As the old companies lay dying, new ones arose from the ashes to take their place. <Snip> came first to save the world. They were all knowing, <Snip> always had to be ahead of the current trends in order to stay on top. But that was not always so. The day came that another company, <Snip> would form a fierce console rivalry to last a decade. However, this too came to pass, as <Snip> decided they would spend their time helping other consoles improve, even old enemies. In those early days, there were many strong companies that did not wish for the greatness of console control at all. There was <Snip>, notorious for the use of cheating in their games, and <Snip>, who have since become an empty shell pandering to their fans. <Snip>, now there was a company, always making the best games with the coolest characters. Not hard to defend a company like that. Eventually, a new superpower would emerge though. <Snip> would seek to control the industry, and they succeeded for a long time. They prevailed even when the allmighty <Snip> joined, but their only champion was all alone and, mostly harmless.
Today is a dark day in the industry. It is a five year generation with no end in sight, and the shadow of mediocrity hangs over the land. Today, each company sends forth champions to decide who will make the next great console.
The Rules, Must Read
1. Character Card
- Every player has one Character Card. This will be their Character Card for the entire game. Therefore, a player is their Character Card.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Jo...kAhZZBSgbSibqQ
(Gordon Freeman is not actually a character in this game)
Every Character Card has a variety of attributes. These attributes include:
- A number of Hit Points (HP). This is shown in the red circle with the heart graphic. Attacks and other effects can reduce a Character's HP. If your character reaches 0 HP, it is killed, and you are eliminated from the game.
- A Hand Size. This is shown in the red circle with the directional pad and button graphics. At the start of each turn if you have less than this number of cards in your hand, the host will draw the difference from your deck and notify you which cards you receive.
- Every character has either 4 Hand Size and 8 HP, or 3 Hand Size and 12 HP.
- Two Card Types. These are the colored circular emblems in the top right and left corner of the card. Only cards with the corresponding Card Types may be used in your deck.
- An ability. This is listed in the text box, with a flavor name and description of its function. Some abilities are used, while others are static (always in effect).
- A win condition. This is listed below the ability, and must be fulfilled to win.
- A Faction. This is listed in the lower left corner, and is important for fulfilling win conditions.
2. Other Cards
- Your deck is comprised of 4 different kinds of cards.
- There is no way to give or trade cards with others. https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/DG...0yorQWawql-eMg
- An Action Card is generally used like a standard Mafia night action.
- Every card has an Energy Cost that must be fulfilled. If you try to play more cards than you have Energy for, you will fail to play the last card(s) used in your Turn PM.
- When a card is used, it is discarded (there is no discard pile, a discarded card ceases to exist).
- Action Cards generally do not have a priority list (with specific interaction exceptions). In other words, do not assume that a Martyr card will have a higher priority than a Hooker card.
- You may play any number of cards per turn, as long as you have the total Energy to do so. https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/cy...O0G13ajDYwpm1A
- An attack card is used with the purpose of inflicting HP Damage to a player, and has certain special interactions with other cards and abilities.
- Unlike Action Cards, Attack Cards do have a priority list. In general, higher damage Attacks have lower priority, however there are exceptions. The priority list is a secret.
- In general, HP Loss and Damage are considered the same thing (except in the case of cards where a player pays for an effect with HP).https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/3G...jp2tsdvZ-SeOOA
- An Item Card is equipped to a Character. Once you pay the Energy Cost, the Item Card is equipped (not discarded).
- Some Item Cards have static effects (they are always on) while others give players additional actions in their Turn PM.
- An Item's effects take place the turn you equip them, meaning you can use their abilities as well.
- Unless noted (Energy Tank and Seaman), each Item Card is unique. You may not have two of them equipped, and if you obtain two of the same Item the first one will be destroyed (discarded).
- Once equipped (and not before), an Item may be given to another player by requesting it in your Turn PM. https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/r5...A0MZElA_O7lBLQ
- There is only one Energy Card, but every deck should have plenty of it.
- One Energy Card may be equipped each turn, increasing your Energy by 1. This is done before anything else, so if you had 1 Energy at the start of a turn and equip another Energy Card, you may use an Action Card with an Energy Cost of 2 in the same turn.
- The amount of energy you have at the start of the turn is equal to the number of energy cards you have equipped. Plus or minus any temporary energy from card effects. I will tell you how much this is.
3. Building a Deck
- The game will start on Turn 0. During that turn, you will have 48 hours to build a deck and PM it to the host.
- You will learn only your Card Types, Hand Size, HP, and Ability during Turn 0. Your Character, Faction, and Win Condition will all be kept secret (to encourage players to build decks themselves rather than have another player in their faction build it for them).
- Your deck may have between 45 and 60 cards.
- You may have up to 3 copies of any card, but may have any number of Energy Cards.
- Every card in your deck must share a Card Type with your Character Card. This means that every player has a pool of 36 cards to draw from.
- Depending on your Hand Size, a little over 1/3 (3 Hand Size) or 1/4 (4 Hand Size) of your deck should be Energy Cards.
- On that note, decks will not be shuffled in a truly random fashion. This is to prevent players from having poorly shuffled decks.
- Aside from that, the key to victory is a good combination of Attacks and Actions. The perfect combination I do not know. Items are useful, but not essential.
If I was playing Gordon Freeman, a good deck might include:
15 Energy Card
3 Dance Dance
3 Fire Breath
3 Shock Grenade
3 So the World Might be Mended
3 White Claudia
3 Giant Enemy Crab
3 Solar Gun
4. The Lynch
- This is a Unicycle game. Every turn is effectively both Day and Night.
- Starting on Turn 1, Every Turn there will be a vote.
- The person who gets the most votes is not killed, but loses X HP. X equals the number of the current Turn.
- X will go no higher than 4, but the actual damage can be affected by certain cards and abilities.
- There is no majority rule. In case of a tie, no player takes damage.
- To vote, post Lynch [user], and you must post in bold in order for it to count.
- Each turn lasts 48 hours.
5. Turn PM
- In addition to playing cards and Character Abilities, a player can discard any number of cards in their hand. This will allow them to draw more cards next turn.
- Every player must PM the host a Turn PM each turn. This Turn PM should convey everything you wish to do in a turn, so for instance if I were Gordon Freeman I could send in something like:
Title: Turn 4
Equip Energy Card
Use Gravity Gun on -thelucarioeffect-(USER1) and Quagsires(USER2)
Use White Claudia on polelover44. Ask if Blue_Tornado is an Ubisoft
Attack Spiffy with Giant Enemy Crab
Give Solar Gun to Fatecrashers
6. Winning and Losing
- Every player's win condition involves outliving other players.
- The names of the Factions, number of Factions, and number of players in each Faction are unknown.
- If you die, you lose.
- If you achieve your win condition, you are removed from the game as a winner.
- If it is no longer possible for you to achieve your win condition (because a player you needed dead wins) you automatically die. A winner or a loser might cause a chain reaction of other winners and losers.
- The game ends when every player has either lost or won.
7. Fake Claiming
- No player may share their Character Card picture on Turn 1.
- I'll help any player make a fake claim, I'll even make the Character Card picture.
- Every player can have one safe claim, from a Faction (game company) of their choosing.
8. Card Rulings
- As far card effects are concerned, "actions" can mean Action Cards, Attack Cards, and Character Abilities.
- Certain cards allow you to draw extra cards during your next turn. These cards are drawn AFTER the player draws up to their hand size.
- Certain cards force players to discard cards. These cards are discarded in your Turn PM. If you do not discard the required number of cards, your hand will be discarded (including any cards you wanted to use that turn).
- Certain cards reduce the amount of Energy a player has. This affects them during and only during their next turn.
- Certain cards increase the amount of Energy a player has. This is a temporary increase during the next turn. As Energy does not accumulate, this extra Energy should be used or it will be wasted.
- Many effects that silence also negate persuasion (preventing godkills). This goes for double persuade godkills.
- If a card has an additional HP cost, you may not pay that cost if it would reduce you to 0 HP.
- Static Character abilities can be negated. If they are, the Character is considered to have blank text box (except for their win condition) during the Turn they are negated.
I reworded the energy rules somewhat, talk to me if it still does not make sense.
7. jigglypuffers42 - Mint
Lynched, set on fire, and sniped.
9. makiri - Jill Valentine
Sniped then critically hit.
1. Exarius - Solid Snake
26. Crux - Amaterasu
Ascended to heaven.
17. Yeti - Wander
29. Lightwolf - Yugi Moto
Lit on fire to death.
6. Midou - Samus Aran
Bad hockey game.
12. Nachos - Crash Bandicoot
8. billymills - Red
Too close to sea.
15. lambasto - Ryo Hazuki
Asked too many questions.
16. UncleSam - Lara Croft
Swore he was gonna die.
19. Aura Guardian - Fox McCloud
Didn't stand a ghost of a chance.
20. pFanrgen'thL! - Sparkster
No country for jetpack rodents.
24. shade - Kratos
Death by irony.
3. Dogfish44 - Sonic
Neuton's 1st law of physics.
21. LifeAdmiral - Spike
23. danmantincan - Bayonetta
Couldn't stay cool.
Missed his deadline
Two on one
Winners Turn 7 5. Veedrock - Link
10. Amelia - Ecco
11. Goldenknight - Sly Cooper
Playstation 4 13. zorbees - Vyse
22. Nook - Mario
30. imperfectluck - JC Denton
Apple iGame Turn 8 4. Quagsires - James Sunderland
Sex Box Turn 10 2. HD - Ryu
Ansatsuken Entertainment System
14. Phantasia - Phoenix Wright
18. askaninjask - Richter Belmont
25. Lesm46 - Crono
It is now Turn 0. You have 48 hours to turn in you deck list. EVERYONE has to do this, there can be no stragglers.
The official IRC is #bridge.
Dec 28th, 2010 6:43:18 PM
first, good luck all, can't wait post
Dec 28th, 2010 6:48:30 PM
Second, good luck everyone
Dec 28th, 2010 6:51:08 PM
Third, good luck
Dec 28th, 2010 6:58:37 PM
Why was this game approved by Mekkah yet he is playing in it?
He is clearly cheating.
Dec 28th, 2010 7:00:05 PM
This category is for those that have proven to excel at designing and hosting games (and for Earthworm, HEh). It allows absolute freedom in your concept, design, and player list (though we still put a 30 player maximum for now). If you want to host one of these, instead of judging your game, Earthworm and I will judge you.
Mekkah approves of vonFiedler.
EDIT: No, von should get a custom title for it ;D
Dec 28th, 2010 7:01:04 PM
He should put that in his sig then not in the OP.
Dec 28th, 2010 7:13:12 PM
creating dick i mean deck
Dec 28th, 2010 7:20:12 PM
Yep, gool duck all!!!
Dec 28th, 2010 7:57:49 PM
i thought there were enough <snip>s in sands mafia
Dec 28th, 2010 8:00:44 PM
nook must have a deck up his ass
Dec 28th, 2010 8:05:50 PM
Guys if I lose this card game I'm gonna jump, so attack me at my own risk! My brother's life depends on this card game(and I really want him to at least get hospitalised for a while)
Dec 28th, 2010 8:17:47 PM
Good Luck post #X.
Apart from all the people I'm trying to kill.
Dec 28th, 2010 8:54:24 PM
How did I get in? Good luck though.
Dec 28th, 2010 10:21:55 PM
Good luck everyone.
Provided you are on my team, that is. Or if you need dead the people who need me dead.
As soon as I figure out who you are.
Dec 28th, 2010 10:43:36 PM
Originally Posted by Fat UncleSam
Why was this game approved by Mekkah yet he is playing in it?
He is clearly cheating.
Don't worry Mekkah sucks so much he'll still lose handily.
Dec 28th, 2010 10:46:07 PM
Who is Fanrgen? Is he related to Fagren and/or Fangren?
Dec 29th, 2010 12:04:04 AM
Originally Posted by Fat zorbees
Who is Fanrgen? Is he related to Fagren and/or Fangren?
Man, Fanrgen's in this? I hate that guy, and hope I get to kill him. Good luck to the rest of you, though!
Dec 29th, 2010 6:57:13 AM
Requesting a sortable public spreadsheet (or one we can copy and sort for ourselves) to make it easier and quicker to build decks! I'm sure you already have one so you can just make a new file with just that in it and publicize it.
I decided to say it now, because you'll figure it out turn 1 and there are enough people who aren't sure they want to use teamwork oriented cards.
A faction is a group that doesn't need to kill you in order to win. However, you don't necessarily have the same enemies either.
Dec 29th, 2010 9:55:20 AM
If you believe you seriously can complete your wincondition all alone(ergo lose), go ahead, don't use support!
Dec 29th, 2010 10:59:29 AM
Is Exodia legal?
Dec 30th, 2010 1:32:42 AM
I've been thinking about Hold It! and I've Covered Wars You Know, and it seems to me like there is really two ways you could interpret the card. I intended for them to be kept in your hand and played automatically upon damage, buut, because they don't say that they are played automatically the logical assumption would be that you play them and their effect would last until you take damage, causing them to be discarded. I'm gonna say that they work as worded, and not as intended. So when you get them into your hand, play them (they are free anyway).
This counts for Fancy Tie and Distraction too.
Dec 30th, 2010 3:11:59 AM
I need 11 more Decks, and I actually think that is a pretty reasonable number atm.
However, everyone who gets their deck in on time will get their Character Card, and can start playing the social aspect of mafia that much sooner. So don't get left out!