Cohosting with Folgorio
Approved by Earthworm
Rules that will be static regardless of matches:
- Timed Battle ON
- Sleep Clause ON
- Self-KO Clause ON
- Random Battle OFF
- Moody is banned.
The following options are up to the player:
- Team Preview -- Each player can determine if they want Team Preview in their match or not. This can be for any generation.
- Evasion Clause -- Players may opt to use Double Team or whatever in their movesets, given the match does not become a 50/50.
- OHKO Clause -- Players can opt on whether they want OHKO moves or not for their team.
- Released Status -- Players may opt to use unreleased items and unreleased ability/gender combinations. If an unreleased ability is used though, egg moves/tutor moves from previous generations will not be allowed in conjunction with these unreleased abilities.
- Battle Style -- Players may opt to make this Singles, Doubles, or Triples. Doubles is only applicable for Generations III, IV, and V. Triples is only applicable for Generation V.
- Species Clause -- Players may have as many of the same Pokemon as they want given it is not a crapshoot. (I.E. 6 Scarfchomps with Outrage.. This will be expanded upon later.)
- Freeze Clause -- Players may select if they want Freeze Clause on or off.
- Strict Levels -- Players may opt to specify which Pokemon are at which level.
- Specific Generation -- Players may opt to play whatever generation they would like.
- Specific Simulator -- Players may choose to use either Pokemon Online (1.0.60), Pokemon Online 2.0, or Pokemon Showdown.
Be aware that Showdown! only supports Singles.
Apart from the Moody Ban, there will be three other restrictions for teambuilding.
- No crapshoots -- Any team that basically relies on luck. Ex: Metronome on all 6 mons, Same mon 6 times with choice scarf + SE Move, will be banned. For this reason, Moody is banned.
- No excessively long teams that were designed to stall themselves out. If a match goes past 250 turns, the player that did not make the team wins.
- Pokemon cannot use moves that they learn via glitches that greatly enhance their movepool, such as those used for the movepool basis for Balanced Hackmons.
To have a team approved, it must be publicly posted in the thread with restrictions and clauses on the bottom. The sets must be copied exactly as instructed in the OP. If nothing is listed, 31 IVs in all is assumed. If a player does not copy the team right, that player will automatically lose the match (3 matches make up one round.) If a player's name is bolded here, then the team submitted is approved.
Do not play your opponent unless both yours and his teams are approved.
A vs B
To clarify, this is a best of 3. Players A and B will play each other in three games. One will require both of them to both use A's team and follow the rulesets A has provided. Another will require both of them to both use B's team and follow the rulesets B has provided. The third will require both of them to both use the hosts' team and follow the hosts' rulesets. The team and ruleset the hosts will require you both to use will change every round. Collaboration with teambuilding is encouraged.
Three host teams, one by Earthworm made specifically for this tournament, and the other two by the finalists of previous rendition: EspyJoel and Earthworm, respectively.
Best of Five:
Eo Ut Mortus