There isn't currently a suggestion thread, so I'm making one right here.
No guarantees, etc, blah blah blah
Limit nicknames to 10 characters as in the actual games.
I suggested this suggestion box, so I'll start with some basic ones.
PS- I am gregor/sinister act
1. Have a group below voiced that only has moderated talk.
2. Have a (edit: seperate)chat for lower-voiced and up, so that others can converse on without the mod chat restrictions.
3. Upgrade various random people to test out new lower-voiced to admins.
4. Team builder is perfect. Do not change it at all. ;)
5. Make a /list command to find a list of all commands
6. Ask for help sometimes!
7. Be more active with randoms
8. Fix the ladders
9. Try and inform us with times more than just 'sometime today'.
10. Listen to everybody's opinion, and don't be biased.
11. Remember you are doing an amazing job.
12. THIS ONE IS BIG!!
Instead of just having a name on your account, I think we should have bios, battle preferences, activity, avatars, and more general information about person.
Remember, a name doesn't explain someone very well.
13. Email updates??
14. Pokemon Showdown ONLY forum?
15.Set up voiced+ vs regular users tourneys.
16. Get people to help code?
17. Assign a group for people who take suggestions and try and make them possible.
18. More disciplinary actions.
19. Have a designated person to take info about people who offended them and have the 'counselor' figure out a just punishment.
20. Take constructive criticism.
That's All Folks!
Sort the list of players ala PO.
This one's far more trivial, but it would be neat to be able to watch a random battle. Even cooler is if it would be able to let you watch a match between two good players (choose a random battle out of the top 5 sum ratings?).
I think I posted this somewhere else but I think it belongs here.
show stat totals in battle.
post recent changes on the beginning page with the "play online" button.
7. Zarel is... just he does it randomly. I think the other auth are pretty social *_*
8. WORKING ON IT!!!!!!! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9. I'll get back to you on this in 12
10. There is no bias .-.
11. He is told via "pet"s
12. <see signature>
14. Exists already (kinda)
16. Use /opensource, Talk to Zarel or bmelts to find out what you can do
17. Eh. You're looking at 'em
18. Be harsher?
-EDIT- Or see DTC's post ↓↓↓↓
Hello Sinister Act! I appreciate your willingness to suggest ideas to help the Pokemon Showdown! simulator. I will reply to most of them.
1 - We have enough authority ranks already. There is no point in making another one just for users to talk during moderated chat.
2 - Huh? I don't quite get this. Moderators enable moderated chat for a reason: to put the chat on time-out when it gets too hectic and too many people are breaking the rules.
3 - We will upgrade users to the next authority position when it is needed. We will not skip a rank in promotions.
5 - do /commands or /help
6 - Zarel already does that.
7 - Don't be selfish. Zarel tries as much as possible to be active with you guys, but he's really busy with coding. Wouldn't you rather him code for PS! rather than talk with you guys all of the time? Then nothing would get done!
8- That is Zarel's top priority and he is working on it. Don't expect the ladder to ever be perfect; it won't go exactly the way you want, unfortunately.
9 - A lot of times that's honestly the best estimate Zarel can give you.
10 - He does that. It's impossible for him not to be biased for some decisions, however.
12 - I'd love that! However, I don't think it's as important as many other things Zarel has planned.
13 - There is no point in this. If you want updates, go here.
14 - Why should Zarel make this? It makes more sense for the Pokemon Showdown! forum to stay here on Smogon.
15 - Tournaments will come eventually. Note that it is not Zarel's job to host tournaments.
16 - People already help Zarel code. He's not the only one coding.
17 - Eh, no need to organize something like that.
18 - What do you mean by this?
19 - Just pm an authority member regarding this.
20 - Zarel does this already.
Again, thank you for your suggestions.
Thanks a lot for answering my questions and concerns.
Sorry if i sounded rude or offended anyone.
I think that the "counselor" idea and the general account info are the best and hope you reconsider the counselor.
Glad that we agree on the account info. I think it will be a great implement in the future if you guys decide to do it.
Thanks for responding so quickly.
hope to see you on the server.
1 more suggestion!!
I think that there should be different chat-tabs for different topics.
THIS WOULD BE GREAT.
Separate the "battlers" from the socializers.
Here are some tab ideas.
To me, this seems like a great idea, but maybe you won't agree.
Please bring this up to Z because this seems kind of AWESOME.
It would be good to spread people out and be able to hover about the tabs.
Hiding the team preview from spectators, as otherwise ghosting is really easy, and official tournament matches will be impossible to play on PS.
Hello Zarel, I'd like to start this off with a huge thank you very much for Pokemon Showdown(!)! This is my first post and while my join date doesn't reflect it, I've been lurking for a very long time. I don't have many RL friends who play competative pokemon, and while PO worked for what I wanted I couldn't really convince my friends to try it. However, Pokemon Showdown! has gotten a lot of them interested since it's so intuitive and the Team Builder helps quite bit!
Anyways, now that me appreciating PS! is out of the way...
1) I'd love an option to save the battle logs just like in PO. Honestly, a button that makes a popup window with the text string already selected and ready to copy would work just fine (without the conversation between battlers).
2) On the Team Builder, if there'd be a way to check team weakness and resistances (or even offensive coverage!) like Marriland's would be helpful.
So there's my little PS! wishlist. Once again, thanks for everything and good luck getting PS! back up soon!
I would suggest a "Private" match option mostly for Tournament play.
making life shittier for specs isn't worth making ghosting only marginally harder. the only way to truly prevent ghosting is to fly a td to the houses of both battlers and have them stare at the players' computer screens
I meant when it is lol. When the server's up and running, it will be used for official matches. I'm sure the first round will have a healthy deadline to reflect the current state of affairs.
Though, my biggest suggestion is: don't kill yourselves over PS. We all love you guys and appreciate the work you're putting in for us to have a great sim. No rush for anything, if you want to implemented. Thanks for everything thus far and in advance!
We should get a wurmple that knows wurmples revenge. It will do 120 dragon damage, x.5 speed, toxic poison, and force wurmple to switch
maybe sometime in the future the ability to change songs/make a custom playlist of pokemon vg soundtracks would be very cool.
or even having the song randomised like the background
being able to view two battles at once instead of switching between them would be helpful when spectating/playing (making the battle window smaller etc.)
Possibly adding in some diferent colour schemes/themes. white does get a little boring
i know that these are mainly aesthetic things, but i think they'd make using the application much more enjoyable.
also doubles/triples but i'm sure that's intended to happen later anyways
As a long time user of PS!...
1. Auto-save during teambuilder
2. Saving replays
3. bmelts this is a horrible teambuilder
4. Remove the character limit on names or make it larger. I miss the absurdly large names like Derp McDerpington, First Lord Of Derp, Keeper of the Sacred Derp Flame
8. Volume Slider as opposed to flat out mute.
9. More move animations
10. Move sounds
11. CAP LC
12. Win/loss/tie autoquotes would be nice
13. Bring gastrodon-blue back plz pink gastrodon makes me want to stab out my eyes
14. Remove the >>
<< access denied stuff. Too easy for spammers to abuse (surprised one hasn't yet). Just make it flat out fail if a non-sys admin uses it.
15. Removing main chat in battles as a option
16. Being able to kick spectators from your battles would be nice
17. give outlaw more things to rant about
18. change the mascot to Gardevoir
19. A tournament function. Using challonge is a pain in the butt and keeping track of dropouts is absurd.
20. Pausing replays
21. Animation toggle
22. Fast forward/rewind replays
23. Temp mutes/bans (X has been banned/muted/what have you for 3 seconds etc etc)
24. Option to save/load teams to/from a .txt file
26. Make mutes harder to avoid (as it stands you can mutedodge by clearing your cookies)
27. Remove /whois showing if they are online on another alt so if people want privacy, people can get privacy.
28. Lurkmode (i.e. not showing up on the user list and showing up as offline to everyone except drivers and above)
29. remove non-ranked or ranked randoms, seems kind of pointless to have two seprate tiers for random battles when we already have a bajillion tiers as it is
30. Revamp the rules and make them clearer (as it stands not only is it kind of vauge in some respects, such as what qualifies as a borderline name, it also fails to mention several rules such as the fact that you have to speak in english in the main chat)
31. International server
32. The ability to change the color of our username
33. Password recovery
34. The ability to reset our stats
35. Manual ties (i.e. player 1 requests a tie, player 2 accepts, nobody wins/loses)
36. Pokeball animations
37. Auto-muting (spam the same thing for several lines/post waaay too fast and automuted for a short period of time)
38. Link warnings (to prevent accidentally clicking on shock/virus sites)
39. The ability to save chat logs
40. Every format we do not currently have
41. PU tier
42. Display EVs, stats, movepools, etc in debug mode of enemy team. would be helpful for tournaments.
43. Auto-wiping accounts for inactivity
44. Custom battle clauses (help with tournaments).
45. Make /potd display the current pokemon of the day in randbats, make a new command /setpotd to do what the old /potd did
46. The ability to filter through matches when searching for a match to spectate
47. Private battles
48. /requestfr X, which requests a mod to FR whoever X is while saying who requested the fr. abuse = mute then ban
49. damage calculator
9001. give me mod you and I both know I would be the best mod ever.
-6. generic begging for voice
idk if its possible but a small thingyou could do is whenyou exceed the character limit it deletes your message and gives you a message a long the lines of "too long". if you have exceeded that limit then you have obviously put a bit of effort into typing it and it can be very infuriating to haveit removed. If it could just leave the message in the chat typing bar then you can work with the text you have written to shorten it. Anyway great simulator and love your work.
P.S long story short leave your excessively large message in the chat typing box.
Multiple format commands. By this, I mean typing /Hackmons, /balancedhackmons, /glitchmons, /streetpokemon, /othermetas would bring up a box explaining what these metas are.
You don't necessarily need a special box explaining each meta. Do it in a way similar to ou, uu, etc.
If not that, maybe have a box appear for users upon logging in that informs them of a command that they can type that will explain the features of pokemon showdown. What is their avatar (that the trainer sprite is called an avatar)? How do they register? What is a ranked battle? etc.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 6:52:59 AM.|