Virizion (BW2 Revamp) (QC 0/3)
This is my first time doing this and I am not very familiar with the format. So please tell me if I am doing things wrong. Also, I will add the Work Up set soon.
• The first thing that strikes you about Virzion is it’s unique typing only shared with Breloom.
• Another thing that stands out about Virzion is it’s great Special Defense stat at base 129.
• It also has a 108 speed stat going for it shared with the other members of the Musketeer Trio (Cobalion, Terrakion)
• Virzion can use its bulk and unique typing to help it set up with its boosting moves such as Swords Dance and Calm Mind.
• Virzion has to rely on Focus Blast’s measly accuracy for coverage if using a special set which is not great.
• It also has an undesirable Defense stat giving it a hard time surviving different physical attacks.
• Virzion is an amazing help against Rain and Sand; the two most common forces in the metagame.
Name: Calm Mind
Move 1: Calm Mind
Move 2: Focus Blast
Move 3: Giga Drain
Move 4: Hidden Power Ice
Item : Life Orb / Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
• Virzion can also opt to run a Calm Mind set.
• Virzion becomes a bulky pivot on the team taking special moves after a Calm Mind with ease.
• Grass / Fighting / Ice is great coverage against most of the tier.
• After a boost, it can hit a lot of the pokemon that it walls hard.
• One of the best offensive Landorus and Rotom-W checks in the game.
• Life Orb gives a much needed power boost. However, if you focus on bulk, Leftovers can be a viable option.
• Heatran is a great partner in a Bulky Offense team resisting the main issues of Virzion.
Name: Swords Dance
Move 1: Swords Dance
Move 2: Close Combat
Move 3: Leaf Blade
Move 4: Stone Edge / Hidden Power Ice
Item: Life Orb / Lum Berry
Nature: Jolly / Naive
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
• Virzion can utilize a Swords Dance due to its combination of good bulk and speed.
• With a Swords Dance boost, it turns into a deadly wallbreaking force with a solid speed stat killing a majority of defensive Pokemon in one or two blows.
• The first move is incredibly self explanatory, it utilizes Swords Dance to boost its attack to +2.• Leaf Blade and Close Combat are Virzion’s main stab moves. Leaf Blade
and Close Combat have decent coverage as well.
• The best move to round out the coverage is Stone Edge. Stone Edge hits multiple targets such as Volcarona, Dragonite, Salamence and Tornadus-Therian.
• It can also opt to run Hidden Power Ice to kill Gliscor without the use of prior damage.
• +2 252 Atk Life Orb Virizion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 98.51 - 115.84%
• Virzion can also run a bulkier set with Synthesis thanks to the new BW2 tutors
• Solid check to sand teams and can blow through a majority of stall.
• Weavile is an excellent partner blowing through Dragon and Psychic
types that Latios hates.
• Virzion can also opt to run Dual Screens since reflect takes over its poor
Defensive Bulk. However, it is rather outclasesed.
• Virzion can also become a Special Defensive wall with access to Roar.
• Virzion can also choose to forego one of its coverage moves with Substitute to bypass its natural counters such as Scizor, Mamoswine, Weavile, and Choice Scarf Salamence to kill them with the coverage move of choice.
[Checks and Counters]
•Scizor and Mamoswine kills weakned Virzion
•Infernape if it wins the speed tie
I am not sure if the SD Set really deserves a set it faces just too much competition from Breloom i see the point that the initially higher base speed and better bulk make it easier to set-up/force things out, but if it's gonna get written up i think you should put an emphasis on what it can do that breloom can't do better.
IMO CM sounds like a really nice set right now especially with Tornadus-T banned to ubers, it works great against a lot of common rain pokemon much like in late BW thanks to its great typing and special bulk and contrary to the SD set it doesn't cares about scald.
Take Synthesis out of OO its terrible in a meta game full of rain and sand teams and Virzion isn't really a good pokemon on sun teams so i really see no use for it especially when it gets giga drain for recovery.
Dual Screens are outclassed and often better done by things like Espeon/ Lati@s etc. you could mention that it gets it but explain that there are usually better choices (also i have never ever seen anybody who uses DS Virzion and that propably has a reason).
Also neither chansey nor Blissey can actually wall virzion they can toxic/T-Wave Virzion but CM Variants can 2HKO both with FB at +1 with LO IIRC so they aren't really checks or counters in any sense.
I am not sure about substitute on the SD set the only real use i see is too protect from Scald burns and 90% of the pokemon that use scald won't stay in on Virzion and Virzion really needs the 3rd coverage move since it gets walled by way too much things otherwise especially dangerous things like Volcarona, Dragonite, Thundurus-T and Salamence and you don't really want to give one of them a free turn.
I don't really see why suicune gets a special mention as a team mate because i actually see nothing that suicune can do that isn't done better by the OU Water types like Jellicent,Tentacurel, Vaporeon, Keldeo or Rotom-W.
I am not 100% sure about this but i think you may need some SpA EVs to get the OHKO on Gliscor with HP Ice on the SD set.
shrang wrote detailed set entries for Calm Mind set and Swords Dance set previously, so please sure to read up on it and include them in your skeleton - the last thing we want is have less useful information in the revamped analysis x_x. You can check shrang's entries here
No mention of Tornadus Therian as a counter? Or at least a check.
Please add Work Up to OO. I don't think it deserves a full set but it is sure better than Dual Screens. Also, I'd put Leftovers as the main slash on he CM set. I know LO is quite handy to get an OHKO on Scizor and Jellicent after SR at +1, but Leftovers helps you a lot when taking Rain-boosted Scalds and Hydro Pumps, as well as Landorus' HP Ice / Earth Power.
I'd add Tyranitar as a nice teammate because it easily defeats Starmie, Lati@s, and Reuniclus, 4 Pokemon that check Virizion really well. I'd also give HP Rock an AC mention, but I don't think this is really important.
Unfortunately, Virizion is a Pokemon that does not need a revamp. It was updated recently updated, and QC will be handling edits the Virizion's analysis via SCMS. Thank you for the taking the initiative, and I apologize for not removing Virizion from the index sooner.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 3:27:14 PM.|