Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Leo is not useful past maybe the first 2 levels. He can't double for anything, and his damage only about 4 to 8, which isn't the kind game breaker that Nolan or Edward can muster. His defense is also quite shoddy, if anyone needs babying its Leo.

You quitely underestimate what Rolf can do. Sure, Shinon comes at a higher level with better stats in most areas, but its not like its impossible to level Rolf, as he has much room to grow and surpass Shinon. Rolf can do significant damage to enemies and hold his own well enough. Besides, being at a lower level means he'll grow that much quicker, and use less BEXP then Shinon should you use it on him. Although, you shouldn't take anything I say seriously, as I am quite biased. Wolt=Rolf, yeah...
As ranged attacker Leo is quite helpful in the Dawn Brigade chapters when you need someone to soften up enemies for Nolan, Edward, or any DB member to kill. His defensive parameters aren't really an issue because he should not be attacked directly if you positioned him properly and Leo's main target of attackers are those who can't counter him back when he attacks them.

I don't feel I am underrating Rolf. "He's good when leveled up" I'm sure many units are good when they are leveled up, but Shinon doesn't need to be leveled up to contribute to the group when compared to Rolf.

Leo fills his role in the DB chapters and can be dropped later for the clearly superior Shinon, Rolf takes time to level up just to gain the same offensive might Shinon has to begin with. Well I have to give Rolf props for getting me a nice Silencer ^_^

Yeah I know Rolf is good in the game I just finished I had Rolf and Shinon as level 20 marksmen, Rolf gets higher attack faster but shinon reaches it anyways and he caps defense and everything else pretty much while Rolf is lacking a bit on the defensive, but There were both as even as you can get, still I have to hand it to shinon and since I never used leonardo, Shinon>Rolf>leo

One more question Llyana or Soren?
Ilyana has the most chapters to level up when compared to any other mage unit (in fact I think she may have the most play time of all the units in the game). Thunder magic may be weak but it's not as if she's locked into only using that type of magic. With a transfered Ilyana her thunder magic level should be high enough to allow you to have Ilyana focus on other magics to increase her offensive might.

Ilyana also has Shade to somewhat help with her lackluster physical defense when not always properly positioned out of their range.

In my opinion Soren is the best mage but Ilyana is no slouch.

I use both.

thunder magic is gimped until you get rexbolt. after that she's fine. By the time I got ilyana back, she had equal level and stats as soren, and both of them have bond supports (ike/zihark). Soren is probably better overall because dark is a great affinity, but that's about it.

Hey, I was on Chapter 10, Part III and I saved my battle this morning. When I got back from school I played it again. But whenever I move the cursor ANYWHERE then stop, the cursor goes straight to Ike. Whenever I try to move someone, It goes straight to Ranulf. I have changed batteries, reconnected my Wii remotes, Checked my Wii's wires, and it still won't work. I have also tried it on my friend's wii. It didn't work. Is this common? Will it go away after the level? Should I just trade it in for a new one. I need help PLEEEEEEAAAAAASE!!!!!!

Ugh, the third area of the Part 4 Endgame will be hard on normal mode. Two attacks from white dragons will kill Haar, and his stats are maxed out in every category. =[

First off, I have never heard of that problem, ever. How can the cursor suddenly move to a specific character? Maybe it's defective, I dunno, sleep on it.

Secondly, part 3 endgame 4 isn't as difficult as you make it out to be. Just be sure to send everyone to their appropriate sides and let Ena and Kurthnaga be used as walls or stopping points while you advance behind them. Use the defensive squares constantly to minimize damage as well.

Yeah, easy to do with Reyson and the use of certain Laguz Royals along with constant use of the Galdrar. Just Blitz through the front.

I beat 4-5-3 in 3 turns on hard mode.

I challenge all people to beat this.
If we're allowed to use a 4x Galdr, it really isn't hard at all. Especially considering that a few characters can deal 20 damage per round. Heck, Shinnon with max str and the double bow does 14 damage in one round, and with no +atk supports, either. Combine this with Ike and 2 other strong fighters and I can see how it's done. Oh, not to mention blood and night tide too.

I don't believe it then. I'd have to get some proof. On a side note I found something interesting. During my hard mode run, I was on Part 3-1, when I had Rolf go into the house in the middle of the stage and he had this totally different conversation with this woman. I'm not going to go into much detail, but when I got to the base on the next level there was a new info conversation I had never seen. It was titles 3 brothers, and it showed that the woman in the house was Rolf's mother. This also goes to show that Oscar and Boyd are only half brothers to Rolf. I found this quite interesting. If you guys already knew thats pretty cool, as I stumbled onto this by accident.

I don't believe it then. I'd have to get some proof. On a side note I found something interesting. During my hard mode run, I was on Part 3-1, when I had Rolf go into the house in the middle of the stage and he had this totally different conversation with this woman. I'm not going to go into much detail, but when I got to the base on the next level there was a new info conversation I had never seen. It was titles 3 brothers, and it showed that the woman in the house was Rolf's mother. This also goes to show that Oscar and Boyd are only half brothers to Rolf. I found this quite interesting. If you guys already knew thats pretty cool, as I stumbled onto this by accident.
Yeah this happens when you do it with Oscar too. It works on any mode and is just a fun little extra but doesn't do much really.

ok, next time around I will tape it.
Hmm...no galdr? Then I'm assuming you used all of the powerful units available and blitzed them up to the king with your dragons as walls. Your uber mia alone does 38 damage alone, shinnon does 14, Ike does at least 30 IIRC, then you can clean up that extra 18 damage with Illyana and Rexbolt. But then there's one last question: How do you get them up there without them, or other characters dieing? Then again, you didn't say without deaths, even though that is implied.>_>;

The problem with that is they do not do that much damage, not even with all attack boosting supports. Due to this being Hardmode, it would also be implied the level of said units would be lower then in others, unless being played with favoritism. Even with maxed attack/magic, those characters couldn't dish out the damage you specified Calciphoce, as Deghinsea's defenses are much to strong. Even with Red Tide, they couldn't get high enough. Maxed attack Mia with the Vague Katti does all of the massive 1 damage, even with a good support that boosts attack, she could muster 4, which is given to be 8 from the double. Under favorable conditions she could critical both times it only comes out to 24. This is the same with the other non Royals as well. Ike only does about 10, and cannot crit. I'm not sure how big the bonus is on Rexbolt, but I do know for certain that Illyana wouldn't be able to survive the counter, heaven forbid if she missed.

If I told you, what would be the point of taping it?

No, none of my characters died.

Wolt you under-estimate how beast mode my characters are. Ilyana was indeed a main component in the rape.

Hard to imagine, yes, as she dies no matter what unless you kill Deghinsea with her. Beast mode characters? What are you on?

Hard to imagine, yes, as she dies no matter what unless you kill Deghinsea with her. Beast mode characters? What are you on?
Oh man I finally finished the game today after 87 fucking hours, I play way too slowly. -_-; Glad to be finally posting in the thread again!

Anyways Ilyana can survive an attack from Deghinsea (and potentially double-attack if you max her speed) if she has maxed HP and any support boost(I prefer Zihark myself, they make a good pair)/night tide that raises her defense past 25. Give her a blessed Rexbolt and watch the rape.

Also holy shit, the story was kind of lackluster in this game but I really, truly enjoyed it. Everything concluded so nicely. :D

I like to do dual supports, and while I had double A rank w/ zihark last time, I'm supporting her with sanaki instead this time. Light/Light ftw.

idk why people always put Ilyana down, she's pretty damn awesome.

I like to do dual supports, and while I had double A rank w/ zihark last time, I'm supporting her with sanaki instead this time. Light/Light ftw.

idk why people always put Ilyana down, she's pretty damn awesome.
Agreed there, I've always really liked her. (Also what's a double A support? How do you get it in Radiant Dawn?)

I think most peoples' issue with Ilyana is how much effort she requires to be good. In most cases (as far as I've seen), effort= useless. It's the same reason why Ena was totally outclassed by Nasir even though when raised to his same level, she outclassed him in PoR.

No, shes really not, only mediocre. And Yoshi, you do realize her defense cap, is at 24, and her hp cap at 45, meaning she can't survive unless she dodges, which is hard enough with how bad her caps are. She can't double attack either, 30 is her spd cap. Mediocre growths, badly nerfed tomes, and the need to be babied means...MEDIOCRE.

No, shes really not, only mediocre. And Yoshi, you do realize her defense cap, is at 24, and her hp cap at 45, meaning she can't survive unless she dodges, which is hard enough with how bad her caps are. She can't double attack either, 30 is her spd cap. Mediocre growths, badly nerfed tomes, and the need to be babied means...MEDIOCRE.
Erm... I don't know why you're being so assertive, but hey, debate time!

My mistake about the defense cap, but my point still stands. Night Tide+ any decent support (again, Zihark A support grants +2 defense) make it pretty easy to achieve the 26 defense needed to survive an attack from Big D. Since any mage unit will have capped HP (save Micaiah) by **/20/10, I wouldn't say it's as impossible as you make it out to be.

And... jeez it seems tonight isn't my night since I messed up the speed cap too, I feel really dumb @_@. Regardless though a blessed Rexbolt is going to be doing major damage.

And "mediocre" though Ilyana may be, any unit can be made good through work. It's just an issue of whether or not you want to do that work or use someone else. It's up to the player... I'm not trying to say she's the best, but she's not as bad as Tormod or (maybe?) Calill.

Erm... I don't know why you're being so assertive, but hey, debate time!

My mistake about the defense cap, but my point still stands. Night Tide+ any decent support (again, Zihark A support grants +2 defense) make it pretty easy to achieve the 26 defense needed to survive an attack from Big D. Since any mage unit will have capped HP (save Micaiah) by **/20/10, I wouldn't say it's as impossible as you make it out to be.

Hey guys! Supports and _____ tide make a shitty unit decent! Wow! Come on, this can be done with any unit. If you were to give another unit this same amount of treatment, they would turn out just as good if not better. Oh, and you're wrong, she won't be able to survive an attack from the king. Even with all of those, she still dies with 2 damage left over. Why put so much effort into her when there are other units that could be better? The only thing she has going for her is rexbolt, and that's not much.

And... jeez it seems tonight isn't my night since I messed up the speed cap too, I feel really dumb @_@. Regardless though a blessed Rexbolt is going to be doing major damage.

But it won't matter if she misses or dies. Given the king's dodge and hit, there's no doubt that she WILL die if she isn't the one who kills him. And that's a small chance, because Rexbolt has crappy hit IIRC.

And "mediocre" though Ilyana may be, any unit can be made good through work. It's just an issue of whether or not you want to do that work or use someone else. It's up to the player... I'm not trying to say she's the best, but she's not as bad as Tormod or (maybe?) Calill.

Yet, if there are better units, what's the point of focusing on the worse ones? Use the better units, get better results. Period. Use shitty units, get shitty results without babying. Period. I don't see the point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)