Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
@forbidden : Yep, the only pokes who can pass on hypnosis is the poliwag line, who can't get Mirror coat without hacking.

Hypnosis parents are from the Poliwag and Psyduck families.

Mirror Coat parents are from the Corsola, Squirtle, Mantine, Mudkip, and Shellos families.

I don't think Mirror Coat's that bad. It's harder to pull off when people have moves like Calm Mind and Nasty Plot, but if someone's not expecting that move, Mirror Coat devestates their potential Special Sweeper.

quick question about slow start...

can regigigas switch out after the 5 turns are up and still come back in without halved speed or attack? or does he have to go through 5 turns every time he comes in?

I need a good Snorlax counter to use in the battle tower.
That fucker pwned my team of Starmie, Garchomp and Blissey in my 71th battle.

What do you suggest?

I have a LO Jolly Chomp, I used Outrage and it did something like 45%, the thing Cursed, same thing next turn, I switch out, it rests, Starmie gets pwned, Garchomp gets pwned, Blissey gets pwned. I'm not sure on the details.

EDIT: Maybe I'll get a Registeel. Time to start playing Emerald.

EDIT2: Hitmontop is sounding sexy. Tangrowth too.

I have a LO Jolly Chomp, I used Outrage and it did something like 45%, the thing Cursed, same thing next turn, I switch out, it rests, Starmie gets pwned, Garchomp gets pwned, Blissey gets pwned. I'm not sure on the details.

EDIT: Maybe I'll get a Registeel. Time to start playing Emerald.
I don't know how it only took 45% percent from that atk...xD

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
What are the really good special sweepers? Or can someone give me a link to a list? Thanks! *in a hurry*. ^_^;;
Reading off the OU and BL list, Azelf, Gengar, Heatran, Infernape, Lucario, Magnezone, Porygon-Z, Salamence, Slowbro, Starmie, Suicune, Togekiss, Yanmega, Zapdos, Alakazam, Houndoom, Jolteon, Jynx, Magmortar, Mesprit, Mismagius, Raikou, Roserade, Sceptile, Shaymin. There's tons of other medium-degree special attackers, as well.

When holding a Choice item, if the opponent uses Torment (can't use the same move twice in a row) what happens? Can the Choice item user move at all on its second turn?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
When holding a Choice item, if the opponent uses Torment (can't use the same move twice in a row) what happens? Can the Choice item user move at all on its second turn?
No. It's going to use Struggle on the second turn. Then, the Choice'd attack on the third, Struggle on the fourth, and so on.

If moves that need recharge after using (Hyper Beam, Rock Wrecker, Giga Impact, etc) worked like it did in RBY (no recharge if you OHKO) how many pokemon would be broken or shoot to OU? So far, I'm thinking Porygon-Z, Rhyperior, Infernape (Nasty Plot + Blast Burn=rape), Sceptile (Choice Specs + Leaf Storm already owns, so...), Zangoose (CS Giga Impact...or SD Giga Impact >_>), but what else is there?

Does Everstone's effect on natures only work with Ditto? People have told me it also works with female Pokémon. If the female is holding an Everstone does the hatched monster have a higher chance of having her nature?

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Does Everstone's effect on natures only work with Ditto? People have told me it also works with female Pokémon. If the female is holding an Everstone does the hatched monster have a higher chance of having her nature?
Female Pokemon+Male Pokemon=Yes
Ditto+any Pokemon=Yes
But, when breeding a female with Ditto, the Everstone will only work on Ditto.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Username: It works with female pokés too. However, when breeding a female and a Ditto together, Ditto is the one who should hold the stone.

Starman: Maybe Empoleon would have a chance (if he already isn't OU), Roserade and her Leaf Storm (same as Empoleon), lol Dialga, maybe Clefable, and GIGA IMPACT TAUROS, obviously.

Or, and obligatory Slaking mention.

Thanks.

Is Solid Rock guaranteed on Rhydon's with Rock Head when they evolve into Rhyperior?

How many IVs are random in breeding?

IS there anything wrong with having a male milotic? ZEVerybody wants females right now, but on my own team, my Milotic(Male) is the only really well oved competitive thing I have...IS it creepy? Or should I use HIM with pride?

This is on behalf of a friend of mine.

She is woundering when she gets her AR, if she hacked herself the event items, and caught the poke legitiably, would it still be consider hacked or Simihacked?

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Rhyperior can also pull out Lightning Rod (which I wanted to keep for my 2 v 2 Rhyperior).

And no there isn't anything wrong with male Milotic, the only difference is under Attract, Cute Charm or Captivate which are all pretty lame tactics anyway.

Thanks.

Is Solid Rock guaranteed on Rhydon's with Rock Head when they evolve into Rhyperior?

How many IVs are random in breeding?
Pal Park'd Rock Head Rhydons have a chance of becoming Lightning Rod Rhyperior upon evolving. D/P bred/caught Rock Head Rhydons will always become Solid Rock Rhyperiors.

3 IVs are random in breeding.

Rhyperior can also pull out Lightning Rod (which I wanted to keep for my 2 v 2 Rhyperior).

And no there isn't anything wrong with male Milotic, the only difference is under Attract, Cute Charm or Captivate which are all pretty lame tactics anyway.
I know that, but it's such an effeminate pokemon...It isn't as bad as using a female wobuffet, but I NEVER see a male milotic....Does that make it like gender confused?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)