets are great for the community and competition, but I feel like the games will be disappointing just because a lot of the overhyped games of late have been letdowns. Hopefully this gut feeling is wrong, but anyway I will slightly favor ABR in what is sure to be an interesting, if nothing else, series.​

blunder

the bobby fischer of pokemon
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 25 Championis a defending SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
16. Empo vs 8. Hiye - despite empo possibly being the most one dimensional player to ever touch sun and moon, and exclusively using b rank pokemon alongside lead drill, i think this series will come down to sm. hiye's checklist in preparation for sm will be "how do i beat mega gyarados" thus i'd favor him heavily. oras is p even and both are pretty good and creative in this tier which i've been seeing since their older olt appearances. i like hiyes teams a lot especially in new gens but i think empo is better in bw. this'll prob come down to oras which is a big tossup to me but imma give hiye the edge bc i like his teams more and his fanclub has gotta be the most insufferable group i ever came across really reminiscent of when ctc had the gang ruining every tournament game chat in 2013-14 and i can't hate on that, stay antagonizing ppl megastaruniverse, u got a fan in me

2. Posho vs. 10. Kory2600 - posho has been my favorite new gen player for most of the year and is a blast to watch when he's not using
he's one of the most offensive players and prob best bw player left too and u already know bc of that kory is coming in hot w
either way i think sm is the closest and pretty even too but i think posho is gonna flex seeing as his track record is 3/3 stour playoffs, 2 finals and he was 2nd seed this year. i rode his nuts hard enough so ill praise kory by saying im a fan of the oras teams, cool series coming

14. ZoroDark vs 6. FLCL - two guys that had the honor of being apart of the worst sets last series so im hyped for this one. i dont know that much about zorodark outside of lc where hes the GOAT but the set vs ojama was pretty messy and from what i've seen he participates in a lot of tours but often times falls short. nevertheless i think this set will be pretty close and i think both wont bring boring teams so looking forward to that. flcl been havin a great year in tournaments, especially in ou so im thinking he has the edge in oras and sm after he broke his wcop 5% win rate. cool series looking forward to it

4. ABR vs 5. blunder - the clear fan favorite here no surprise, comedic and likable personality coupled with all around good playing and one of the most ballsdeep players of all time in pokemon history makes it hard for almost anyone to favor "how do i make the least plays possible" abr. no one is gonna root for someone who robs every game when the beacon of fairness and humble play is on the other side. as finch said if the games are disappointing ull know exactly why since abrs history vs players that are superior is

Aliss

is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
16. Empo vs 8. Hiye - I don't care what anyone says, Empo is actually amazing. Yes, he uses HO a lot, but he knows how to use it very well, as shown by his 2-0 victory lasting only 11 minutes over 1st seed Tricking who won SM 3 weeks. Expecting Hiye to take ORAS and Empo to easily take the other two.
2. Posho vs 10. Kory2600 - While that Rey vs Kory series was super hype, I think it made Kory use up all his luck for this entire tour, and there's really no stopping Posho now. Seriously, how comes we ban mons that 'overcentralize the meta' but someone overcentralizing this tour and winning at signups like Posho is still allowed for the 3d time in a row :(
14. ZoroDark vs 6. FLCL - All I know is that Fleur crit FLCLs wincon and seeing the ridiculous luck Zoro had against Ojama (not saying it actually mattered for sure but it was definitely there), he'll easily do the same.
4. ABR vs 5. blunder -
4. ABR vs 5. blunder - the clear fan favorite here no surprise, comedic and likable personality coupled with all around good playing and one of the most ballsdeep players of all time in pokemon history makes it hard for almost anyone to favor "how do i make the least plays possible" abr. no one is gonna root for someone who robs every game when the beacon of fairness and humble play is on the other side. as finch said if the games are disappointing ull know exactly why since abrs history vs players that are superior is
POSHO OR BLUNDER TO WIN IT ALL :]

mael

not the same but equal
is a Community Contributorwon the 14th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
empo bc he wins despite ppl knowing what he's gonna bring. master of ho. lets go my man!
posho bc since his loss to fv in spl he's been hot. that's p much the entire year btw. i'd not be overwhelmed by surprise if kory takes this one though.
flcl bc he's just superior playing skill wise. it'd be a huge upset in my eyes if zoro takes this.
abr vs blunderr can go either way.

Blazenix

浮気は犯罪行為
is an Artistis a Community Contributor
Heated match ups oml

16. Empo vs 8. Hiye
2. Posho vs. 10. Kory2600
14. ZoroDark vs 6. FLCL
4. ABR vs 5. blunder
GO POSHITO *^*

16. Empo vs 8. Hiye despite his opponents absolutely terrific recent playing in all 3 tiers, i'm going to give empo another biased ass prediction. get em kiddo
2. Posho vs. 10. Kory2600 it looks hard to stop posho in the midst of his flaming hot streak. kory played excellently in sm/oras last round but is likely to start with an 0-1 bw deficit again so he will have to work hard for this one
14. ZoroDark vs 6. FLCL zoro usually plays real well but then mixes in the occasional bonehead move. could this signal the return of alola marowak? regardless he has been one of the best around in oras / sm and has been good at bw for a long time. flcl is similar so this is real tight but i'd slightly favor him. will be a good series to watch
4. ABR vs 5. blunder easy highlight. this non prediction isnt just cause theyre my buddies its cause i really cant tell. like they went 1-1 in spl 7 and abr is generally more composed but then you have games like that one where blunders 3 attack sd kartana just kartwheeled its way through abrs stall team, lol. like abr is game-to-game consistent and blund can dip a little low but he can also skyrocket to levels where on average abr might not be able to keep up. however in such a high stakes situation i think abr wont be getting caught off guard by hitherto unsuspected high levels of play and also will have structured his teams in the most suffocating way possible. blunder is aware of this so itll be very very interesting to see how he attacks these games. definitely gonna see some potentially major advancement of the sm meta in that battle which will be a furious back-and-forth and so will oras hashtag suicune isnt broken but megagross is. bw could be really stupid or really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)