||May 25th, 2008 8:55:08 AM
Wi-Fi Forum Rules (read me first, updated April 30, 2013)
On top of Smogon's Global rules
, Wi-Fi also has a few forum-specific rules. Follow these rules to stay out of trouble. If you're confused about any of them, feel free to PM a Wi-Fi moderator for clarification.
General Rules & Resources
To keep the forum cleaner, there are several stickied threads for you to use for specific needs. Read the first post of all these threads and follow the rules and guidelines they contain. The rules set there carry the same weight as those listed here. Do not make individual threads for what can be posted in any of these threads.
Your topic will be locked and deleted.
These threads are:
- Simple Questions/Requests- Use this thread for simple questions and simple requests. Simple requests include requests such as "can someone trade me this Pokémon / item", "can someone help evolve my Haunter", etc.
- Wi-Fi Battle Finder- Use this thread to request Wi-Fi Battles if for some reason the Wi-Fi Battle Finder isn't working for you.
- 5th Gen PRNG Help / Info- Use this thread to request help manipulating the RNG of 5th Gen games.
- Most Generation PRNG Help / Information- Use this thread to request help manipulating the RNG for all other generations
- List of Released Dream World Pokémon- Use this thread as a way to check which Dream World abilities are available.
- Wi-Fi Blacklist- This thread lists people banned from operating trade threads. Check this before trading with anyone.
- Wi-Fi Battles Blacklist- This thread lists everyone caught disconnecting or using illegal hacks in battles. Make sure to check whether your opponent's on this list before battling them.
Trade Thread Rules
- The sale of Pokémon for currency is strictly prohibited. No money is allowed to be exchanged for any Wi-Fi trades on these forums.
- Offering free Pokémon in exchange for "Luvdiscs" or "likes" on your thread is not permitted.
- Trade privately at your own risk. While we understand the need for private requests, the transparency of public posts will help you if you get into trouble.
- Don't post in threads that state "Don't post here"; threads doing this are reserving posts for a trade thread. Wait until the owner says you can post.
- Do not complain about RNG manipulation. It's here to stay; get over it.
Hacking & Cloning
- List all of your IVs. Traders here at Smogon are only interested in Pokémon with competitive value. We want to know your Pokémon's IVs.
- Do not bump your own trade threads unless you have added something new.
- Do not start a new trade thread if you already have an active trade thread. If your old thread is inactive and you wish to make a new one, contact a Wi-Fi moderator to close the old one for you.
- Please do not use obnoxiously large pictures in your trade thread. PokemonElite2000 and Pokecheck are great resources for small, good looking sprites. Banners are allowed, but make sure they're not too bulky.
- If you are trading Pokémon that you did not breed or catch yourself, you must include the name of the original user in the trade details. If you have limited distribution rights, then you must link to the original post or thread which confirms this. For Pokémon that have come from another site, or the GTS, the Pokémon's OT/ID must be posted in the trade details.
- Personal blacklists are not allowed in trade threads. If a user is trading suspiciously, report them to the forum-wide Wi-Fi blacklist.
- Note in the Pokémon’s description...
- If and how it was cloned.
- If an emulator was used.
- If it was obtained via a hacked or injected Wonder Card.
- Note in your thread...
- If and how you use third party tools including:
- Any Action Replay (or similar device) codes you use.
- Any Pokesav/Pokegen functions you use.
- Any fake GTS such as Pokecheck or Pokegts.
- Do NOT...
- Trade Pokémon that have been created or altered by a third party tool (Action Replay, Pokegen, Pokesav, etc.).
- This includes anything bred using created/altered Pokémon.
- Use RAM editing.
- Distribute Pokémon via .pkm files.
||Jul 18th, 2008 3:02:36 AM
The Policy on Hacking
Smogon's definition of hacking is the following- Hacking is the use of any external device in order to modify the game and the game data in any sort of way.
With this in mind, the site will not promote hacking in any sort of way. This means that you may not post, discuss, or promote AR Codes, Save Data, and anything else related to Flash Cart activities. You also may not discuss what is "hacking" and what is not "hacking" - this is because this is an exercise in futility.
Yet we recognize that everyone has their own views and standards when it comes to what is "legit" or "illegit". The site will respect this, and will not interfere with the use of external devices in any sort of way. Yet we ask that the use of external device is fully documented and disclosed when one uses the WiFi subforums - as an act that will respect the views of the other party.
||May 1st, 2013 12:17:36 AM
The Wi-Fi rules have been updated. Everything's a lot cleaner and clearer. Nothing major has changed, but please give them a brief look over to make sure you're not breaking any.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 8:35:47 PM.
This forum runs vBulletin (with many modifications!) © 2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.