Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrbitingDeath

formerly SkylarGreen
Breeding for an Impish Baton Passing Scizor, which of the following females would you take as the parent

aiming for a 25+/31/31/x/25+/31 Scizor, male parent is: 31/31/31/3/8/31, so not sure which to pick for the next batches.

#28 Impish #123 Scyther: 7 / 31 / 30 / 25 / 27 / 31
#29 Impish #123 Scyther: 24 / 31 / 31 / 12 / 21 / 31
#30 Impish #123 Scyther: 28 / 9 / 30 / 3 / 31 / 31

#30 is the mother of #28 and #29.
I'm aiming towards 29 (wrong ability doesnt matter for a parent thank god), although doubting due to the low special defence.

You PM it to them and ask them to approve it. You only need to get a war story approved if you win it. If you lost the war story, you don't need a mod's approval.

Soft Resetting means pressing L+R+Start+Select to restart your game. This allows you to switch and switch off your game (usually do this when trying to get a good IV'ed legends) without damaging your power button.

Hard Resetting would be manually shutting off and turning on your DS. This means using the actual Power button.

I have a question of my own. For Reversal Medicham, what would be its best moveset? Because I'm going to probably put up one of my many Meditites up for trade, but want to know what moveset to give it:

Medicham @ Salaac Berry
Jolly - Pure Power
252 Attack, 244 Speed, 12 HP

- Reversal
- Psycho Cut
- Ice Punch / Thunder Punch
- Substitute / Endure

As you can see, the last two moves are my problem. I personally like Ice Punch better, since it hits more stuff than Thunder. Thunder's only advantage over Ice is hitting water types. Ice hits Ground, Flying, Dragons, Bug, etc. This means bye bye Hippowdon, Garchomp, Salamence, etc. Thunder Punch is mostly to keep Gyrados at bay. I'm leaning toward Ice Punch.

As for Substitute or Endure, I'm leaning more toward Substitute. Substitute allows you to do some sweeping while subb-ing down to low health. You have some temporary shields to protect you while hitting. Endure, however, requires you to just wait for your opponent to hit you hard enough to take you down to 1 HP. I'm leaning toward Substitute.

However, I'd still highly appreciate opinions. Thanks!
Reposting.

Breeding for an Impish Baton Passing Scizor, which of the following females would you take as the parent

aiming for a 25+/31/31/x/25+/31 Scizor, male parent is: 31/31/31/3/8/31, so not sure which to pick for the next batches.

#28 Impish #123 Scyther: 7 / 31 / 30 / 25 / 27 / 31
#29 Impish #123 Scyther: 24 / 31 / 31 / 12 / 21 / 31
#30 Impish #123 Scyther: 28 / 9 / 30 / 3 / 31 / 31

#30 is the mother of #28 and #29.
I'm aiming towards 29 (wrong ability doesnt matter for a parent thank god), although doubting due to the low special defence.
take 29

on a.....

Vaporeon

Bold

- Surf
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

.....whats the reccommended min SpAtk? i dont think id need 266 since i dont have ice beam

On Shoddy, does Sleep Clause mean that you lose if you put two of the opponent's Pokemon to sleep, or it's impossible by Shoddy's mechanics to put more than one opposing Pokemon to sleep?

I need an ev spread for a Jolly Lopunny with these ivs...
And this set
@Sticky Barb
Switcheroo
Toxic
Encore
Return/ Focus Punch

Should I use Focus Punch or Return?

Hp: 17
Atk: 1
Def: 31
Sp. Atk: 31
Sp. Def: 31
Spd: 31

Geez, even with 31 in SP. Atk, a - nature kills it. With 48 evs in attack, it has 170...Is that still worth using with focus punch or return? If so, which one would REALLY work better?

I REALLY NEED A GOOD EV SPREAD FOR THIS...Defensively minded...

Would this set work on Flareon in UU?

Flareon
Move1-Endure
Move2-Flail
Move3-QuickAttack
Move4-Firefang
Item-SalacBerry
Nature-Adamant
EVs-252 Atk/ Spd

Endure if something is gonna kill you, then Flail away. QuickAttack Sashes and FireFang for stab
Repost

When Tyrogue evolves into Hitmonchan, does its ability change randomly or does Guts turn to Keen Eye, and Steadfast into Iron Fist (or vice-versa, I don't know)?

Last gen Ability turns into last gen Ability
New gen Ability turns into new gen ability... Very simple.

And it IS random if Tyrogue is PalParked. If it's from DP, what I said before applies.

Let's say my Starmie (or anything with Natural Cure, really) gets put to sleep, so I switch out to someone else. If my opponent sleeps the dude I have out now, is that a violation of sleep clause?

@Ragnar, I believe so.

@Smilelelele, there was just a thread someone started about that. Technically no, but it's a huge risk to sleep something that has natural cure because there's always a chance it doesn't, in which case you would lose.

Ok, now that is just fucked up, it says one will not go away till March. Thats pretty fucked up to do to someone that was really new to the site and still am.

Ok, now that is just fucked up, it says one will not go away till March. Thats pretty fucked up to do to someone that was really new to the site and still am.
Read rules before posting then.

Is there a way to check EVs, The EV up items fail when I try to use them (and I had sued less than 10 carbos and no calcium), but my ninetails still isn't getting his effort ribbon.

Does any of these hit everything neutral?

Water/Ice/Ground
Water/Ground/Normal
Water/Flying/Ice
Fighting/Flying/Ghost
Water/Ice/Fighting

basically, any combination of these

Could someone link me to a list of all the fully evolved pokemon preferably in alphabetical order as im trying to put them in my trade thread. Dont say serebii i know their there i want a list of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)