Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone looked inside the game's code and found out how the RNG is seeded?
Fun fact, its not random. If you played other DS/GBA RPGs, you'll know what I mean. Though its too complicated and there's no real use for the info even if you did know. =\

I've been doing so without much succes, do you know what the hackcheckers use. I think I'll ask one of them.
I am a hack checker lol xD.

Fun fact, its not random. If you played other DS/GBA RPGs, you'll know what I mean. Though its too complicated and there's no real use for the info even if you did know. =\
Yeah I read some article(post if you must) regarding it. Saying it's not really a RNG more of like a PRNG.

I've been doing so without much succes, do you know what the hackcheckers use. I think I'll ask one of them.
Hack checkers only trade for the pokemon they wan't to check. Since they receive that pokemon in a flashcart like R4 to a ROM of the pokemon game they can dump the data easily.
I don't think any hack checker here can dump the data from a real cart, for that you would need extra hardware, otherwise where would you connect your cart in your PC for checking?

is wurmples evolution line set from the moment its hatched or from the moment its caught. im guessing the former

can it be affected at all or is it completely random as i think?

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hmm, could someone give me a good ev spread for an uber forretress?
There's not really a standard Uber set anymore, because it has lost its ability to use Hidden Power [Bug] with STab. There's a different spread in the DP section where you have more SDef:

252 HP / 96 Def / 162 SpD

Impish / Relaxed (Depending on the moveset)

If you use Careful or Sassy, then try the SDef EVs with 176, taking the current ones from Defense to do so.

I'm not sure it has a place on Ubers, at all.

Here's the DP section for more information, though, I'm sure you've checked this before. http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/forretress

Anyone else having trouble with Nintendo Wifi right now?

I talked to two others and they're all screwed by it.

So it might just be Nintendo.

Anyone else having trouble with Nintendo Wifi right now?

I talked to two others and they're all screwed by it.

So it might just be Nintendo.
WIFI is being kooky lately.

My question:
If i Pokesaved IVs/Natures/Egg Moves would you be able to tell? There wouldn't be something like BellyJet Auzumarril or the wrong name and ID. Nothing obvious.

How do you get 10 bonusrounds in the game-corner? Is there something you should(n't) do? My round always ends at either 3 or 8. And I need that explosion tm.

how high is the crit rate for night slash?
+1 from normal i think. so like 25%?

How do you get 10 bonusrounds in the game-corner? Is there something you should(n't) do? My round always ends at either 3 or 8. And I need that explosion tm.
are you stopping the reels in the order clefairy points at them?

also, depending on your clefairy its more likely to last longer.

ditto clefairy < normal clefariy < shiny clefairy(green ears)

Most people wouldn't but the hack checkers would.
Alright. But is it looked down upon here? Like my hacks [IV hacks] are basically this:
SpSweeper: 31/1-9/20/31/20/31
P.Sweeper: 31/31/20/1-9/20/31
SpTank: 31/1-9/31/25/31/20
PTank: 31/25/31/1-9/31/20
PWall: 31/20/31/20/20/<20
SpWall: 31/20/20/20/31/<20

Some egg moves, but nothing illegal. Also preferred nature. Most of what I hack is outclassed by what are in the shops anyway. So would these type of hacks be accepted by the Smogon community?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)