CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 1a

What should the base type of our new Pokemon be?

• Ghost

Votes: 86 41.1%
  • Fire

Votes: 32 15.3%
  • Grass

Votes: 74 35.4%
  • Dark

Votes: 17 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
That's what I was thinking. This poll ends tonight (it was a one day too), so it would be the same length as if I made this a two day poll.
yea it is to close to leave (not 1 vote seperates them) and those who voted for dark or fire before it became obvious they would not win should have some say.

NO. don't let ghost be an option. people are just gonna vote for ghost/normal or ghost/steel and then give it levitate and broken stats and make it even more broken than scyclant. ghost is a powerful type, and ghost pokemon need lower stats to make up for the great type. people aren't gonna realize this and give it 550 stats like scyclant. STOP VOTING GHOST

btw, i voted dark, can i change it to GRASS

yeah, do another poll...i think more of the people voting fire would be more in favor of voting grass...i think the challenge of creating a really good grass type would be more fun then creating another ghost type...ghost types are all inherently usable because of the immunities...

eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
NO. don't let ghost be an option.
let people chose, i dont like ghost atall but if people vote for it then we must exept that it is the most popular type.
people are just gonna vote for ghost/normal or ghost/steel and then give it levitate and broken stats and make it even more broken than scyclant.
woah, syclant has NEVER been used in a single battle dont go saying that it will be/is broken. also people thought that since it had a terrable type it needed awsome stats/abilitys ghost/most things is not a bad type so people will not give it stupid stats.
ghost is a powerful type, and ghost pokemon need lower stats to make up for the great type. people aren't gonna realize this and give it 550 stats like scyclant. STOP VOTING GHOST
ghost is not as inherently powerful as say steel (11 resists, and 3 weaks) or dragon (STAB Draco metior with specs has 315 base power and only one type resists it, if you are not named blissey it will 1/2KO you) but it does have 2 imunitys and is a good type, however grass fire/electric/ice/bug/steel would be a far more interesting type IMO.

i beleve that smogon will be able to avoid haveing a broken pokemon

btw, i voted dark, can i change it to GRASS
there will probably be a second poll, vote gass on that.

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Man, I wanted Fire, but yeah we shouldn't deal with another Stealth Rock-weak pokemon. Though Fire/Ghost would've had a good amount of resistances (Poison, 4x Bug, Fire, Ice, Normal Immunity, Fighting Immunity, Steel, Grass), it would've came with a load of common weaknesses (Ground, Water, Rock, Dark, Ghost). So I'll have to change my vote to Grass, especially since there are many possible combinations for it still. Grass/Steel, Grass/Fire and Grass/Electric, baby!

eric the espeon

hyra can you add grass/bug and grass/ice into the first post, not that they are any good but just to compleat it.
edit 2: sorry forgot about paras and abomnasnow. if grass wins coul we include some types that have already been used? but have no OU/BL pokemon. like bug/grass?

edit:
After so much bitching about the lack of fire Pokemon in this forum...the poll surprises me.
the thing is that about 40% of people just want ghost to win and everyone else dosent care what wins as long as it is not ghost, as grass is in the lead people are voteing tacticly. i would like dark most and fire second most, but i dont want ghost to win so i voted grass.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
After so much bitching about the lack of fire Pokemon in this forum...the poll surprises me.
Who has been bitching about a lack of fire pokemon? You? random people on wifi?

Competitively speaking, Fire has plenty of pokemon to its credit. Bellyzard, Infernape, and Heatran have all been on teams. Mixmortar was popular for a little bit and is still quite viable. Ninetales, Houndoom, Typhlosion, and Blaziken are also viable. There's even been Camerupt sighted in Trick Room teams. About the only ones that aren't a menacing threat are Torkoal, Flareon, and Magcargo.

I'm not sure where to place Moltres, but I'd hardly call a Specs Overheat from 125 Base SA something to gloss over. It is, after all, what attracted me to make the Mixmortar set in the first place.

A Grass/fire would be groudon's best pal if it got Clorophyll and good attacking stats and the enough speed to make it worthy for use

stabbed fire moves in the sun with a stabbed one turn solar beam

or forgo solar beam and use normal stabbed grass moves to wipe out Kyorge if it comes to rain on your day.
Ba, it should have its own Drought instead, though should have some big problems to compensate. Either that or Seed Flare, since well, the move is a seed and a flare, no?

Anyway, I could easily see Grass/Steel as a Sandwich... don't laugh! It's a sandwich with lots of veggies and bread/crackers/taco wrap/burger buns of steel! Because sandwiches like to be heated, it'd be begging for Flash Fire.

Ba, it should have its own Drought instead, though should have some big problems to compensate. Either that or Seed Flare, since well, the move is a seed and a flare, no?

Anyway, I could easily see Grass/Steel as a Sandwich... don't laugh! It's a sandwich with lots of veggies and bread/crackers/taco wrap/burger buns of steel! Because sandwiches like to be heated, it'd be begging for Flash Fire.
Actually that would be nice to have an OU pokemon with Drought, and it would make sense on a grass/fire.

I also want a Drought pokemon in OU.

But I want a new special wall more. And that's what I'm hoping for.
A drought pokemon would be great in OU because it would start getting more people to make sunny day teams. And it could be a wall with drought :o

I wonder if a Ghost/Steel with Levitate is going to come out of this. I really hope not.

Also, any auto-rain/sun poke in OU would be broken as hell. There have been several discussion about this.

Yeah, Drought is not an option. Be realistic here. Lvl 1 Kyogre/Groudon were banned in ADV because of how powerful auto-weather.

That being said, I would love to make this Pokemon the first truly viable Sunny Day Pokemon, in the vain of Kingdra. Obviously, we could have more freedom with the stats and not make it mediocre outside of Sun, but not broken in Sun either. That's all if Grass/Fire ends up winning though.

Didn't feel like readimg thorugh 4 Pages. i read the first two. I vote Ghost, even though I voted Fire last poll. I like ghost and the combonations. And Considering the awsome sprites we can make for a Ghost type, then yeah.

Voted Fire, but I'd like to change my vote to Grass, I'm sure Grass is ahead via people changing votes anyways.

Ghosts are fucking boring guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)