||Oct 13th, 2012 9:40:02 PM
Ditto - UNRESERVED (QC 0/3)
- Only useful for breeding until the release of BW2.
- DW gave it a wonderful ability, Imposter, allowing ditto to Transform without wasting a turn using transform and revenge killing a wide range of pokemon.
- Can scout an opposing pokemon's entire moveset simply by switching in
- Is capable of turning your opponents boosts into a countersweep, but has a harder time doing it sometimes because of being locked with 5 pp moves. Also, there are fewer set up sweepers in RU than there are in other tiers
- Not as effective against more defensive oriented teams.
- Forced to run Choice Scarf to be effective at all.
- It is the ultimate filler nigga
name: Ditto Strikes Back
move 1: Transform
item: Choice Scarf
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
- Ultimate revenge killer. Outspeeds about everything it wants to while copying any boost his opponents might have obtained previously.
- If going the countersweep way, allowing pokemon such as Fraxure, Kabutops, Crawdaunt, and Omastar to set up and later be revenged by Ditto is recommended .Avoid facing Bulk Up and Calm Mind users.
- It can also serve as an excellent scout and reveal your opponent's moves, allowing you to play easier around some threats or even get hazards easier.
- If Ditto is running low on health, it can come in a Regenerator mon and go out to get really appreciated recovery, and a chance to revenge a pokemon later in the game.
- Against more defensive teams, Ditto can still do a decent job by transforming into a wall that has a status move to cripple them and allow other pokemon to sweep easier.
- Hp is the only stat that matters when Ditto transforms, becuase of that, it should always be maximized. Other Evs are only used for winning mirror Ditto battles.
- IVs can be customized to get a specific Hidden Power and allow Ditto to revenge some threats easier.
- Teammates for this thing is tricky because Ditto will be only sent out to revenge threats.
- Spinners such as Kabutops and Cryogonal can be helpful because they will spin away hazards and give Ditto more chances to come in and revenge stuff.
- Any team that needs a revenge killer and hates set up sweepers should consider giving Ditto a shot.
- Nope. Ditto needs a Choice Scarf to work, never consider using any other item.
[Checks and Counters]
- No real counters because Ditto will be able to pick which pokemon it wants to be.
- You should have stuff that can at least check your own team if you don't want Ditto countersweeping you.
- Substitute prevents Ditto from transforming.
- Don't be a greedy bastard.
||Oct 13th, 2012 10:20:39 PM
just be sure to list some specific mons you'd want to try to get in on to sweep the opposing team with, and what to do with Ditto against a stall team (get it in on a mon with Toxic or their revenge killer if they have one, etc.)
QC Approved 1/3
||Oct 13th, 2012 11:36:25 PM
Mention in checks and counters that the best way to beat ditto is to have a solid team that can check anything it might transform into during the match (basically, dont be stupidly weak to one of your own pokemon, lol), also, as you said, make sure to emphasize not be a greedy bastard.
Also what oglemi said =P
QC approved 2/3
||Oct 13th, 2012 11:45:48 PM
QC Approved 3/3
||Nov 2nd, 2012 9:48:24 PM
I would put 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe for IVs to get Hidden Power Fire. It hits the Pokemon that use Hidden Power the most, mainly Grass-types like Sceptile and Tangrowth, and can hit Escavalier which usually switches into these Pokemon.
||Nov 3rd, 2012 12:45:31 PM
agreed, never thought of hp fire but it all makes sense now, put hp fire over hp ice and maybe AC ice or something =). Good find dittocrow!
||Jan 2nd, 2013 8:23:35 PM
This is being reassigned if anyone wants it
EDIT: windsong does :3
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 1:48:50 PM.
This forum runs vBulletin (with many modifications!) © 2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.