Hint of a Darkrai Event?

Someone made a thread about this on another site, they think it's for the upcoming movie. I can't tell you why as I dont pay attention to the anime and such.

are you retarded? mewtwo is the best slow character. he was one of the best players in 2v2 melee action. charge up his ball thing, teleport around for evasion and then unleash the ball thing for easy kos.

he was even hard to touch because he did that electric thing, you could float down doing it and hurt anyone trying to smash you out of the air. his smash attacks were nothing to laugh at either, not to mention his forward a air attack which was horribly powerful
Ganondorf was hands down the best slow character in Melee.

On topic, I hope they have the Darkrai event somewhere other than Toys r us, because there aren't any within 35 miles from my house anymore.

You clearly have no knowladge of competitive Smash, so I would advise to PLEASE dont say stupid stuff like that.

Smash 2vs2 is not about one spammer one attacker
its about holding your own versus one oponent and helping your teamate when necessary.
i'm not talking competitive, i'm talking fun with friends. competitive smash sucks anyways, if i wanted to play on final destination as fox or shiek & wave dashing all day well I'd just go play streetfighter. mewtwo can even be a good competitve character, if you use him right. just like every single other character in the game. don't hate because you suck as mewtwo. he has some of the most powerful grabs, air moves, and some insane smashes to boot. yeah he's a big slow target, but he can teleport! come on!

i think my mewtwo/samus 2v2 team would seriously like to have a word with you, tourneyfag :p

ganandorf was good but he was just a crappy captain falcon in the end :[

i'm not talking competitive, i'm talking fun with friends. competitive smash sucks anyways, if i wanted to play on final destination as fox or shiek & wave dashing all day well I'd just go play streetfighter. mewtwo can even be a good competitve character, if you use him right. just like every single other character in the game. don't hate because you suck as mewtwo. he has some of the most powerful grabs, air moves, and some insane smashes to boot. yeah he's a big slow target, but he can teleport! come on!

i think my mewtwo/samus 2v2 team would seriously like to have a word with you, tourneyfag :p
You are correct I consider myself a Smash veteran because I play it waaaay to much and am incredbily skilled (IMO 3 lvl 9's teamed I know a lot can do this) but I use Mewtwo everynow and then, he is useable but not quite as much as some other characters but definetly better than the likes of Pichu and well especially Ice Climbers..... I mean they can be used but god

thanks. 3 lvl 9s is tough but doable. it's nice to hear from another smash veteran, so many kids think they're good because they've heard the word wavedashing on the internet lol.

mewtwo is easily the best pokemon in smash after jigglypuff (who is a top tier smasher)

yes, I must say personally im not the biggest Jigglypuff fan =P but one character I do love Kicking some Smash with would have to be link... but thats way off topic however how this topic became about SSB I will never know =P

Mega Edit: Anyone caring about SSBB Captain Olimar of Pikmin was just confirmed Playable WOOTORS

Ok, before I say anything else I have to say... WOW. The ignorance about Smash in this thread makes me very sad.

i'm not talking competitive, i'm talking fun with friends.

... Mewtwo blah blah... yeah he's a big slow target, but he can teleport! come on!

ganandorf was good but he was just a crappy captain falcon in the end :[
First of all, Mewtwo isn't terrible but he's certainly one of the weakest characters in the game and he's DEFINITELY weaker than Ganondorf. Whether you are playing in a competitive tournament or having fun with your friends, Ganon is still much better than Mewtwo. In fact, the difference between how good Ganon is and how bad Mewtwo is gets BIGGER in casual/FFA style games because he's got some of the best clearing/multi-hit moves in the game.

Also, I think I vomited in my mouth a little when you said "but he can teleport!" His teleport doesn't make him good. He still can't do anything else as well as Ganon. He's a weaker attacker, has worse defenses and doesn't even recover as well when hit off the stage.

You are correct I consider myself a Smash veteran because I play it waaaay to much and am incredbily skilled (IMO 3 lvl 9's teamed I know a lot can do this) but I use Mewtwo everynow and then, he is useable but not quite as much as some other characters but definetly better than the likes of Pichu and well especially Ice Climbers..... I mean they can be used but god

LOLZ... beating 3 lvl 9s teamed against you doesn't make you skilled. It means that you have a brain and are older than 7. In fact, I know some 6-year-old kids that can beat 3 lvl 9s pretty easily. Aaaaaaand, if you think the Ice Climbers aren't "good" then you certainly are NOT a smash veteran in any sense of the word.

Need proof? Watch this video and observe the inescapable grab combos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlX6Z9AXJmI

If Melee wasn't so close to being replaced with Brawl, tournament players had seriously considered banning Ice Climbers for these kinds of tricks. The climbers are the ONLY broken characters in the game. So they are actually the EXACT opposite of what you thought they were. Saying the Ice Climbers aren't good is as ridiculous as some kid posting to say "I mean, you can use Rayquaza if you REALLY want to, but he's terrible overall."

In short, maybe you guys should stick to talking about Pokemon because you clearly aren't talking about Super Smash Bros Melee.

/threadjack

I would like to get back on topic about Darkrai. And yes, I posted a similar note about a month ago here on the forums that Darkrai shadows were appearing on the Pokemon page. We were all hoping that Nintendo will finally put the WiFi Gift feature into use and send everyone a chance to catch the thing.

And No, he shouldn't be in Brawl. Lucario should, but not Darkrai.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
why do people really want uber legendaries? Honestly, none of the competitive players like us even use them seriously.
Next time, please know what you say or just shut up. No offense.

Sorry, I simply had to post, because this is about the billionth time I've heard this.

Agreeing with Odinwolf on "Mewtwo is one of the weakest characters in the game", and

@skater trainer
I shall not let my favorite pokemon go to waste (it means getting outclassed)

Kudos to Odinwolf, the only person in this thread who understands the competitive side of Smash.

thanks. 3 lvl 9s is tough but doable. it's nice to hear from another smash veteran, so many kids think they're good because they've heard the word wavedashing on the internet lol.

mewtwo is easily the best pokemon in smash after jigglypuff (who is a top tier smasher)
LOL

Hahaha, Mewtwo is absolutely the WORST Pokemon in Melee, even worse than Pichu. Ironic, no?
TIRES DUN EXITS!
go watch some taj videos. then tell meh he is bad.
just because he sucks in the hands of about anyone but taj doesn't mean he is bad.
hopefully we will get his event in america.

are you retarded? mewtwo is the best slow character. he was one of the best players in 2v2 melee action. charge up his ball thing, teleport around for evasion and then unleash the ball thing for easy kos.

he was even hard to touch because he did that electric thing, you could float down doing it and hurt anyone trying to smash you out of the air. his smash attacks were nothing to laugh at either, not to mention his forward a air attack which was horribly powerful
Er, Pichu is heavier, has better combo-ability, and is faster. Light and slow don't match, I realized that after watching Brian's Song.

Next time, please know what you say or just shut up. No offense.

Sorry, I simply had to post, because this is about the billionth time I've heard this.

Agreeing with Odinwolf on "Mewtwo is one of the weakest characters in the game", and

@skater trainer
I shall not let my favorite pokemon go to waste (it means getting outclassed)
You shall not defeat me!

You will see!! I will get 31s all across the board, or close to it =p

Darkrai is also one of my favorite pokemon.

I hope so much that it's a Wi-Fi event. I had my DS on Mystery Gift all throughout the movie :p

It's not fair to people who can't get to a Toys R Us or New York or whatever. Not that Nintendo cares but they should!

I hope so much that it's a Wi-Fi event. I had my DS on Mystery Gift all throughout the movie :p

It's not fair to people who can't get to a Toys R Us or New York or whatever. Not that Nintendo cares but they should!
what would be in it for them if they did it threw wifi?

TIRES DUN EXITS!
go watch some taj videos. then tell meh he is bad.
just because he sucks in the hands of about anyone but taj doesn't mean he is bad.
hopefully we will get his event in america.
QFT.

I've seen Taj beat some bad motherf'as, but I have not seen anyone get anywhere with Pichu. At MeleeFC Diamond this past summer '07 (Where i got to meet Taj :3 and watch him sweep 15-stocks of marth, fox, sheik, and someone else with 4 stocks of Mewtwo. That is a MeleeFC D highlight.) Come to think of it, I believe Taj did better with Mewtwo than Gimpyfish, master of the Bowser, did...

Tiers aren't that truthful (Why just look at Mango at Pound3 beating Mew2King XD), they're more of guidelines... ie the lower on the list the harder it is to be competitive with that character, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)