polop
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I've been getting a little busy irl with stuff, but I'll be around more.
    Last Activity: Mar 3rd, 2012 12:16:43 PM

where'd you disappear off too....
    So, I'm finally going to get back into ubers, lol. I've been practicing in BW / GSC OU pretty hard and it's paid off, but I need to update my uber teams. Here's my "short list" of teams I need to make:

1.] Sun stall
    2.] Deoxy-S HO [very effective]
    3.] Rain Semi Stall

I'll also try to fit Mixed Ray and Taunt-two on a team too. Taunt two for semi stall, mixed ray for some offensive team.
    Yeah, I see what you're saying now. But I do think they should have went the "something that actually works on paper thats never been discovered too" route. Because hail doesn't really even work on paper.

And yea, am assuming your using the reflect + toxic lugia. Offensive groudon is a pain in the ass for stall....stone edge loves to crit too. I'm not saying that stall teams don't get haxed, I just think stall teams can recover from hax easier, and they're more consistent. When you look at the ppl at the top of the ladder on PO and smogon, they all use generic stall teams. kyogre / skarm / chansey / giratna / bulky arceus / filler. Or some variation of this. It's just really effective at getting the job done.

And last thing, i think we failed last time we tried to team build a new team lol. i'd like to give that another shot whenever you have time.
    Ah, I see, yea ubers is too balanced lol. My reply in the research thread is a little harsh cuz I said hail sucks xD....but oh well. I just think there's a lot more better things to research even with a balanced tier. Like Tyranitar, excadrill, cloyster, jirachi, Magnezone , jynx xD, dugtrio. Any one of these actually have some niche in ubers, people just don't use them much.

and about the stall stuff, ic. Might give stall-two a try. Lugia + chansey + kyogre + steel core is solid as heck, but not unbreakable, but anyone will have a tough time breaking it. That's why stall teams get so high on the ladder, they're pretty easy to use. offensive teams are prone to hax, lmao.
    Yo mr.lol, there's been a little hype about stall-two. Is it really good for stall teams? atm I really don't see whats so good about it. I need another stall team and am thinking of using it, along with the ever-so-annoying sub phaze lugia =)

Edited: So I finally check out the ubers sub forum again, and I see that they are researching if Abomasnow / Hail can be an " innovative choice" in today's metagame? I mean honestly, there a lot of better things to discuss than hail in ubers....it sucks, lol. Okay, don't get me wrong, you can make a good team out of hail, gimmicks are fun too, but for serious play, you're using kyogre and groudon, or even t-tar as your weather inducers. Never Abomasnow. Besides, assuming it's stall, the 5 pokemon you use probulay work just fine on their own, and abomasnow would be providing little support to the team, other than switching into kyogre and giving steel types free set-up chances via double and single switching xD. Any opinion on this?
    Well, am in a slump again. Lost my first spl match and lost indigo match. It's not that am getting "beat", it's just on the key play, I make a poor choice and lose the game because of that 1 play [no joking]. How do you fix choking? lol.
    I'm confused, i thought you wanted to go with chesto kyogre + xatu + groudon. That's what you said on irc, and in your earlier vms on this page o-o
    yeah, gen 2 OU. But the team looks OK atm, kyogre / groudon / xatu / [another stall breaker - am thinking darkrai,mewtwo, mixed dialga, something like that here] / [ghost arceus / fighting arceus / etc] / [??????]
    sorry about that, that was a mess. I was battling mynism and yan, while you were dcing a lot lol, we'll get it next time. Also, i finally made spl, but playing gsc ou for the the cryonicles, which is all good, i stopped caring about a specific tier and just focused on trying to get on a team.
    yeah, scald is good for the burn hax. I picked ferrothron because it's most versatile, e.g it can wall, support team, and set up hazards. Xatu is fine, but it doesn't provide much besides screens. If you use xatu it'd be logical to get more things that would benefit from the screens [bulky cb zekrom?] and it'd be nice if that something could also take out kyogre's checks / counters as a bonus.
    Alright then. I choose ferrothron as the first partner for obvious reasons. Also, what about movesets for chestorest orgre?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…