Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Battle Mechanics Research (Read Post #2)

Does Water Bubble (Araquanid's Ability) still function the same as in SM?

How about the Sheer Force + LO interaction?

Asking because these always seem like mistakes waiting to be fixed imo.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Does Water Bubble (Araquanid's Ability) still function the same as in SM?

How about the Sheer Force + LO interaction?

Asking because these always seem like mistakes waiting to be fixed imo.
Water Bubble's damage multiplier is the same.

Sheer Force still negates LO recoil.

Why do you keep asking about changes from SM mechanics? You realize it would desync online battles between SM and USM players, right?
I've been unable to find any information that goes one way or another, but I'm pretty sure this is like XY/ORAS where the games aren't actually compatible to battle. I do agree though that it's unlikely that there would be any major changes to existing battle mechanics that don't involve a newly added Move, Pokemon, Ability, or Forme.

I've been unable to find any information that goes one way or another, but I'm pretty sure this is like XY/ORAS where the games aren't actually compatible to battle. I do agree though that it's unlikely that there would be any major changes to existing battle mechanics that don't involve a newly added Move, Pokemon, Ability, or Forme.
There seem to be 2 battle modes, one with compatibility where only SM stuff can be used and one that's USUM only. Either way, I'd think changes could be possible like from GS to Crystal, where Crystal's mechanics override the GS ones in link battles.

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
Are abilities such as Huge Power and Pure Power factored for the Photon Geyser "highest attack stat" calculation ? Can they double the power of Photon Geyser, since it's technically a special move ?

does battle bond still only increase water shuriken power? Does it have new mechanical effects like increase water moves by some percentage value? Also does -ate abilities still have the 20% power boosts?

Does bubblebeam work with sheerforce now or does it still not work? Checked over in the battle calculator and apparently the damage remains unchanged.

apparently totem pokemon can summon allies while asleep. My lilligant used z-sleep powder on mimikyu and it summoned a jellicent the same turn.

apparently totem pokemon can summon allies while asleep. My lilligant used z-sleep powder on mimikyu and it summoned a jellicent the same turn.
I think... it was already the case in Sun and Moon. Totem Pokemon can summon allies whenever they feel like doing so.

How does Mind Blown react to Powder? And how about Fly/Protect? And what about Wonder Guard (on a Pokémon that would block Fire Types)? How does Mind Blown react to Flash Fire?

Does Plasma Fists bypass Volt Absorb, Lightning Rod, etc.

Does Clangorous Soulblaze get effected by Sheer Force? What happens is 1 or more (but not all) of the stats is all ready maxed out? Did Z-Move boosts bypass Contrary (gives the +1 instead of -1), if so, does this move bypass it too?

Are any of the new moves like Chatter, being blocked from being selected (Sketch, Metronome, Assist, Mimic, Mirror Move, etc.), or is like Hyper Space Fury, selectable (or hackable) but fails if not the right species of Pokémon?

Can Rayquaza be hacked to be able to Ultra Burst without removing its ability to Mega Evolve, if so, which takes priority (we know that Z-Moves>Mega Evolution and Ultra Burst>Z-Moves, how about Ultra Burst vs. Mega Evolution)?

If two Pokémon have the same speed stat, and one tries to Mega Evolve and one tries to Ultra Burst, will one take priority, or is it 50/50 on who changes first? (How does a normal double Mega Evolution speed tie work? Does it compare their pe-Mega Evolution stats or their post-Mega Evolution stats?)

Does Plasma Fists bypass Volt Absorb, Lightning Rod, etc.
It doesn't do anything to immunities.

If two Pokémon have the same speed stat, and one tries to Mega Evolve and one tries to Ultra Burst, will one take priority, or is it 50/50 on who changes first? (How does a normal double Mega Evolution speed tie work? Does it compare their pe-Mega Evolution stats or their post-Mega Evolution stats?)
It doesn't do anything to immunities.

The question how the animation between a Pokémon Mega Evolving and a Pokémon Ultra Bursting at the same time is handled (ether by say you using Ultra Burst and your opponent using Mega Evolution, or by doing both yourself in a double battle), which is not explained in the OP post.

Stomping Tantrum is viable on Lycanroc so I'd like to make sure the mechanics are 100% understood.

Does Stomping Tantrum double when the users's previous attack gets blocked by psychic terrain?
Does Stomping Tantrum double when the users's toxic gets blocked by misty/electric terrain?
Does Stomping Tantrum double when the users's previous attack missed?
Does Stomping Tantrum double when the user attacks into abilities like flash fire / water absorb / sap sipper? What about levitate?

the burned 300 Atk Necrozma still uses its attack stat for Photon Geyser over the 200 SpA, and as such deals damage coming from the Atk stat, which is then halved by the burn.
If it deals damage coming from the Atk stat, is this because its category changes to Physical, or is this a new mechanic that we haven't seen before? (I assume you can determine the category of the move by whether it activates a Kee Berry or a Maranga Berry.)

If it deals damage coming from the Atk stat, is this because its category changes to Physical, or is this a new mechanic that we haven't seen before? (I assume you can determine the category of the move by whether it activates a Kee Berry or a Maranga Berry.)
It's just conditionally Psystrike but in reverse, isn't it?

AFAIK Photon Geyser is always a special move, no matter whether it picks Attack or Special Attack.

Stomping Tantrum is viable on Lycanroc so I'd like to make sure the mechanics are 100% understood.

Does Stomping Tantrum double when the users's previous attack gets blocked by psychic terrain?
Does Stomping Tantrum double when the users's toxic gets blocked by misty/electric terrain?
Does Stomping Tantrum double when the users's previous attack missed?
Does Stomping Tantrum double when the user attacks into abilities like flash fire / water absorb / sap sipper? What about levitate?
From what I gathered, Stomping Tantrum requires "But it failed!" message to be displayed for its power doubled. If a move is blocked by the effect of a terrain, it will display "Pokemon surrounds itself with X terrain!" instead. If the attack missed, it will state: "Pokemon avoided the attack!". Hitting Levitate with Ground-type move will display: "It doens't affect Pokemon..."

And Toxic isn't blocked by electric terrain. Though maybe someone else will know the actual answer.

Anyway, here are my questions:
If Clangorous Soulblaze interacts with Wide Guard, will it bypass Wide Guard and deal 25% damage to the opponent? Or is it something else?
If it's in Doubles, what happens if Clangorous Soulblaze hit one that's immune to Dragon-type while the other one is affected by Dragon-type? Will it still receive the stat boosts?

Last edited:
What if then a necrozma originally had equal atk and spatk, and then gets burned? would geyser always do full damage? always half? or random?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)