The NBA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I can't believe the Blazers lost in double overtime to the Raptors! The Blazers are like my 5th favorite team! This totally sucks now that Denver is in the 1st place in the NW Division!

30-5 with legitimate wins is pretty hard to be overrated. They are the best until the playoffs (or some huge losing streaks) proves otherwise. They could be overrated by being the only focus of the season, or by people presuming they are a lock to win - the West has had an incredible top ten this year, and if the playoffs started today, an excellent Rockets team and even more excellent Jazz team would both miss the playoffs! I could see the Jazz winning it all if they put together another stretch like the start of the season come playoff time, and they are on pace to not make it!

(of course, originally not the intent of my post, this leads back to something I oft complain of, which is that the best teams should make the playoffs in each sport regardless of division standings. Divisions and conferences should have import in nothing but scheduling purposes)

Also, why are some of you STILL lamenting the Suns' success - 26-11 is a stellar start! They are tied for #1 in the Western Conference! What more do you want? Their 30-4 start a few years ago was the exception, not the rule; no team can sustain that level of extraordinary success. Even 60 win seasons are rare, and usually only three teams at most in a season can be expected to get 60 wins, so expecting them to get 60 wins this year with the Celtics and Pistons both on pace for 60 wins or more is not entirely plausible

Loki

like seashells
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Championwon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournament
Because basing a teams success on their record is dumb. The suns are 26-11 but they've played the weakest schedule of any team. They've lost to the twolves and the heat (two of the three absolute worst teams in the league along with the knicks). They're only 12-9 against the west and thats with playing the kings and the clippers 3 times each and the sonics twice. So basically they've fed off the weaker east (they haven't played boston or detroit yet) and have lost the majority of their games against the good west teams. If you've seen them in action, you know that their defense is the worst its been in the nash era. They get destroyed by any semi-decent low post scorer because amare is a terrible defender, i.e bynum killing them on christmas. at least last year they had kurt thomas to take on all the good west pfs/center (duncan, dirk, boozer, yao, david west, aldridge, bynum...you get the point). on top of that their chemistry is not very good either.

I'd say the Suns are a shoe-in for West conf. finals, but they'll almost definitely lose to the Mavs/Spurs. Well, assuming they can overcome the Lakers which is seeming less and less likely as I see their games.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C
B

that was a great great game vs portland, SO intense to the end.

PS: loki your gonna lose in fantasy

The league is a lot different. Ive been a basketball fan since I was 7 years old now (16). I definetly am still gunning for my mavericks and maybe the nets.... (go go sean williams).

Had postpone my posting in this thread to sig a little something... Ok where was I, oh yeah Cavs VS Spurs right now, Cavs winning 50-43. Suns playing the Lakers tonight at around 9:10PM and if the Spurs lose and the Suns win that'll put the Suns in the West Conf. Lead!!!!

Marcus Camby: 24 rebounds, 11 blocks...

That is just sick. And that is the second time he gets 10+ blocks this season...

Oh, and go Nuggets!

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Once Arenas comes back the Wizards will be at worst the 2nd best team in the East.

Nick Young is going to be scary good in a few years.

Have you heard that the heat have asked to replay the last 50 seconds or so against the hawks because the wrong player was disqualified?

I find it stupid as they won't make the playoffs anyway

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
raptors beat celtics at home, calderon is a god :)

highest total celtics allowed at home prior to today: 96

Raptors score: 114

bitchin' ^__^

"Chris Kaman was diagnosed with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder at 2 1/2 and began taking Ritalin and Adderall soon after and through high school."

So that helps explain some of the upswing in his production, seeing as it was only this past July that he found out it was an incorrect diagnosis.

hahahahahahaha

raptors beat celtics at home, calderon is a god :)

highest total celtics allowed at home prior to today: 96

Raptors score: 114

bitchin' ^__^
you guys wouldnt miss, that was the best game you guys will have all season, AND the celtics had a great chance to win anyway, really shows how great the celts are to almost beat a great shooting team thats as hot as they get. 15/21 downtown, 19/19 FT, that says it alone, if anybody shoots that they should be blown out, not the celts.

Raptors won a really close game against the celtics hope they can play that against them in the playoffs when they meet them in the finals.

All-Stars for the Eastern Conference:
Guards: Dwayne Wade and Jason Kidd
Center: Dwight Howard
Forwards: LeBron James and Kevin Garnett

All-Stars for the Western Conference
Guards: Kobe Bryant and Allen Iverson
Center: Yao Ming
Forward: Carmelo Anthony and Tim Duncan

Allen Iverson over Chris Paul is egregious ugh
Tim Duncan is pretty great this year, but I would think Boozer (unless he is only counted solely as a Center) has been better this year.

Raptors won a really close game against the celtics hope they can play that against them in the playoffs when they meet them in the finals.
lol i seriously doubt they'll continue shooting like that, which is the only way the raptors even won.

Also the d. wade should NOT be starting on the all star team. His team has won 8 games, his TOs are at a career high by far, i'd be hesitant to put him on the team at all. Billups should be starting as the other guard in my opinion. He's the best player on one of the best teams in the league. I also agree that chris paul should be starting over iverson, but im also 100% sure chris paul will still make the team, so its okay.

Uh...Raptors didn't shoot that well and last time Boston took a LAST SECOND THREE to win...so what does that say about all your "Raptors got lucky" theories?

Anyways, there's no one to complain the starters to except to every other person in America, since it's their fault you have losing team people starting for voting! It's kind of like bitching about what President you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)