Rate my team (free shinies for those who actually help)

This is my team for compititive battling, please help rate, meaning make suggestions on: weaknesses, coverage, change of members, and change in movesets.

SKARMORY

Physical Wall & Shuffler
Impish, 252 HP, 252 Def
Item: leftovers

-spikes
-stealth rock
-whirlwind
-roost

This set has seemed to work for me as a general wall and spiker, some may be put off by the lack of attack move(s) but with this type of skarmory i dont need any attacks. The combined damage done from whirlwinding the enemy team into spikes and rocks is much more than skarmory could ever do with a direct attack.

Jirachi

Support and healer
bold, 252 HP, 100 Def, 158 Sp. Def
Item: leftovers

-Cosmic Power
-wish
-thunder
-water pulse

i switched gardevoir for this, thunder and pulse are for stalling and serene grace abuse. wish is for team healing. cosmic power is to stall earthquakers, it's probably not the best choice of moves, but i dont want to run u-turn...

Flygon

general lead and good type coverage.
Naughty, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Item: choice band

-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Fire blast
-Dragon claw

changed from garchomp to flygon, i like flygon b/c he is a good switch in. immune to ground and electic, resists fire (which i have a weakness to) and is immune to spikes and resists stealth rock.

Heracross

Scarf Sweeper & Revenge Killer
Adamant, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Item: Choice Scarf

-Close Combat
-Megahorn
-Pursuit
-Stone Edge

replaced lucario, heracross is a better scarf-user in my opinion and experience. might do heracross with choice band, might not.

DRAGONITE

Dragon Dancer, stat booster, sweeper
Jolly, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Item: Lum Berry

-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Thunderpunch
-Earthquake

This is basically what i save once the opposing player's walls are weak and his team is almost gone. after one D-dance i can usually sweep a few guys in a row with outrage, then have lum berry stop my confusion to use the other moves. I like this thing becasue the type coverage is good and with jolly and one d-dance it is only outrun by fast choice scarf users (scarf chomp, scarf-gar etc)

Cresselia

Special Wall, staller, special coverage
Calm, 252 HP, 252 Def
Item: Leftovers

-Calm mind
-Grass knot
-Ice Beam
-Moonlight

Basically special wall once it gets up one calm mind. with a C-mind or two, this thing has a great defense stat and sp. def stat. The g-knot and ice beam are for type coverage. Because no one else on my team has ice or grass, cresselia make a good canidate for the two moves. Ice is for dragons and grass is for the bulky water types.

Please help make changes to my team as well as suggestions. I have alot of small untouched shinies. If you leave a GOOD comment and actually HELP. I will clone one and give it to you for free, your choice. I have things like, shiny nidoran (adamant) shiny gastly (mild) shiny bagon (modest) and much more (about 15 in total) Post help. and thanks

I think a good try would be Cresselias ICE BEAM for PSYCHIC, type coverage and STAB.

While you are using Sword dance on Garchomp, you have only EQ to get a boost of it. i think a sworddanced Fire Fang will hurt more than a Flametrower. Draco meteor is a choice, but i suggest Dragon Claw here. becouse better base stats and the Sword dance. Also swap the SP ATK to ATK EVs, else you should just delete sworddance from the list... BTW, this is a suggestion !

And i should replace Skarmory's Stealth Rock with a Brave Bird, yourr skarmory cant attack now. exept with Wirl Wind......

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
While you are using Sword dance on Garchomp, you have only EQ to get a boost of it. i think a sworddanced Fire Fang will hurt more than a Flametrower. Draco meteor is a choice, but i suggest Dragon Claw here. becouse better base stats and the Sword dance. Also swap the SP ATK to ATK EVs, else you should just delete sworddance from the list...
DiamondMaster, you don't understand. This is ChainChomp, it's different from the standard Garchomp. You should read its entry on Smogon's Garchomp analysis.

DiamondMaster, you don't understand. This is ChainChomp, it's different from the standard Garchomp. You should read its entry on Smogon's Garchomp analysis.
I understand it actually very well. But this set is just missing the boost you receive from Sword dance. That was what i tried to tell. You think i want to swap the whole set, i tried to make really use of Sword Dance!

Sorry for the miscommunication

I understand it actually very well. But this set is just missing the boost you receive from Sword dance. That was what i tried to tell. You think i want to swap the whole set, i tried to make really use of Sword Dance!

Sorry for the miscommunication
The SD is to trick the opponent.

I personnaly hate using 2dragons on the same team:o Ice Shard kinda rape them, consider taking out one of them and put in something else, Heatran is a good choice since both Skarmory and Lucario lures out fire attacks.

Also EV spreads. Every pokemon can use 510 EVs soo 252/252/4 is better than 252/252/0:)

I'd personally take out Cressy for Blissey for anti-ghost and all around better special sponge, and I'd also take out Chain Chomp for Gengar, or another special sweeper. (One Dragon's enough, and you need a Special Sweeper.)

EDIT - I'd also take out Gardevoir for something, Blissey can take Support as well... I don't know what to replace it with, though

Hmm, well rapid spinners are becoming more common on shoddy so you might want a ghost to help block rapid spinners from ruining skarmory.

you could take out dragonite for dusknoir. use ice/thunder punch dusky and sleeptalk cressalia and you cover pretty much every threat in the game in 2 pokes. the best walling tandem imo. also dont lead with teh skarm. you should bring him in on a wall that cant hurt it and spike up a bit. and brave bird on skarm plz. next, you could put in jirachi over gardevoir if this is a shoddy team. gardevoir and jirachi fill the same rolls and jirachi has better bases. run the standard u turn jirachi or a jirachi i like to use Jirachi@ leftovers 252 hp 252 def 4 sp. def. modest with wish, sub, calm mind, and psychic. Since lucario can take out darks, (although you may want to make it bulky dancer) this thing can take out blissy and sweep. with dusky countering the things that gardevoir countered and this thing with wish support your team would be better. you could also try the set that was posted in the d/p general section for chomp. it looks like this (thanx raikoulover)
Garchomp @ Salac Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 76 Attack / 252 Speed / 180 Special Defense
*Earthquake
*Outrage / Dragon Claw
*Fire Fang
*Swords Dance

Now, this is a typical bread and butter Garchomp set, with a little twist. For starters, adamant nature helps make up the slack lost from the EVs, giving you 347 attack. With these 180 Special Defense EVs, you get 250 special defense, which guarentees that Vaporeon (273 Special Attack) and anything less will fail to OHKO with Ice Beam. They will, however activate the Salac Berry, giving you the speed of scarfchomp.

The beauty of this set is that unlike the Suicide bomber from last generation, Swords Dance already gives you +2 attack, so when the counter comes in, you SD on the switch, 2HKO the counter while they activate your salac and you can sweep with +2 attack and +1 speed.

It should look like this:

switched in Slowbro!
Garchomp used Swords Dance!
Garchomp used Earthquake!
Slowbro used Ice Beam!
Garchomp's Salac Berry raised it's speed!
Garchomp used Earthquake / Outrage!
Slowbro fainted.

that could net you the sweeps you lose by taking out d-nite as chain chomp just dosent sweep well.

well i hoped this helps and do you mind if i have the shiny bagon (could you tell me your others to see if i like one better?) to redistribute? my thread is pretty empty. can you give me ivs when you post plz thanx.

-chaos 9

I'd personally take out Cressy for Blissey for anti-ghost and all around better special sponge, and I'd also take out Chain Chomp for Gengar, or another special sweeper. (One Dragon's enough, and you need a Special Sweeper.)

EDIT - I'd also take out Gardevoir for something, Blissey can take Support as well... I don't know what to replace it with, though
Although Blissey is a good option to replace any Special Wall that shares a common weakness with other Sweepers/Tanks, I think he needs something that has an Ice Resistance/Dragon resistance (Steel). This would mean you'd need to replace Lucario with a Ghost type to "block the spin", due to your abundance of steels and Skarm lead.

The two pokes that come to mind for this team to possibly replace the Cress is Registeel and Heatran. Registeel can function as a SpcWall, and duplicates as a Tank that can pack a punch with Curse and a good Physical Movepool. Heatran covers your Skarm's Fire weakness while having a 4x Resistance to Ice and a 2x resistance to Dragon.

chaos 9 PM me about bagon, i have others too. ive already cloned it so do what you want with it.

still might change d-knight (two dragons is risky) but i dont know what for. i want a ghost but i also want a stat-booster to sweep late game.

please help me out boys,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)