Persona Mafia - Game Over: Won by Fatecrashers and some other people
This host was approved by users billymills and Lightwolf
Listen to this for the first paragraph of reading
Putting on your headphones, you step out of the subway and head into the streets of the Japanese city, Iwatodai. You look at the transfer papers that were given to you by your Senpai in your home-town’s school. Switching schools was a move you were not entirely sure of, especially since you’d be living on your own. However, you recall how assertive you were to your parents about the move and how you persuaded them that you’d be fine being your own man. You glance down again at the paperwork, noting the location of the dormitory that you would be staying at. Looks like it isn’t too far away from the subway. Your stride picks up as you see the building you would be staying at. A feeling of excitement fills your body, as being at a new location makes your adrenaline rush. New faces, new friends. The anticipation brightens your mood. You walk up to the door of the dormitory, turn the intricate brass knob, and step inside.
Now start listening to this
The room you enter seems quite empty, the atmosphere a tad chilly. A very subtle scent of ammonia fills your nostrils. Although the weather outside is temperate and sunny, the inside of the dormitory is ironically dark and a bit daunting. For some odd reason, the room’s interior is entirely blue. An old man, bent in shape, is sitting at a table at the center of the room. To the right of him, stands a fairly young woman. You rub your eyes.
What’s going on here? You think to yourself.
The old man beckons you to come sit at the chair opposite of him - his shadow, like a vulture, waiting for its prey. Wearily, you approach the table and take a seat across from him. At such a close view of the man, it was not hard for you to miss his large hooked nose.
It almost looks like a beak! You think.
He spreads his arms out and grins; his teeth, you notice, are perfect.
“Welcome to the Velvet Room,” he starts, “I’m sure you have many questions.”
You begin to speak up, but he quickly interrupts you:
“Unfortunately we do not have much time. For the time being, let me introduce myself as Igor.”
He holds out his palm and in it is a business card. You read it:
After reading this, you look back up to him.
“Ohoho, but that’s not all, my assistant, Elizabeth, also has something you should take a look at.”
It is, another business card. Not entirely impressed, you pick it up.
You sigh, it looks like the man, Igor, was very excited to show you these for some reason. As if he read your thoughts, he speaks up,
“Why yes, I was excited to show you these business cards. This is because you will be getting one of your own. I just gave one to a fellow who came by five minutes before you, and I’m sure I’ll end up giving it to the next fellow who comes by in the next ten minutes.”
He closes his eyes for a moment, folds his hands together, and takes a deep breath. You lean forward in anticipation to what he is about to say,
“You see, these business cards are important. They are your passport to receiving your very own evoker! Perhaps you will see what kind of user you are. After all, you seem to be the talented type. Deep within your inner being, your Persona is waiting to come out. And a powerful user you may be. Your journey shall be an eventful one, the cards do tell. What the outcome will be, we shall see.”
He chuckles to himself, and grows quiet. Suddenly Elizabeth turns towards you,
“Young sir (or mistress), for your journey, you will be gifted with a Persona. Your Persona is who you really are on the inside. Your thoughts, emotions, yes, every part that makes you human, is manifested in the form of your Persona. The power of your Persona depends on each and every thread that weaves the foundation of who you are. To become successful in your journey, you may come back to the Velvet Room whenever you please. You may speak with me or my master pertaining the details of your journey. However, we will not be able to answer all your questions, as we are not under the proper authority to do so. Whenever you do decide to come, you may speak to me, and I will help you buy or fuse any Persona you obtain during your adventure. I would like to make one thing clear though: you can only come to the Velvet Room to buy Personas during the day. Likewise, you can only come to the Velvet Room to fuse Personas during the night. Please make a note of that. My master and I wish you the best of luck.”
She smiles, then turns to face Igor, who nods his head.
You know the drill by now, listen to this while reading the rest
Suddenly the room seems to have transformed, the blue hues and colors replaced by bright burgundy-colored wooden walls. A girl walks up to you from a nearby hallway, and says,
“Oh, you must be the new guy (or girl)! Hey, you should sign-in before you go to your assigned room. I’ll introduce you to the others after you get settled in. Oh and my name is Yukari Takeba, nice to meet you!”
She seems rather pleasant, you think to yourself.
After signing in, you follow her upstairs, and she shows you your room. It is fairly small, but standard for any dorm room: outfitted with a TV, a desk with desktop PC, a bookshelf, bed and a closet.
“Well alright, you can come swing by the lounge again later tonight - it’s the room you were in when you first came in. Everyone should be there tonight.”
She smiles and waves goodbye, shutting the door behind her.
After you unpack all of your belongings, you fall back onto the bed. Lying face up, you think to yourself,
This is going to be an interesting school year.
And with that, your eyes fall shut.
Crux > kingofkongs
Da Letter El
RaRe555 > Walrein
A) By default, all players will have no actual role name. You will be given one of the 21 Arcanas in your pm, along with the default base HP of 4. ALL PLAYERS START OUT WITH 4 HP, UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED IN YOUR ROLE PM.
B) You will be given a starter “Persona”. Personas are the replacement for roles in this game. Each Persona comes from one of the 21 Arcanas from the game, Persona 3 FES. They will consist of three stats:
1) Attack. The attack stat determines how many votes you have during the lynch as well as how strong your physical attacking abilities will be, if you have any physical attacking abilities, that is.
2) Defense. The defense stat determines whether or not you take damage from an attack during any given cycle. If you take damage from multiple sources, the damage will collectively stack against your defense until there is enough hurt your HP. Otherwise, you will shrug off weak attacks if you have a tough enough defense.
For example, <USERA> and <USERB> attack me. <USERA> is dealing 2 damage and <USERB> is dealing 1. I have a defense of 3. Neither of them are dealing sufficient damage to affect my HP. Let’s say that <USERC> also attacks me for 1 damage. Well now I will actually take 1 damage due to the collective of 4 damage against my 3 defense, thus the 1 damage that my defense is not taking care of will carry over and affect my HP stat.
3) Speed. In a nutshell, speed directly affects your priority. As stated in the rules above, priority is open to the public. Your Persona’s speed determines how effective your abilities are and whether or not you are capable of using your ability before other abilities.
C) Personas also have abilities, which are simply divided into two groups: aggressive and passive. Aggressive abilities are your standard PM “Night x - BLAHBLAH <USER>”. Essentially, you must activate these abilities in order for them to work.
Passive abilities do not require you to activate them via PM, rather there are pre-requisites for when they activate. For example, “Fire Boost” increases the Fire element’s damage output by 1 point. That means that if I use “Agi”, a Fire elemental attacking ability, I will deal an additional 1 damage with the attack.
D) As noted earlier, Days and Nights will be individually called cycles for the purposes of this game (e.g. D1= a Cycle, N3= a Cycle, etc). In an overall collective cycle (not to be confused with individual cycles), there will be 3 Days and 1 Night. Each individual day, the following rules are used:
1) You may speak in the thread and on IRC. This may be done freely during the day.
2) There is a lynch every day. At the end of a lynch, depending on the Moon Phase for that day, the lynched person will take 1 damage (which cannot be blocked by your Defense stat, in other words, your defense doesn’t do jack squat if you are lynched) and will receive a benefit to one of their Persona’s three stats.
3) You may use all your Persona’s abilities during any given day cycle.
4) You may swap your active Persona out for another Persona you have in your possession. If you do this, you may not use any abilities from either Persona, as this takes up an entire set of actions for you to do. Besides, it wouldn’t be fair to anybody in the game now, would it?
5) The Persona Store will be open. You will be able to “buy” a single Persona each day. You may not use a Persona you purchased on the same day that you purchased it. There is NO money involved in buying a Persona. Rather, as stated earlier, you are only able to buy ONE and only ONE Persona a day. The limit to the number of Personas you may have at any given time is 3. In order to buy Personas, you must PM the hosts which Persona you wish to purchase. Certain Personas will not be available through Purchase, and can only be obtained via Fusion, which is explained later on. After a certain point in the game, though, the Persona Store may begin selling intermediate and expert tier Personas. If you ever want to get rid of a Persona, you will undergo a similar process as you would with a purchase except in this case, you will just give up that Persona. It will be lost for eternity, though, so make sure you don't sell a Persona you could be fusing instead!!!
As opposed to the Day cycles, Night Cycles will take place once every 3 days. The Night Cycle will be called the “Dark Hour” for the purposes of this game. The Dark Hour will include the following rules:
1) You may not speak to anyone via IRC or PM or any alternative means of communication unless it is with your partner (assuming you have one). The Dark Hour is effectively NOC, and as such all communication must only take place in the thread.
2) You may swap your active Persona out for another Persona you have in your possession. If you do this, you may not use any abilities from either Persona, as this takes up an entire set of actions for you to do.
3) There are no lynches. In addition, you may not use your Persona at all during the Dark Hour, unless you have an ability that states otherwise.
4) During the Dark Hour, the Persona Store is closed. Instead, you are given the option to fuse your Personas together. You may only fuse 2 Personas at a time. Fusing Personas consist of taking one Persona and combining it with another Persona. Usually whenever you fuse a Persona, you will receive an absolutely new Persona from the same or different Arcana. Abilities from either parent Persona will be slapped onto the newly Fused Persona. When you fuse two Personas, you will PM the hosts that you are doing so, and you will receive results as to what the new Persona will be from the hosts. From there, you must PM the hosts again with what abilities from the old Persona you want on the new one. Certain abilities may not be added (you also can NOT fuse more than one any given ability onto a Persona), and the hosts will tell you which ones they are. Any given Persona can only have a maximum of 6 abilities. Obviously, only certain Personas may be obtained via fusion as opposed to the Persona shop where mostly starter Personas are up for purchase. To get intermediate and expert level Personas, you have to fuse lower tier Personas first.
E) Each cycle’s update will include what the current Moon Phase is. In order to simplify understanding, you can think of Moon Phases as a type of “weather”. Each Moon Phase is different and determines which of the three elements used in this game gets a bonus. Moon Phases also determine what bonus the person getting lynched receives at the end of the lynch/current cycle, which carries over to the next cycle. The Moon Phases are as follows:
1) Full Moon. The Full Moon only occurs during the Dark Hour. Therefore it only occurs once every 4 cycles.
2) Last Quarter. The first of the three day cycles will be a Last Quarter. During the Last Quarter, the Ice Element receives a bonus. Therefore, if you have any Ice related Aggressive ability (which you’ll be able to tell because it will say what element it is in the ability description), then it will deal an additional 1 damage versus the Elec element. Any weaknesses to Fire are nullified during the Last Quarter as well. The Lynch target receives a +1 Defense boost the following cycle as a bonus for being lynched.
3) New Moon. The second of the three day cycles will be a New Moon. During the New moon, the Elec Element receives a bonus. Therefore, if you have any Elec related Aggressive ability, then it will deal an additional 1 damage verses the Fire element. Any weaknesses to Ice are nullified during the New Moon as well. The Lynch target receives a +1 Speed boost the following cycle as a bonus for being lynched.
4) First Quarter. The last of the three day cycles will be a First Quarter. During the First Quarter, the Fire Element receives a bonus. Therefore, if you have any Fire related Aggressive ability, then it will deal an additional 1 damage versus the Ice element. Any weaknesses to Elec are nullified during the First Quarter as well. The Lynch target receives a +1 Attack boost the following cycle as a bonus for being lynched.
F) This game involves a RPS triangle for the three elements that are used in this game: Fire, Elec, and Ice. Here is a list to describe what is weak to what:
-Fire beats Ice.
-Ice beats Elec.
-Elec beats Fire.
The way elements work, is if you have an ability, like “Agi” (a Fire element aggressive attacking ability), then upon using it, the following cycle, you will have a weakness to the respective element. So in “Agi’s” case, you would be weak to Elec the following cycle. If you are weak to an element during any given cycle, you take an additional 1 damage from that element.
As listed in the above rules, there is a "store" you may "buy" Personas from. This is the Persona Dealership. Please be aware that the Persona Dealership is currently closed until all roles have been distributed. The Ability Compedium has been added to the Persona Dealership as a tab.
I will be working on distributing roles. Please be patient. Thanks!!!
Seems like I have to research up another franchise.
Confound this forum it drives me to obscure Wikis!
All Role PMs have been sent out!!!!
It is now effectively Day 0. Day 0 will end in 24 hours (Unless I run into issues, then I will extend the duration of Day 0 to Friday 1st with the deadline around 7pm CST). DURING DAY 0 ALL ACTIONS FAIL EXCEPT PERSONA PURCHASES. This is mainly to help you all set up.
Just as clarification you may NOT share role info during this time or during Night 0!!! You can paraphrase, but no quoting, forwarding, screenshots, etc.
Acklow's mindblown avatar is a good fit for this game.
LF irreplaceable allies.
willing to sub
Willing to sub before Walrein.
I require 9 PMs. Please send me your PMs. I will wait an additional hour for these so make sure you get them in!!!
IN ORDER TO KEEP THINGS SHORT AND SWEET, IT IS NOW NIGHT 0. DURING NIGHT 0, YOU MAY NOT TALK TO ANYONE OR USE ANY ABILITIES. YOU MAY POST IN THE THREAD BUT THAT'S IT. OTHERWISE...
NIGHT 0 ENDS IN 48 HOURS BECAUSE I WORK ALL DAY TOMORROW (OR TONIGHT IF PEOPLE ALL JUST SEND PMS SAYING THEY WANT TO FUSE AND CRAP.
So, how has everyone been?
If you talk to me on IRC about this game within the next 24 hours, I can help to kill someone in this game. Feel free to do so at your own convenience.
sure, but DLE has to initiate the conversation and I can't guarantee I'll reply
Slight change in rules to make things a little less tasking for some. If you have a partner, starting N1 (and every Dark Hour from there out), you may speak to them via IRC.
If everyone whom I need dead could contact me tonight, that would be great.
And that would be whom?
To prove I'm no wolf I'm reminding my partner and all of you to send in the fusion action tonight.
Now that the day is over I'll give you advice: passive abilities are stronger than aggressive.
Also, Acklow mentioned a "hidden variable" that might happen during fusions. The issue came up when I asked him if I should fuse back to my starting arcana on N2.
Discuss after your fusions happen!
I've decided to fuse with Agape!
That's because the bottom half of the fusion chart is the triangle fusion chart, which is a completely different system than normal fusions, at least in-game. I have no idea if that's how Acklow is treating it or if he's adopted it for something entirely different. I do doubt, however, that he actually made the order of the Personas matter, seeing as it's not mentioned in the rules and that would be a very finicky thing to base it on (Oh you were expecting this but you typed them in a different order in the PM, now you get something else entirely!)
You know, I'm capable of paying attention to what Acklow told me in response to my question in IRC query, I just chose not to...
The Acklow has said that triangle fusions would be considered normal for the purposes of this game. Go figure. I went already.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 2:37:34 AM.|