Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember Anti saying that 29 HP IV's is better than 31 on an Aerodactyl, as it reduces Life Orb recoil.

On an Aerodactyl like that, would I put any EV's into HP, or 252 speed, 252 attack, and 6 defense?

Hey when people offer other peoples distributle pokemon, if you get them in a trade does that mean you can redistribute them too?

During a sandstorm, do all ground types receive a sp.def boost and not just the pokemon that started it? Rock and steel types dont receive the boost right?

What exactly does the move Snatch do? I ran across a tricky Toxicroak the other day that somehow outran my fastest pokemon (including Choice Scarfers) and somehow used this move to really hurt my team. Just wanted to know all of its specs aside from its too vague description.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've heard of natures stopping a pokemon from being absolute flawless, like Quiet (I believe is one of them) what are the other natures? Is there a list anywhere?

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What exactly does the move Snatch do? I ran across a tricky Toxicroak the other day that somehow outran my fastest pokemon (including Choice Scarfers) and somehow used this move to really hurt my team. Just wanted to know all of its specs aside from its too vague description.
My description:

Snatch - If your opponent uses an attack that does not inflict damage, you instead of your opponent gets the effect of their move. ie: If they use Substitute, and you use Snatch, then you will go first to steal their Sub for yourself, leaving the opponent without one.

I remember Anti saying that 29 HP IV's is better than 31 on an Aerodactyl, as it reduces Life Orb recoil.

On an Aerodactyl like that, would I put any EV's into HP, or 252 speed, 252 attack, and 6 defense?
with a 31 HP IV you get 301 HP meaning after 10 attacks you be left with 1 hp

with a 29 HP IV you get 299 HP meaning after 10 attacks you be left with 9 hp which is 8 more than you would of had

and as for the evs:
252 speed 252 attack 6 defence

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So...electric/rock attacks will not hit SE?
If Skarmory uses Roost, it loses it's flying type for that turn. Rock attacks would be "Not very effective" and Electric attacks would hit neutral as there's no flying type in that turn to hit for Super Effective.

If you go last, then it does not matter, as their attack hits before you lose your typing.

Maybe I am way off on this but in the damage calculation by X-Act...

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=506880&postcount=1

[Sp]Atk = Stat × SM × AM × IM where:
Stat is the normal Attack or Special Attack stat.
SM is the stat modifier multiplier.
This stat modifier starts from 0 and is changed by various moves like Swords Dance and Defense Curl.
1) Critical Hits: If the Stat Modifier for Attack or Special Attack is less than zero, SM is made equal to 1 if the attack hits for a Critical Hit. Also, if the Stat Modifier for Defense or Special Defense is greater than zero, SM is made equal to 1 if the attack hits for a Critical Hit.
Ok so if a -6 attack stage pokemon scores a critical hit, then its as if his attack was was at normal, and similarly a +6 defense stage opponent would be as if its defense was normal?

Sorry if this is stupidly obvious, but I have this bad tendency to misread or miss things in a 'RTFC' manner.

I recently bought a used LeafGreen game, and it came with a save file that had a lot of Pokémon, obviously sharked, but without going into detail, one caught my attention.

There's a japanese Celebi. Name セレビィ, OT アゲト and ID No. 31121, which coincides with the Japanese Colosseum Bonus Disc Celebi. It's odd for someone to hack Japanese names (plus the game had another Celebi, with an american name/OT), let alone japanese OTs around these parts, but the Celebi having a Modest nature makes me doubt if it's legit.

Is there another way to check if this Pokemon is legit in D/P? Under which conditions Pokemon Battle Revolution displays Pokemon as bad EGGs? This LeafGreen game seems to have been used to dump clones of Pokemon in it too, as it has multiples copies of the same Zigzagoon, with same nature, gender, stats and nickname.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)