Top three: Additional booster packs (based on participation)
TPCi VGC2012 ruleset, with the following exceptions/clarifications:
When there is high participation, battles are over infrared. Wifi room gets too crowded.
If battles are over IR, Team Preview is done on paper. You write down your team (Pokemon species only) and hand it to the opponent. You then remove two of your six Pokemon from the Battle Box before starting the match.
Swiss, Best of One (sometimes Bo3 - participation related)
15 minute time limit (real clock, not game time). Standard TPCi tiebreakers apply.
One minute time limit for move selection. Not enforceable in-game.
Original announcement e-mail:
Swiss rounds, single elimination instead of best two out of three, this day. Double battle format.
Prior to the start of the battle, the Pokémon on each player's team will be displayed to their opponent briefly. Moves and held items are not displayed. While viewing the Pokémon on their opponent's team, each player selects four Pokémon to use during the battle, and sends out two Pokémon at a time. The Pokémon that a player selects and the order of those Pokémon remains a secret until they are revealed during battle. A 15-minute time limit for each match will automatically be enforced in-game, beginning at the start of each battle. If the outcome has not been determined by the end of the time limit, the game will automatically apply tiebreakers to determine a winner. At the beginning of each turn, players will have 1 minute to select moves for both Pokémon, or the change Active Pokémon. If a player has not made his or her selections at the end of this period, the game will automatically make selections for the player.
When building a team for a PLAY! Pokémon tournament, all players must adhere to these standard construction rules.
1. A player’s team cannot contain two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number
2. Each Pokémon on a player’s team can hold an item, though no two Pokémon may hold the same item
3. A player’s team cannot contain two Pokémon with the same nickname
4. A player’s team cannot contain a Pokémon nicknamed with the name of another Pokémon (for example, an Unfezant named “Pidove”)
5. Pokémon may only use moves that have been learned through one of the following methods:
6. By leveling up
7. By TM or HM
8. As an Egg move, through breeding
9. From a character in the game
10. A move already known by a Pokémon received at an official Pokémon event or promotion
The Modified format is the standard tournament format for PLAY! Pokémon video game events. This format will be used at all premier events unless specified otherwise. The Modified format for the 2011–2012 season will use the following restrictions:
1. Only Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version Game Cards are permitted for use.
2. Players may use Pokémon from the National Pokédex, from No. 001–646, that are caught in the game, transferred from a previous Pokémon title, or received at an official event or distribution
3. The following Pokemon may not be on a player’s team:
o 150 – Mewtwo o 151 – Mew o 249 – Lugia o 250 – Ho-Oh o 251 – Celebi
o 382 – Kyogre o 383 – Groudon o 384 – Rayquaza o 385 – Jirachi o 386 – Deoxys
o 483 – Dialga o 484 – Palkia o 487 – Giratina o 489 – Phione o 490 – Manaphy
o 491 – Darkrai o 492 – Shaymin o 493 – Arceus o 494 – Victini o 643 – Reshiram
o 644 – Zekrom o 646 – Kyurem
4. Pokémon must be placed in the Battle Box.
5. Pokémon above level 50 are permitted, but they are auto-leveled down to 50 for the duration of battle.
6. Players may use Pokémon with Hidden Abilities that have been officially released via Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, the Pokémon Global Link, or an official event or promotion.
7. Pokémon may not know the moves Sky Drop or Dark Void.
8. The Wonder Launcher cannot be used during battle.
9. Hacked Pokémon or hacked moves/abilities will not be allowed.
May 26th, 2012 11:35:10 AM
Bump for new tournament.
Jul 27th, 2012 12:14:47 AM
Bump for July 28th tournament.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:15:02 AM.