ShortsTheory
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• You can't reverse a mersenne twister, so observation of animation won't get you anywhere. I tracked (with Lua scripts) the mersenne twister for my TAS of White for 3 hours of play, and was able to manipulate the "terrible" trainers who randomly pick a move. For the tough ones (do most damage/work), they have to be danced around and only pick a random move if it will KO (Drapion usually goes for STAB, but to finish off it still Thunder Fang'd ~ swapped to get it to paralyze).

AI is only as good as it is programmed :)

==

Mersenne returns random values every visual frame for each pokemon, low ones make the sprite blink, other values do other stuff.

For non-difficult battles, crappy trainers act like wild Pokemon. rand(#moves) low-high chooses moves 1-#. I've written more on this here.
    FIITJEE students only need to write the FTRE if they are in the final year of a course and wish to seek admission in a course that begins the following year, so I don't need to write it :D
    Somehow I didn't manage to answer your last VM...

BRNG = separate 64 bit PRNG that is seeded on battle start. It's the same type as the PIDRNG.

AI uses mersenne twister to determine a random move, and it's also used to animate sprites.

RAM dumps are just offset-0x02000000, it basically rips the entire 0x02000000 region and says that it is zero. so to find an offset just subtract it from the offset and it'll be right there.

I've got a 3.0GHz processor and with no RAM windows open I get 95~%. Having RAM search/memory viewer open can REALLY slow you down! I've lately started keeping both closed and just using Lua scripts which aren't CPU intensive.
    dream world died soon after i received it. who knows though, i've started playing nu and uu, maybe i'll join on those councils :)
    lol, thanks for the complements, even if i'm losing my tc soon! doubt you'll see any asterisks though haha ;)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…