The Next Forum Mafia.
I'm going to start up the next forum mafia game. Mekkah's Harry Potter is winding down, so now is a good time to start drumming up interest. I was thinking of doing Star Wars (original 1-3) theme, but I also think Lord of the Rings would be cool. I'll leave it up to you guys. I hope to get about 50-60 for this, and get it started up as soon as Harry Potter ends.
Post in here to sign up, and also indicate whether you'd prefer Star Wars or Lord of the Rings, or some other theme (specify).
I also reserve the right to deny entrance to someone (if you were inactive in Havak's pokemon mafia or Mekkah's HP mafia that doesn't bode well for you).
edit: also, please specify in your post if you want to join. i can't tell if gorm and toothache want to join =/
16. Blue Kirby
23. jc rcw
32. Mr. 378
38. Kade Zonglo
i saw this and decided that since i have a computer i have the means to play
also i have no preference toward theme
I've been toying with a few ideas myself for a mafia game. But I'll let this one run first and see how it goes.
Don't forget you need 3 rival factions, not two. Star Wars is more cut-and-dry (Empire vs Rebels), so I don't see that working. LotR is more of the same (Mordor vs good guys). You need to pick a theme where at least 3 rival factions are working against each other, and sometimes on a subtle level.
i'd like to enter and i'd love to play star wars mafia
you could take like bounty hunters with jabba as the leader or something for the third fraction
also please dont make it like pokemon mafia with the hints and stuff, i'd prefer it to be more like harry potter and saw mafia!
toothache, in star wars you can add jabba and the bounty hunters
in lotr, you can separate mordor and the other tower with christopher lee into 2 parts.
trust me, i've been thinking about this for a long time. i even contacted mekkah like 3 weeks ago about it.
gorm, i can't get to that link, my school is blocking it. it's so stupid, the firewall shouldn't affect teachers. ._.
and no, dak, don't worry. it'll be real mafia.
Well I'm in for this then, should be interesting.
I don't like the idea of Star Wars and much less LOTR for a Mafia theme, but I support Google ads.
Stupid mafia fad, I was there first (Obi does not count). Anyway here's a few things I think that are a must or very advisable when hosting:
- Get a co-host. It helps so much to have a second opinion or just someone to talk to about the whole deal, I always miss something big when plotting everything and it's better to ask the other person before implementing something. Plus, you can split the day and night work between you two, and one of you two can go away for a weekend or something while the game can continue.
- Be really, really, really active on the forums. How the people respond to your mafia game is a reflection of how much time you put into it. Havak updates once in a blue moon, which is about as often as other people actually post in his thread, or say they care.
- Plot as much as you can beforehand. Mostly how your roles will interact, which will have priority over another, that kind of things.
- Lay out beforehand what you will tell to who. Prepare the PMs you send, and decide which information a certain role gets about themselves and others. If you are asked a question, you really have to think before answering it, so you don't give away too much and ruin an aspect of the game. This is another reason to have a partner.
- Trusting is alright, protecting is better. If you have to choose between two options where in one the game is alright as long as people don't fuck up and/or break your rules and in the other you keep the switch in your hands, pick the latter.
- Keep track of everything during the game in log-form or something. Awfully convenient and fun to look back.
- Limit sign-ups to people you know who will be active. I can get you a list of people who I found way too inactive in HP Mafia II after the game is over so you can refuse those in sign-ups. Inactive people will have a much more negative influence on the game as it goes on, because active people do get killed a lot, so you'll want 99 to 100 percent activity if possible.
I voted Star Wars.
Also Shiv/Jackal said they wanted to host one but they now do the World Cup and Shiv is gay anyway so they probably won't do that.
Don't start it before HP Mafia II is over oh my god I'll kill you.
Okay that post was a little on the Basics/chaos rant angry side but I just hate failured mafia games.
In (lucky I happened to check this at school).
Also, I was toying around with the idea of a Fire Emblem mafia for awhile (FE7, two mafia groups would probably be Black Fang and Morphs/Nergal). There'd be a pretty decent pool of characters to make abilities for, the main problem I could see would be that not all that many people have played Fire Emblem.
mekkah, i appreciate the advice. trust me, im really meticulous with this kind of thing. im obsessed with star wars almost as much as harry potter, so im sure i'll be able to make that work real easily if it gets voted on.
and yeah, i'll look into getting a co-host of sorts.
and of COURSE im waiting until hp mafia ends. im assuming that has 1-2 more weeks. sign-ups, brainstorming, and setting up will take about that long i imagine. i want it to be a seamless transition into the next.
and yeah, jackal said that with world cup he's too busy to do a mafia, so i figured i'd do mine right after yours. then once mine is done, jackal can jump in.
If Lord of the Rings, then I would like to join, and if Star Wars, then not.
I'll join, regardless of what it turns out to be.
I'm so in
I vote star wars, and I would like to participate.
I'll join no matter what the theme... but i've got a feeling that LOTR won't work so well. Maybe a fellowship/Sauron/Saruman group...
Also, i was extremely active during all the mafias apart from the first :P
I'll join this mafia it's always fun to play. Furthermore I have always been active in my mafia games.
I've also been giving thought to another mafia game, alas I have been trying to think of themes for it and wonder if anyone would actually join it seeing how I am not a welcome firebot poster
Allies is facing the Nazi's and the facists, who will win
XMen/Magneto's Groupies/Anti Mutants (Can't remember acronym)
Xmen are under attack from Magneto aswell as Anti-Mutants can the X-Men secure their future?
Doctor Who Mafia
Human&TimeLords/Daleks/CyberMen and other evil doers
Doctor who has gathered up his trusty accomplices through time to take part in his final battle agains the daleks aswell as the other less funny evil characters
Humans are bombarded with propoganda of Global warming from Greenpeace and other slightly less known pressure groups as the Scientists try to think of new WMD's
The allies have invaded the middle east for whatever reasons WMD/Oil/Naked Ladies can the Iraqi's and Al-Qaeda stop this threat?
Goku's Alliance/Red Ribbon Army/Saiyans
Goku and friends are still defending their onslaught from the Red Ribbon Army but who is this new Monkey threat emerging
Pirates of the Carribean
Jack Sparrow and his sidekicks are wanted by East India Trading Company, but can Davy Jones satisfy his fishy thirst first? Who knows
Was orginally trying to think of an FF mafia but if not FF why not an FF/Disney parody?
I voted for other, but I'd love to join this in any shape or form.
EDIT: Added some new ideas aswell as an explanation
I'll join, I really wanna be maifa this time >.>
EDIT: I mean Sith, of course.
Signing up and voting for star wars mostly because you didnt even know sarumans name and that really makes me think you are not enough of a lotr nerd to achieve that effectively.
 - Also right now I am bagsing the next mafia game after this one. I hadn't realised demand was so high, I thought I would get a few weeks after mekkahs ended..
Have a nice day.
Voted Star Wars.
mafia is gay
star wars is gay
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:06:43 PM.|