Project USM OU Teambuilding Competition V2 - Round 19: Stakataka (Voting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 196 HP / 184 Atk / 16 SpD / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Volt Switch
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Tapu Bulu @ Rockium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Toxapex @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

So basically what I've learned when using bad mons is that the best thing to do is just use fat even though this team sucks but i used two unranked mons so you have to vote for me. But for real though, basically the point of this team is just to weaken stuff and volt turn around until you sweep with bulu. With a good defensive core in mew+scizor+pex (and even kinda buzzwole) not many things are breaking through you. This allows you to weaken the other team with wisp, tspikes, rocks, volt switch, u turn etc until you kinda just wear them down. That's what this team basically tries to accomplish.

A quick look at my signature will tell you that this round IS MY CALLING

Tenshi Koko (Tapu Koko) @ Fairium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam

Kurai Tenshi (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

F L E X (Buzzwole) @ Leftovers
EVs: 196 HP / 200 Atk / 112 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Biohazards (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

Meep meep meep (Mantine) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Toxic
- Defog

Landos 'R' Us (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Explosion

Zard X + Buzzwole breaks the entire tier. Nice glue with ferro-mantine to set up and remove hazards for Zard X. Koko to pivot and destroy ground types with +1 twinkle tackle. Scarf Lando cause I need speed control, ground immunity, lando stuff you know. Click the Buzzwole icon in my signature for a fuck ton of replays and explanation of the Buzzwole set.

Chokepic

You're a choker if you say you've never choked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Last round was volcanion round, and now I can post a primarina team. I love the last two SM rounds <3

Importable: https://pastebin.com/sptzJHPW

Explanation:

I started building with primarina because I love it <3. Also it isn't as bad as you think, it was like B- a few months ago and many teams hasn't a correct switch to it.

Magnezone is here for trapping ferro (because primarina doesn't ensure the KO with hp) and scizor, and to deal with peli, toxapex and mantine. It is also the lele switch.

Venusaur/zone/mew is the defensive core, a bit weak to flynium-lando, but you can solve it with ice beam mew and with cube.

Lando eases the matchup vs fat builds and is your rock setter.

Scarf cube gives you the speed that the teams need. It's a lure for u-turn gren (obviusly non scarf gren, I mean the gash set with u-turn) and also for koko it is at low hp and you haven't reveal the cube set.

Relevant calcs:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Bulu: 262-309 (93.2 - 109.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 228+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 186-220 (46 - 54.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 340-402 (109.3 - 129.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Kyurem-Black: 337-397 (86.1 - 101.5%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tyranitar-Mega in Sand: 330-390 (96.7 - 114.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Tyranitar-Mega Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Primarina: 247-292 (82 - 97%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage

I hope you like the team!

Last edited:
Serein
SM OU Bulky Offense

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 72 Def / 140 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog

Primarina (F) @ Primarium Z
Ability: Torrent
Modest Nature
- Sparkling Aria
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Substitute

Charizard-Mega-X (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Hawlucha (M) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
Out of all the unranked Pokémon, I find Primarina the best, clearly a lot better than most C- Pokémon, but instead of discussing viability, let's discuss the actual team. I started with Primarina but instead of using the 'standard' Choice Specs set, I decided to use a Substitute Primarinium Z set akin to Volcanion's Substitute Waterium Z set, the set works similarly to Volcanion's set as most Water-types still take like 3 hits to break the Substitute, and it can still beat Toxapex with Psychic, and, unlike Volcanion, it has much better coverage from it's STABs and it's typing makes it a soft check to rain and Ash Greninja. After that I added 3 Attacks + Roost Charizard-X as they couple really well together, with Zard-X breaking the likes of Celesteela and Ferrothorn for Primarina. After that I added Ferrothorn which gives Spikes and another Water resist along with an answer to Tapu Koko. Speaking of Koko, I decided to add one of my own as it breaks down Water-type for both Charizard-X and Primarina and gives the team more Speed and momentum. If you haven't realised yet, I'm a huge fan of Hawlucha and it actually fits perfectly on the team giving me a revenge killer, a win condition, and a hell of a lot of fun! Finally Mew was added cuz' I desperately needed a Deffoger that paired well with Ferrothorn, Mew also gave e a physical wall which the team didn't have up until then, and a pivot for Lele as well, as risking Ferrothorn to Specs Hidden Power [Fire] or Focus Blast may not always be the best idea.

Last edited:

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power Ice
- Earthquake

Altaria @ Altarianite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Magnezone @ Electrium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Fire Punch

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

I was not quite sure what the team got, so in the end I decided on Starmie. It is a sure, since it fits with any style, above all offensive and balanced as in this case. Well, maybe it's a bit strange to have Rapid Spin + Defog, but it does not seem like such a bad idea. His bulky set is useful as it holds up better and with Toxic wears normally passive mons. I needed something for bulky waters and I came up with growth av + Knock off disables the opposite. EQ is coverage for Tran + Pex. Sludge can be a respectable option vs Bulu. I have Hp Ice because I have a lot of Fire spam. In the following there is not much to explain, core of Altaria + Zone that covers well between them ending the threats of both. From here I needed a mon with SR and it fit well dark + ghost spam, Ttar was perfect here. Finally my user Defog Zapdos, since I also needed something for spam flying like Tornadus / MPinsir that have fighting coverage like Superpower / CC.

Last edited:

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- U-Turn

Keldeo @ Waterium Z
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Substitute

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 88 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Earthquake

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-Turn
- Wish
- Protect

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

This team was clearly one of my favourite for the end of the SM metagame, as it features sereval mons that I feel are underrated, namely Band Staraptor, Spd Rachi and Scarf Drill. The Team itself is pretty simple: Staraptor provide its incredible wallbreaking power to ease a sweep/clean of both Calm Mind Keldeo and Scarf Excadrill. Jirachi is there to completely shut down threats such as Tapu Lele and Magearna while still providing a lot of support for the other team member in the form of wishpassing and u-turn. Aditionally, it does pair pretty well with M-Venu, as while Venu is able to take care of Ash-Gren, but is bopped by Lele, Rachi can check Lele but can be broken by Gren. Finally, Keldeo eases the match-up versus Stall and Drill serve as a way to clean hazards off the field while still acting as a revenge killer

Last edited:

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 176 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Alomomola (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Def / 156 SpD / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Scald

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 156 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog

Pyukumuku @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Innards Out
Level: 96
EVs: 252 HP
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Recover
- Counter
- Taunt
- Toxic

Its Double Defog Stall, Chansey is the staple of any stall team and helps set up rocks, Clefable's role is to be a useful Cleric and stops threats that like to set up such as Zygarde and Hawlucha; Zapdos defogs hazards away, walls Pinsir and Kartana and helps applies pp pressure to opposing stall.

Alomomola tanks hits and switches out while also being the 2nd wish passer on this team which is very handy, I gave it 96 speed so I can beat adamant max speed Alolan Marowak and is helpful to speed creep vs the odd slow Mega Mawile.

Mew walls Mega Medicham and Landorus-t and is a very useful defogger and applys will o wisp burns to weaken physical attackers such as Mega Mawile and Tapu Bulu.

Pyukumuku helps shut down popular stall breakers that would normally threaten the Stall playstyle thanks to it's ability Innards Out, making it level 96 and lowering down the defensive IVs to 0 helps getting Pyukumuku knocked out easier but in return usually a OHKO vs threats such as Tapu Koko and Hoopa-Unbound.

Eclipse

Like a chimp with a machine gun
is a Contributor Alumnus
Some fire teams weve got here, let's vote before we move onto USM mons:

Team 1

Xurkitree @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Power-Up Punch
- Encore

I saw some people talk about Xurkitree in the OU Discord and decided to test it out for myself i believe this is its best set Z-Hypnosis is still very good and can sweep but 3 attacks z-tbolt lets Xurkitree nuke even Electric-type resists. Ash-Gren is one of Xurkitree's best companions it allows Xurkitree to effectively lure and OHKO many of Ash-Gren's checks with a Spike up at +3 like Chansey, Mega Venusaur, Tangrowth, Ferrothorn, and of course THAPEX. A solid defensive back bone consisting of AV Magearna and Defensive Lando creates a voltturn core and helps to bring in Xurkitree, Mega Lopunny, and Ash-Gren easier. I decided to add Latias because of its ability to remove hazards, it also has access to Healing Wish over Latios which lets it bring back Xurkitree and Ash-Gren if they ever get low. Lastly i decided to add Mega Lopunny because of its good synergy with Ash-Gren.

Team 2

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn

Dragalge @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SpA / 32 Spe
Modest Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

This mon is fire; Dragalge is nice since it is a Toxic Spiker which can check the likes of Tapu Koko, Ash-Gren, Tapu Bulu, as well as opposing Tspike absorbers like Mega Venu and Toxapex all in one slot with Devastating Drake. This set outspeeds Hippo but more or less Speed can be run as you see fit. Mega Medicham is the primary wallbreaker I paired with Dragalge. Ash Gren is the secondary wallbreaker and one of the main wincons of this team, which greatly appreciates Dragalge being able to weaken/eliminate Pex/Venu while also weakening AV Magearna for Dragalge (its hardest counter next to Celesteela). I run U-turn here over Spikes since I have Ferro for Spikes and the ability to pivot on its checks and bring in Dragalge or Medi on Pex and such is really nice for this team, and the momentum is much appreciated. Heatran as my Rocker/main stallbreaker, Lando as my revenge killer with Superpower for Kartana. Finally a nice standard Ferrothorn with Gyro Ball over Knock for faster offensive mons like Latios which can prove to be a nuisance.

TLDR; Dragalge is flames

Team 3

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 228 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Spikes

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Thunderbolt
- Fleur Cannon
- Focus Blast

Araquanid @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- Superpower
- Knock Off

so i wanted to build with araquanid but didnt want to go with trick room because everytime i tried making a trick room team it justs ended up being almost identical to sorry's team, so i instead decided to go with rain. i started with a basic rain core in damp rock pelipper mega swampert and ferrothorn and then added cb araquanid.after testing a few versions of the team, i realized that araquanid ended up often being deadweight or at least doing very little because of its poor speed. i dont know why i thought this was a good idea, but i thought that making a semi room team could be cool so that araquanid could benefit from rain boosting its liquidations while helping with its poor speed and it somehow ended up working pretty decently, which was surprising. tornadus was added since its able to deal with grass types and gives some speed control outside of rain/trick room.

anyways araquanid is pretty cool since its strong as hell and can punch holes in everything with rain boosted liquidations, making it easier for pert to clean up late game. you basically only need liquidation so even if you are running cb you can use rest to get back health on a forced switch to stay healthy. the bulk is also really nice, it can eat up any hits from ash gren which is great since ash gren which is pretty annoying for this team as im not running sp def ferro. trick room is interesting since it provides some speed control outside of rain, so you basically either outspeed most things with swampert in rain or with magearna/araquanid in trick room which makes it hard to deal with offensively, and defensively, dealing with life orb torn and araquanid is pretty annoying for fatter teams.

overall one of the most fun teams i made this gen although its pretty stupid and definitely isnt that good.

Team 4
Shuckle (F) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Final Gambit/Rock Tomb

Medicham (F) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch

Mimikyu (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

Bisharp (F) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Xurkitree @ Electrium Z / Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Energy Ball / Hypnosis

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This is a really cool webs team that I made for fun because Xurkitree is actually a pretty neat mon to use on Webs teams because it can completely bust through bulkier teams if used correctly. Basically, this team started off with the framework of the "big 3" of webs in Shuckle, Mimikyu, and Bisharp to set up Webs and dissuade hazard control respectively. After that, I decided to add on Mega Medicham because it actually pairs pretty well with Bisharp and can tear through offense with a lot of the normal offensive checks with it on the ground. Then, I added on Xurkitree and Wacan Manaphy to function as special breakers that can double as lategame win conditions. Bullet Punch Mega Medicham snipes Mega Diancie for Shuckle, Wacan Berry Hidden Power Fire Manaphy helps lure in offensive electrics as well as Ferrothorn for the team, as this team currently lacks a Ground-type, and Xurkitree can either be Z Hypnosis or Z Thunderbolt depending on whether or not you prefer to have a one time nuke to take a chunk out of something or a somewhat risky late game win condition. Team's super fun to use and I highly recommend you guys try it n_n.

Team 5

So this is a fun team that can utterly destroy you. The idea is to set up webs with lil Shuckle, maybe set up Rocks and then Encore and trap the opponent if possible. Webs are all that is needed. The whole team makes great use of it, like M-Mawile that hits hard, Xurkitree with the MSU-Shuca-Special and ofc Sub Bulu. But the main highlight of this team is Z-Acupressure-Drapion. This Mons devastating. The Z move increases the crit chance by +1 on top of it the ability sniper also adds to the crit chance + the Stabs Cross Poison and Nightslash too. Therefore you basically always crit. That equals a +1 attack boost that is never going to be affected by Lando-Ts intimidate. Here you can see just how good Drapion can be: It's not my replay but it's perfect for showcasing its abilities. I hope you enjoy this pure awesome heat! :)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-526752102 A game where Drapion rapes on its own.

A game where the team put in some work. Really good showcase on the first attempt:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-659049284

Drapion @ Normalium Z
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acupressure
- Earthquake
- Night Slash
- Cross Poison

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Encore
- Infestation

Xurkitree @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tail Glow

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Taunt
- Wood Hammer

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch

Team 6

Cerberus (Houndoom-Mega) (M) @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb

James (Amoonguss) (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stun Spore

Melemele (Tapu Koko) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dazzling Gleam

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 17 Atk
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

El Luchador (Hawlucha) (M) @ Electric Seed
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Drain Punch

This is a team built around my BOY Mega Houndoom. Sadly, it's unranked on the VR, so it fits perfectly here. Plus, 140 SpA is no joke; Mega Houndoom has no switchins at +2 except Chansey (obviously) and TTar in sand. If you've seen this before, that's because I already have an RMT on it. Link here.

Team 7

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
EVs: 196 HP / 184 Atk / 16 SpD / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive
Adamant Nature
- Volt Switch
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Impish Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Tapu Bulu @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Toxapex @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

So basically what I've learned when using bad mons is that the best thing to do is just use fat even though this team sucks but i used two unranked mons so you have to vote for me. But for real though, basically the point of this team is just to weaken stuff and volt turn around until you sweep with bulu. With a good defensive core in mew+scizor+pex (and even kinda buzzwole) not many things are breaking through you. This allows you to weaken the other team with wisp, tspikes, rocks, volt switch, u turn etc until you kinda just wear them down. That's what this team basically tries to accomplish.

Team 8

Tenshi Koko (Tapu Koko) @ Fairium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam

Kurai Tenshi (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

F L E X (Buzzwole) @ Leftovers
EVs: 196 HP / 200 Atk / 112 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Biohazards (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

Meep meep meep (Mantine) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Toxic
- Defog

Landos 'R' Us (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Explosion

Zard X + Buzzwole breaks the entire tier. Nice glue with ferro-mantine to set up and remove hazards for Zard X. Koko to pivot and destroy ground types with +1 twinkle tackle. Scarf Lando cause I need speed control, ground immunity, lando stuff you know. Click the Buzzwole icon in my signature for a fuck ton of replays and explanation of the Buzzwole set.

Team 9

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Magnezone @ Assault Vest
EVs: 136 HP / 192 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 156 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Knock Off

Mew @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Claw

Explanation:

I started building with primarina because I love it <3. Also it isn't as bad as you think, it was like B- a few months ago and many teams hasn't a correct switch to it.

Magnezone is here for trapping ferro (because primarina doesn't ensure the KO with hp) and scizor, and to deal with peli, toxapex and mantine. It is also the lele switch.

Venusaur/zone/mew is the defensive core, a bit weak to flynium-lando, but you can solve it with ice beam mew and with cube.

Lando eases the matchup vs fat builds and is your rock setter.

Scarf cube gives you the speed that the teams need. It's a lure for u-turn gren (obviusly non scarf gren, I mean the gash set with u-turn) and also for koko it is at low hp and you haven't reveal the cube set.

Relevant calcs:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Bulu: 262-309 (93.2 - 109.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 228+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 186-220 (46 - 54.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 340-402 (109.3 - 129.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Kyurem-Black: 337-397 (86.1 - 101.5%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tyranitar-Mega in Sand: 330-390 (96.7 - 114.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Tyranitar-Mega Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Primarina: 247-292 (82 - 97%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage

Team 10

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 72 Def / 140 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog

Primarina (F) @ Primarium Z
Modest Nature
- Sparkling Aria
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Substitute

Charizard-Mega-X (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Hawlucha (M) @ Electric Seed
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
Out of all the unranked Pokémon, I find Primarina the best, clearly a lot better than most C- Pokémon, but instead of discussing viability, let's discuss the actual team. I started with Primarina but instead of using the 'standard' Choice Specs set, I decided to use a Substitute Primarinium Z set akin to Volcanion's Substitute Waterium Z set, the set works similarly to Volcanion's set as most Water-types still take like 3 hits to break the Substitute, and it can still beat Toxapex with Psychic, and, unlike Volcanion, it has much better coverage from it's STABs and it's typing makes it a soft check to rain and Ash Greninja. After that I added 3 Attacks + Roost Charizard-X as they couple really well together, with Zard-X breaking the likes of Celesteela and Ferrothorn for Primarina. After that I added Ferrothorn which gives Spikes and another Water resist along with an answer to Tapu Koko. Speaking of Koko, I decided to add one of my own as it breaks down Water-type for both Charizard-X and Primarina and gives the team more Speed and momentum. If you haven't realised yet, I'm a huge fan of Hawlucha and it actually fits perfectly on the team giving me a revenge killer, a win condition, and a hell of a lot of fun! Finally Mew was added cuz' I desperately needed a Deffoger that paired well with Ferrothorn, Mew also gave e a physical wall which the team didn't have up until then, and a pivot for Lele as well, as risking Ferrothorn to Specs Hidden Power [Fire] or Focus Blast may not always be the best idea.

Team 11

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power Ice
- Earthquake

Altaria @ Altarianite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Magnezone @ Electrium Z
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Fire Punch

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

I was not quite sure what the team got, so in the end I decided on Starmie. It is a sure, since it fits with any style, above all offensive and balanced as in this case. Well, maybe it's a bit strange to have Rapid Spin + Defog, but it does not seem like such a bad idea. His bulky set is useful as it holds up better and with Toxic wears normally passive mons. I needed something for bulky waters and I came up with growth av + Knock off disables the opposite. EQ is coverage for Tran + Pex. Sludge can be a respectable option vs Bulu. I have Hp Ice because I have a lot of Fire spam. In the following there is not much to explain, core of Altaria + Zone that covers well between them ending the threats of both. From here I needed a mon with SR and it fit well dark + ghost spam, Ttar was perfect here. Finally my user Defog Zapdos, since I also needed something for spam flying like Tornadus / MPinsir that have fighting coverage like Superpower / CC.

Team 12

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- U-Turn

Keldeo @ Waterium Z
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Substitute

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 88 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Earthquake

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-Turn
- Wish
- Protect

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

This team was clearly one of my favourite for the end of the SM metagame, as it features sereval mons that I feel are underrated, namely Band Staraptor, Spd Rachi and Scarf Drill. The Team itself is pretty simple: Staraptor provide its incredible wallbreaking power to ease a sweep/clean of both Calm Mind Keldeo and Scarf Excadrill. Jirachi is there to completely shut down threats such as Tapu Lele and Magearna while still providing a lot of support for the other team member in the form of wishpassing and u-turn. Aditionally, it does pair pretty well with M-Venu, as while Venu is able to take care of Ash-Gren, but is bopped by Lele, Rachi can check Lele but can be broken by Gren. Finally, Keldeo eases the match-up versus Stall and Drill serve as a way to clean hazards off the field while still acting as a revenge killer

Team 13

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 176 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Alomomola (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Def / 156 SpD / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Scald

Mew @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog

Pyukumuku @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Innards Out
Level: 96
EVs: 252 HP
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Recover
- Counter
- Taunt
- Toxic

Its Double Defog Stall, Chansey is the staple of any stall team and helps set up rocks, Clefable's role is to be a useful Cleric and stops threats that like to set up such as Zygarde and Hawlucha; Zapdos defogs hazards away, walls Pinsir and Kartana and helps applies pp pressure to opposing stall.

Alomomola tanks hits and switches out while also being the 2nd wish passer on this team which is very handy, I gave it 96 speed so I can beat adamant max speed Alolan Marowak and is helpful to speed creep vs the odd slow Mega Mawile.

Mew walls Mega Medicham and Landorus-t and is a very useful defogger and applys will o wisp burns to weaken physical attackers such as Mega Mawile and Tapu Bulu.

Pyukumuku helps shut down popular stall breakers that would normally threaten the Stall playstyle thanks to it's ability Innards Out, making it level 96 and lowering down the defensive IVs to 0 helps getting Pyukumuku knocked out easier but in return usually a OHKO vs threats such as Tapu Koko and Hoopa-Unbound.

Lots of fun teams, let's vote for the last round before we shift into USM rounds, voting will end on Monday, good luck!

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Team 1: Cool team in theory, but I don't like Lopunny too much and I think this team kind of hates Toxapex in the mid-game / late game scenario. Never liked the Scarf Lati trend this meta has either, always shaky never really consistent.

Team 2: Sort of hates any offensive Lando and is forced to revenge kill it sack lots of shit when faced against one, Lando-Ts broken anyways so it's w/e. This team is also gonna despise the typical Sand build + Grass. I like the Dragalge though not sure if the Heatran + Ferro helps it too much.

Team 3: Araquanid is still good under Rain but this teams matchup against Ash Ninja is a bit questionable

Team 4: Webs is ass but you got the right idea with slapping on some goons and calling it a day so +1 there.

Team 5: Same deal as above but I think using Mega Mawile is a bit better here for the stall matchup. If you combined the 4th and 5th team in a weird way you could probably come with something decent to work with.

Team 6: Saw this team in the RMT area. Not a huge fan of doing rates in RMT but I remember noticing the lack of rock resist and teams that lack those normally annoy me cause something like BandTar comes in on Mew / Houndoom and just fires off shots. The Houndoom concept is nice but normally a Houndoom team is going to be a bit more offensive. I would also try a Sunny Day + NP Variant a shot instead of using Sludge Bomb, Chansey stops being a check against this set and I don't think Tapu Fini is going to last long with the combination of Sun + NP.

Team 7: The moment you see a Zard-X you might as well just click X. Otherwise the Electabuzz is funny, maybe with Koko + that you can try something seeing as Tapu Koko makes every electric type broken under Terrain.

Team 8 : Feel like this team has no real direction but this is a fun round so I guess I won't stress it too much. In the future if you build on this perhaps focus more on a koko sweep without the buzzwole.

Team 9: Like it on paper, more interested to see it in practice with updates for new meta.

Team 10: Mew, Primarina, Char-X actually looks like a pretty decent foundation. The other three I could probably replace or do without

Team 11: If Altaria gets Defog it might be better to put it on that, and make Zapdos more offensive with 3 attacks / roost. Not sure what's up with the two megas but Mega TTar as a sweeper is mad gassed so perhaps just a band set or focusing the build on TTar more than Altaria would help smoothen things out.

Team 12: Needs an extra ground immunity. Staraptor is technically one but it isn't reliable for that role and you put a lot of pressure on Venu to check grounds, something it'll fail to do against many Lando Variants. Staraptor normally works better on a bird offense with Healing Wish support. Something to consider when building around it.

Team 13: These stall teams are normally extremely easy to play around assuming the team facing the stall is built relatively well. This teams a good example of how stall took a huge hit with Dugtrio gone more than anything. It needs a better counterplay to Magma Taunt Heatran to.
Gonna vote for Team 9. Interesting stuff I'm seeing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)