How would a 600BST restriction effect the metagame?

What do you think of the proposed restriction?

• I think it would transform the metagame into a more balanced environment.

Votes: 35 19.7%
  • It's not fair to restrict them based solely on their stat total.

Votes: 111 62.4%
  • Hell no, I'd have to remake my team.

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • Other

Votes: 14 7.9%

• Total voters
Banning/restricting pokemon just because of BST is stupid. Theres a reason Shaymin is BL (or was it UU) even though it has 600 BST. You have to look at the whole pokemon: typing, ability, movepool are as important as BST.

Seriously, bad idea.

The goal should be to ban as few pokemon as possible. This seems like you're just going to hit certain pokemon that aren't overpowered with the nerf bat "just because."

What's next, Legendaries banned across the board?

You're making Dragonite cry. He doesn't even see that much use as is.

Well, I'd be interested to see what it'd be like without Garchomp in OU, but I think banning all the base 600s is a tad too extreme.

I think it is a little unfair to make a blanket ban of any pokemon with a certain stat total. Movepool and typing should defineitly be considered too. It would also be very hard to enforce having X number of BST600 pokemon on a team, because to do this you would have to see your opponents team, and that would miss the point entirely.

Although this is purely from a subjective perspective, A non 580-600 BST metagame seems like it would be fun for variety's sake. It would really slow down the pace of D/P and allow players to play more conservatively methinks. And does anyone think the "ban" would seriously be permanent? My idea was that it would just be a separate metagame.

I don't think it is fair to discriminate these pokemon just because of their stat total. Base stats are not everything- it is chiefly how the movepool and typing matches their stat distribution that potentially makes them game-breaking. Just look at Infernape. His attack, special attack, and speed are perfectly balanced, making it a popular mixed sweeper with a relatively low base stat total.

Celebi is hurt by a serious weakness to bug moves; Tyranitar suffers from a fighting weakness, and the dragons suffer from ice moves running rampant in the metagame.

We need the variation offered by 600 BST pokemon. They are pretty much the definition of bulky sweepers, and the metagame would become unbalanced if we removed them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)