Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

rexbolt has 95 hit, it's the rest of them that suck.

I didn't use dragons either.

I used:

ike
soren
oscar
boyd
mia
nephenee
gatrie
shinon
zihark
ilyana
sanaki

edit: ilyana both survives his attack and double-attacks him back.

Guys I'm not really sure why we're all being so assertive here but I was trying to prove my point that Ilyana survives an attack from Deghinsea and I proved my point. His attack is 75, if you can boost her defense to 31 (which is entirely possible) then she lives and can do massive damage with Rexbolt.

rexbolt has 95 hit, it's the rest of them that suck.

I didn't use dragons either.

I used:

ike
soren
oscar
boyd
mia
nephenee
gatrie
shinon
zihark
ilyana
sanaki
This tells me you're lying, as neither of them can take a hit. And no, Illyana can't double him and survive an attack. In fact, she can do neither.

I guess I'll have to tape it then.

edit: no I certainly didn't have sanaki attack deghinsea, that was just my 4-F team.

Well it nice to know I have someone on my side. If you go to Serenes Forest and look up stat caps, she has 30, meaning that she will never DA him. Rexbolt however has a good chance at hitting him though, with the +3 to skl and 95 hit, it looks to be in her favor this time with a hit of 101, although this is surely somewhat negated by by Deghinsea's impressive avoid being at least 90, if not more from his Biorhythm and Leadership stars. Now then, looking over who you used to beat the level with it is clear to see you got lucky, by far. Even with the help of Red Tide, which I assumed you used, you can only use it for about 2 characters. And with the fact that you only had 1 turn to do it, makes it seem quite unlikely.

that's right, her cap is 30, which becomes 35 before that chapter, allowing you to double attack.

just like her 24 defense becomes 29, which becomes 32 with her support with sanaki, which is just enough for her to survive with 2 HP left.

I'm still taping it when I get there, don't worry.

Oh god, Yune's blessing. I see it now. How could I have been so stupid not to have seen it? I forgot they reversed the easy and hard mode boosts from Yune, and every character gets +5 to every stat. No wonder you beat it in 3 turns, everyone becomes broken after that.

It's very possible that he had Illyana crit with Rexbolt and then had the others finish him off. (or vice versa with Illyana doing the finishing crit blow). Illyana's crit rate, overall, is 41. 15 from Rexbolt, 5 from having a bond support with Zihark, and 21 from skill/2, (34 is illyana's max skill +8 from both the Rexbolt skill boost and Blood Tide). Dheginsea's avoid is 30. So the overall chance to critical him is 11%. Sure, it's terribly unlikely that Illyana will crit him but Mow never specified that he didn't use battle saves which you can guarantee the critical with. So let's see the overall damage that Illyana will do to him then; Illyana's max magic is 39 ( if she had a dark, fire or water A support affinity then you would add +2 right here but Mow said he his Illyana had light/light A support so I won't). Rexbolt's mt is twelve and since thunder is dragon's weakness this gets tripled to 36. So Illyana's overall magic Str is 75, subtract Dhegnisia's 46 resistance from this and the overall damage done to him will be 29. With a crit that triples the amount of damage to an impressive 87. Dhegnisia will only have 13 hp after this so he would be rather easy to kill.

As for hit rate, barring biometer, Illyana's total hit rate is 222 (don't forget that Light/Light A support that Mow talked about that added 15 to the hit). Dhegnisia's overall avoid is 115 (including Leadership bonus, also strangely his affinity isn't the same as the map so he doesn't get an extra boost in that and the square he's standing on doesn't boost any stat). This means that Illyana's hit rate is 107 aka 100 since that's the cap.

Also, for those of you questioning Illyana's survivability, don't forget that the squares around Dhegnisia are mostly +10 defense squares. Hell she doesn't even need that +10 defense square to survive. Her overall defense, not including defense square, is 34; 24 from Illyana's max defense, +5 from light/light A support, and +5 from Night Tide). Dhegnsia's overall str is 75. the difference is 41 and with Illyana's max hp of 45 she'll survive with 4 hp left and 14 if she was on a defense square.

Edit: Oh, easy mode. Well that kind of kills the challenge.

Mantle negates skills as well, so Night Tide becomes ineffective, as does the Red Tide, but you do, have a point. BTW, he mentioned hard mode.

Mantle negates skills as well, so Night Tide becomes ineffective, as does the Red Tide, but you do, have a point. BTW, he mentioned hard mode.
The mantle's Nihil effect only works on units combating him. I just double checked right now to make sure. Otherwise it'd negate their skill as soon as they walked by them like if someone's celerity got negated just because the person decided to pass by the big dragon. Also hard mode boosts all stats by 5? I thought only easy mode did that.

It does, only easy mode does that. Therefor she could not have doubled, or had any other kind of boost.

Well I was able to beat Dheginsia on turn 1, on normal mode and without the use of any laguz royals after some thinking. Sadly I currently have no way of recording it. However, to compensate for this, I will tell you several tips to help kill him in turn one and I'll post the exact method I used. I thought up of several things that could help you kill the big D in turn 1. Mass blessed bolting, if you don't have enough boltings you could have your units move up to others who have it and already attacked then trade and attack again. Also blessed wyrmslayers helps you get Dheginsia into an early grave. Also, and I think this is the most important, the staff Rescue. The Rescue staff teleports an ally unit above the user. The most important thing about this is that if the person that was teleported hadn't moved then he will be able to move after the teleportation. This is very helpful in sending a blitz team to Dheginsia quickly however Rescue only has 3 uses so you better make your units hard hitters. Now I'll explain the exact method I used to down the big Dragon.

(As a side note I got this from Serenes Forest so I had to edit enemy locations because it was different in the Japanese version.)

First of all let me tell you the items and skills everyone had. (I'll only list the ones that are directly necessary for this method as well as locked weapons.) Ike had a blessed ragnell, a blessed wyrmslayer, and the skills Parity and Celerity (he also got the movement increase from boots). Shinon had a blessed Double Bow and the skill DragonFoe. Elincia had a blessed Amiti and the Rescue Staff. Pelleas had a blessed forged thunder tome (this was mainly to improve the hit rate to 105 from Thoron's horrible 65, also I got lucky and pulled the axe card so the mt of this tome was 1 point higher than Thoron's.) and the skill Nihil. Illyana had the blessed weapon Rexbolt and the skill Nihil. Mia had no weapon (I wish I had another wyrmslayer but I didn't so I had to improvise) and the skill Nihil. Micaiah, Mist, Boyd and Nephenee had nothing. These were the only units I brought for this chapter.

Ok now for the method. I had Boyd shove Shinon one space up and had Shinon move to square 1 and snipe the enemy below square 5 (yes I know it looks like a 6...). Now, thanks to the boots and celerity, Ike had a movement of 11 so I had him move to square 2 and attack him with the wyrmslayer while using the skill Parity. (Parity basically acts like Nihil except it cancels alot of other stuff too, I did this so that Ike didn't get raped by Ire.) Ike double attacked and did a total of 40 damage while he took 43 damage. I then had Elincia move to square S and teleported Pelleas to square T. I then used the remaining movement to move Elincia to square S1. I then had Pelleas move to square 3 (As another side note squares 3, 4 and 5 are all +10 defense squares. I know that 5 looks like a 6, blame paint. >_>) I then had him trade to get Ike's wyrmslayer and attacked Dheginsia with the thunder tome doing 23 damage while Pelleas took 41. I then moved Mist to square S, traded for Elincia's Rescue staff and teleported Mia to square T and had Mist use her remaining movement to move to square S2. I then moved Mia to square 4, traded to get the wyrmslayer and double attacked Dheginsia doing a total of 30 damage while she taking 39. (Mia had a C support with Pelleas, but I'm not sure if that boosted her damage or not, too lazy to check. >_>) Dheginsia now has 7 hp with one last unit left to kill him with...Illyana. I had Nephenee shove Micaiah one square up, had Micaiah move to square S and... er well you know the rest. After being teleported I had Illyana move to square 5 (stupid paint) and had her attack with Rexbolt doing 27 damage which, finally, brought down the big Dragon.

Gah that was a pain to type. Anyways I'm wondering if it's possible to kill Sephiran in turn 1.... Those stupid spirits of his keep protecting him everytime he's about to die. Eh... I'll think about it later.

yeah, I used urvan w/ dragonfoe on boyd, w/ A support w/ mia for the attack boost. came out nicely.
Dragonfoe on boyd? To kill the dragon in Dheginsia's path? Because Dheginsia's mantle's nihil effect negates dragonfoe...

Wow. I think I'm gonna go throw my game in a ditch, because now I just plain hate Fire Emblem. God damn.

Heres something you failed to mentioned, how did you get past the first few dragons in your way and still kill Deghinsea in Turn 1?

DRAGONFOE DURRRR. :p

Hey guys while I think about it what was everyone's favourite music? I've gotta say that Part 2's battle music (On Glory's Wings, the music when you're actually in battle) is definitely my favourite. Not sure about a second favourite.

I have quite a few favorite tracks from this game.

On, Glory's Wings
Wisdom of Ages
Beauty is a Mad Mistress
Sorrowful Prince Pelleas
The Goddess Wakes
The Goddess's Rebuke
Empress Sanaki
Zelgius the Brave
Caineghis. King of Lions
Tranquility of Goldoa
A Test of Will (Anna's theme)
Everything Hereafter
Dawn Awakens

* Not in any particular order.

Heres something you failed to mentioned, how did you get past the first few dragons in your way and still kill Deghinsea in Turn 1?
The first two dragons close to being in front of ike? I just walked between them. Or do you mean the ones closer to Dheginsia? I just killed the dragon below square 5 and had all the units pour in through that opening.

Whatever. I honestly didn't have any favorite memorable music from this game. Although, the ones I would say that were my favorite would have to be the music that plays when Mist, Lethe, and Lyre trick those 3 Begnion soldiers. The other one would have to be the Greil Mercs battle theme.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)