xXPeridotXx
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Contributing to the site. Each badge is for a different thing. A list is here in the Badge & Trophy FAQ. :) Good luck!
    although negating leftovers for them is annoying, they generally have good synergy in hail teams, check them out
    it sounds good at first thought, although it doesnt patch up ice's common weaknesses, fighting and rock, i have thought of it before, but it doesnt work too well, other defensive pokemon that resist these 2 types are claydol, nidoqueen, and maybe golurk, they also create checks to terrakion, due to those being his stab options
    There is a good reason why Swift Swim + Drizzle got banned but both Chlorophyll + Drought and Sand Rush + Sandstream are still allowed.
    To make it short, most Pokemon that have access to Swift Swim are Water-types, mean they not just double their speed but also gain double STAB boosts (by typing and Rain boost). In contrast to this, there's no Pokemon that has Chlorophyll while being a Fire-type, so no double speed along with double STAB boost. Sand Rush users don't even receive any power boost by Sand (however there's an ability called Sand Force to increase Power but keeps the speed stat where it is).
    Long story short: There's a good reason why Swift Swim isn't allowed along with Drizzle and why it should stay banned from OU and obviously lower tiers.
    But thank you for joining my group nevertheless, if you need help for singles OU, Bald Accountants Triathalon is a good place to start.
    First thing i'd suggest you do is get acquainted with the community. Contribute in threads (but don't talk about things you don't know.) Ask questions, but keep them short and simple.

Once you're ready, i'd sign up to Battling 101: http://www.smogon.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42

We've got some pretty good tutors on this site who are willing to teach you the ins and outs of Pokemon.
    Here's a tip from me Pokemon fan to another. I've been where you are right now, and I really think you should wait before mass VMing other badge users about this issue (because I know you, you will.) Lurk before posting or even start playing the OU metagame so you can start contributing to the forums.
    Woah slow down there buddy. I think you've got the wrong impression here, I don't make the rules.

Fortunately, I can answer your question since I played in a metagame where Swift Swim was allowed. Swift Swimmers were broken. No really, they were insanely overpowered. Things like Kabutops, Kingdra and Ludicolo were incredibly difficult to stop once they set up. I know you mention having one per team, but even having a single one was broken. If one were allowed, everyone would use either Kingdra or Kabutops on dominate opposing teams since those swift swimmers are really difficult to check once they set up, and are capable of destroying opposing weather starters.

You compared it Sun teams and chlorophyll users, but a lot of them have flaws that keep them from being team killers, and that sun teams themselves have very limited team slots (you can't run like 4 Chlorophyll users or else you'll be beaten by other team styles). They're very different playstyles.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…