- - Heatran
||Aug 24th, 2011 4:59:48 AM
Heatran, it's sweeping the nation, and it will soon be sweeping you.
Heatran @ Shuca Berry/Air Balloon/Sitrus Berry
216 HP/252 SpA/40 Spe
- Heat Wave/Eruption
- Earth Power
- Substitute/Hidden Power Ice
- This Heatran is meant to take hard hitting attacks, and retaliate with even harder ones.
- The EVs provide heatran sufficient bulk, power, and speed to outspeed some key threats
- Heatran makes a useful bulky attacker thanks to its 12 immunities and resistances
- Sitrus Berry allows Heatran to gain back most of it's health after being hit hard by an attack, and allowing it to get off a substitute even while at low health.
- Air Balloon on the other hand provides Heatran with a rather nice Earthquake immunity, until it is targeted by another attack. This can be used to run along side garchomp as a rather competent partner.
- With a Sitrus berry and the provided bulk, heatran will most likely be able to fire off a powerful eruption with the right support, but Heat Wave is more viable in most situations.
- Substitute can be used for Heatran to set up on a fake out, while hp ice can be useful in getting rid of annoying dragon types that heatran can't hit like salamence.
- A faster set isn't as viable since few of heatran's most common threats sit in a speed tier heatran can reach with max speed.
- Destroys Sun and Sun Abusers
- Eruption can only be ran with a Quiet nature, so don't try to yell at people for a modest eruption heatran.
Heatran @ Choice Scarf
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
- Fire Blast/Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice
- This set is much more straight forward for the much more straight forward singles battle metagame.
- This is very simple to use, switch in, use powerful devastating attack, switch out.
- Flamethrower and Fire Blast are used instead of Eruption when you aren't in a good position to switch. Use whichever one you wish, power vs. accuracy thing and all.
- Hidden Power ice can be used to nab a suprise KO when up against a lead dragon like Garchomp. However be warned that since this is GBU, this will inevitably lead to many, many ragequits.
- Earth Power hits Ground weak pokes, STAB yada yada
Comments/Other Stuff/Good team partners
- In Singles, Heatran can function well on its own, as it can beat most things out there. However, since Yache Berry is a popular item on Garchomp, be warned that hp ice isn't the most effective move to use against it, and to pack a counter just in case. Someone with more Single Battle experience can say what good partners are
- In doubles, some good ideas are:
- fake out support, in order to set up substitute
- A partner using earthquake with Heatran's Air Balloon. Or to catch an opponent by suprise you could always eq+protect
- As amazing as RainTran is, the "man" has told me that RainTran is a horrible idea, so you shouldn't run Heatran in rain (man trying to keep us down >:( )
Yay for writing this at 2 AM, so i have an excuse if i missed something!
||Aug 24th, 2011 5:01:52 AM
eruption heatran is always quiet
I think Shuca Berry would prove much more useful than Sitrus. A lava Plume partner can activate Flash Fire by the way, but usually opens up massive type weaknesses. And scarf heat wave heatran is pretty cool xd
||Aug 24th, 2011 7:18:39 PM
Scarf Heatran is just a tiny bit too slow. (Heatran's max speed is 132 with Modest, 134 is needed to outspeed base 130s but Aerodactyl is the ONLY pokemon sitting there than can hurt Heatran)
Shuca Berry will normally be better than Sitrus and definitely better than Air Balloon in Doubles. Also a Life Orb is viable and so is Flash Cannon. LO Flash Cannon can OHKO Tyranitar in a weather that isn't Sand. 198-234 damage, tyranitar has only 31.25% of surviving if it even has max HP.
||Aug 27th, 2011 12:42:06 AM
Heatran completely trolls sun teams, taking pretty much any attack from the common abusers, which is a really good reason to use it and should be mentioned. In addition, I believe Air Balloon should be slashed in front of Sitrus Berry, because of the omnipresence of Earthquake and Heatran's ability to take out most Earthquake users if it could just avoid a hit.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 4:21:41 PM.
This forum runs vBulletin (with many modifications!) © 2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.