polop
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Well, looks like I missed that friday, I also missed your no-weather finals games, gj making it that far btw.

The failure of blim continues... <.<
    I posted there, the Tailwind Zekrom. Also lol, Zekrom is more dangerous than Kyurem-B. Bolt Strike is STRONG

yeah this week sucks.
    Well... I think I'll be on most of the day, afk or not. If you just PM me on the server, I should be able to see that. So yeah, that's the plan, unless there's some surprise Christmas shopping, but I'll let you know then!
    You do not have to necessarily mention Arceus-Psychic requiring careful conservation - I just pointed this out as a possible issue. He has reliable recovery anyway.

Good work Mr.lol.

NOTE: Just noticed your edited post... You're good.
    Like I previously said Mr.lol, Utility Counter Arceus-Psychic is a UTILITY COUNTER. This is why I emphasized a Specially Defensive spread (Curiously, the current AC section for Arceus-Psychic does not mention Deoxys-A anywhere. Oddly enough, the Overview too - this is a fundamental niche that truly sets Arceus-Psychic apart from the other formes. Might need to fix that...).

It is true that an uninvested ExtremeSpeed is a bit weak. Still, it's sufficient for dealing with the vast majority of Deoxys-A sets (AKA what you're discussing in the checks / counters) - the standard sets. Focus Sash (Usage of 51.672%) lacks the power to overcome Arceus-Psychic with Dark Pulse (Arceus-Psychic has Recover and will win when switching in; this has been tested) while Life Orb (Usage of 28.718%) loses due to recoil (This has also been tested). All other items are extremely rare and I imagine are largely irrelevant in the context of the checks / counters section (Unless you REALLY want to mention them).

It is also very easy to adapt Arceus-Psychic's EV spread. For example, 252 HP / 48 Atk / 208+ SpD ensures that Arceus-Psychic's ExtremeSpeed will always OHKO after one round of Life Orb recoil. It also guarantees an OHKO on Deoxys-A with a Defense-lowering nature (EX: Mild). However, this is primarily an option for those who desire more of a reassurance against Deoxys-A.

Is it possible to "reframe" your response on Ice Beam VS Dark Pulse towards the community rather than a direct response to my post? Remember, I am not giving you my own opinion on Ice Beam VS Dark Pulse; I am just providing relevant information to help your decision. This is totally optional.

Thanks for mentioning Specially Defensive Latias Mr.lol :).

NOTE: Just noticed your edited post (and edited VM) - it looks much more accurate. Still, take a look above; I imagine the Arceus-Psychic "issues" have been adequately explained - VM if you catch something. However, one very critical issue remains - Arceus-Psychic must be carefully conserved/managed for this purpose as the damage it takes is quite severe. Feel free to mention this in the analysis / your post.
    Hey there! We're opponents for Clear Skies Ubers Semi-Finals. I'm GMT -6, and I can be on between 3-8 on weekdays, and I can be on pretty much all day in the weekend. Note that I'm a Beta player, so I won't be on PS! as much as on PO. Let me know something!
    By the way, is it possible for you to resume working on the entry hazard guide? In particular the abusing entry hazards section? Thanks.
    252 SpA Life Orb Deoxys-A Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 216+ SpD Arceus-Psychic: 190-224 (42.79 - 50.45%) -- 1.17% chance to 2HKO
    252+ SpA Life Orb Deoxys-A Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 216+ SpD Arceus-Psychic: 208-247 (46.84 - 55.63%) -- 74.22% chance to 2HKO
    4 Atk Life Orb Deoxys-A ExtremeSpeed vs. 252 HP / 40 Def Arceus-Psychic: 104-123 (23.42 - 27.7%) -- possible 4HKO

OR

252 SpA Life Orb Deoxys-A Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Arceus-Psychic: 190-226 (42.79 - 50.9%) -- 3.91% chance to 2HKO
    252+ SpA Life Orb Deoxys-A Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Arceus-Psychic: 211-250 (47.52 - 56.3%) -- 82.42% chance to 2HKO
    4 Atk Life Orb Deoxys-A ExtremeSpeed vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Psychic: 108-127 (24.32 - 28.6%) -- possible 4HKO

Remember Mr.lol that this isn't standard Utility Counter Arceus-Psychic, it's Specially Defensive Utility Counter Arceus-Psychic (Elaboration in the quick summary; the EVs are 252 HP / 40 Def / 216+ SpD OR 252 HP / 48 Atk / 208+ SpD - remember He is a UTILITY COUNTER). Deoxys-A's Life Orb boosted ExtremeSpeed is too weak to successfully KO Arceus-Psychic after SR + Dark Pulse, regardless of Deoxys-A's nature. My post was also assuming "standard conditions" for the counter definition (AKA He doesn't have to deal with SR + additional layer(s) of Spikes, just SR), a definition which Specially Defensive Utility Counter Arceus-Psychic coincidentally fulfills (and exceeds). Is it possible to edit your post in light of this to make it a little more accurate?

Anyway, thanks for placing Arceus-Psychic in the Checks / Counters section :). Got to give credit when it's due, especially when it is Arceus-Psychic!

P.S. Like I said in Post #12, Ice Beam's main advantage over Dark Pulse is its ability to inflict consistent Ice-type damage, as well as damaging Specially Defensive Giratina / Great Wall Lugia / Latias more - essentially in agreement with what you wrote in Post #15. Remember, my intent is to provide both the advantages and disadvantages of Ice Beam / Dark Pulse - nothing more, nothing less. It's up to you to decide on the ultimate slash order based on the facts, experience, etc. (Though it helps to take into account the community's opinion like you are currently doing). Hopefully this makes my position clear Mr.lol - you can choose to edit your post in light of this clarification (EX: State your case to the community, personal experiences, etc.).

On another note, like I said in Post #12, Specially Defensive Latias dislikes the extremely rare (and AC) Ice Punch greatly as she can't switch in safely. She is still one of the better answers to Deoxys-A though with the possible exception of Arceus-Psychic. Is it possible to specifically mention her in addition to Latias as a whole rather than just mentioning Latias as a whole? Likewise, is it also possible to specifically mention the relevant Latias in the AC of Tornadus-T like the other "main" checks? Thanks.
    You can find me om orivexes server in the evening idk timezones as om not good at it.
    Thanks....and ah, custap forretress, that brings back good dw uber memories.

I haven't been on showdown at all after making reqs for the evasion clause, lol. I'm going to be busy today, so best time is friday morning / night or weekend.
    I think you should lol. My pc only have like 20MB left though :( dont think so I can download PO2. I will try to clear up some space and try later.
    Ok i'll try to come at 10 PM on sunday if saturday doesn't work for you, and i want to play on groudons grotto, i hate the pokemon showdown simulator.
    ugh i'm GMT+1 and can't play at your evening, i can only play on friday and saturday. Does 10 or 11 PM my time work for you? if not then i could maybe play later, if that's the only possible way to get these battles done.
    I have looked at it and it looks just fine

I'm busy with exams so I'll only get to it on Wednesday
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…